Vino Wine & Tapas Room
18046 Ventura Blvd
Encino, CA 91316Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Vino Wine & Tapas Room
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://vinowineroom.com/
- Phone: (818) 343-2525
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Happy Hour: 4pm - 7pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering featuring the finest in Tapas and Continental Cuisine
- Entertainment: Wednesday: The guitar duo of 'Pancho' and 'Sancho' bring a playful Spanish flare to today's top hits with an energy to keep the night going.
Thursday: Roger Espinoza brings the traditional Spanish Flamenco sounds to the room with a vivacity and precision that lifts the heart.
Friday: Dominican Latin-Jazz guitarist, Richard Gomez, also brings the sounds of France, Spain and the Middle East on his guitar with improvised hand drumming that gets the Friday night started properly.
Saturday: Yussi keeps the spirit alive with fast paced Spanish flares on his guitar and a wide variety of music ranging from the streets of Barcelona to Zeppelin's Ladder to Heaven.
- Special Events: Private events, Executive Luncheon, group wine tastings
A word from Vino Wine & Tapas Room
Vino Wine and Tapas Room Restaurant, a European-style wine tasting restaurant in the heart of San Fernando Valley, California (Encino, Ventura Blvd), offers a delicious alternative to the same old dining experience and more than 100 wines into the establishment, which diners can pair with myriad cheeses and tapas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Vino Wine & Tapas Room - Best Restaurants in Encino ›
Vino Wine & Tapas Room reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
notable wine list (27)neighborhood gem (26)fit for foodies (25)romantic (22)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (9)special occasion (9)good for groups (5)hot spot (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- 1 hr laterLoveVinoDined on 11/15/2014We had a reservation for 8:30pm. They don't have a host/hostess so we had to hunt down servers who basically told us they were waiting for people to leave. Then why take a reservation? Seated at 8:50. Order taken at 9:05pm. By the time we actually got our food at 9:30 ( yes, that's right folks, a full hour after our reservation) everyone was hangry. And no that was not a typo. Hungry and angry. I love the food, but will never go back on the wknd. If u want to try it, go on a Tuesday night.Special Features:
- Try the bacon wrapped dates!Reckless99Dined on 11/14/2014Great selection of wines with in all price ranges and small plates. Very relaxed atmosphere, some people dressed up some super casual. Highly recommend the bacon wrapped dates! I don't even like dates but could eat those every night. Also great sliders! Fun place to go for a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the Garlic ChickenAjay103Dined on 11/2/2014The garlic chicken was amazing, as were the mushrooms cooked in the same sauce. Goat cheese with cranberries and honey, Spanish omelette with tomato purée, crispy mashed potatoes with spicy aeoli -- all very good! The only reason I gave the ambiance a 4 is because it was very dark, with light only from candles. There was "live music" too...well, one guy playing the sax, but it was nice. I'm glad I found it, and best of all I got 1,000 OpenTable points. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Sangria - Yes PleaseladyZVIPDined on 11/1/2014They have the best Sangria!!! and the flan has a very authentic taste, love it. If you were walking/ driving down the street you would never know this Neighbhood Gem was there. A must try!Special Features:
- lorili123VIPDined on 10/25/2014The food was average, and somewhat pricey. The service was not good because the waiter had to follow up on what we ordered and had to go back to the kitchen to check if our order was placed. No dish was outstanding.Special Features:
- Excellent Wine Barjpbrigham3VIPDined on 10/11/2014Vino has an excellent selection of wine and tapas on the menu. The staff is very knowledgable and can help anyone select the perfect win and meal pairing. There is also great live entertainment nightly. This is the perfect spot for a romantic date or a simple quick drink and appetizer.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningGigiVIPDined on 10/6/2014We had a genuinely fun evening. Go for Happy Hour and enjoy tappas for $5.00 each. Knowing that the plates were small in size, we ordered several different dishes. Each dish was delicious and memorable. The restaurant is cozy and comfortable. It was a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- papayaheadDined on 9/22/2014Have been here several times and have always enjoyed myself. I will definitely dine here againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, good wine list, food OKfood10Dined on 9/16/2014Excellent wine list, large plates are small and expensive, small plates are really small for the price. If you want to have a glass of wine, nibble, give your eardrums and voice a workout over the live music, this is a good place for you. Happy hour is a good value.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014Reminded me of my trip to Madrid. The food selection was large, as well as the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NewmiesVIPDined on 9/14/2014good portions and price and good street parking - love the tapas
- ...and Tapas too!KatFoodDined on 9/10/2014What a great neighborhood find! Great wine, tapas, atmosphere, and the Happy Hour can't be beat. When I go back, I want to use the back patio. Too cute!Special Features:
- Time for some different winesCarmineDined on 8/30/2014I've been to Vino at least 6 - 7 times and I always have an enjoyable time. The food is consistently good and the service is friendly but I do think it is time to change up the wines every now and then, after all it's a WINE and tapas restaurant. I keep hoping for maybe some local wines or even a selection from the nearby Santa Barbara and Central Coast wineries, but the wines don't seem to ever change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great happy hour!kimchi1111Dined on 8/21/2014Best time to go is their happy hour 4-7pm, but their menu is good food anytime with great tapas and wonderful wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love vinoLoveVinoDined on 8/15/2014I love being able to avoid going to hollywood, & find a really amazing place with great food & wine, & beautiful live guitar that's soothing, not too loud. Great for dates or an evening out with friends.Special Features:
- Great tapasLuvAppetizerDined on 8/8/2014Our first visit. Enjoyed the happy hour tapas and wine selection.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/2/2014We have been there frequently, but the service was severely lacking on this visit.Special Features:
- The following 237 reviews are from the Vino Wine & Tapas Room reviews archive.
- good foodyumyumchopDined on 7/27/2014We went for dinela and the food was decent. I would definitely go back for their happy hour menu. They have a nice and cheap selection of tapas and wine. We ordered the naranja salad, cold soup, date with bacon, zucchini chips, potatoes with aoli sauce, and white anchovies. The food was alright. But the zucchini chips and bacon wrapped dates were yummy!!! For the big tapas we got pollo and the steak. Bothwere good!! They werejuicy, and tender. The wines were ok. We got syrah and the red blend. Overall the food was good but nothing to write home momabout. Service was a little slow but we weren't in a hurry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Tapas and WineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2014Found on dinela. The Tapas and wine was very good. Try the bacon wrapped dates. We each ordered the Salmon, Skirt Steak, and Chicken. They ran out of Salmon. That would have normally been okay, however, wish we would have been told much sooner. However, they did offer Tilapia. The steak and Tilapia were great. We were disappointed with the chicken. Very dry. We did mention it to the waitress and they offered us a free glass of wine. Overall, we really liked the food and wine. Since the rest of the food was good, I would just assume the made the chicken in bulk due to DineLa and it had been sitting for some time. Would definitely go back due to the ambiance, wine, and Tapas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wine & service!Dee1Dined on 7/18/2014We had the Dine LA menu. Portions were small but perfect so we didn't get stuffed. Everything we had was delicious. Bacon wrapped dates, papas bravas, yummy skirt steak! Our server was great.. She recommended really good wines along with food choices and was patient and very friendly, we loved her. We will definately be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Spanish Tapas!brentwooddinerVIPDined on 7/12/2014Having just returned from Spain, I was surprised to find this very authentic and excellent! What a real gem with reasonable prices and good wine. Very cozy and good music too, great date spot!Special Features:
- Always greatShannaDined on 7/3/2014Would have never know about this place without Open Table - it's awesome. We've been back 4 times since discovering it and. Have brought friends each time who also love it. I hate to highly recommend it because I want to keep it a secret! ;) Soooo good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Variety abounds!HarvVIPDined on 6/21/2014So many great choices on the menu. We loved the happy hour prices on both appetizers and sangrias. Pacing was well panned out so we could sample lots of different items. Our favorite was the ceviche de pescado. We'll definitely return.Special Features:
- Happy Hour :) & Dinner :(HawaiianboundVIPDined on 5/31/2014The Happy Hour at the bar with Demi was amazing. She was great, patient & knew all the wines. We will be back to see her and maybe will just sit with her at bar for dinner because when we sat for dinner it was like 30 minutes before I had to get up and ask for someone. The food was great & overall we loved it and will be back. Service at Dinner was the only big downer.Special Features:
- Wish we found it earlier!!!ShannaDined on 5/27/2014The food is outstanding!!! Couldn't be happier to have found this place. The live music is just an added bonus. Go go go and eat have an awesome and delicious time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food could have been betterGS4DinerVIPDined on 5/10/2014With small plates, it's essential that each bite be amazing. This was not the case, although the food was quite passable. One egg and potato plate was very good. The service was great and our wine, chosen on the advice of our server, was exceptional.Special Features:
- Excellent Food &WineTJB1131VIPDined on 5/4/2014Wine was superb & food tastes were memorable- will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming outdoor diningAlbertoDined on 5/3/2014We met 3 other couples for dinner here and had a wonderful evening. The patio was comfortable and allowed for easy conversation. We loved the food and wine and our server was very attentive.Special Features:
- Wine lovers have a place to beMonaVIPDined on 5/3/2014We're not really oenophiles, but I enjoyed my Argentinian cabernet, and we really loved the sautéed mushrooms (in a white wine garlic sauce). Service was friendly but a little uneven - people who arrived after we did were served first, but after a short wait (5 min.?) the waiter found us. My husband adored the slider, and I loved the steamed mussels. No dish was bad - they were all decent. The bacon wrapped dates stuffed with blue cheese were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NewmiesVIPDined on 5/1/2014Horribly loud all 3 times we went there but food is greatSpecial Features:
- JoeTVIPDined on 4/21/2014First time ordering Tapas and will be back again. We loved the food and wine, we wished we could have stayed longer to listen to the music. The value is very good during the Tapas hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MiraVIPDined on 4/19/2014They re great, its my second time there and not the last one ,that is for sure;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A small gemMelOnWheelsVIPDined on 4/13/2014Great service. Delicious food. Reasonable prices. Sunday love music. Super place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Whats going on to this PlaceYumyumfoodieDined on 4/5/2014I've been here to this restaurant about 6times the salmon salad is always amazing but this place loosing its touch! Their tapas are horrible burn dry no flavor! I had a salmon salad it's always delish but this sat it was extremely dry and burn!! The tapas we had were horrible and two tables that arrived later than we did for their food first before us. Plus our food was gross!!! We had about5 tapas dishes and one entree I'm extremely disappointed plus the waitress we had had to ask us 4x what we had ordered. Horrible horrible service all around!! The ambience was good and live music was excellent but the food /service was a minus--star !!!
- Excellent selection of wine/ tapasJaySVIPDined on 4/2/2014Excellent selection of wine -- lot of variety. Big Variety of tapas Live music Nice experienceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2014I love Vino. I have been there many times and love the ambience the food and the wines. I celebrated my bday last Sunday, March 24 with my girlfriends and this time we stayed in the outside covered patio. The patio is very cozy with sofas and a romantic lighting. The saxophone musician came and play happy birthday to me and Isn't she lovely songs for me!! What a treat! The water, a super cool Japanese guy was awesome!! We had a great time. Vino is an Encino gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real Spanish tapas and wineLeni11Dined on 3/22/2014The small plates here are outstanding and there is a large variety of them, including many that are gluten free for those who can't have gluten, diabetic friendly, waistline friendly and just plain delicious. They will help you pick out a wine by the glass and even give you a taste pour before you commit to a glass (their Sangria is awesome too!). If you don't know which wine you might like, they will make a recommendation based on the food you order (which they will also recommend if you're not sure) and give you a taste pour first. The service is amazing, the staff friendly and getting a reservation is a breeze. Warning though: It is VERY busy on Friday and Saturday nights so plan a little ahead. Overall, just outstanding!Special Features:
- Long WaitwinegalVIPDined on 3/22/2014Made 7:30 reservation. Restaurant was packed when we arrived..and they knew which table they would give us; problem was group there had been sitting since 5:30...and by 8:30 they were still there and we were waiting. First time had to wait that long at the restaurant.. Kudos to the manager/hostess for bringing us cheese to go along with the bread I requested while we were waiting. Server was great; she kept trying, but the restaurant needs a way to deal with customers who 'just won't leave'! (eve after getting check)Special Features:
- Good food, nice ambience.SuzyQDined on 3/22/2014We arrived at 6:30, still in time for happy hour! We ordered a number if items from the happy hour menu, the eggplant with honey was delicious and the mushrooms are great, but you must love garlic! We purchased 2 bottles of wine and were able to receive a $10 discount/bottle. The food was great & so was the wine. We also ordered the filet, the lamb, and the paella. All were good, but the paella lacked flavor. I would recommend this restaurant & plan on returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small but impressivePhoodieVIPDined on 3/8/2014Great little place for a fun dinner out. The live flamenco guitarist added to the great decor of old spanish vineyards. The food was quite good, though the filet that was ordered medium rare came out well done. Even so, the staff handled it very graciously and was willing to make everything right. Caesar salad was superb. Can't wait to go back for their happy hour menu!I would recommend this to a friend.