Vino Wine & Tapas Room
18046 Ventura Blvd
Encino, CA 91316Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Vino Wine & Tapas Room
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://vinowineroom.com/
- Phone: 8183432525
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Happy Hour: 4pm - 7pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering featuring the finest in Tapas and Continental Cuisine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dinning in a beautiful Spanish setting for any luncheon or dinner functions of 25 to 55 guests. From tapas and wine to a full sit down luncheon or dinner, let Vino cater your next unforgettable event. Book the entire restaurant for your Christmas office party that separates you from the rest.
- Private Party Contact: Alla Volk 8183432525
- Entertainment: Wednesday: The guitar duo of 'Pancho' and 'Sancho' bring a playful Spanish flare to today's top hits with an energy to keep the night going.
Thursday: Roger Espinoza brings the traditional Spanish Flamenco sounds to the room with a vivacity and precision that lifts the heart.
Friday: Dominican Latin-Jazz guitarist, Richard Gomez, also brings the sounds of France, Spain and the Middle East on his guitar with improvised hand drumming that gets the Friday night started properly.
Saturday: Yussi keeps the spirit alive with fast paced Spanish flares on his guitar and a wide variety of music ranging from the streets of Barcelona to Zeppelin's Ladder to Heaven.
- Special Events: Private events, Executive Luncheon, group wine tastings
A word from Vino Wine & Tapas Room
Vino Wine and Tapas Room Restaurant, a European-style wine tasting restaurant in the heart of San Fernando Valley, California (Encino, Ventura Blvd), offers a delicious alternative to the same old dining experience and more than 100 wines into the establishment, which diners can pair with myriad cheeses and tapas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Vino Wine & Tapas Room - Best Restaurants in Encino ›
Vino Wine & Tapas Room reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (23)notable wine list (21)fit for foodies (17)romantic (14)vibrant bar scene (11)special occasion (9)late-night find (9)good for groups (7)hot spot (5)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Time for some different winesCarmineDined on 8/30/2014I've been to Vino at least 6 - 7 times and I always have an enjoyable time. The food is consistently good and the service is friendly but I do think it is time to change up the wines every now and then, after all it's a WINE and tapas restaurant. I keep hoping for maybe some local wines or even a selection from the nearby Santa Barbara and Central Coast wineries, but the wines don't seem to ever change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love vinoLoveVinoDined on 8/15/2014I love being able to avoid going to hollywood, & find a really amazing place with great food & wine, & beautiful live guitar that's soothing, not too loud. Great for dates or an evening out with friends.Special Features:
- Great tapasLuvAppetizerDined on 8/8/2014Our first visit. Enjoyed the happy hour tapas and wine selection.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/2/2014We have been there frequently, but the service was severely lacking on this visit.Special Features:
- good foodyumyumchopDined on 7/27/2014We went for dinela and the food was decent. I would definitely go back for their happy hour menu. They have a nice and cheap selection of tapas and wine. We ordered the naranja salad, cold soup, date with bacon, zucchini chips, potatoes with aoli sauce, and white anchovies. The food was alright. But the zucchini chips and bacon wrapped dates were yummy!!! For the big tapas we got pollo and the steak. Bothwere good!! They werejuicy, and tender. The wines were ok. We got syrah and the red blend. Overall the food was good but nothing to write home momabout. Service was a little slow but we weren't in a hurry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Tapas and WineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2014Found on dinela. The Tapas and wine was very good. Try the bacon wrapped dates. We each ordered the Salmon, Skirt Steak, and Chicken. They ran out of Salmon. That would have normally been okay, however, wish we would have been told much sooner. However, they did offer Tilapia. The steak and Tilapia were great. We were disappointed with the chicken. Very dry. We did mention it to the waitress and they offered us a free glass of wine. Overall, we really liked the food and wine. Since the rest of the food was good, I would just assume the made the chicken in bulk due to DineLa and it had been sitting for some time. Would definitely go back due to the ambiance, wine, and Tapas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wine & service!Dee1Dined on 7/18/2014We had the Dine LA menu. Portions were small but perfect so we didn't get stuffed. Everything we had was delicious. Bacon wrapped dates, papas bravas, yummy skirt steak! Our server was great.. She recommended really good wines along with food choices and was patient and very friendly, we loved her. We will definately be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatShannaDined on 7/3/2014Would have never know about this place without Open Table - it's awesome. We've been back 4 times since discovering it and. Have brought friends each time who also love it. I hate to highly recommend it because I want to keep it a secret! ;) Soooo good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Variety abounds!HarvVIPDined on 6/21/2014So many great choices on the menu. We loved the happy hour prices on both appetizers and sangrias. Pacing was well panned out so we could sample lots of different items. Our favorite was the ceviche de pescado. We'll definitely return.Special Features:
- Happy Hour :) & Dinner :(HawaiianboundVIPDined on 5/31/2014The Happy Hour at the bar with Demi was amazing. She was great, patient & knew all the wines. We will be back to see her and maybe will just sit with her at bar for dinner because when we sat for dinner it was like 30 minutes before I had to get up and ask for someone. The food was great & overall we loved it and will be back. Service at Dinner was the only big downer.Special Features:
- Wish we found it earlier!!!ShannaDined on 5/27/2014The food is outstanding!!! Couldn't be happier to have found this place. The live music is just an added bonus. Go go go and eat have an awesome and delicious time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food could have been betterGS4DinerDined on 5/10/2014With small plates, it's essential that each bite be amazing. This was not the case, although the food was quite passable. One egg and potato plate was very good. The service was great and our wine, chosen on the advice of our server, was exceptional.Special Features:
- The following 228 reviews are from the Vino Wine & Tapas Room reviews archive.
- Excellent Food &WineTJB1131VIPDined on 5/4/2014Wine was superb & food tastes were memorable- will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming outdoor diningAlbertoDined on 5/3/2014We met 3 other couples for dinner here and had a wonderful evening. The patio was comfortable and allowed for easy conversation. We loved the food and wine and our server was very attentive.Special Features:
- Wine lovers have a place to beMonaVIPDined on 5/3/2014We're not really oenophiles, but I enjoyed my Argentinian cabernet, and we really loved the sautéed mushrooms (in a white wine garlic sauce). Service was friendly but a little uneven - people who arrived after we did were served first, but after a short wait (5 min.?) the waiter found us. My husband adored the slider, and I loved the steamed mussels. No dish was bad - they were all decent. The bacon wrapped dates stuffed with blue cheese were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NewmiesVIPDined on 5/1/2014Horribly loud all 3 times we went there but food is greatSpecial Features:
- JoeTVIPDined on 4/21/2014First time ordering Tapas and will be back again. We loved the food and wine, we wished we could have stayed longer to listen to the music. The value is very good during the Tapas hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MiraVIPDined on 4/19/2014They re great, its my second time there and not the last one ,that is for sure;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A small gemMelOnWheelsVIPDined on 4/13/2014Great service. Delicious food. Reasonable prices. Sunday love music. Super place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Whats going on to this PlaceYumyumfoodieDined on 4/5/2014I've been here to this restaurant about 6times the salmon salad is always amazing but this place loosing its touch! Their tapas are horrible burn dry no flavor! I had a salmon salad it's always delish but this sat it was extremely dry and burn!! The tapas we had were horrible and two tables that arrived later than we did for their food first before us. Plus our food was gross!!! We had about5 tapas dishes and one entree I'm extremely disappointed plus the waitress we had had to ask us 4x what we had ordered. Horrible horrible service all around!! The ambience was good and live music was excellent but the food /service was a minus--star !!!
- Excellent selection of wine/ tapasJaySVIPDined on 4/2/2014Excellent selection of wine -- lot of variety. Big Variety of tapas Live music Nice experienceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2014I love Vino. I have been there many times and love the ambience the food and the wines. I celebrated my bday last Sunday, March 24 with my girlfriends and this time we stayed in the outside covered patio. The patio is very cozy with sofas and a romantic lighting. The saxophone musician came and play happy birthday to me and Isn't she lovely songs for me!! What a treat! The water, a super cool Japanese guy was awesome!! We had a great time. Vino is an Encino gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real Spanish tapas and wineLeni11Dined on 3/22/2014The small plates here are outstanding and there is a large variety of them, including many that are gluten free for those who can't have gluten, diabetic friendly, waistline friendly and just plain delicious. They will help you pick out a wine by the glass and even give you a taste pour before you commit to a glass (their Sangria is awesome too!). If you don't know which wine you might like, they will make a recommendation based on the food you order (which they will also recommend if you're not sure) and give you a taste pour first. The service is amazing, the staff friendly and getting a reservation is a breeze. Warning though: It is VERY busy on Friday and Saturday nights so plan a little ahead. Overall, just outstanding!Special Features:
- Long WaitwinegalVIPDined on 3/22/2014Made 7:30 reservation. Restaurant was packed when we arrived..and they knew which table they would give us; problem was group there had been sitting since 5:30...and by 8:30 they were still there and we were waiting. First time had to wait that long at the restaurant.. Kudos to the manager/hostess for bringing us cheese to go along with the bread I requested while we were waiting. Server was great; she kept trying, but the restaurant needs a way to deal with customers who 'just won't leave'! (eve after getting check)Special Features:
- Good food, nice ambience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2014We arrived at 6:30, still in time for happy hour! We ordered a number if items from the happy hour menu, the eggplant with honey was delicious and the mushrooms are great, but you must love garlic! We purchased 2 bottles of wine and were able to receive a $10 discount/bottle. The food was great & so was the wine. We also ordered the filet, the lamb, and the paella. All were good, but the paella lacked flavor. I would recommend this restaurant & plan on returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small but impressivePhoodieVIPDined on 3/8/2014Great little place for a fun dinner out. The live flamenco guitarist added to the great decor of old spanish vineyards. The food was quite good, though the filet that was ordered medium rare came out well done. Even so, the staff handled it very graciously and was willing to make everything right. Caesar salad was superb. Can't wait to go back for their happy hour menu!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live2EatlivetoeatDined on 3/5/2014Rib dish was delicious! Chicken Empanadas were great, crust was flaky. Red wine complimented my meal. Next time, I am going for the filet mignon.Special Features:
- Our second visit, lovely again!ErinDined on 3/1/2014Wonderful food, on both our first and second visits. Nice wine menu, responsive caring service. It does get noisy, but we could still easily converse to each other. They have a back room that seems quieter. Wonderful place, will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FFSSPOKERLADY81Dined on 2/18/2014FANTASTIC FOOD SERVICE SUCKED HAD TO STAND AT DOOR FOR OVER FIVE MINUTES WHEN THERE WERE EMPTY TABLES AND HAD MADE RESERVATIONS. FINALLY SAT DOWN. ORDERED WINE AND FOOD AND IT TOOK FOREVER TO GET SERVED. WHEN DINNER WAS FINISHED COULD NOT GET ANYONE TO GET BILL, AND AFTER GETTING BILL COULD NOT GET ANYONE TO ACCEPT PAYMENT. GUITAR PLAYING WAS A BRIGHT SPOT.Special Features:
- bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2014We made reservations for valentines and still had us wait about 45 min. We were seated at 9:15 and did not leave until 11. They kept forgetting to bring our orders. The price does not match the quantity or quality of food. We ordered the popular bacon wrapped dates which were good but the serving was only 3 per couple. The rice in the paella was undercooked was so hard to eat. And the couples desert was supposed to be chocolate covered strawberries which was only one strawberry for two. I was really looking forward to trying tapas but was dissapointed. Not going backSpecial Features:
- Worst Valentines Day EverOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/14/2014Been to this restaurant before, and while it wasn't anything amazing, and the food wasn't wonderful, it was close and edible. Well let me tell you, since being there last the whole place has gone down hill. From the first moment we entered, we had to wait. No one greeted us at the door, and then when finally they did, they sat us at a small table squished between other tables. It was almost a communal dining experience. Probably took about at least 20 to 25+ minutes for anyone to even come over to the table to ask if we had been helped. We weren't even offered water or anything during that whole time sitting there. Food was bad. Service was worse. Not going back. Stay far away. This place is clueless about customer service.
- Keeps You Coming BackOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 2/14/2014This is not the 1st time my wife and I have been to Vino, Wine & Tapas. And each time we visit, we have a memorable experience. This occasion was Valentine's Day and as in the past, the ambience set the proper tone for a romantic and intimate evening. We will continue to patronize this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing wine,tapas,and main courses4strings4ianDined on 2/14/2014Try the Delicias! Bacon wrapped dates with bleu cheese inside. Petite filet mignon is unbelievable. Paella for two must not be missed. Ceviche on happy hour menu is ridiculously delicious. This in an incredible spot with an extensive wine menu and delectable tapas and main courses. Service is not as good as it should be, but the food and ambiance make up for it. Highly recommended by two foodies and wine geeks!!Special Features:
- Nice SurpriseLightkidsVIPDined on 2/14/2014Overall very happy with the quality of the food and the service. It was Valentines night so it was a bit busy and the menu was set.Special Features:
- Badly run mish mashOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 2/14/2014The white wines arrived at the table at outside air temperature -- about 90 degrees. This is supposed to be a wine bar. No way. It's supposed to be a Spanish bar, but there are only 2 Spanish wines on the list. No way. The food is hit and miss. Paella is superb and accurately Spanish. On the other hand the croquettes taste like something from Kentucky Fried or McDonald's -- indistinct, crunchy, and totally lacking signature Spanish spicing. The main dishes are mostly heavy and taste like Midwestern comfort food. The tapas dishes that are hard to ruin -- e.g., olives, mushrooms -- are great. Stick with them.
- Good wine, food and live musicOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/6/2014We walked in to guitar music being played - very nice! The ambiance was romantic - saw a first date at a bar before we were seated. They have an extensive wine list - when asking questions our server offered to bring us tastes of a few, she wanted to make sure we chose a wine that we would enjoy. The tapas were delicious - the croquettes and the empenadas, the short robs were outstanding. The chocolate dessert was amazing. The menu really does offer a variety for all - vegie, meat and seafood. Check to see when they play the music - it adds a nice touch. Also after we got there I realized I had been there before for a birthday party but in the back - there was an outside area with couches and bar tables, great space for a partySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were delighted with ourOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/1/2014We were delighted with our dining experience. We really enjoyed the food, everything we tried was very well prepared and tasted great. The place was very busy but staff was attentive and food came at a nice pace. Open Table was the way to go. Already planning our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- livetoeatlivetoeatDined on 1/31/2014Went in for DineLA. The restaurant had nice live (guitarist) music playing. They have your regular restaurant portion and an outside, under a tent style, seating. My group were seated underneath the tent, and the ambience was noticeably quieter there. To get to the tent we were walked and crossed through a portion of the kitchen (I thought it was pretty cool to see the behind scenes, 1 foot flame during a pan-toss). Our waitress was nice and helped us choose some great tasting wine and champagne. I tried the lamb, mushroom soup, meat balls, fried potato balls, eggplant. ALL were delicious. The bread pudding and chocolate desserts were a great treat. I would go back for the wine and ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Foodie44VIPDined on 1/25/2014The food was absolutely delicious! The wine selection was extensive and thoughtful. Try the flight of wines. We look forward to going back.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemLennyDined on 1/25/2014Such a good place for two or twenty Food good people very friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.