Vino Volo - Tysons Corner
1784 International Dr.
McLean, VA 20007Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Vino Volo - Tysons Corner
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vinovolotysons.com/
- Phone: 7035066785x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
Happy Hour everyday from 4-7pm
Retail open at 10:00am Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kermit Griffin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Our goal is simple: to be your own personal wine country — a welcoming place to find, share and enjoy great wine. Contact us today and we will help you to create a private dining experience to remember.
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 7035066785
- Special Events: Please email email@example.com
A word from Vino Volo - Tysons Corner
Vino Volo aims to revolutionize how people experience wine. We originally began at Dulles International in 2005, now with our first non-airport location in Bethesda Row. Come enjoy wine flights, small bites, in the perfect wine-country atmosphere!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Vino Volo - Tysons Corner - Best Restaurants in McLean ›
Vino Volo - Tysons Corner reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (15)romantic (9)great for lunch (9)fit for foodies (8)great for outdoor dining (8)neighborhood gem (6)special occasion (4)good for groups (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Good wine. Okay food.vafoodieDined on 8/22/2014Self-proclaimed foodie here and the go to of the crew for restaurant recommendations. So what impressed me? The $5 happy hour flights. Well worth a stop after a hard days work. What did not impress me? The selection of wine on the flight menu and the food. With wine, you like to snack but all of the food (minus the truffle popcorn) was bland. A little salt goes a long way and may encourage more vino orders. J/sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of fun!JbrandcwrDined on 8/11/2014We met friends and were directed to the exact table I had requested. Drinks, food and wait staff was great. Will go back.Special Features:
- Concept Great, Execution AverageVAEpicuresVIPDined on 7/29/2014Great concept, poorly executed. Food was okay, wine was average.
- LunchLunchDined on 7/1/2014Went to lunch with a friend, and was impressed by the service, food, and the lunch size glass of wine. The wine was just enough to take the edge off, and go back to work without a second thought. Will definitely return.. with more friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service Great FoodDMVfoodieDined on 6/20/2014I met a few friends here for happy hour after hearing about their wine flights. I was last to the table and immediately greeted by our wonderful waitress, Kai. She explained the wine menu and made a few great suggestions. She was friendly and upbeat, smiling as she arrived to the table. We all ordered flights and were pleased with the selection and price. The atmosphere was very nice. Lit candles on the tables a few wine barrels here and there. There was music playing but hard to hear. We stayed for dinner. The wine was slightly overpriced but good. The food was great! My friend had the pork tacos and I had the grilled shrimp. The chocolate cake and the sorbets were awesome. The food and service were wonderful and we cant wait to go back.Special Features:
- Fresh and friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014We requested to sit outside. We were greeted promptly by Steve w/ water in hand. When we asked him what was good he had great suggestions! I had the summer white sampler and all 3 wines were great! We also ordered salmon starter and penne pasta (like Mac and cheese). We ended up going inside to the bar to cool off and have another wine. My date had a dessert wine that was suggested by the bartender and was really good! We talked to other staff who were also friendly, knowledgeable and happy to chat. I think this is a great place alone or with friends. I'm excited to go back for happy hour and use the loyalty club!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommended for wine lovers!Jlk0605VIPDined on 6/4/2014It was my friend and I's first time dining here tonight. We were immediately greeted and seated upon arrival. Our server was excellent. Their wine selection is quite extensive, and their food (starting from cheese and cured meats selection) was quite impressive. Everything tasted great, and we had a great dining experience tonight. I will highly recommend this place to my family and friends. Keep up the good work.Special Features:
- Small groups pluslove2usdayDined on 6/3/2014Service was friendly, but a bit slow: slow to come by and take our orders (we were only a party of 5); food came out all at one time, but the items ordered to tide us over while other food was readied came out with the main dishes (defeats the purpose). Interesting wine selection trio experience, but nothing for the dessert-type wines - just by the glass, which came after my meal. I'd go again to give the place another shot, and hope I get some better service. The food was tasty which made it an okay visit over all.Special Features:
- The following 38 reviews are from the Vino Volo - Tysons Corner reviews archive.
- Would not returnFoodieDined on 5/30/2014Not a dinner spot. very limited menu. Wine list expensive, but GREATLY overpricedSpecial Features:
- Wine Bars...MissMaryDined on 5/23/2014The irony with wine bars is that I don't drink! However, they tend to have very good food, which is why I like trying these kinds of restaurants. Vino Volo was excellent -- from the Marcona almond appetizer, to my personal pizza, to the affogato, it was all delicious. I'm sure I'll visit this Tysons Galleria location again very soon!Special Features:
- Wine Bar not RestauranttpetchyDined on 5/15/2014Vino Volo is a nice, casual place to meet friends from work, have a conversation while waiting to do or go somewhere else. It is not a restaurant but a wine bar. As such, the menu was limited. It is not the place to go if you are hungry and the meals a bit pricey. The wait staff was friendly, courteous and prompt. I really enjoyed the wine sampling option. They grouped three similar wines and gave you a one-third glass of each to compare and contrast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service dissappointsDinesalotDined on 5/11/2014We felt the server did not listen to our needs and differed to charging us for more expensive items as a result. Definitely not a kid-friendly menu.Special Features:
- Bit priceyLynnVIPDined on 5/6/2014For small bites and tastings it was a little pricey...bar menu/happy hour did not offer deep discounts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vino FablousnessGoodFoodGoodTimesVIPDined on 5/4/2014My friend and I took advantage of the happy hour specials for dinner at the bar. More then enough food and a decent variety. Pass on dessert however. Sadly the chocolate cake was "ehh" and the pear tart was bland. I have been to the one in Bethesda and very happy to have one in Tysons! What a great place to meet up for happy hour, lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Out of EverythingAustinGhoulsbyDined on 4/26/2014They were missing about 6 different items from the menu that we tried to order: goat cheese, ham, desserts, etc. We ended up compromising on every dish we ordered. My date said that this wasn't the first time she'd experienced this issue at Vino Volo.
- Great Wine List, Fun FlightsTmcDDined on 4/19/2014The food was delicious. Loved all of the wine flight options. Our only issue was the service, it was very awkward and lackluster. We couldn't tell if the host was also our server. He didn't really explain or suggest anything. A lot of the employees were staring at us or on their cell phones. Our server/host? rarely checked on us, he just stood at the host stand and stared at us. Several other employees brought our food and wine out and were much friendlier. We asked to split the check, which he said okay, but then didn't split it or even come back to the table for payment. We got fed up and had to get the bartender to cash us out. The food was amazing and i would return just for the wine and delicious eats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been great.OBXerDined on 3/15/2014My husband and I loved the atmosphere, the wait staff was friendly and prompt. Our turkey sandwich was served on a wooden cutting board, which was really neat. The only problem was that at the end of the meal when the waiter came over to take our plates and finally check on us, I told him the sandwich was good but would have been great with something spread on the bread to make it not so dry. He realized the aioli had been left off the plate and/or the sandwich by mistake. I know things like that can happen, but if someone had checked on us a little sooner, the mistake could have been corrected. Truly, I would go back and try it again. I think it is surely worth a second chance.Special Features:
- Great Wine BarvgandyVIPDined on 3/9/2014I really like this place - it's a great little winebar. Great wine and decent food. Awesome decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible meal!VAdinerVIPDined on 3/8/2014Maybe we should have just had some wine and a cheese plate because our pizza and pasta were awful! We had to send the pizza back because the sauce tasted like a combination of ketchup and BBQ sauce...inedible!! The gnocchi with mushrooms was dry and horrible too! We were charged $1.50 for about 5 small, thin pieces of Crostini that we munched on while we waited for our meal. I won't be back!!
- Good Concept; Okay ExecutionisbfDined on 3/8/2014My husband and I went with another couple for dinner. While the concept of the wine flights was fun, the food was mediocre at best. Certainly overpriced for what you got. I would go back, but only for drinks and perhaps an appetizer….certainly not a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpriced. poor food.flowerDined on 3/1/2014Not really a restaurant. It is heavily oriented toward wine. Food options are not well executed and look like they have been shipped from elsewhere and just assembled on premises. Do not buy bottled wine here. It is more expensive then in other vino volo restaurants. They have a fifteen dollar corking fee on their own bottles.Special Features:
- Fun placeMcLeanResidentsVIPDined on 3/1/2014Excellent ambience and eager-to-please attitude, with wine sampling motif that works well. Food is not nearly as strong - good small plates, but disappointing large plates (at least the two we tried).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour Anyone?KateDined on 2/25/2014This is not a "restaurant " per se, but a place for friends to gather for wine tastings and happy hours. They do have a small menu, but the food was not good and it was very slow in coming. The truffle pasta was dry and tasteless and they did not have arugula for the two entree salads ordered. We only found out they were out of this ingredient after a 1/2 hour wait and after being told it was the pasta that was holding things up. Do not plan on a full-fledged meal. Be prepared to eat snacks like caramel almonds, black olives and crostini to accompany your wine samples.Special Features:
- Great choice for lunch in TysonsanonymousDined on 2/18/2014Though the menu was a bit limited and the food was okay, the neat ambiance, cool wine selections and tasting offerings, and convenient location all made for a great experience. Plus, the restaurant part is pretty smal and super quiet which makes for easy conversations and a very relaxed environment. Will definately go back. Fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good wine, Ok food, Ok ServiceEricDined on 2/15/2014Great place to enjoy a glass of wine with friends. Food was just OK and service wasnt too good. It took about 30-40 minutes before we got our food, but had plenty of wine to drink while we waited. Great happy hour flights.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, great for wineRBSCVIPDined on 2/14/2014Vino Volo is a good choice to mix up dinner options. If you're in the mood for a great glass of wine and exceptional service this is the place to go. If you want a big meal with a serious atmosphere this is not it. The charcuterie and small plates were great, the attempts at the larger "entrees" were not as well executed. Pricey, but a good change of pace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the visitTeemaDined on 2/12/2014We had a great time celebrating my girlfriend's birthday. We are both vegetarian and the menu held plenty of amazing choices to suit our palettes. There was an excellent wine selection and we chose one that matched the meal perfectly. The staff even sang Happy Birthday with me. I would recommend the experience to anyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vino voloMonicaVIPDined on 2/11/2014I have been to Vino Volo many times since it opened. It is a nice, casual place to meet friends from work, have conversation and enjoy or share some delicious food. The lemonade is also very good. I also like the white bean soup and kale chips.Special Features:
- DisorganizedrivermomDined on 2/7/2014This place could be so much better, but there was absolutely no cohesion among the wait staff. We had at least 5 different waiters stop at our table to ask us the same questions. We couldn't tell who was in charge. We had to endure the very loud sorting of silverware by a staffer at the table across from us. When we wanted to order our meal, since there was no one waiter keeping track of us, it took a while to get someone to take our order. Same for when we needed our check. If the waitstaff was more professional and organized, the overall experience at Vino Volo might be worth a second visit.
- No Wining at Vino VolovinogrooveVIPDined on 1/29/2014If you love wine, the sheer diversity of options at Vino Volo will knock you out. The variety of wine and champagne flights were terrific and the descriptions of your selections seem spot on. The small plates are delicious and we were especially pleased with the pork tacos and lamb meatballs. The roast chicken salad was terrific although the chicken was too dry for my taste. If you really want to live, try the warm, flour less torte for dessert. It brings meaning to the phrase, "to die for"Special Features:
- ok but nothing to write home aboutShuladyDined on 1/25/2014Go for the wine and truffle popcorn. Everything else is just so so. Service is not very good.
- Wine by the Glass!TSRestonVIPDined on 1/20/2014I have been to a couple Vino Volos in the airports and knew this one was opening. I have been there once before as a "pre-dinner" stop and enjoyed it. Good small plates type options and tons of great wines, many by the glass. Service has always been good and this was no exception. Had a couple of flights and the Lamb Meatball sandwich (good but could use more sauce!) and the brussels sprouts. They were cooked to perfection. Not bitter with a bit of a glaze and still crisp. This is a great place for wine or a quick bite to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food terrible serviceMaumphVIPDined on 1/10/2014We waited at out table for 20 min and nobody came to talk to us until finally we asked if anybody was going to take our order. The rest of the time the wait staff had attitudes and would whisper to each other. The food was delicious but the service seriously lacking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was fine. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/3/2014Everything was fine. Service was friendly, but a bit disjointed. The food was delicious and priced appropriately for portion size. The wine list left a bit to to be desired by the glass, but the bottle list was lovely.Special Features:
- Unique FindOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/15/2013Vino Volo offers a unique experience as diners can choose to order a glass of wine or a flight (3 selections) for the cost of a glass. Loved our experience here and our server Greg. He told us about the various wine flights and gave us recommendations and stories about the wine and how the flights were chosen. The menu is simple, thoughtful and delicious, pairing extremely well with the wine. We had a cheese and cured meats platter to start and then Pork Tacos with the Christmas flight and Truffled Penne with the California flight. We'll definitely be back for more deliciousness.Special Features:
- overly "French" portionsfromageetvinDined on 12/14/2013Great restaurant but the portions for the cheese and meat plate were very small. $23 for a cheese and meat plate that had 3 very small portions of cheese and 6 or so small pieces of bread. It wasn't an appropriate level of cheese and meat for the price, especially considering the cheeses weren't even imported.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is a little pricey forLivingFood35Dined on 12/7/2013Food is a little pricey for what you get portion and size wise. I recommend this place mainly for the wine bar along with small finger foods. Not really a great place to have dinner or a full meal as the sole focus is wine and food pairings.
- Great new wine bar in Tysons!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/24/2013The food was pretty good but I would have liked to see more options on the small plates list. The wine selections were vast but a bit on the pricey side. I would say, stick to the flights since it looks like you get more bang for the buck.Special Features:
- Wine BarABHollandVIPDined on 11/7/2013Just want we wanted. Great wine, food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Service, but a Good RecoveryOHTravellerVIPDined on 11/2/2013Our server was really bad: Mumbled when he talked to us; ignored empty plates; failed to follow up for more wine! Since I wasn't getting the server's attention, I went out to the retail store and selected a bottle with the help of the manager. When we couldn't get our server's attention away from clearing an empty table, I snagged the manager, tipped him for the bottle of wine we selected and told him of our server's problems. He seemed to understand. He gave us a 20% off card. We'll give Vino Volo another try.Special Features: