Austin, TX 78751Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://vinovinoaustin.com/
- Phone: 5124659282x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 12:00am
The Dinner Menu is available from:
5:30pm - 10:00pm Sunday - Thursday
5:30pm - 11:00pm Friday & Saturday
We offer a Late Night Menu at 9:00pm - Closing 7 days a week.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jesse Marco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Vino Vino
Vino Vino is Austin’s premier wine bar and restaurant, offering wine lovers a wide range of “real wines,” from the über natural to the timeless classics. We also offer a full bar with a list of classic cocktails and a stunning dinner and late night menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Vino Vino - Best Restaurants in Central Austin ›
Vino Vino reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (56)neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (45)romantic (31)good for groups (29)special occasion (22)late-night find (18)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (10)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OutwithFriendsDined on 10/11/2014VinoVino is a nice place to meet friends for dinner and drinks. Great wine selection, and knowledgeable staff. Atmosphere is warm and inviting, but it can get loud with a full house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a great experienceNottaFoodieDined on 10/11/2014We keep going back here for great food, great wine, great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- austinguyDined on 10/11/2014I liked the atmosphere of this place. It is spacious, comfortable, upscale without being pretentious. It is a good place to get together with friends for a relaxed evening. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The menu has many interesting small plates items that are prepared with special touches. They have a wide variety of wines, and a small but good selection local brews on tap. The atmosphere is friendly and the service is great; very attentive and pleasant!Special Features:
- Awesome!DameLaughalotDined on 10/11/2014My galfriends & I - decided to come to Vino, Vino for a change of pace and wanted to try a new place. Food was great, delicious and service was excellent-I would recommend Vino, Vino's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot...FalconDined on 10/4/2014Excellent food...even better service. I bit loud, perhaps some tweaking to the ceiling could help a bit. Service was VERY good, attentive but not overbearing. Good recommendations on food and wine, for a couple of out-of-town newbies.Special Features:
- Saturday ScoreRobertDined on 9/27/2014We popped in on a lst second reservation via open table on a busy Saturday night. Service, cocktails and food were all great!Special Features:
- Wonderful but LOUD!DineoutDined on 9/23/2014Outstanding food and service at a wine bar-what a rare combination. Would be perfect with the addition of sound deadening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kateDined on 9/19/2014way too loud - food is good but cannot have a conversation so will not be backSpecial Features:
- Another fabulous outingannacDined on 9/15/2014Vino Vino is one of my neighborhood "go to" places and never fails to deliver. The menu changes with the season so you always have a few regular items and and few new dishes to try. The house standard mussels & fries were yummy as usual. The current flatbread is fabulous - smoky pancetta pairs perfectly with kale and roasted garlic. We split a flatiron steak with porcini butter that melted in your mouth. And although it's a wine bar, the cocktail menu always provides tasty options including my current favorite, The Jackson Derby (bourbon, honey, lime, grapefruit, tempranillo). If you are a party of 2, sit at the bar. The tables are great for 4 or more but the bar is where it's at for small conversation.Special Features:
- Nice Ambiance, little noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014The server, chefs, ambiance, food, cocktails, wine were EXCELLENT. My wife and I will definitely come back. We will absolutely recommend this Vino Vino to friends. The only critique I have, is when the restaurant was getting full. The noise level went up dramatically. For many people this translates to energy, so it's not different than most restaurants. For me, I was hoping for a quieter place. No big deal though. Now I know and will have the correct mindset when I come back.Special Features:
- Affordable ChoiceDartmouthIlliniVIPDined on 9/5/2014Vino Vino's wine list had tons of very affordable options, and the food was decent. This would be a great date night option, but skip the tagliatelle- the noodles were mushy abs over-cooked.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we went to Vino Vinoup4eatingoutDined on 9/5/2014The 4 of us had a terrific evening at Vino Vino, the food and wine were wonderful, the energy was great without too much noise, we were able to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CindyDined on 8/31/2014Best mussels and fries in Austin. Great priced happy hour. The feel of a cozy New York spot in Austin. Love, love, love Sunday paella night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightTeamMEDined on 8/29/2014Chose to go to Vino Vino with my girlfriend for a date night. The food was amazing, from the appetizers (we got the fries with mussels) and entree's of Vegetable Curry and Flatiron steak, both of which were perfectly prepared and tasted incredible. The flavors were so pronounced with each dish. They very reasonably priced and the portions were excellent. Both of us are competitive athlete's, who can eat. The attention we received from our server was very personable and friendly. It was a little noisy, but it was Friday night and it is a wine bar, so it can be loud. I would go back here in a second. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going NationalParis369Dined on 8/28/2014I have been to Vino, Vino before and was impressed However this time, I took time out to really get into the inner spirit of your business dwelling and felt a oneness and a connection. For I am building a National organization. Not only did your place pass the test , but Vino Vino set a new standard as a" neighborhood gem" where one can " let down their hair", " get comfortable " " have good conversation, and or kick it up a notch and be " Seductive" " The quality, customer service, along with the choice of delightful meals , to go with the vast selection of wine, was excellent. Thank You, so Much !!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliversNotACheapDateDined on 8/24/2014Vino Vino is the best in Hyde Park and one of my favorite spots in the city. Their food is always fresh and appropriate for the season. Their service is impeccable, and their wine selection is among the best in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food a plenty wine is shortlive2eatanddrinkDined on 8/23/2014THe restaurant is in I think an old drug store with beautiful wood floor and open joist design, perfect for the use. The food list and presentation is very well done with everything ordered which we had 8 items excellent, except the olives. THe wine is mostly italian and french and obscure with not a lot of different types of grapes outside french. Most wines are $20 to $40 and there were no Amarones and only 1 barrolla and 2 barabarescos OVerall Great meal and good wine with the Best service and server had a lot of wine knowledge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with suspect serviceBlancoDined on 8/23/2014I went thinking that this place ja a good wine selection at reasonable prices and Vino Vino does not disappoint. What was odd was the service. Server could not remember our order and then had no pen. Our appetizers came late and my lamb was badly warm at the table. Then to top it off one of our deserts never came. That pen is important.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Anniversary DinnerSoCoFoodieDined on 8/17/2014My partner & I are huge foodies & love a good craft cocktail. My friend recommended Vino Vino and specifically told me to ask if Mike was bar tending and order the old fashioned or the manhattan. From her description, I expected the food the be great (which it was) and judging from the specialty cocktails list, I expected my old fashioned to impress (which it more than did). What I didn't expect was a congratulatory message on our menus about our anniversary (which I believe a person by the name of Kelly (sp?) was kind enough to do for us) and the complementary Rosè. Also, the bar tender delivered our drinks personally, giving us the chance to compliment him on them, which I thought was a nice personal touch. Thank you!Special Features:
- GoodHerophilosDined on 8/14/20141) The wine is great here, especially the Pinot Noir and Shira/Gnache mix. 2) The service is great and the staff is very friendly. knowledgeable, and professional. 3) Food was good, but choices are very limited. 4) It was very, very, very, very loud. There were three in my party and we struggled to have conversations all night. I would go back for the wine and some starters, probably with one other person so we could sit at the bar and have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mes466Dined on 8/13/2014Whenever I travel to Austin, I always try to find time to eat here. They have great food and drinks. Their goat cheese cheesecake is AMAZING. Love it!Special Features:
- Good experienceRennieDined on 8/1/2014My boyfriend and I went there on a Saturday evening. The place had many people and was quite noisy. The fact that it is an open space is not beneficial. I had the Wagyu flat iron steak. The steak, along with the haricots vert and the chimichurri was very good. But the fingerling potatoes were extremely disappointing. They came in a bowl, the ones at the bottom were swimming in oil and the ones at the top seemed to have been reheated because they were extremely dry and hard. Needless to say that their presentation was very poor. My partner had the Branzini. It was good, but some parts were very salty and others had no salt at all. Overpriced drinks. This was our first time at Vino Vino. Not sure whether we would go back. Probably not.Special Features:
- AustinDined on 7/23/2014The food was really good and so was the service. Good neighborhood find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must TryMichaelDined on 7/22/2014Enjoyed every minute of our dinner at Vino Vino. The service was excellent and the food was wonderful. Plenty of wines to choose from. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- PaellaReddDined on 7/20/2014We had both the meat and seafood paellas. Fresh, wonderfully seasoned, one of the best meals I have ever enjoyed. Wine was excellent. Staff attentive, professional, and friendly. My highest recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vino VinogoodfoodDined on 7/20/2014We visited Vino Vino twice in 2 weeks because the food was so good and the paella, which is only served at 7pm on Sunday nights was amazing! We had the wagu beef twice also because it was so good. Service was top notch, we were greeted both times by lovely hosts and the bar tender (very tall cute brown hair) who was working that night instantly got us iced water without us even asking (it was 100 degrees outside). The waiter was very gracious and always checked on us at appropriate times. Would go back, food is very good, wines and cocktails are good.Special Features:
- Lovely as alwayskendallDined on 7/18/2014We love everything about this place...everything!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buce place to eatChusterDined on 7/18/2014Food was very good liked the place and setup for wine selection. They have the wine along the walls of restaurant. Informal very niceI would recommend this to a friend.
- mehATXaggieVIPDined on 7/16/2014Would have expected a larger and more diverse wine list from a place called Vino Vino, but I was unimpressed. We did find a couple of glasses we enjoyed, so that's a plus. We had the charcuterie plate with some unique, in house takes on duck and lamb, but it was a pricey plate at $15. 1 cheese plates were $8-9, also pricey. Had a nice steak, service was good, but I feel no need to return.
- Love the "feel"BereDined on 7/14/2014Perfect bar ambience and lovely service. The wine selections are extensive and the staff is very knowledgeable. Vino Vino is very comfortable and a good choice for a relaxed glass of wine.Special Features:
- goodfoodDined on 7/13/2014We arrived at 7 pm just in time for the paella which was delicious! Our waitress was excellent and gave us time to decide and helped us order. Very sweet and friendly. We felt very welcome. We had an order of the paella and the wagu beef which was out of this world! The wines are also very good. Nice neighborhood spot, not for people looking for a bargain, as the prices are definitely spot on for the quality of the food, which was very very good. The owner was there, so we met him, personally serving the paella when it came out. Loved it!Special Features:
- JudyBjubuDined on 7/13/2014As usual, we had a wonderful time at Vino, Vino! Great wine and love paella night! Too bad our paella was cold by the time we were served, but maybe it was just because a couple in our group were slow in deciding what they wanted to eat!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful.ThestyletrackDined on 7/12/2014My experience at Vino Vino was delightful as always. A good friend of mine and I decided to go to Vino Vino, because it is a true neighborhood gem. We normally sit at the bar, but chose to sit at a table this evening. The food was great as always, wine was on point, great experience overall. I would suggest sitting at the bar unless you have a group of 4 or more.Special Features:
- HH/DinnerKristieDined on 6/27/2014We enjoyed happy hour and dinner at Vino Vino last Friday (6/27/14). The atmosphere was GREAT with a laid-back vibe and old-world charm. Each wine we had was delicious. Even the beer drinker at the table found interesting and tasty options. The food was really good too. The server allowed us to make two plates vegetarian, which was really nice. Without the modifications the menu would have been limited for non-meat eaters. We're fans... and will be back.
- The following 28 reviews are from the Vino Vino reviews archive.
- NonaDined on 6/20/2014They have really good food and friendly people. I'm especially lucky to be able to walk there, but it's worth the trip even if you have to drive. They've got really good happy hour specials with both food and alcohol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableNitaVIPDined on 6/12/2014The restaurant has a nice vibe and is very attractive with the wine bottles serve as decor. The fact that it has a full bar makes it attractive to more than just vino lovers. All four of us enjoyed our food and drinks. The service was friendly and prompt. Our only complaint is the noise level, very loud. We could talk but had to speak very loudly. Some sound absorbing materials on the ceilings, under the tabletops and more should be considered. All in all we would go back but wish it was not so loud!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale food and wineVfromAustinDined on 6/2/2014We celebrated our daughters' birthdays at Vino Vino. The food was interesting, the wine and drink list was extensive. And not the run-of-the-mill selections. Service was outstanding. Love it - but a warning, it is a bit noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio is niceMickeydbDined on 5/17/2014Can get a bit noisy inside. Service, food and wine are top notch !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindCathyVIPDined on 5/17/2014As a retirement gift, a friend gave us a gift certificate to Vino Vino. What a great find! We had a bottle of a Williamette Valley Pinot Noir--Elk Grove, and three small dishes--duck confit, beet salad and a couple #2 Wagu Sliders. Fantastic preparation and taste. Just loved the whole evening. We arrived early--at 6--and watched the place more or less fill up by 7 with lots of interesting folks. Reservations recommended at least on weekends. The VERY long bar is a reclamation from the old Bitter End--and it must seat 25 ore more folks. So lots of people just ate and had their wine at the bar. Service was outstanding. HIghly recommend,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great cheeseBrittneyDined on 5/12/2014Vino vino is a great spot in the neighborhood if you're looking for an upbeat energy level and yummy small plates. The barrata cheese plate was delicious and their wine selection is extensive and unique. Kinda noisy so not the most romantic location. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.