Austin, TX 78751Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://vinovinoaustin.com/
- Phone: 5124659282x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 12:00am
The Dinner Menu is available from:
5:30pm - 10:00pm Sunday - Thursday
5:30pm - 11:00pm Friday & Saturday
We offer a Late Night Menu at 9:00pm - Closing 7 days a week.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jesse Marco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Vino Vino
Vino Vino is Austin’s premier wine bar and restaurant, offering wine lovers a wide range of “real wines,” from the über natural to the timeless classics. We also offer a full bar with a list of classic cocktails and a stunning dinner and late night menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Vino Vino - Best Restaurants in Central Austin ›
Vino Vino reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (50)neighborhood gem (43)fit for foodies (42)romantic (30)good for groups (26)special occasion (24)vibrant bar scene (17)late-night find (16)hot spot (11)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Another fabulous outingannacDined on 9/15/2014Vino Vino is one of my neighborhood "go to" places and never fails to deliver. The menu changes with the season so you always have a few regular items and and few new dishes to try. The house standard mussels & fries were yummy as usual. The current flatbread is fabulous - smoky pancetta pairs perfectly with kale and roasted garlic. We split a flatiron steak with porcini butter that melted in your mouth. And although it's a wine bar, the cocktail menu always provides tasty options including my current favorite, The Jackson Derby (bourbon, honey, lime, grapefruit, tempranillo). If you are a party of 2, sit at the bar. The tables are great for 4 or more but the bar is where it's at for small conversation.Special Features:
- Nice Ambiance, little noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014The server, chefs, ambiance, food, cocktails, wine were EXCELLENT. My wife and I will definitely come back. We will absolutely recommend this Vino Vino to friends. The only critique I have, is when the restaurant was getting full. The noise level went up dramatically. For many people this translates to energy, so it's not different than most restaurants. For me, I was hoping for a quieter place. No big deal though. Now I know and will have the correct mindset when I come back.Special Features:
- Affordable ChoiceDartmouthIlliniVIPDined on 9/5/2014Vino Vino's wine list had tons of very affordable options, and the food was decent. This would be a great date night option, but skip the tagliatelle- the noodles were mushy abs over-cooked.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we went to Vino Vinoup4eatingoutDined on 9/5/2014The 4 of us had a terrific evening at Vino Vino, the food and wine were wonderful, the energy was great without too much noise, we were able to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CindyDined on 8/31/2014Best mussels and fries in Austin. Great priced happy hour. The feel of a cozy New York spot in Austin. Love, love, love Sunday paella night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightTeamMEDined on 8/29/2014Chose to go to Vino Vino with my girlfriend for a date night. The food was amazing, from the appetizers (we got the fries with mussels) and entree's of Vegetable Curry and Flatiron steak, both of which were perfectly prepared and tasted incredible. The flavors were so pronounced with each dish. They very reasonably priced and the portions were excellent. Both of us are competitive athlete's, who can eat. The attention we received from our server was very personable and friendly. It was a little noisy, but it was Friday night and it is a wine bar, so it can be loud. I would go back here in a second. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going NationalParis369Dined on 8/28/2014I have been to Vino, Vino before and was impressed However this time, I took time out to really get into the inner spirit of your business dwelling and felt a oneness and a connection. For I am building a National organization. Not only did your place pass the test , but Vino Vino set a new standard as a" neighborhood gem" where one can " let down their hair", " get comfortable " " have good conversation, and or kick it up a notch and be " Seductive" " The quality, customer service, along with the choice of delightful meals , to go with the vast selection of wine, was excellent. Thank You, so Much !!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food a plenty wine is shortlive2eatanddrinkDined on 8/23/2014THe restaurant is in I think an old drug store with beautiful wood floor and open joist design, perfect for the use. The food list and presentation is very well done with everything ordered which we had 8 items excellent, except the olives. THe wine is mostly italian and french and obscure with not a lot of different types of grapes outside french. Most wines are $20 to $40 and there were no Amarones and only 1 barrolla and 2 barabarescos OVerall Great meal and good wine with the Best service and server had a lot of wine knowledge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with suspect serviceBlancoDined on 8/23/2014I went thinking that this place ja a good wine selection at reasonable prices and Vino Vino does not disappoint. What was odd was the service. Server could not remember our order and then had no pen. Our appetizers came late and my lamb was badly warm at the table. Then to top it off one of our deserts never came. That pen is important.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Anniversary DinnerSoCoFoodieDined on 8/17/2014My partner & I are huge foodies & love a good craft cocktail. My friend recommended Vino Vino and specifically told me to ask if Mike was bar tending and order the old fashioned or the manhattan. From her description, I expected the food the be great (which it was) and judging from the specialty cocktails list, I expected my old fashioned to impress (which it more than did). What I didn't expect was a congratulatory message on our menus about our anniversary (which I believe a person by the name of Kelly (sp?) was kind enough to do for us) and the complementary Rosè. Also, the bar tender delivered our drinks personally, giving us the chance to compliment him on them, which I thought was a nice personal touch. Thank you!Special Features:
- GoodHerophilosDined on 8/14/20141) The wine is great here, especially the Pinot Noir and Shira/Gnache mix. 2) The service is great and the staff is very friendly. knowledgeable, and professional. 3) Food was good, but choices are very limited. 4) It was very, very, very, very loud. There were three in my party and we struggled to have conversations all night. I would go back for the wine and some starters, probably with one other person so we could sit at the bar and have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mes466Dined on 8/13/2014Whenever I travel to Austin, I always try to find time to eat here. They have great food and drinks. Their goat cheese cheesecake is AMAZING. Love it!Special Features:
- Good experienceRennieDined on 8/1/2014My boyfriend and I went there on a Saturday evening. The place had many people and was quite noisy. The fact that it is an open space is not beneficial. I had the Wagyu flat iron steak. The steak, along with the haricots vert and the chimichurri was very good. But the fingerling potatoes were extremely disappointing. They came in a bowl, the ones at the bottom were swimming in oil and the ones at the top seemed to have been reheated because they were extremely dry and hard. Needless to say that their presentation was very poor. My partner had the Branzini. It was good, but some parts were very salty and others had no salt at all. Overpriced drinks. This was our first time at Vino Vino. Not sure whether we would go back. Probably not.Special Features:
- AustinDined on 7/23/2014The food was really good and so was the service. Good neighborhood find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must TryMichaelDined on 7/22/2014Enjoyed every minute of our dinner at Vino Vino. The service was excellent and the food was wonderful. Plenty of wines to choose from. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- PaellaReddDined on 7/20/2014We had both the meat and seafood paellas. Fresh, wonderfully seasoned, one of the best meals I have ever enjoyed. Wine was excellent. Staff attentive, professional, and friendly. My highest recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vino VinogoodfoodDined on 7/20/2014We visited Vino Vino twice in 2 weeks because the food was so good and the paella, which is only served at 7pm on Sunday nights was amazing! We had the wagu beef twice also because it was so good. Service was top notch, we were greeted both times by lovely hosts and the bar tender (very tall cute brown hair) who was working that night instantly got us iced water without us even asking (it was 100 degrees outside). The waiter was very gracious and always checked on us at appropriate times. Would go back, food is very good, wines and cocktails are good.Special Features:
- Lovely as alwayskendallDined on 7/18/2014We love everything about this place...everything!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buce place to eatChusterDined on 7/18/2014Food was very good liked the place and setup for wine selection. They have the wine along the walls of restaurant. Informal very niceI would recommend this to a friend.
- mehATXaggieVIPDined on 7/16/2014Would have expected a larger and more diverse wine list from a place called Vino Vino, but I was unimpressed. We did find a couple of glasses we enjoyed, so that's a plus. We had the charcuterie plate with some unique, in house takes on duck and lamb, but it was a pricey plate at $15. 1 cheese plates were $8-9, also pricey. Had a nice steak, service was good, but I feel no need to return.
- Love the "feel"BereDined on 7/14/2014Perfect bar ambience and lovely service. The wine selections are extensive and the staff is very knowledgeable. Vino Vino is very comfortable and a good choice for a relaxed glass of wine.Special Features:
- goodfoodDined on 7/13/2014We arrived at 7 pm just in time for the paella which was delicious! Our waitress was excellent and gave us time to decide and helped us order. Very sweet and friendly. We felt very welcome. We had an order of the paella and the wagu beef which was out of this world! The wines are also very good. Nice neighborhood spot, not for people looking for a bargain, as the prices are definitely spot on for the quality of the food, which was very very good. The owner was there, so we met him, personally serving the paella when it came out. Loved it!Special Features:
- JudyBjubuDined on 7/13/2014As usual, we had a wonderful time at Vino, Vino! Great wine and love paella night! Too bad our paella was cold by the time we were served, but maybe it was just because a couple in our group were slow in deciding what they wanted to eat!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful.ThestyletrackDined on 7/12/2014My experience at Vino Vino was delightful as always. A good friend of mine and I decided to go to Vino Vino, because it is a true neighborhood gem. We normally sit at the bar, but chose to sit at a table this evening. The food was great as always, wine was on point, great experience overall. I would suggest sitting at the bar unless you have a group of 4 or more.Special Features:
- HH/DinnerKristieDined on 6/27/2014We enjoyed happy hour and dinner at Vino Vino last Friday (6/27/14). The atmosphere was GREAT with a laid-back vibe and old-world charm. Each wine we had was delicious. Even the beer drinker at the table found interesting and tasty options. The food was really good too. The server allowed us to make two plates vegetarian, which was really nice. Without the modifications the menu would have been limited for non-meat eaters. We're fans... and will be back.
- NonaDined on 6/20/2014They have really good food and friendly people. I'm especially lucky to be able to walk there, but it's worth the trip even if you have to drive. They've got really good happy hour specials with both food and alcohol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableNitaVIPDined on 6/12/2014The restaurant has a nice vibe and is very attractive with the wine bottles serve as decor. The fact that it has a full bar makes it attractive to more than just vino lovers. All four of us enjoyed our food and drinks. The service was friendly and prompt. Our only complaint is the noise level, very loud. We could talk but had to speak very loudly. Some sound absorbing materials on the ceilings, under the tabletops and more should be considered. All in all we would go back but wish it was not so loud!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale food and wineVfromAustinDined on 6/2/2014We celebrated our daughters' birthdays at Vino Vino. The food was interesting, the wine and drink list was extensive. And not the run-of-the-mill selections. Service was outstanding. Love it - but a warning, it is a bit noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 25 reviews are from the Vino Vino reviews archive.
- Patio is niceMickeydbDined on 5/17/2014Can get a bit noisy inside. Service, food and wine are top notch !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindCathyDined on 5/17/2014As a retirement gift, a friend gave us a gift certificate to Vino Vino. What a great find! We had a bottle of a Williamette Valley Pinot Noir--Elk Grove, and three small dishes--duck confit, beet salad and a couple #2 Wagu Sliders. Fantastic preparation and taste. Just loved the whole evening. We arrived early--at 6--and watched the place more or less fill up by 7 with lots of interesting folks. Reservations recommended at least on weekends. The VERY long bar is a reclamation from the old Bitter End--and it must seat 25 ore more folks. So lots of people just ate and had their wine at the bar. Service was outstanding. HIghly recommend,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great cheeseBrittneyDined on 5/12/2014Vino vino is a great spot in the neighborhood if you're looking for an upbeat energy level and yummy small plates. The barrata cheese plate was delicious and their wine selection is extensive and unique. Kinda noisy so not the most romantic location. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vino Vino No So GreatAustinFGDined on 5/3/2014Sadly, we were not impressed by Vino Vino. We were excited to try this local neighborhood restaurant but found the food to be mediocre and expensive and the staff to be rude. We took our son who is well behaved and used to going to nicer restaurants. A few of the staff members made snide comments about a young child eating dinner at their restaurant and it was apparent that we were not a priority guest that evening. There are many nice restaurants to choose from in Austin these days. Vino Vino will not be one of them for us anymore.
- Great Food, Friendly PeopleNonaDined on 4/18/2014I love the food and the wine. All the staff are very friendly and very helpful. They know their jobs and enjoy helping people. I admit one of the things I love best about Vino Vino is that I can walk!Special Features:
- Good food, a little darkSassyWineBellyVIPDined on 4/12/2014The food was good. The menu hasn't changed in years. The restaurant is too dark in general.Special Features:
- Fun night out!HollyDined on 4/12/2014Terrific wine list and helpful staff to assist in choices. THe food is amazing- wagu beef choices, cheese, mussels and the rabbit are my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First DateRawrDined on 4/11/2014I took a date there and to make me look good I called in advance for reservations. Service was excellent and knowledge of wine is impressive along with their wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood spotrichardaustinDined on 4/9/2014I eat here a couple of times a month. Great for a light meal and good wine. It's a little noisy for quiet conversation and a bit dark but the food is consistently good (not spectacular) and nice variety. It is reasonably close to my house and easy to park so I don't need to deal with traffic and parking downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual setting: great food and wineda4diningVIPDined on 3/27/2014We had a great dinner for four at this upscale wine bar. Amazing variety of wine available by glass and by bottle. Food to match. Would definitely return when next in Austin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was already good, getting better!GPGdesignVIPDined on 3/22/2014The menu has been revamped and every single entree at our table of 7 exceeded expectations. The wine selection is of course extensive but they also have a full bar making craft cocktails and those were fantastic as well. Keep up the good work, we live in the neighborhood and are so glad that a place we already loved is growing and even getting better each time we visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and inviting with great foodLooking4yumDined on 3/21/2014First timer.... Tables are well spaced. Love shopping for wine at the wine wall. Nice idea. Very friendly staff kept our water glasses filled. Room was a bit on the loud side was only ding for ambience. Scallops recommended. Dessert was a little skimpy for the price ( half a poached pear for $8) I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.