Vino Vino - San Jose
87 North San Pedro #105
San Jose, CA 95110Neighborhood:
Wine BarPrice: $30 and under
Vino Vino - San Jose
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vinovinosj.com/
- Phone: 4087032333
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:30am-5:00pm
Dinner: Su-T 5:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: W 5:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: Th-Sa 5:00pm-1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Boris Calderon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Vino Vino can cater offsite parties of any size. Our full food menu as well as amazing wine list are available and we will work with you on any specific needs you may have. Contact our catering department at email@example.com for details.
- Private Party Contact: Victor Klee 4082743900
A word from Vino Vino - San Jose
We know there are a lot of people out there just like us....fans of wine, but hate the BS that comes with it. We couldn"t find anything that catered to us, so we went out and started our own bar. We emphasize great music, great food and, of course, great wine. We have 13 wines on tap and another 3-dozen in the bottle, featuring local wineries.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vino Vino - San Jose reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (9)notable wine list (9)fit for foodies (8)neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (6)good for groups (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)romantic (2)special occasion (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- All good!LBob22Dined on 8/22/2014great service, good food, good wine, good prices, I will be back. We had a group of 15, and sep. checks not a problem. They went the extra mile to make sure we had a great time. I will go back here next time in downtown San Jose!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustic place for a drinkOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Vino Vino is great for a glass or two of wine or beer and some snacks. Inside decor is barrels, granite and wood so very cellar like. I tried a flight of red wines and must confess, I didn't love any of the wines! They were ok but I had higher expectations. I wouldn't come here expecting a big meal either. Sandwiches, cheese and meat plates. And olives and edamame. Our server was delightful though. She insisted dessert was awesome but we really were in the mood for more food so we opted to get the check and head on for a bigger plate of food. Would go back for a drink.Special Features:
- Interesting ConceptdsnyderVIPDined on 7/19/2014The staff was very friendly, and the panini and crostini we shared were excellent. What left us scratching our heads was the wine selection and service. The concept is "wine without attitude", which is great. But we felt that the experience was compromised by red wines delivered in very small, thick sided goblet style glasses. filled nearly to the top. This left no space for the aroma to develop; wine is experienced as much through the nose as it is through the swallow. Large, thin bordeaux style glasses and somewhat lower service temperatures would have enhanced the experience greatly. Wine selection was unusual also...virtually nothing from Napa or other great California wine regions. Instead, Cupertino, Gilroy, and Livermore??
- The following 13 reviews are from the Vino Vino - San Jose reviews archive.
- Paninis and wine flightsbozhemoiDined on 4/20/2014Loved the ability to try all sorts of different wines with the wine flights. I was a little disappointed that the beer appeared to be bottled, but it is a wine bar. The fig and brie panini was amazing! The server was attentive and friendly. Great place to watch a Sharks game!I would recommend this to a friend.
- MimiDined on 4/16/2014Friendly service, great cheese plates, perfect for catching up with a friend in their outdoor patio on a sunny day. Would stick with their cheese & meat plates over their salads and paninis. Service is excellent and they don't rush you, which is a plus. A little dark inside, so chose to sit outside in the shade. I would see it getting hot in direct sun though. Perhaps restaurant can put in a canopy so customers who don't get a shady spot have some sort of protection from the blaring sun?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual dining, high end tasteSomeone2CountOnVIPDined on 4/12/2014This no frills casual restaurant serves food for fit for gourmet tongues! Luckily my friend was willing to share our meals. My friend and I each split the Brie Fig Prosciutto panini and the Grilled Truffle Cheese panini. Each panini was served with a mixed green salad with the tastiest yet light salad dressing. The panini a were both superlative in their own right. The Brie Fig Prosciutto served up the salty sweet taste that was balanced perfectly. The savory and rich tasting Grilled Truffle cheese was packed with mushrooms making this one of the best grilled cheese sandwiches. Your grilled cheese sandwich has grown up with you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Outdoor patioJeremyVIPDined on 3/14/2014This was my first time at Vino Vino. Great Meat and Cheese board selections, and the server was very helpful in picking out the specific selections. Sitting outside is a great option here. The only issues are that it is small inside, so it can get packed quickly considering it's attachment to San Padro Square. Also, there is only 1 very small restroom option for each sex, which was closed while we were there so I had to traverse across San Padro Square looking for alternatives. Use Open Table to reserve your spot, as since it is small on the weekends tables are mostly marked reserved for reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice twist on wine barnicknameVIPDined on 3/9/2014Restaurant is an eclectic mix of food, wine, service, ambiance. It wins on the first two: nice to see the "wine on tap" idea move from SFO to SJC; delicious bar food that matches well with the wines. it doesn't win on the last two. While our waiter was terrific, warm, affable, the kitchen service was too eclectic. If we're sharing a full glass of wine or a sandwich, should not half the pour or half the sandwich arrive in two glasses or on two plates? The tables and chairs are hard and cold and do not invite lingering over lots of wine, yet the menu seems written to promote that. We enjoy the tagline "Wine without attitude" but that shouldn't mean abandoning expected service. We'll try again, but hope for improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outMav0016Dined on 3/1/2014We were introduced to Vino Vino by friends, and it was a perfect place for a glass of wine and a quick dinner...lots of great cheese options, and the wine on tap is fantastic. Yup, fantastic wine on tap- never thought I'd say that.Special Features:
- Great for a birthday celebration!RuthieDined on 2/16/2014My 33 year old son picked this venue out because of the food menu but I knew the wine list was solid. Everyone had a great time--especially since my son asked that all the pannini's get served in smaller portion slices. They did it for us and everyone had great eats with their beer and wine :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Wine ListSteveGDined on 2/15/2014Extensive wine list. The menu was a bit limited, but all the food was delicious. We had the Seared Tuna Salad and an Italian Panini. Wait staff was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful light dinnerZubieDined on 1/20/2014My wife and I had a wonderful, romantic dinner at Vino Vino. The wine list was impressive and the food is served in small portions but is rich and flavorful. Great for a quick meal before a Sharks game.Special Features:
- loved, hate it nowlisten2lilredVIPDined on 1/19/2014The service by the manager was awful. I had a reservation and they wouldn't honor it as they had too many walk ins. It was a night with a concert at SAP so all places were booked which is why I booked in advanced. I was so disappointed to learn they wouldn't honor my reservation. Very unprofessional. Love the food but haven't been back since as it truly lacks customer service.Special Features:
- Vino vinoEnnigourmetDined on 1/4/2014A really fun place to trial different wines. Can taste up to 4 different kinds 2ounces each. Can be romantic but tables are on top of each other. Request corner table if you want a little privacySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wines on tap!!??airbiscuitDined on 11/16/2013Vino Vino has some of their wines on tap...which I thought was odd. But it was fun. The food was very good. My wife had an ahi tuna salad paired with a sauvignon blank. I had the Italian meat/cheese Panini paired with a DeRose dry farmed Zin...both were great. It was noisy and crowded, but it was Saturday night, so I did not expect quiet. Service was excellent. If you plan to go on a Friday or Saturday night, make a reservation. Seating is limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VinoVino - Yummy YummyWineTimesDined on 10/15/2013Their menu is full of delightful, light treats. We had a cheese & meat plate and a couple of the crostinis. For dinner three of us had salads, all were terrific: walnut/blue cheese, chicken, and ahi. A friend had a panini which also came with a small salad. The food was fresh and delicious. The appetizer portions were light , and the salads were hearty. The restaurant wasn't prepared for the busy night and it was great that our sever wasn't phased and provided cheerful services to us while also serving the whole place. We are going back tonight! The restaurant is small, there is bar and outside seating. All chair are bar style (no backs), so if you are looking to lounge and relax, this isn't the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.