507 S. Exeter St.
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vinorosina.com/
- Phone: 4105288600
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday brunch 12-5
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Jesse Sandlin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Private Party Facilities: Our modern post-industrial space, with a youthful yet refined feel, is perfect for parties ranging from 6 to 160. The Edison Room alone is a beautiful space for parties of 18 or less, with a more private feel. We have a gorgeous square bar perfect for cocktail parties of all sizes.
- Private Party Contact: Elizabeth Williams 8886546905
A word from Vino Rosina
Vino Rosina offers Modern American small and large plates -- featuring locally-sourced product & a diverse cheese program to tantalize your palate.Continued
An international selection of over 150 bottled wines, 50 wines by the glass, Baltimore's award winning house-infused specialty cocktails, and a well-travelled beer list.
An international selection of over 150 bottled wines, 50 wines by the glass, Baltimore's award winning house-infused specialty cocktails, and a well-travelled beer list.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vino Rosina reviews from OpenTable diners
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/25/2013We made our reservation (6 adults and 2 kids) about 5 minutes before we walked in the door. The staff quickly prepared a table for us and we were seated within minutes. The service was outstanding, the food delectable and the drinks were unique and tasty. The folks at Vino really went out of their way to welcome us and make us feel comfortable. It was evident people do not usually walk into Vino with a 3yr old and an infant but the staff was superb and everyone enjoyed dinner immensely. Jim, the owner, introduced himself to us at the end of our meal. This is a top-notch dining establishment and I will make it a point to eat at Vino next time I am in Baltimore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem !!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/29/2013Went on a Monday night date with my boyfriend. The food was delicious, we had the chicken thigh (their take on chicken Cabonara) and the Rockfish. As an appetizer, we had the Scallops served on a bed of grits. All-in-all the food was substantial and like food for the soul. My only complaint was that the wine prices were a little steep. On Mondays the wine is half off, we still ended up paying over $50 for a bottle. It was worth it. I understand on Tuesdays they have a 3-course meal for $20, may try that next time. Their red hot sundae w/ homemade bourbon ice cream, hot fudge and red velvet cake crumbles was awesome!!! I bet the weekends are great here...nice staff, good food and a relaxed environment.Special Features:
- Small plates big tasteJerarvVIPDined on 4/26/2013My friend and I arrived after a play at Centerstage. We love visiting restaurants that offer small plates and were looking forward to enjoying a meal at Vino Rosina. Upon our arrival at around 10:15pm, I noticed that there weren't many customers. I needn't have worried thereafter for the food and service turned out to exceed my expectations. Our waitress was very attentive and accommodating considering we had arrived minutes before the kitchen closed, a problem the waitress apologized for since the restaurant did offer reservations for 10:15pm. I would definitely recommend Vino Rosina for its delicious dishes and expansive cocktail and wine selection.Special Features:
- We were the only diners onStagedoorDined on 4/24/2013We were the only diners on a wednesday night. Bar was busy ,but dining area empty,so very quiet. Server was very attentive and helpful. We shared a couple of appetizers. Both the chicken livers and pastrami salmon were excellent, but if you like livers well done , make sure to request as our's were served quite rare. A flatbread with ham and artichoke was outstanding, crisp and very flavorful. A board of cheese , sausage slices and mushroom pate was the weakest part of our meal . The pickled vegetables that came with it were really tasty, but the mushroom pate had little taste and a texture that suggested a handful of mushrooms dumped in a food processor. We did not have room for dessert. By the way, wine list is good and reasonable.Special Features:
- Their $20 3 course TuesdayquesaxaVIPDined on 4/16/2013Their $20 3 course Tuesday night dinner special is a GREAT valueSpecial Features:
- After an initial review ofSchnauzerVIPDined on 4/13/2013After an initial review of the menu, I was not particularly happy. The menu is relatively small and had very little that actually appealed to me. After making some tough choices, though, we were incredibly impressed with the taste and quality of the dishes. Picky diners will find this place challenging, but you cannot argue with the great tastes. Loved the chick pea "fries" and the "chicken under a brick." Desserts were marvelous. Wait staff seemed rather ecclectic, but they were very attentive and friendly. We will likely return, though might just sit at the bar for a cocktail and appetiezer.Special Features:
- Great service, unusual menu.RickDined on 3/30/2013Service was outstanding, she explained all of the menu items and how they were prepared very well. Attentive without being overly so. The menu is unusual and our dinning companions were more traditional in tastes than this restaurant, my wife and I are fine with that, our companions had a hard time finding something on the menu that they wanted, and did not really enjoy what they picked finally. I suggest that the olive appetizer should have more than two types of olives, and that the cheese plate is a little skimpy. The wine list is fantastic, and prices are very reasonable.Special Features:
- Viva Vino RosinaBaltoJeffDined on 3/23/2013The menu is limited, but the kitchen puts the focus on flavor, not volume. From the wine to the cheeses, soup to flatbread, the food tasted wonderful. And the dessert, warm blondie with ice cream, may have topped it all. The service was friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. Great place for a special night out.Special Features:
- Too xpensive for what we gotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2013Too xpensive for what we got and when we asked waitress to recommend a glass of wine she gave me the most expensive one on list. Food was nothing specialSpecial Features:
- Very disappointingPurrfurOrganicVIPDined on 3/9/2013After reading lovely reviews, our experience was sub-par. Most menu items just weren't executed well. This was Saturday night when restaurant to be at its finest. my house-special cocktail with jalapeño to give it a kickbarrived filled with floating peppers: Undrinkable. Our waitress said she knew the bartender had made it wrong. An interesting small plate of citrus olives tasted were tasteless. One of the evening's specials never arrived. The clincher came when the waitresses advised someone in the group she couldn't make just one cup of coffee since it was a French press for three, so we all switched our dessert beverage (cappacino, tea). What restaurant would tell a customer that?Special Features:
- very good wine, but priceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013very good wine, but price a little high Good service : possibility to try wines ! Good cheesesSpecial Features:
- Brunch was delicious, fillingjedsterVIPDined on 2/17/2013Brunch was delicious, filling and a little different. one of the top five breakfasts in Baltimore. Nice ambiance, attentive and knowledgeable staff. worth a regular monthly visit.Special Features:
- The food was delicious butOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/16/2013The food was delicious but it took forever. Small plates came out over a 90 minute period, eentrees did not come out at the same time. Entrees did not arrive until 2 hours 30 minutes. After we sat down.
- Can't wait to be back!DpentoneyDined on 2/14/2013First time eating here and very impressed. Our waitress was very at tentative without being exccesive And the food was superior. Overall a very grand dining experience.Special Features:
- Food was great! Had the RestaurantlibraryladyDined on 2/9/2013Food was great! Had the Restaurant Week menu--Arugula Salad, Short Ribs, and Pots du creme. All were fabulous. Didn't like/understand the two alcohol fees/taxes, or the $6 bottle of sparkling water.Special Features:
- Food was great, nice varietyFrequentdiner1VIPDined on 2/1/2013Food was great, nice variety in selections, delicious vegetarian choice. Very large selection of wines by the glass. Can choose 3 or 6 oz glass. Great for groups that can't agree on a bottle or only want one glass. We had 4 different wines all were very good We all would go back again.Special Features:
- Expensive but worth itajglVIPDined on 1/30/2013This wine bar is a little pricey but worth it. The wine selection was very good and they are very helpful in pairing wine and food. We went for restaurant week and the food was delicious. We're hoping to try soon with their regular menu.Special Features:
- DeliciousIanCVIPDined on 1/30/2013Went for restaurant week. Our waitress was very nice and attentive. The braised rib was incredible, best I've ever had. Butternut squash and apple soup was also really good. Would recommend trying the cheese platter. Excellent experience overall.Special Features:
- Should have advised that theyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/26/2013Should have advised that they were only serving a limited Restaurant Week menu.
- Excellent service, great winebaltdinerDined on 1/26/2013Excellent service, great wine selection, very good food.Special Features:
- Best meal we've had there.ddesalezVIPDined on 1/18/2013Everything was superb. They might need one extra server when the place is that busy (it was completely full when we arrived) but the service was still very good and everything that came out of the kitchen was absolutely delicious and nicely portioned.Special Features:
- Great place to start or endOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/5/2013Great place to start or end an evening....it's not just about the wine...though it can be. Food was great too. Everyone is so friendly and hip!Special Features:
- Vino Rosina was a very niceOneslimchickDined on 1/5/2013Vino Rosina was a very nice surprise. The food was excellent. We had the arugula/pear salad and the radish salad with excellent dressings. We ate the mushroom soup (du jour) and the duck confit- also very good. The service was excellent and the bar area hopping. We will return!Special Features:
- A more limited menu for someUpperWestSiderVIPDined on 12/29/2012A more limited menu for some reason but yummy as always.Special Features:
- When we arrived, we lookedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012When we arrived, we looked at the menu and thought it was limited, especially since one person in our party must be dairy-free. Our waitress helped with choices and let us know that the chef was willing to adjust many of the dishes by serving the dairy portion on the side. We tried and shared a great variety of the offerings and were never disappointed. Everything was absolutely delicious! We also thought that the restaurant was a very comfortable place to socialize. We plan to return and will recommend Vino Rosina wholeheartedly.Special Features:
- Pay attention to the menu-thereTruFeebackVIPDined on 12/26/2012Pay attention to the menu-there is a lot going on between flatbreads, roasted veg apps and some interesting meat dishes. Don't forget the burger with an egg on it.Special Features:
- Good food, but we had a rudeAnnieVIPDined on 12/20/2012Good food, but we had a rude waitress. Food was tasty. Great for social groups who want small plates and drinks - not dinner.
- This place is fantastic!TomMDined on 12/1/2012This place is fantastic! The food was excellent, the service was great and the winelist is sure to please anybody.Special Features:
- Hit and miss entrees. Great serviceBonvivantbelairVIPDined on 11/10/2012Nice place located In Harbor East. Very rustic decor. Very good service. My short ribs were overlooked and not very tender or flavorful. Very good wine list. The caramel apple bread pudding was outstanding.Special Features:
- The food quality is startingOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/8/2012The food quality is starting to decline. The meat dishes tend to be on the dry side (overcooked).Special Features:
- Service was very poor (& restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/3/2012Service was very poor (& restaurant was fairly busy but not packed). We had to get someone to point out delays. When some of the food finally came we still did not even have our drinks yet - and I am talked 20 minutes after we ordered. At the very end of nght we found that we were even served an incorrect, but similar, item. Would not go back!
- I have eaten here severalOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/27/2012I have eaten here several times and usually have enjoyed it. However, I came in with a group of five and it was not very busy on Saturday but the service was very slow and unattentive. I did not get a spoon for my soup and someone from the group had to grab one from the waitress stand where two of the wait staff were talking. Our waitress never asked us how our meals tasted or if we needed anything until we finished eating. The drinks and food both took an unusually long time to come out. Even with five people it should not have taken over 2 hours to have a meal. Overall I was pretty disappointed.Special Features:
- very nice and good food. yousharappleVIPDined on 10/27/2012very nice and good food. you should carry a pinot grigio by the glass. thanks.Special Features:
- I took my friend here forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2012I took my friend here for her birthday. We both wanted to go somewhere we had never been before and away from the typical chain restaurants. We dined there on a Monday evening, the restaurant had a nice casual and sleek ambiance (if that makes sense). Our server was wonderful and very helpful when it came to choosing wine, main entre, dessert. The food was delicious but I was a little peeved that they ran out of 2 of the main dishes on a limited menu. The highlight of the evening was the 3 different ice creams sent us compliments of the chef. The ice cream flavored with wine was really good as well as the chocolate with cayenne pepper. The prices were decent as well. A party of 4 we spent about $150 on flatbread, drinks, entrees, dessert.Special Features:
- Very hip and modern inside.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012Very hip and modern inside. Some very nice private areas for larger parties. Tons if great wine! :)Special Features:
- Food was very good overall.SteveVIPDined on 9/29/2012Food was very good overall. Menu choices a bit limited but sometimes that's a good thing. Extremely well designed small space. Great wine list with reasonable prices (we had a Cimicky Shiraz that was great). It seems that the food is intentionally simply prepared in order to highlight, rather than overwhelm, the wine/food pairings. I like that approach. I'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- Gone down hilllOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/14/2012A chef change in February of 2012 brought down the food and drink quality.
- Worst Restaruant Week ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012This was my only really disappointing Restaruant Week experience. I have never written a poor review before, but I am compelled to do so now. The salad was insanely small - it was an arugula salad with a whopping 9 pieces of arugula. We actually counted because it was so silly looking. The fish I ordered was such a small portion (two 3"x1.5" pieces) and the mushrooms accompanying it were water logged and had no flavor. We had 3 different staff come to ask us how the meal was, so it was obvious they knew there were problems. When we said it was "okay" the manager said "that's not what we want to hear!!" Our waitress seemed agitated and rushed the whole meal on top of this. I was embarrassed to have suggested it to my friend for din
- We tried this place out forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012We tried this place out for Restaurant Week and it was great. The options they gave were perfect with the wine selection and the portions were perfect! the ambiance of the restaurant was nice and the service was very attentive. We did have a late dinner on a Friday night so it wasn't as packed as it might be around 7pm. Overall the experience at Vino Rosina was good!Special Features:
- We went during restaurantluv2wineanddineVIPDined on 8/3/2012We went during restaurant week and we were very disappointed by the selections they chose on the limited menu. The portions were small and the chicken osso bucco was very bland and non-descript. The best part of the meal was the salty pretzel ice cream and molten chocolate cake.Special Features: