1106 Grace Park Dr
Morrisville, NC 27560Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vinonc.com/
- Phone: 9193808206
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm -
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Juan Romero
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Music on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday! Along with Great deals on Wine and Cocktails Daily!!
A word from Vino Ristorante
"A meal without wine is a day without sunshine."~Anthelme Brillat-Savarin and famous Italian Proverb. Welcome to Vino Ristorante, where great food and good wine meet together in hopes of bringing a little sunshine into your day. Our dedication and passion is to bring you a memorable dining experience. With a multinational staff that pulls from both "New" and "Old" world styles, we hope that you find your favorite Italian comfort foods, as well as exceptional presentations of traditional classics from Northern Italy"s Piemonte region. We hope that our sincere and genuine hospitality will warm your heart and make you return again and again, as surely as the sun will rise tomorrow. Andiamo insieme! (Let's go together!)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vino Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
- Delicious!Christina55Dined on 12/31/2012We went to Vino for New Year's Eve dinner. There was a fixed menu. Both my husband & I had the Red Snapper--it was delicious! The included glass of champagne was very nice. The Creme Brule was perfect. We have been to this restaurant before, and this was the best food yet. Our server, Alex, was attentive without hovering and did not use any of the waitstaff phrases that I find annoying (i.e. "I'll be taking care of you tonight" and "Are you still working on that?") On the way out, I noticed how nice the outdoor seating area is--we will definitely come back in the spring to try out the patio.Special Features:
- Not a great for lunchraleighjohnDined on 12/14/2012I took my team for holiday luncheon. We walked in at 12 noon on a Friday and were the only people in the place which is never a good sign. The antipasta and entrees were good but portions very small. Desserts were not good at all.
- Romantic dining Italian styleKellyDined on 12/8/2012Very nice spot in a corner building space with a large outdoor patio. Romantic atmosphere inside, low lighting, soft music, classy decor, generous table spacing, quiet enough for pleasant conversations. The food is authentic and very good inclusive of 4 to 5 homemade pastas each day. My wife and I each had a homemade pasta dinner, and we both loved our own ( and each others ) respective meals. On Monday evenings they have a dinner for 2 special with a bottle of wine for $ 39. Regular prices are modest and therefore encourage a sense of adventure to try several courses. The service was friendly, crisp, and in good harmony with the overall ambience. Bravo !Special Features:
- Vino's was a last-minute choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2012Vino's was a last-minute choice for Thanksgiving dinner since we decided we could not cook due to family obligations. We really didn't know what to expect since they are a great Italian restaurant. It was a wonderful meal, the perfect blend of tradition and unique flavors. I particularly loved the greenbean, mushroom, bacon dish. Yum! The turkey, the strip steak, the potatoes, the salad--all were really amazing. We go there regularly because we enjoy the food and atmosphere, but the chef needs to take a special bow for this meal!Special Features:
- Outstanding fresh made pasta.Dennisk51VIPDined on 11/16/2012Outstanding fresh made pasta. Perfect entree sizes for the price. Antipasta plate was simple meats, multiple cheeses, but excellent and well sized for two. Calimari were fresh and superbly fried. FRESHLY MADE PASTA DAILY. We had three varieties. They were all great. The fruiti di mari had a wonderful wood fired oven flavor. We did not have their pizza, but it looked really great at the other tables. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- We were pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2012We were pleasantly surprised at how delicious the food was as well as the bread! We would defintely go again!Special Features:
- My fiance and I dine at VinoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/4/2012My fiance and I dine at Vino several times per year and always enjoy it. The food and service are consistently good. This particular evening was a Sunday dinner outing, and we were very surprised at how few patrons were there. (We usually visit Vino on Saturday evenings, and it can be lively and sometimes a bit louder than we like.) The lack of activity resulted in a very nice, quiet dinner, and our waiter paid very close attention to keeping our drinks refreshed, etc. - very enjoyable.
- Really delicious food! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/3/2012Really delicious food! The gnocchi was amazing and so was the meat lasagna. We also had the calamari which was yummy as well. We will definitely be back for a second meal!Special Features:
- Having heard good things aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/24/2012Having heard good things about this restaurant, especially that they made their pasta in house, I felt it was worth a try. Maybe our expectations were too high? The service staff was very friendly and attentive. I wish that the food matched their level. The polenta cakes were good but ruined by the burnt taste of the crimini mushrooms that they were served with. The prosciutto and melon could have been presented better in a way that provided the guests with the right proportion of melon to prosciutto. The lasagna I received was stone cold inside and was rewarmed quickly by the staff. Unfortunately, there was a heavy gas taste from their oven from this. The ravioli was a saving grace as it was well prepared, rich and tasty. Average.Special Features:
- Good food in a quaint locationSweetpea32VIPDined on 8/14/2012My fiancé and I went on a Tuesday night for dinner, It was our first time and it was good. The restaurant has a nice Italian decor and the service was good. The food was good because they make their own pasta. The pasta was light and delicious. Its worth another visit for sure.Special Features:
- We were there on a Thur. night4foodDined on 8/9/2012We were there on a Thur. night when they have a select set of wines by the glass at $3. A very good deal! This was our third visit. Our spinach salad w/goat cheese was very good and large enough to be shared. The fettuccine bolognese was excellent using fresh made pasta and the almost purely groun meat sauce. The chicken piccata was very tender and had a very nice lemon sauce. Other dishes that we tried before and are excellent are the gnocchi w/pesto cream, veal ravioli w/marscapone cream and the cold antipasto appetizer. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Excellent food and wine.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012Excellent food and wine. I recommended this to our group and they were not disappointed.Special Features:
- Just was not up to our expectationsRomeosDined on 7/10/2012Just was not up to our expectations when there are so many really good Restaurants around.
- Nice meal.PickeyEaterDined on 6/27/2012My husband and I enjoyed our meals, although we did order based on previous reviews. He got the lasagna and I got the pork cutlet. The bottles of wine are half price on Wednesday nights. And we had a coupon. Overall, a nice meal.
- This was my first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2012This was my first visit to Vino and may be my last. We ate outside... nice and reasonably quiet. The server was very sweet but service was fair. We had to ask for just about everything (e.g. napkins, place settings, refills on soft drinks, additional bread, twice for glasses of water). The table next to us sat down 10 minutes after us were finished with their appetizers and half way through their entrees before we were served appetizers. The food was OK but was nothing at all special with the exception of the pasta fagoli, which was intensely flavored and surprisingly spicy; certainly not what my Mama used to make. The reason I mentioned this MAY be my last visit is that their pizza looked quite good and may return for a try.
- Our second visit to Vino...foodTAC49VIPDined on 6/15/2012Our second visit to Vino...food not as good as first trip. Forget the Chicken Picata special. The spinach/veal ravioli is very good.
- This was our second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/6/2012This was our second visit since they opened and we were much more impressed this time. Everything we had was delicious! We started with the bruschetta. I would love to have that recipe, it was great. I had the cavatelli with ricotta and mozzerella and my husband had the veal scallopini. Yum! And, to top it off they have 1/2 price bottles of wine on Wednesdays. What a deal. We will be back soon. So glad to have a scrumptious Italian restaurant nearby.Special Features:
- Awful food, not worth theOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/13/2012Awful food, not worth the money at all. The only redeeming thing about this place is the staff, they are very pleasant and attentive…..but that wasn't enough to make up for the terrible food.
- Something has changed--it was AWFULDragonfly60VIPDined on 5/10/2012DO NOT get the shrimp scampi! It was awful and for $18 was a scandal! We have been going to this place since it opened and something has changed. It has gone downhill and the wait staff is shockingly inappropriate and loud,and have poor time management skills (forget a table, forget to bring salads, forget about extra glass of wine), then blame the kitchen. I feel sad because this was a place that we really enjoyed going and paying a little bit extra because it was a neighborhood gem-type restaurant.
- First TimersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2012We had a party of 5, and everyone enjoyed the evening. The people working at Vino's are top-notch and very friendly. We shared 3 appetizers (bruschetta, melon & prosciutto ham, and calamari) all wonderful. The main course plates were amazing too! We brought in a bottle of red wine to share, and paid the corking fee (which was reasonable) and just shared a very nice evening meal.Special Features:
- Sadly Disappointed :(TriangleTasteBudVIPDined on 4/21/2012We dined on Sat 4/21/2012 between 8 & 9 pm and were disappointed with the service so much so the waiter repeatedly stated he was sorry as he seemed to be only server on floor and restaurant half full. The food was ok but with lack of service we were really disappointed in the experience for the cost. This is an establishment we would have to think long & hard about returning too
- Compliments to the chef whoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/18/2012Compliments to the chef who outdid him/herself! The food was delicious. Enjoyed the ambiance as well! Lovely spot in morrisville. Keeps me coming back for more!!!Special Features:
- Try it out2StepDined on 4/4/2012Enjoyed a business meeting and a good dinner. They are in the process of changing their wine list, so several bottles I was interested in were not available. I settled on one I'd never heard of and the waitress could not tell about either. It was decent. Food was okay, not as good as I expected. Service was decent but not spectacular. I'd say give this place a try!Special Features:
- A nice little wine bar thatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/27/2012A nice little wine bar that serves average Italian food. A bit uneven on the service, even though it was slow on a Tuesday.
- My first visit to Vino RistoranteOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/6/2012My first visit to Vino Ristorante and it will not be our last. Wonderful food and location.Special Features:
- Diappointed with serviceDragonfly60VIPDined on 2/18/2012Was disappointed that wait staff keep changing and this time we had terrible service! Waiter kept forgetting what we ordered and kept coming back to ask us. Wine was served too late. His jokes were also in poor taste. Kept blaming poor service on others.)Special Features:
- Average Italian restaurant.HisExcellencyDined on 2/18/2012Average Italian restaurant. Portions a bit on small side for the price.Special Features:
- Wednesday nights are halfvikbmartDined on 2/15/2012Wednesday nights are half price select bottles of wine night. Currently they are doing 50% off bottles priced under $40 and 25% off bottles priced over $40. I started with the fried polenta with sauteed mushrooms. The polenta alone was a tad bland and could have used a touch of salt but when eaten together with the mushrooms the seasoning level was very good. My husband had the salad with arugula, fennel, pears, and cheese with a citrus dressing and it was absolutely wonderful. Such a great flavor and texture combination. I had the gnocchi in pesto cream for my entree and they were perfectly prepared and the sauce was decadent without being overwhelmingly rich. Husband had meat lasagna and it was fantastic!Special Features:
- Very pleasant for a week dayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2012Very pleasant for a week day dinner. Not too busy. cozy atmosphere.Special Features:
- This reservation did not work.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012This reservation did not work. We were told that we will have to wait for 40 minutes and that open table did not display the 'open tables' correctly.
- Wonderful Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2012My first visit so far was Valentine's Day. The food and service was fabulous! We will definitely be going again soon!Special Features:
- This was a pretty disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/14/2012This was a pretty disappointing Valentine's Day experience. My wife and I went here because we had a coupon and come to find out that after we arrived, they weren't accepting coupons. Then, come to find out that there was a set menu (which is lazy by the way) that forced us to spend more than we would have regularly. We would have split 1 app and 1 dessert not ordered 2. None of the servers knew where the tables were (every time a dish came out someone would say "where's table ___?" And for an italian place on Valentine's Day to only offer Steak, pork, fish with french fries (they weren't potatoes), and gnocchi with only one pasta dish was disappointing. Also, the tables were way too small for 2 people to sit at. Disappointing.
- Vino not my valentineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Vino what were you thinking? Most tables that we saw on valentines day did not like the 5 choices of entree on your special menu we saw many ask for regular menus. This would have been nice to know before we ordered. The calamari was very good and a very large portion. The caprese app was too small but very good. The steak entree was very good although the roasted potatoes were a little dry and the garnish of spinich was lacking. The steak was under cooked the first time and had to go back my wife's entry was also small and had the same potatoe and small garnish of spinich. The kitchen took a long time even though the restaurant was not at capacity the desert, which had to be ordered at the beginning of the meal was dussapointing.Special Features:
- A Neighborhood KeeperOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2012My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our pre-Valentine dinner at this local restaurant. The food was well prepared (the lasagna was extraordinary) and the service very attentive but not intrusive. We definitely plan on return visits.Special Features:
- Usually great. This time just good.scrappyDined on 2/12/2012Good food at a reasonable price. Service was friendly. But for dessert we ordered the Panna Cotta (with fresh strawberries) and decaf coffee. The dessert tasted like it had been in the frig for a while - plus was told "we are out of strawberries and took our pot for decaf coffee to the other restaurant." Nice meal that fell apart at the end.Special Features:
- It was our first time thereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/10/2012It was our first time there and we loved it. We will definitely return. The lasagna was outstanding!
- the gnocchi was delicious, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/10/2012either the menu needs revising or the kitchen needs to follow the menu. we started with the fennel/pear salad, but what we got was almost entirely arugula (the 3rd thing in the title). the shavings of the fennel bulb were soooo thin and small and the salad loaded with such lemony dressing that you couldn't taste the fennel at all. and despite what everyone in the restaurant believes, pork tenderloin medallions are NOT the same as chunks of a pork chop. the saving grace was that the manager was doing his best to right the wrongs, and the gnocchi with pesto really was incredibly good...but since we live in durham and it was a bit of a drive, it was just not enough for us to give them another try.
- Unfortunately OpenTable onlyMarkDined on 1/28/2012Unfortunately OpenTable only had us down as 6 instead of 7 so that started the evening off on a bad note. The staff attempted to accommodate us but tried to fit 7 people in a booth for 4. Knowing the evening would not be comfortable with these seating arrangements we left. It was not 5 minutes later we got a phone call asking us to come back as they had a table for us. Already frustrated we decided to give them one more chance. That turned out to be a great decision. The gentleman that called greeted us at the door and from there the evening was superb. The food was excellent to say the least and the staff was very attentive. I believe this gentleman was the owner and he knew everything there was about customer service. Recommend!Special Features:
- if you like homemade pasta,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/24/2012if you like homemade pasta, fresh gnocchi, fresh polenta, you will be SO happy. I love gnocchi, it's amazing stuff when it's good. I've tried it in many places across the globe, including Mario Battali's Babbo in NYC and the gnocchi at Vino's was better than anywhere. Personally, next time we go, I'm going to ask for a lighter level of sauce but I'm not a big fan of sauce, the sauce was a homemade alfredo and VERY tasty. In MY opinion, lots of sauce detracts a bit (tiny amount) from the beautiful quality of the food.Special Features:
- Very good dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/21/2012Very good dining experience. Good value. Don't gouge on the cocktail prices.Special Features: