Vino Nadoz Bistro and Wine Bar
#16 The Boulevard St. Louis
St. Louis, MO 63117Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Vino Nadoz Bistro and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vinonadoz.com/
- Phone: 3147260400
- Hours of Operation:
Kitchen Open For Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00am
Bar Open Friday and Saturday till 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Hector
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Vino Nadoz is owned by Steven Becker Fine Dining, one of St. Louis' premier full service catering companies. As the exclusive caterer of The Coronado Ballroom, we have an experienced team of culinary and event planners on staff to ensure a successful event.
- Private Party Facilities: Vino Nadoz is available for Private Events daily. We offer Breakfast, Brunch and Lunches for Bridal & Baby Showers as well as Corporate Meetings. Evening events include Cocktail Parties or Plated Dinners for Holiday Parties, Pharmaceutical or Medical Meetings, or Corporate Events.
- Private Party Contact: Madi Keller 8776813904
A word from Vino Nadoz Bistro and Wine Bar
With its striking architectural ceiling, focal finishes of bamboo and recycled butcher block bar, Vino Nadoz Bistro & Wine Bar offers contemporary American cuisine perfect for sharing and pairing with wine. In addition to the innovative international wine program, Vino Nadoz features local artisan beers on tap and fine spirits & cocktails, making this the ultimate spot for a romantic date night, pre or post theater dinner, or late night revelry. Kitchen open until 10 on Fridays and Saturdays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vino Nadoz Bistro and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- Romantic spotGnailzDined on 11/26/2013I always have a good experience at this little restaurant. The service is great and the atmosphere is lovely. I will meet a friend here for a drink and always end up eating something delicious.Special Features:
- Wine BarJilleDined on 11/23/2013Overall the food was very good. I highly recommend the Oven Dried Grape Crostata! It was amazing. The only disappointment was the apple pie for two. The pie filling was cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleviliManiliDined on 11/2/2013Terrible oily food that is ONLY small plates! A waste of time and money! Plus there is no crowd there- after dinning there I am not so surprised.
- Great Happy Hour DealstrinitiVIPDined on 11/1/2013For happy hour, we had the $5 white wine, $5 cocktail, Thai Wings ($1 ea), Chorizo-Stuffed Mushrooms $5, and the cheese plate. What an awesome deal! Everything tasted good, was high quality, and the service was some of the best we've ever had anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs workDinesoutalotVIPDined on 10/5/2013Steak crepe was dry,meet overcooked, not lots of flavor, someone else in party had kale salad & was disappointed. Nice place but they need to up their game with the food.
- Get the Cheese Plate!trinitiVIPDined on 9/21/2013We had a wine flight, a cheese plate, and a few small plates. The cheese plate was the best! For a great price, you get 3 cheeses with spiced pecans, fruit jam, and grapes with crackers and crostinis (4.5/5). Such a great deal! Of the small plates: Spicy Shrimp - 4 shrimp over polenta cake surrounded by bacon/pork - 3.5/5 Pork Belly Corndogs - 3 corndogs served with a jar of a remoulade-type sauce to dip in - 3/5 Crab Cakes - 2 smaller crab cakes over greens and remoulade, pretty tasty - 3.5/5 Service was awesome 5/5!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2013Everything about dining at this restaurant on a gorgeous Saturday night was right. They open the front of the restaurant facing the outdoor seating and we sat in the doorway, so we were able to experience both the inside of the restaurant and outdoor dining. The server was attentive and very professional. We loved the spinach salad! The burger and fries were perfect. The shrimp crepes weren't what I was expecting but light and tasty. I think this will be our new " go-to" restaurant. It reminds us of many restaurants in Manhattan. So when we are craving a NYC restaurant we will go to Vino Nadoz!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is very good andNicknameVIPDined on 8/8/2013The food is very good and good wine choices. Alex always treats us very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2013Every time my wife and I go back to Vino Nadoz we always ask each other "why don't we come here more often?" Vino Nadoz features a short menu of small plates with consistently high quality food in a relaxed setting. The menu changes fairly frequently and features a lot of seasonal ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Euro style in BrentwoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/20/2013The menu was a bit limited, but this was a fun place to eat. It reminded us of the small restaurants in Italy. We had excellent service, and loved our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun wine bistro!MichelepmDined on 7/19/2013Two friends and I went to Vino Nadoz while attending a conference in St. Louis. We loved it. We ordered a number of the smaller plates, including the succulent and delicious chicken wings, the delectable cheese plate, one of the flatbreads and several other yummy items. The specialty drinks were fun, especially the Ginja Ninja. We also enjoyed a flight of pinot noirs, which were just terrific with the cheeses. Very comfortable room, small place, very cordial service, terrific experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was really greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2013The food was really great and the wine superb! The menu was really interesting and as tasty as interesting. I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall great experience; mosquitosJLAlfermannDined on 7/12/2013Love this place. Very creative cocktails . . . and I'm usually a wine only person. We've gone back a few weeks in a row in order to experience each of the cocktails on the list. Wine list is very selective . . . not a lot of options, but everything on it is quality. Food is FUN!!! Interesting mix of flavors and textures. Creative pairings of main course with their sides. I find I only ate from the menu my first time . . . now I just look at the big blackboard specials for the interesting appetizers and entrees. Only area of opportunity that I see is help for outside dining from the mosquito's. I'm not sure if your allowed to spray but it sure would be helpful. After a nice leisurely dinner I went home all bitten up . . .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's the Little ThingsKevinandKatDined on 7/5/2013Great cheese selection and combinations - great pickled vegetables.. Unique taste and technique - even if not on the menu ask for the pickled veggies..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great list of wine, food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2013Great list of wine, food was just the right amount, could expand the menu a small bit. Friday night we were there as the tornado touched down nearby, didn't seem to phase them they just kept bringing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Yet Surprisingly AffordableOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/23/2013Chef DiMercurio always surprises and delights, for example the pieces of pickled peach adorning the arugala salad and the amazingly cold-smoked cherry tomatoes with the perfect sea scallops atop a mysteriously delicious sauce. Knowledgeable service, too. Wish Vino Nadoz were open on Monday evenings, but that's asking too much.Special Features:
- Great place for a very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013Great place for a very nice casual dinner. Mackensey is just the best! Carl & Gretchen Martinson
- The restaurant was intimate.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2013The restaurant was intimate. The service was personable. The drinks and the food were amazing.Special Features:
- Great food, terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/30/2013Had an 8:00 weekend dinner, first time there. First hint of trouble was no waiter for quite a while (repeated apologies from the hostess). Appetizers were plunked down before we were given any plates, leading us to stare at our cooling food for several minutes. Main dishes arrived but two of us had no forks. We eventually swiped some from an empty table. Coffee plunked down with no regard to who had caf and who had decaf (clearly, none of it was decaf) but no cream, sugar, or spoons. Coffee was cold by the time we rounded up some cream (had to get up to find the waiter for that one). No water refills until 5 min before we were ready to leave. Port arrived well after dessert. Food was terrific, but they gave us no reason to go back. Pity.
- Great Happy Hour!ValeDined on 3/20/2013Great place to meet with a group of friends. It was definitely girl's night out and they even changed the channel from sports to the food network. The food was great and Happy Hour 1/2 price specials on drinks and the bar menu were incredible. We'll surely be back!Special Features:
- It is definitely more of aOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/9/2013It is definitely more of a drinking location than eating. Food was not very good. Chicken was very salty. Burger did not have good flavor. Will not be back.
- DO you ever wonder how someOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2013DO you ever wonder how some people get in their position? Well...Mike the Manager is a recent example of just that question. Rude-rigid-ready to rumble....are the words that would describe his behavior and demeanor when I called him to our table to question a discrepancy on our bill. Up until that moment--overall experience was good. He kissed the words "great experience" out the door based on how he handled himself in our conversation. He TOTALLY missed any training or classes on CUSTOMER SERVICE. He did not listen and was simply ready to do battle. WOW. We won't be back.
- We dined on a February weekjack48Dined on 2/28/2013We dined on a February week night which likely accounted for the small number of other diners and contributed to our quiet plesant experience. The emphasis was simply the food. Two of us chose the ravioli special and our third diner chose the short ribs. We each also selected an appetiser and shared and all were excellent. We shared a bottle of Califorian C&B cabernet in large wine glasses suited to reds, not something all restaurants provide, but this is a wine bar afterall. We will return.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/22/2013We had a wonderful experience at Vino Nadoz. It was our anniversary and we wanted a quiet cozy space and their setting was perfect. My cocktail was fabulous...with whiskey, countreau and a lemon-thyme simple syrup with a sturdy sprig of thyme. Not too sweet, refreshing and warmingly rich at the same time. The brushetta appetizer was spectacular - my favorite food of the night with a variety of mushrooms, carmelized onions and goat cheese. The bartender was very knowledgable and helped me choose a great wine (after some sampling - which was very nice of him) that paired wonderfully with my main dish of scallops. Delicious! I would go back to Vino Nadoz and would highly recommend it. Love the local farm-to-table theSpecial Features:
- Food was excellent and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/16/2013Food was excellent and atmosphere was great. It is a small venue but has great character. Our server also doubled as the bar tender so we lost him multiple times during our meal. We had to flag down the manager at one point to get our drinks and then flag down the hostess at another point to get a dessert menu.
- Great food paired with greatThemisDined on 2/16/2013Great food paired with great wine; what could be better?Special Features:
- The food was perhaps a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013The food was perhaps a little pricey, but was worth every penny! Our waitress was fabulous: very friendly and knowledgeable about wines. I could see this as more of a "special occasion" place to go. It was a little smaller than I expected, so would think reservations would be in order for a weekend visit.Special Features:
- Valentines Day DelightssjagmanVIPDined on 2/14/2013What a wonderful place with very creative food. Had an extremely nice evening. Centrally located, nice atmosphere and just the right amount of attention from the servers. Did the 3 course prix fix with wine flight and it was fabulous!Special Features:
- Loved it.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013As a repeat customer, all my expectations were met when I chose Vino Nadoz for my Valentine's dinner. The creative menu, friendly staff, intimate ambiance and affordable prices make this restaurant a favorite.Special Features:
- A great place to Wine and DinedivermkDined on 2/14/2013Valentine’s Day dinner was fantastic. Great food, terrific wine and the staff was great. They made the evening fun, let us try many of the wines, sampled some food. The owners came by and made sure our meal was perfect. Not sure what I liked better: The IBC root beer reduction short ribs or the seared scallops As for the wines, I don't remember, we tasted too many.Special Features:
- My only issue was that portionsMrJstlouisDined on 2/12/2013My only issue was that portions are small. Menu is limited. What we had was very good I am just not use to a Tappa's dining experience.Special Features:
- Not bad, not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/26/2013Overall, we had a grade B or B minus experience. Nothing really wrong, but not great. The restaurant has blonde furniture and is comparatively brightly lit, so not cozy. The bruschetta is good, but the menu is limited to 6-7 entrees and the same number of salads, so you have to be in the mood for what they have. We should probably give this place another chance.Special Features:
- Really underrated... Really goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/7/2012Read the reviews and decided to bring my wife here. The restsurant itself is very sleek and well designed. We were sat next to the huge chalk board that had all the specials written on it. Cool thing about it was the addition of the farms they source their produce and such from. The wine list is well thought out and you can take bottles home at reduced prices. The food is what brought it home. Not sure what the negative reviews are about because we had an amazing experience!Special Features:
- We thought the pricing wasLarryDined on 12/1/2012We thought the pricing was uneven and inexplicable: 1 cup of pasta w/ 3-4 cherry tomatoes cost $14 whereas a bowl of chicken livers was $6? A pear salad had literally 4 thinly sliced pears and that cost $8. We had two glasses of wine, one pasta, one pork chop, 2 salads and the bill came to $90 w/ tip. Server had a hard time explaining some ingredients to dishes. The STL magazine reviewer was surprised Vino Nadoz was 'not packed to the rafters nightly.' We were not.
- Worth a VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/23/2012Vino Nadoz is a little gem that features a nice (albeit small) menu and an excellent wine selection. Our server was personable, knowledgeable and friendly without being intrusive, and the food was very good (especially the evening's pasta special). The only bummer was the lack of energy. For a Friday night, it was quite slow. On the plus side, that meant we had no wait, got a great table and were well attended to...the overall vibe was just a bit flat.Special Features:
- Wow. My first review everCraigDined on 11/16/2012Wow. My first review ever on opentable. I just feel compelled. People need to know. Hands down my worst dining experience in St. Louis. They try hard. Our waitress was cute and sweet. But she was a total disaster. The menu appeared to have promise, but execution of the dishes were a joke. Sorry, but just bad. It probably will not be around much longer.
- Every time we eat here myOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2012Every time we eat here my wife and ask each other "why don't we come back here more often?". Interesting and well executed food. One of our most favorite restaurants in STL.Special Features:
- Normally one of our favorites,OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/13/2012Normally one of our favorites, we had a disappointing outing. The squash soup had potential, but was served luke warm at best. The meals were uninspiring. The service was inattentive and we had to constant get the attention of our waiter. May have been a new chef or just a bad Saturday night. We've had at least 3 or 4 fantastic experiences prior.Special Features:
- went for the first time; likedimpressedDined on 10/6/2012went for the first time; liked the cozy ambiance; the special appetizer was fried green tomatoes which was big enough to share amongst the four of us. the special cassoulet was very tasty. Service was a bit slow on a Friday evening. I enjoyed the restaurant very much and plan to visit more often given the close proximity to our home.Special Features:
- We thought from the website,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012We thought from the website, that is was going to be a bit fancier. It took awhile to get our drinks and we felt the food portions were a bit small. It wasn't an awful experience-we are a group of girls that get together once a month & try new restaurants-but none of us felt like we would go back. Sorry....Special Features: