210 W 94th St
New York, NY 10025Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
Wine BarPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://vinolevantino.com/
- Phone: 2122803333
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Middle Eastern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Vino Levantino
Vino Levantino is first and foremost a wine bar. Our wines are imported from all over the world, mostly from boutique wineries in France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Turkey, Israel & the Americas. Our menu reflects the diversity of the Ottoman Empire. It is also influenced by the cuisine of Sephardic Jews, many of whom journeyed to Israel through Turkey.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vino Levantino reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (4)good for groups (2)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)fit for foodies (1)neighborhood gem (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- NearNeighborDined on 7/24/2014My first visit to this newcomer to the neighborhood was such a great disappointment that I don't plan to return. Of the red wines my friend and I tasted, none really pleased us. While were happy to have an assortment of light bite options on this late-night visit, the food (falafel, hummus, marinated chickpeas) proved to be mediocre at best. Also, though the place wasn't crowded, it was noisy. Both the music on the radio and the boisterous conversation of the party at the next table were intrusive. Last but not least, the the air inside the restaurant was almost as warm and humid as the air outside. The friendly service was the only saving grace.Special Features:
- IronSheikDined on 7/22/2014I only went for drinks and they had a great selection. Unfortunately there was only one kosher wine, but that's one more than most places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/2/2014Yummy food but very loud. A little pricey. But we allowed to linger, which was nice.
- The following 6 reviews are from the Vino Levantino reviews archive.
- Cozy and dependableURvAVIPDined on 5/24/2014Been here a couple of times now, and every time I was very happy with wine and food. Service is friendly and helpful. My only gripe is that the music can be a tad loud but these days, everyone seems to have a hearing problem. It's a great place to go in the neighborhood, whether for a glass of wine and a chat or a full meal. The wine list is not the usual run of the mill but very well put together with (good) alternatives from Turkey, for example, that are hard to find elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good wine and tsty foodSteveJayDined on 5/10/2014Excellent service. Great wine selection and lots of fine small plates to try. Thumbs up.Special Features:
- Perfect AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/2/2014Vino Levantino is a real find--a warm, small room that just feels good, interesting wines and friendly, attentive service. I can't wait to go back! Middle Eastern small plates were nice--you could probably put together a tapas-like meal from them--but the best feature is the feeling that you've stepped off of somewhat grungy 94th Street into an unexpected haven.Special Features:
- Not impressedljsUWS92VIPDined on 4/25/2014Sat at the bar with a friend on a Friday night. Was dead, so the service should've been good, but eh. I had to ask for a wine list. I had to ask for the food menu. Getting responses from the bartender was like talking to a wooden statue. No banter at all. Asked for bread and got four thin slices that were fanned out in a bowl. Thanks. Also, when we ordered apps, we had no utensils, napkins, plates, so we had to ask for that too. Too much work for me to eat out. Not impressed.
- Nice spotSaxmanVIPDined on 3/29/2014Had a nice meal here on a rainy Saturday night. Very small and intimate. Nice wine list. We trired a Turkish wine and it was actually good. Enjoyed several small plates and lamb chops. This place is also great for vegetarians.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a quaint spot!GretaAMDined on 3/14/2014I highly recommend giving this quaint, neighborhood spot a try. The people are lovely- so friendly and helpful with the wines and food. My friend and I shared 3 small plates to try different tastes and this Mediterranean menu offers great variety and textures. They had several eggplant choices which is one of my favorites and a quinoa falafel we really enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.