Somerville, MA 02145Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vinnysatnight.com/
- Phone: 6176281921x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
Breakfast 6:00am - 11:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Private Room, Takeout
- Catering: Full menu available for catering or see our site for full or 1/2 tray ideas
- Special Events: Available for groups up to 30 people, dine off the menu, family style service or select a custom menu. We'll work with you to make your event perfect.
A word from Vinny's Ristorante
Located in the heart of Somerville, Vinny’s serves the best in Sicilian-style cooking, made only with the finest ingredients. Our Dinner and Lunch entrees are superb, and our new breakfast menu is sure to satisfy. Along with a wide choice of Wines, Vinny’s has a full bar as well as the best desserts this side of the North End. Our premium deli sandwiches are available all day, as well as Meals To Go, subs and catering. Come on down and enjoy your next meal here at Vinny’s.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vinny's Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (12)fit for foodies (9)kid-friendly (8)romantic (5)special occasion (4)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Vinny's never failsLloydVIPDined on 9/26/2014Not everyone likes tripe--but some people love it. Vinny's makes the best Italian tripe around. It's cooked until tender and the red sauce is both rich and makes not just palatable but delicious the inherent tripe flavor. At dinner it comes with pasta, and the angel hair pasta I had, with Vinny's gret marinara sauce, was a perfect compliment to the tripe. My friend had little-necks with linguini with a garlic and oil sauce and loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden neighborhood gemMariaVIPDined on 9/19/2014Do not be deceived the outside trappings .... this place has great food! Our group was thoroughly pleased by the quality of all dining courses. Portion size was better than average. Menu offerings were great!Special Features:
- AbbondanzaLloydVIPDined on 9/16/2014Just had a return visit to my favorite Italian restaurant in the Boston area--Vinny's in East Somerville. This time I had clams with linguini--succulent large littlenecks in the shell in a scrumptious red sauce (my companion had the clams with garlic and oil and couldn't stop raving). They were spectacular. Soul satisfying. I can't praise them enough. I had leftover linguini for lunch the next day and the rich red sauce suffused with the clam juices was still memorable and delicious. And filling. Such generous portions!Special Features:
- Great MealEastCoastGirlVIPDined on 9/14/2014I ordered the lasagna .. enough for 2 people. My husband has the chicken parm and again enough for 2 people. Food was delicious .. great marinara sauce. This is a very casual restaurant set up in the back of a deli. You won't be disappointed in the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014My Boyfriend and I went tried this restaurant after I saw the reviews it got on yelp. Upon my arrival, I thought I was in the wrong place. But, when I went to the back, where the restaurant was... wow! the decor was charming and homey. We sat next to a married couple celebrating 29 years of marriage. We started talking to them, they suggested a few dishes and had a lovely time. The food was delish, the ambiance was excellent and the customers were a joy to talk to. The wait staff were very nice and accommodating. Will def. be back.Special Features:
- Great red sauce, succulent seafoodLloydVIPDined on 9/6/2014I love Vinny's. The friendliest service and the most soul-satisfying food. This time it was the shrimp fra diavolo with linguini. The shrimp was plentiful, fresh, and succulent--perfectly cooked. The sauce was spicy but deep and brought out the flavor of the shrimp without burying it. I was going to take some home and have it for lunch the next day but couldn't stop eating it. Even the warm bread was delicious. My companion had linguini with clams and couldn't stop raving about it. The person at the next table overheard him and ordered the clams as well. She wasn't disappointed.Special Features:
- Good Neighborhood Restaurantrjr19930Dined on 8/4/2014While visiting Somerville we were told that we just had to have dinner at Vinny's. So we ate there with mixed results. The food was good and the portions were large. Service was slow because the one waitress on duty could not keep up with the number of occupied tables. The wine list was average at best and the first 2 bottles I ordered were out of stock. It was worth the trip and I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the originalSandyDined on 8/4/2014Thus part of somerville is hopping with trendy casual new eateries and gathering spots. Amidst it all, Vinny's formula hasn't changed. Excellent, authentic food, great menu, old school service. Food is always fresh and plentiful...thanks for keeping it a favorite for a family gathering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the roughFeedmeDined on 7/31/2014We had not been to Vinny's in at least ten years and were reminded by our Italien neighbor about the restaurant. Really pleased to re-discover this gem. Had the chicken sausages and broccoli rabe to start-- both delicious. Used the hot bread to sop up the sauce as to leave it would have been a shame. All four entrees were delicious and servings huge. Homemade pasta tender, red sauce delectable. We were so happy to have our leftovers the following evening for dinner! Vinny's is a fun place...always full of locals who enjoy good food. That has not changed in ten years. Yea!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tomato & seafood sauce is bestIRONMANDined on 7/24/2014In the menu, tomato and seafood based sauce is always amazingly delicious. Pork steak was also yummy. Highly recommended restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vinnys at nightne1hungryDined on 7/19/2014Good menu, some Sicilian specials like sweet sour rabbit and aracini. Succulent double thick pork chop the size of your head. Staff are young efficient and never stop moving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun local placeJustVisitingDined on 7/14/2014I was with my daughter visiting the area and we found this place on-line. I was looking for a really good, fun, local Italian restaurant and Vinny's was perfect. The food was great and lots of it. The service was all being handled by one guy but he did a nice job and the restaurant is fairly small so it was less of an issue. The whole experience was really great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a hitpattyprevDined on 7/12/2014We eat at Vinny's often and have never been disappointed. The food is great and the servers are always friendly. The homemade pasta is outstanding.Special Features:
- AmazingIRONMANDined on 7/11/2014The taste was excellent. Service was good. Price performance was outstandingly worthwhile. Greatly recommended restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Vinny's Ristorante reviews archive.