Vinnie's Steakhouse and Tavern
7440 Six Forks Road
Raleigh, NC 27615Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Vinnie's Steakhouse and Tavern
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.vinniessteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 9198477319x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Southern
- Executive Chef: Tom Armstrong
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Vinnie's Steakhouse and Tavern
Welcome to Vinnie’s Steak House & Tavern, the premiere destination for fine dining in the Triangle since 1987. Independently owned and operated, Vinnie's proudly serves Certified Angus Beef in a variety of cuts and sizes, including Prime New York Strips, Dry Aged Ribeyes and a Bone-In Filet Mignon exclusive to Vinnie's. Vinnie's also offers the freshest seafood available, including Jumbo Cold Water Lobster Tails, Classic Italian Fare, Farmer's Market Vegetables and Homemade Desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Vinnie's Steakhouse and Tavern - Best Restaurants in Raleigh ›
Vinnie's Steakhouse and Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (53)neighborhood gem (36)notable wine list (34)romantic (31)fit for foodies (30)good for groups (24)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (7)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great steaksEmptynestersDined on 9/15/2014We went to Vinnie's to celebrate our anniversary. They have a great Monday night deal. For $70, two salads, two entrees, app or dessert to share, and house bottle of wine. We brought food home. Delicious steaks and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dessert?fjb0501Dined on 9/6/2014Great birthday dinner except our waiter failed to mention the dessert special. We saw it on the chalk bd in the bar upon leaving.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceIloverestaurantsDined on 9/5/2014After reading about Vinnie's for a couple years, finally went there. It was as promoted: great food, unique selections, good staff, attention from Manager and fair price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentOldRaleighnowexurbanDined on 9/5/2014We come to Vinnies for great drinks, excellent steaks, sides, appetizers and desserts, and very good wine list. Consistently excellent through 3 owners (Dusty, Craig and new owners) over 20+ years. Excellent bartender, waitstaff thoroughly professional, and superb food. What else could we possibly want in a New York -style steakhouse nestled in North Raleigh?Special Features:
- Great food, atmosphere, & waitstaffmmmmx2Dined on 9/5/2014Vinnie's has delicious food and it is always presented beautifully. They have fine wines, incredible wait staff, and the ambiance is romantic. What more could you ask for? You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Anniversary spotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/2/2014We often go to Vinnie's for our anniversary. It is close to our home and we like the ambience. The service is generally attentive and cheerful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner to celebrate new jobs7724Dined on 8/30/2014My fiancé and I live less than a mile from Vinnie's, and we have been wanting to try it for some time. The experience was pricy, but worth it for a special occasion. We definitely recommend adding mushrooms to the New York Strip, choosing mashed potatoes as a side, and trying the Tiramisu cheesecake dessert. The steak was cooked perfectly; the salad was cold and diced; and the mashed potatoes were so flavorful! As a bonus, a server offered us a deviled egg and the chef sent over a little dish. Great evening and experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedcookieDined on 8/23/2014We chose Vinnie's to celebrate our 25th Anniversary because we wanted it special. We were disappointed. Months ago we ate there and had great service and food. This time we had to wait 15 min after our reservation time - and the worst part was that we had to wait over 10 min. before a waiter came over(or even acknowledged us)- and we were at a table where the waiters and Manager walked passed several times! He was cut and dry - no extra to him. And we expected so much more from a nice, expensive restaurant. The Filet and twice baked potato was very good. Caesar salad- not very good. I ordered the apple dessert- it was not very good. The waiter took it away and saw obviously that it wasn't eaten- didn't bother him! We will not be revisiting.Special Features:
- Great For Fine DiningBillyDined on 8/23/2014We celebrated our 45th wedding anniversary and the food (particularly the steaks) were excellent. Our waiter, Laura, were just as good. We are hoping to come back soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Great restaurantrbm85VIPDined on 8/22/2014Great for a special occasion, food and service were fabulous, impressed with the diverse menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryNY2NCDined on 8/20/2014We celebrated our 8th anniversary but couldn't find a babysitter so we went anyway knowing that our son might be a little loud for a romantic dinner. They made our son feel right at home and we had a great dinner and great service and the chef prepared something special for us which was very nice. I would definitely go there again and recommend this place to anyone who enjoys a great steak place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT SteakhousegemladyDined on 8/18/2014Had the steak Oscar-terrific. Also had the Oyster Rockefeller-very good. Had a tuna roll appetizer-rare-lovely flavor. My husband had a filet and said it was tender and juicy. Wine list just so so. I liked the food but think the place could use an interior update. Rather dark and drab. Good server. We spent about $250.00 (including tip) for two people. The wine was about $50.00. If I would have gone to Ruth Chris I'd have probably spent the same but I like helping local business. I don't think you'd be disappointed. Thanks PS I rarely give it outstanding-it has to be outstanding. This was very, very good.Special Features:
- Chateaubriand is amazingraleighjohnDined on 8/16/2014Shared the Chateaubriand with my wife. The steak was cooked to perfection and the Bearnaise Sauce was fantastic.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerbabycakesDined on 8/15/2014Vinnie's is always one of our favorites. We look the food, atmosphere and the service. We love to celebrate all our special occasions there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceEICrabbDined on 8/13/2014Food was delicious and very fresh. Service was excellent and it was quiet and relaxing. The food is a bit pricey though. We will only visit for very special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great ExperiencewkrbeeDined on 8/13/2014It was my husband's birthday. Since it's close to our office, we called Angus Barn for a 6pm reservation (on a Wednesday) and were told they were booked. My husband was furious, stating they were simply trying to "boost their image". We decided to drive across town to Vinnie's. It was VERY worth a trip! The steaks are FAR better than Angus Barn and well worth the price. The service is stellar. We went with my mother-in-law. We each selected an entree from a different section of the menu. My husband had a bone-in filet mignon; I had a crab stuffed flounder, and my mother-in-law had veal Parmesan. All were DELICIOUS. Salads were fresh. If you get a chance to go in late May, get the honeysuckle ice cream for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Vinnie'seasydinerDined on 8/12/2014Had dinner there two nights out of four last week when visiting family in town. It's old-school, comfortable: great bartender, excellent food & wine list and knowledgeable servers. One thing: the Ahi tuna (which is fantastic) naturally calls for chopsticks; they're included. However, elsewhere, such as The Palm in Tysons Corner, VA, same dish, but no chopsticks. Small point, OK, but telling to me as a frequent traveller and diner. They speak fluent steakhouse, too. Order Pittsburgh-style steaks and nobody bats an eye. And they come out perfectly, every time. A person can always complain, but let's be honest: nobody eats out to lose weight, save money or stay completely sober. Vinnie's hits all the right notes, for this diner at least.Special Features:
- Long time favoriteNeuroMitchVIPDined on 8/9/2014Steak places come and go but none of them really surpass Vinnie's, a Raleigh favorite for decades. The food is consistently good and the service is outstanding. I always feel like I am in a time warp when I go there but am never disappointed. There is none of the pretentiousness you get at Sullivan's and Ruth's Chris, there is just good food. Angus Barn is good but you always feel like you are in a mill when you are there. Vinnies has quality food served personally.Special Features:
- Good food but needs an updateOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014My husband and I went to Vinnies to celebrate his birthday. We loved that the chef offers a complimentary opening bite, the service was great, very healthy portions as expected at a steakhouse. My NY strips was delicious but my husband had the prime rib which need not have much flavor. We would be delighted to go back, however the atmosphere is very dated and closed in so it was not somewhere I would like to spend a lot of time.Special Features:
- Delicious as usual!SweetteaformeDined on 8/7/2014My husband and I love Vinnies and have been going regularly for years. We took a couple of friends recently and just as we anticipated, they Loved it. We all had different cuts of steak and all were cooked perfectly. All the sides were delicious and large enough for everyone to share. The smoked gouda scalloped potatoes and macaroni and cheese are so, so, scrumptious. We also ordered a couple of the featured blueberry crostatas for dessert. I have not stopped talking or thinking about it since we left. Imagine a big flaky pillow overflowing with the freshest seasonal blueberries that literally explode in your mouth, just warm enough to soften the gigantic scoop of the creamiest, dreamiest homemade peach ice cream. Oh so much YUM!Special Features:
- Could be betterchabcollardDined on 8/2/2014The steak was very good but the sides left a lot. The atmosphere could be much better if the noise from the bar could be reduced. Waiter was very attentive and thoughtful. Vinnie's is a good place but with a little effort it could be great!I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabMargieDined on 7/19/2014Best service and food in town! Seems they strive to accommodate the guests and make a special occasion truly special. Would recommend to anyone and go often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinerEvelyn55Dined on 7/15/2014We were there on Tuesday night for business dinner it was not cloudy so not much noise we are able to talk over the table. We all end up order stake and food was fantastic!Special Features:
- It's ok!RTH86VIPDined on 7/12/2014Not a great steakhouse. Average blah blah blah. Not anything like the reviews mentioned. I've eating at the best steakhouses all over the world. This Isn't one of them. Sorry, the food was very average. The bathrooms were filthy! Not my idea of a high end restaurant.
- A perfect place to celebrate!charliefDined on 6/26/2014My guests and I were delighted with everything--the food, the service, the ambience. It was the perfect way to celebrate an 85th birthday!Special Features:
- ExcellentPea2Dined on 6/21/2014Our party of three had an early reservation on a Saturday evening. The restaurant was not crowded and we were immediately seated. The wait staff was great, attentive but not obtrusive. The food was fabulous and served in a timely manner. The wine was wonderful. Too full for dessert but overall the meal and experience was outstanding.Special Features:
- Favorite steak house in RaleighPamelaVIPDined on 6/10/2014eating here for 26 yrs thru 4 owners . best dishes consistently good( oysters Rockefeller best we've had anywhere) & service always top notch. our favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- classic steakhouseMooseDined on 6/4/2014Went to celebrate a special occasion and it was great. We both had steaks and they were cooked perfectly with great flavor. We've been here before and they didn't disapoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, as always!AnnetteVIPDined on 5/30/2014We come to Vinnie's as often as we can and it is ALWAYS spectacular!Special Features:
- Vinnie's Experiencerusty4Dined on 5/23/2014My wife and I consider Vinnie's as one of our favorite dinning spots in Raleigh. It's the best! Our children are grown and live out of town. When they come to visit, Vinnie's is always on their list of top place to go for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 212 reviews are from the Vinnie's Steakhouse and Tavern reviews archive.
- Outstanding meal and serviceRalM5VIPDined on 5/17/2014My wife and I had a wonderful meal at Vinnie's for our anniversary, both of us ordering steaks. Our waiter, Dwayne, provided courteous, prompt, and extraordinary service throughout. The steaks were cooked perfectly, extremely tasty, and the sides were excellent. Vinnie's is one of the best restaurants in the Raleigh area -- highly recommended.Special Features:
- stellar food & service once againBdayVIPDined on 5/12/2014My family & I celebrated a birthday at Vinnie's on a Monday night. They had a "prix fix" menu special that was perfect for 4 people. The food and service was outstanding. We had appetizers, salad, steak's for all and dessert plus 2 bottles of wine for $140 for everyone. This is the best food in Raleigh on a consistent basisSpecial Features:
- Friday Before Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/9/2014Dinner was absolutely perfect! Vinnie's is always consistently great!Special Features:
- Steaks and MorecharliefDined on 4/26/2014Great steak restaurant, outstanding service, not inexpensive, but worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014My fiancé and I really enjoyed everything about this experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome nightGoOrangeDined on 4/26/2014We went for our anniversary and have been going to Vinnies for years. The service was outstanding! We really enjoyed the appetizers that were brought around for patrons to eat as well as the ambience. Vinnies has never disappointed us!Special Features:
- DavepDined on 4/18/2014Always have great food here. Substantial portions and a great staff. Steve the bartender makes a great martini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional! Best steak in RaleighReddDined on 4/14/2014Extremely good food. A la carte - average entree costs between 35 and 55 dollars. We had the bone-in filet and the cowboy - well worth the money! Amazing steaks. Great for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable qualityrickjDined on 4/9/2014We were frequent Vinnie's customers for a long while when it first opened back in '87. We drifted away when it became too noisy and the atmosphere was not our style. Within the past 3 years, we decided to try it again, and were glad to see the food was still excellent and the ambience was more relaxing; we have been back a number of times since then.Special Features:
- Vinnie's SteakhouseCaptainTexDined on 4/7/2014I have only been to Vinnie's once. The food, while tasty, wasn't all that special considering the price. The service was exceptional and Vinnie's has great ambience. All in all, I prefer Sullivan's though I am sure I will return to Vinnie's, just not as often as Sullivan's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.