150, Jean Talon Est
Montreal, QC H2R1S7Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vinizza.com/
- Phone: 5149042250
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 2:00 pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30 pm - 11:00 pm, Sunday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Nicolas Guidi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Vinizza
The taste of Italy is so unique; it must be savored to the fullest. Vinizza brings this flavor to your table with recipes from Tuscany and Naples using fresh ingredients. Our vast selection of wines can complement any one of our authentic dishes. From our hand-made pastas to our pizzas baked in our unique gas/wood oven, the taste of Italy is yours to discover...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vinizza reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good lunchPaulSVIPDined on 1/28/2014I had the daily salad, hr8 combination but a bit to much oil. The meatballs are GR8 & nicely presented, I would however recommend they be served with a dish not only the mini skillet. The 12" pizza was slightly over sauced, but the sauce & crust are perfect, however @ $18 for a pizza with two slices of cheese & two basil leaf's is over priced for lunch. The heat level of the pepper oil is perfect. Gr8 Tiramisu & of coarse Italian coffee...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointeddisappointedDined on 1/17/2014We have been going to this restaurant over the past 4-5 years. Initially, our experiences were excellent. However, while the service remains strong, as well as the general ambience and decor of the restaurant, the menu and quality have increasingly become inconsistent or, as in our most recent experience, poor. The menu in particular seems to have undergone a number of revisions which has resulted in much less choice and less tasty dishes. Last, the final $$$ bill was very expensive. So, overall, a very disappointing experience which is difficult to recommend to others. All of that said, the staff are exceptionally pleasant, attentive and helpful. A pity, as Vinizza was one of our top choices for restaurants only a year ago.Special Features:
- Delicious and social consciousnessEffelDined on 1/13/2014It's one of my favorite italian restaurants. Delicious! Good quality food ! Great wine list for any palate! Atmosphere is lively, service is fast and friendly ! Vinizza is serving solid simple Italian food, highlighting their handmade pastas and wood-fired pizzas. The prices are reasonable for the quality and freshness of the food served at this restaurant. As stated on their menu and website, with each main course served, Vinizza makes a donation to Accueil Bonneau – which helps feed a person in need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A mustPierresmileyDined on 12/28/2013We are planning to go back very soon. The food was very good and the service excellent. Very good choice in wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/4/2013Vinizza never disappoints! The food is always well prepared and delicious however what makes Vinizza special is the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceFishDined on 11/3/2013We absolutely loved it everything was delicious , very friendly service and outstanding wine list we defiantly going backSpecial Features:
- This was a great place forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/27/2013This was a great place for 3 tourists to have a nice dinner that wasn't over priced. It was easy to get to by metro, food was delicious, and the staff was great!Special Features:
- Nice dining in Little Italysilviu401Dined on 10/23/2013We had a very nice dining experience. The staff is very friendly and the service was impeccable. The food was tasty, well presented and the portions were reasonable, though not generous (except for the appetizer which we shared). On the downside the restaurant was a bit empty for a Wednesday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food was good, but theyDinerDined on 10/15/2013the food was good, but they WILL NOT entertain special requests. So definitely a no go , if you have restrictions, allergies. Everything is pre-prepared. Not sure, if "no special requests" comes from the chef or just the serving staff. I wouldnt go back.
- Dinner with friendsBottine38Dined on 10/5/2013Mozzarella di Buffala was delicious with cherry tomatoes and peppers. The thin crust pizza as the tomato sauce are a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A taste of réal Italy!EricVIPDined on 10/2/2013This is a great place for food lovers. The restaurant is located right beside the market and uses fresh products only for a tasty cuisine. We tried the fish of the day and lamb braised. Absolutely delicious. Great service too!Special Features:
- AMAZING!FishDined on 9/16/2013Excellent food very good service one of the best restaurants in little italy!Special Features:
- Excellent foodPetroneDined on 8/16/2013Our group of three enjoyed our entrees and the pizzas were very tasty. The gnocchi we out of this world but the portion was too small. Overall highly recommended....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- À retourner...BrigitteDined on 8/9/2013Ambiance très bonne, bouffe excellente et personnel très agréable. J'y retournerais sans problème! Petit point négatif, pas de menu table d'hôte donc la facture monte assez rapidement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PizzaTuanVIPDined on 8/9/2013Without hesitation get the calamari followed by Pizza, you won't be disapointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have the PizzaCoconutDined on 7/13/2013Pizza was good and pasta was also good but portions were small for what you paid on the pasta. Service was indifferent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome !costomenDined on 7/10/2013The dinner was outstanding, with various choices of entreesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding serviceFishDined on 7/2/2013Best gnocchi & pizza in town..... outstanding service great wine list and staff and manager were very friendly and helpful going back soon...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceFishDined on 6/17/2013Amazing service the food was really good as well... best pizza in town , great wine list we are going back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left unsatisfied...OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/18/2013Three out of four dishes we ordered were lacking in flavour. The orecchietti pasta was too al dente, portion size was too small, not a good value for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been to Vinizza moreOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013We have been to Vinizza more than once and the food and service are great. Would definitely return. The pizza is great and the staff is very accomodating for kids.Special Features:
- Where is the protein?...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013Overall very pleasant experience. HOWEVER... not enough protein in the main dishes! Not enough seafood in the rizzoto and linguine, and the portions are FAR FROM GENEROUS. We hope that this will change as we love the restaurant and would like to go back! Thank youSpecial Features:
- Used to be consistent andOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/24/2013Used to be consistent and good pizza.i don't know what is happening but We will think twice about going back. The pizza was definitely not up to par. The pizza we ordered was supposed to have sliced tomatoes and was instead served with a tomato sauce instead. No explanation as why. The fish of the evening was a grilled filet of sea bass with grilled peppers and vegetables. The. Fish was overlooked and dry and the grilled peppers was actually a quarter of a piece of pepper. The service was also very, very long. We are a group that practically go every Sunday night for pizza and was very disappointed as we're our friends. Too bad.
- Great food, intimate ambience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Great food, intimate ambience. Most importantly, the kids loved it. Would definitely come back.Special Features:
- I love this restaurant andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/27/2012I love this restaurant and I have been there on many occasion. I was looking forward to introduce a friend to it, however, the pizza was cold.
- Excellent all around.... GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2012Excellent all around.... Great atmosphere, excellent prices, delicious wine and food, lovely service..... Perfect spot for a low-stress yet up-beat evening and perhaps best of all, no sense that you are competing with ambient noise while conversing with your dinner-mates.
- Tried 5different pizzas andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012Tried 5different pizzas and they were all amazing! Must try the meatballs!!! Excellent service!!!Special Features:
- The food is simple and veryAnikaVIPDined on 9/12/2012The food is simple and very good. Nice cute terrace, nice atmosphere. Great service. Will go back for sure.
- Very nice restaurant. LovelyluvtryingnewrestosDined on 9/8/2012Very nice restaurant. Lovely & loud atmosphere. Food was very good. Our waiter was outstanding....he really went above & beyond. Would definitely recommend it!!! Great for pizza and pasta....had a veal chop & steak on the menu. Could probably use a couple of veal scallopini dishes for some people. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- It's my favorite pizza place.....whOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2012It's my favorite pizza place.....whenever I have a craving for pizza it has to be Vinizza's and I'm never disappointed. We also had some appetizers which were excellent!Special Features:
- I have been to that restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2012I have been to that restaurant probably five times in the last year or so; food is always good to very good; the pizza is excellent; service is very good. The wine list is extensive and prices range from reasonnable to expensive. If you enjoy food and wine, just go and enjoy. The noise level can be very high, in fact, one has to speak very loudly to be understood. It is a good thing that there is no loud music on top of all that talking. One last thing, it might get expensive, if you enjoy and apperitf, good wine, apetizer, main course and dessert, the bill might be around 165$ with tax and service. Conclusion : if you enjoy good food, you will be pleased!Special Features:
- Really one of the best pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/5/2012Really one of the best pizza places in Montreal. Always consistent, thin crust, very tastey.Special Features:
- Sitting on the terrace givesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2012Sitting on the terrace gives a quiet moment, except maybe for the lifts and trucks going around the terrace with a close view on the Jean-Talon market after business hours. Food is excellent and service greatly appreciated. Great spot in the neighborhood. A bit pricy but wine selection is remarquable!Special Features:
- We waited a very long timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2012We waited a very long time in between each meals and the servers were not proactive. This was on a Monday which usually is not even the busiest day of the week.
- Very good pizza. The airOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012Very good pizza. The air conditioning is too high. Bring a sweater for the summer. Good wine selections too.Special Features:
- Best pizza in town!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2012Best pizza in town, maybe best pizza in the world! I have been going to Vinizza since the hopenning and recommand it to everybody!Special Features:
- Food OK. Awful ServicePoorlyservicedVIPDined on 6/1/2012Rarely experienced service so inefficient. Waitress with physical attributes but no wit. Waiters constantly running all over the place. And beware of OpenTable points being rejected on account of reservation unduly being cancelled.
- Great restaurant. Unique menu.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2012Great restaurant. Unique menu. Good ambiance! Took time to be served. There was no bred on the table, we had to order it many times. It seems it is not default over there. Overall I liked it, the food is delicious.
- The food was tremendous, butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/3/2012The food was tremendous, but very salty! We were pretty thirsty afterward.Special Features:
- A feast for anorexicsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2012Although I rated the different categories well, the overall experience was only fair as it is not very often I leave a restaurant still feeling hungry. The portion sizes, especially for the pasta dishes are laughable. I understand you have to pay for quality, but when you order a main plate of ravioli and there maybe 6 pieces sitting in front of you, it's a joke. Quality, service, ambiance all very good but if you're hungry don't eat here. They think their menu is better than what it really is, if it wasn't for everything else I would have given a poor.