Vinizza - Downtown
Montreal, QC H3A1X8Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Vinizza - Downtown
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vinizzaosteria.com/
- Phone: 5148492044
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Cafe, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Sherbrooke
- Public Transit: Nous sommes accessibles via métro, ligne verte, station Peel sortie Maisonneuve et Metcalfe ou par autobus 107, 515, 15.
We are accessible by subway Green line, Peel station, exit Maisonneuve and Metcalfe
Bus 107, 515, 15
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Nous vous offrons le stationnement a 5$ au Parking 1010 Sherbrooke dont l'entree est adjacente a celle du restaurant (sur Metcalfe). Votre coupons doit porter l'estampe du Vinizza. Vous pourrez egalement trouvez du stationnement dans la rue (parcomètre). We are providing a parking for 5$ at 1010 Sherbrooke west,(Private lot), entrance next to the restaurant on Metcalfe. Your parking coupon must have the Vinizza stamp. Parking is also available on the street.
A word from Vinizza - Downtown
Le goût de l'Italie est unique en soi et se doit d'être savouré à son meilleur. Vinizza vous amène les vraies saveurs du pays directement à votre table avec des recettes provenant de la Toscane et Naples et des produits frais du marché. Notre vaste sélection de vins s'harmonise avec chacun des plats authentiques que nous vous présentons. De nos pâtes maison en passant par nos pizza cuites au four à bois traditionnel, vous aurez l'impression d'y être! The taste of Italy is so unique; it must be savored to the fullest. Vinizza brings this flavor to your table with recipes from Tuscany and Naples using fresh ingredients. Our vast selection of wines can complement any one of our authentic dishes. From our hand-made pastas to our pizzas baked in our unique gas/wood oven, the taste of Italy is yours to discover...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vinizza - Downtown reviews from OpenTable diners
- Extremely authentic and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/12/2014If you are looking for Italian food in downtown Montreal, this is hands down the best. Extremely nice staff, delicious food, and a spacious and comfortable dining experience. I can't recommend it enough. It is reasonably priced, and a great place for a date (especially convenient for McGill students as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Italian dinner on a cold nitejoeqcDined on 2/7/2014Had a very good Italian dinner on a cold Montreal nite. Very friendly staff with excellent wine suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/4/2014I used to go to Hostaria Romana several years ago. The place had deteriorated over time and closed. Vinizzo was a welcome discovery, just around the corner from my office.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/3/2014First the waiters told us she does not like to work on Mondays and would prefer to stay with her kid. Then the entrée came in fast and an hour letter the main course. How can a pizza take an hour to be cooked? Really?...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value for moneyJAMSDined on 1/28/2014This is a great spot for a business lunch. The food is simple yet tasty, the prices are reasonable and the décor is vibrant and hip. The only downside is slow service, which can be a big problem if you are on a tight timetable (if you are in a rush, reserve 15 minutes before "prime time" lunch hour).Special Features:
- Good food and VibeDonnaVIPDined on 12/19/2013Nicely decorated with vintage Italian. Great service. Small but tasty portions.Special Features:
- Very nice at this price pointHungryDocDined on 12/3/2013Lovely decor. Handy location. Attentive staff. Smallish menu but well executed. Wine markup about 100% which is very reasonableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/2/2013The food & service were excellent and would return again! Well done to the staff :o)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La clientèle est jeune carOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2013La clientèle est jeune car il y a un bon menu abordable. Le menu est très restreint. .Special Features:
- Very good food and fine winesGoodstuffDined on 10/22/2013The Maître-De, Samuel, is extremely friendly and welcoming. He is very knowledgeable of his wine list and is able to discuss his various selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much too noisymbm1951Dined on 10/12/2013The food was decent, the service OK, but the music was inappropriate for a restaurant charging these prices and was playing much too loud. It spoiled the evening for our party of four. Not a place I would ever return to.
- Very goodAmelieDined on 9/27/2013The food is great! Made with fresh and simple ingredients, this is authentic italian food! People who have been in Italy won't be disappointed with the pizzas you find here. I don't usually have a sweet tooth either but had a taste of their Ice cream and it was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful!sylvrgirlVIPDined on 9/25/2013This is really a neighborhood gem and does not disappoint! We only had room for a main each and went for the pizza's! Both were done so well and true Italian style. We were convinced, after being comfortably full, to have a piece of the Tiramisu, which was such a FAB decision. Home-made Tiramisu and it was perfect. This place is gorgeous too from the wall art to the red Vespa at the bar. Stunning!!!!Special Features:
- Great food and service was topsBellaDined on 9/20/2013I will definitely go back. Pizza dough was excellent...very light and dressing was just right. Our waitress was tops...very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed and enjoyabletollandfoodieDined on 9/13/2013We chose this restaurant based on other Open Table reviews. We received a friendly greeting and our hostess told us the history of the art. The music helped create a modern atmosphere as well. Fresh ingredients were the key to each of our servings. The portions were adequate and certainly but certainly not large. However this allowed us to enjoy a number of menu items. The opening salad had just the right touch of dressing. The sausage with Polenta was great. The use of Fiore du latte on the pizza instead of mozerella was a real treat. My wife's gnocchi was cooked just right. My 16 year old daughter reported that it was possibly the best pizza she has ever had.Special Features:
- Vous aviez une formule gagnanteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2013Vous aviez une formule gagnante avec votre ancien menu, maintenant votre menu du dîner est trop restreint. Vous avez retiré du menu les mets pour lesquels les gens fréquentaient votre restaurant ( Pizza, Pâtes, Rizotto etc..) Pourquoi ??? Jai remarqué égalemenbt qu'il y avait très peu de clients.donc peu d,Ambiance ..pour un vendredi c''est assez rare.
- Great overall but coldJulesDined on 8/29/2013The prices were reasonable, the food and service excellent, and the decor and ambiance a gem, but I was very cold.Special Features:
- Nice artOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2013Very cool art, but lacks the ambience and character of the Vinizza at Jean Talon market. The pizza is really great there. I had the fish, which was fine. Should have tried the pizza.
- Good food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2013The fennel salad was tasty with just the right acidic touch and the grilled octopus appetizer was tender, prepared with marinated grilled peppers and cherry. The pasta in a lamb ragout was nicely seasoned with a mild lamb flavour. The sea bream was generous in size and served over grilled red and yellow peppers and rapini.Nice combination. We were too full to have dessert. Service was attentive yet non intrusive. We will be back to try some of the dishes that we saw come out of the kitchen; thin crust pizzas, a large veal chop, meatball appetizer. And now we know that there is parking adjacent to the restaurant so we won't have to look for street parking. Apparently the cost of the validated parking is only $5.00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WelcomingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/7/2013Had lunch here, it was above my expectations. The service was very friendly and attentive. I had the lunch special, an artichoke salad (not always on the menu) and a pizza. The salad was excellent and well dressed. The pizza was very good, the only slight flaw was the tomato sauce which I found under-seasoned. But the mozzarella was great and the pizza was well cooked. The dining areas are nicely decorated, though it can get noisy. A good find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Square mile lunch spotfoodguyDined on 8/6/2013Lunch at Vinizza on Metcalfe Street was a good value overall. My two companions enjoyed their antipasto plates, followed by a mushroom risotto and linguini with salmon. My fennel-and-orange salad was flavorful, but slightly over-dressed. The calamari were among the best I've ever had—cooked just to the ultra-tender stage. We passed on dessert, since the list was short and not very inspired. Vinizza's location—about halfway between the McCord Museum and the Musée des Beaux-Arts—makes it a perfect stop for those experiencing the Square Mile.Special Features:
- Chef's TablePaggettDined on 7/12/2013I had been to this restaurant a few times for business lunches and dinner, but have since stopped going to Montreal on business. We happened to be in Montreal with another couple on vacation staying downtown, so I thought we would do dinner here for a nice change. We were treated like royalty - like being at a chef's private table, while sitting watching the city go past - it was amazing, and our friends were very very pleased.Special Features:
- Lovely findJeffVIPDined on 7/9/2013Having spent a couple of days in Montreal at hotel nearby McGill, where I was attending a conference, I was growing despondent over the poor food in the neighborhood. So, with not much hope, I tried Vinizza and was thrilled that I did. Delightful service, lovely atrmosphere, and the food was stunning. They had Tunisian grilled octopus as an appetizer special and it was one of the greatest octopus dishes I have ever eaten. The paperdelle with butternut squash was nearly as fine as the octopus. Great wine choices, sublime bread, and a really fine gelato made for a near perfect meal.Special Features:
- Food and ambiance downtown MontrealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/2/2013Very enjoyable nouveau italian. We had the fennel and orange salad and antipasto with meats and cheese as starters. This was a great combo. The goat cheese, sun dried tomato and walnut pizza had a nice thin crust. The orechiette with sausage, tomato and rapini was very flavourful. Good wines by the glass. I always enjoy it when you can start with a sparkling Prosecco! Within walking distance of all of the good downtown hotels. Service was attentive and well paced. Ambiance is cool with red accents including a red Vespa behind the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ripped off!torontoDined on 6/28/2013The waiter who was a bit annoying mislead us into over ordering an expensive "family style" appetizer and very expensive, not worth the cost, wine. Very annoying all round.
- Intéressant Resto loungeGM2013Dined on 6/27/2013Beau décor, personnel attentif, très bonne nourriture. À améliorer: Liste des vins Stationnements nombreux tout près, un atout :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool and classyKarenyDined on 6/26/2013Great food and ambiance. The decor is well suited for the more modern business lunch or a drink after work(i did not look at the wine card or their drink menu). Lovely!! BravaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the frendly and attentiveMichouDined on 6/21/2013Love the frendly and attentive service and their Arugula and Pamesan salad. I've had it many times, one occasion I mentionned to the young lady serving us that it was too vinegary, they removed it from my bill! Everyone I take there , really likes it.Special Features:
- Fresh/Quality Ingredients!ForzaFerrariDined on 6/8/2013Excellent/inviting service and even better food and wine list. Extensive use of fresh and quality ingredients really makes a difference!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2013Delicious, thin crust pizzas and grilled, marinated vegetables reminded me of our last trip to Italy. This restaurant is a downtown gem that has not yet been discovered by many. The service was very friendly and professional. Vinizza is a family favorite for us, and we return often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedfussyfoodieDined on 6/5/2013The food was fresh, tasty and kept one wanting more. The portions were not over- whelming as is often the case in some places. There were four of us and the waitress suggested we could share dishes since we couldn't choose what to have. We followed her advice and were happy we did because, being our first time there, were able to sample more of the dishes. We enjoyed them all. Good salads, pizza and pasta! The service was attentive and friendly. We wanted an easy-going, comfortable place to get together and that's what we got. The waitress picked up on the fact that we were celebrating a birthday and put a sparkler on a dessert. Nice touch. Prices are decent. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, it was a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/5/2013As always, it was a pleasure to return to Vinizza Downtown.Special Features:
- Trendy restaurantGInetteMDined on 6/4/2013The food we had was simple but delicious and I like it that way. The "lounge" touch of the decoration makes it stylish too. On top of that it is close from Faculté Desautels (McGill) and from the 2020 University as well. Many parking options ease my Life too! A place to discover again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food & service is consistentlyfoodaficionad0VIPDined on 6/1/2013The food & service is consistently excellent. Have been there many times with friends & they too agree with return visits. They earned our loyalty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a lovely, convenientlyHeidiJDined on 4/20/2013This is a lovely, conveniently located restaurant (for the visitor staying downtown) that serves very good Italian food. The menu offers a good range of options, including many different pizzas. The service was good, but not as attentive as it might have been. Perhaps this is typical of Montreal. We would certainly return to try it again.Special Features:
- It was during lunch time,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/18/2013It was during lunch time, they forgot about our food even though we asked them twice where the food was and why it was taking so long. Lunch time ended and still no food, so we had to take the food to go. We both had pizza... Not exacly a complicated dish to make
- Their consistent excellentfoodaficionad0VIPDined on 4/6/2013Their consistent excellent food & service merits a visit. Also their prices are reasonable & offer good valueSpecial Features:
- I would love to review butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/1/2013I would love to review but when we got there the restaurant was closed! It was Easter Monday...but we would have appreciated knowing in advance.
- It was a nice restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/18/2013It was a nice restaurant. Not crowded when I went, but the food was good. The pasta I did not taste like it was made in the restaurant but the sauce and lamb was quite good. I enjoyed my meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good , good price, goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/5/2013Very good , good price, good wine , excellent service, they were speaking french AND english , 1 things , plate of pasta was a little SMALL , for a normal diner...Special Features: