Old Vinings Inn
3011 Paces Mill Road
Atlanta, GA 30339Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Old Vinings Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oldviningsinn.net/
- Phone: 7704382282
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Monday - Thursday 5pm-9pm
Friday & Saturday 5pm-10pm
Brunch Saturday & Sunday 11:30am-3pm
Attic Bar Monday - Saturday 5pm - til?
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Don Diem
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music Wednesday - Saturday evenings! Visit www.oldviningsinn.net to view the schedule
A word from Old Vinings Inn
In the quaint town of Vinings, steeped in local history, visit one of Atlanta's oldest historic sites. Our charming building dates back to the early 1800's and has been lovingly preserved to provide you with a comfortable and gracious dining experience. The Old Vinings Inn offers Southern cuisine and a carefully selected wine and cocktail list to complement and enhance Chef Don's award winning creations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
Old Vinings Inn - Best Restaurants in Vinings ›
Old Vinings Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (63)special occasion (54)romantic (49)great for outdoor dining (41)fit for foodies (33)great for brunch (29)good for groups (25)notable wine list (21)late-night find (16)great for lunch (15)vibrant bar scene (15)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (6)hot spot (1)Show More
- Southern and Gourmet!GFRANKDined on 8/29/2014New management kept some of the old favorites and added some new twists. The Fried Green Tomatoes are the best I've ever had, and I've had them from Dallas to Richmond. Thick sliced, halved, stuffed with goat cheese and lightly battered, they are a unique and fresh take on an old favorite. Trout, Fried Chicken, Tuna, thick cut pork chops...its all good. And, btw, the service is excellent and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relax and EnjoyKirkDined on 8/26/2014My first time here was definitely one to remember! This is surely a neighborhood friendly place to wine and dine. The food tasted great!Special Features:
- Unique twists to southern cookingScooterVIPDined on 8/23/2014Food was outstanding (lamb cooked just right and the veal & shortrib meatloaf was delicious) but the sides to both these dishes were truly unique. The wild mushroom & sweet onion farmhouse bread pudding accompanying the lamb was prepared in a muffin cup and the truffle-herb potato tower accompanying the meatloaf was quite delicious. Good wine list with many wines in the not too high price range. Service was friendly and pleasant. The honey-lime vinaigrette on the house salad was the best!!Special Features:
- Charming place, excellent diningMandmDined on 8/20/2014It was the right place to celebrate my wife's birthday. The food was excellent, the service great and charming, we enjoyed every minute. They take hospitality seriously. Absolutely marvellous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Bad Wait ServiceJimVetDined on 8/19/2014Food was excellent. Service was below scale for a restaurant of this quality. Quick seating and slow to take and deliver initial drink order, appetizers etc. Appetizer to main course timing was good. slow at end. never asked about desert until after check was delivered. very slow serviceSpecial Features:
- Sunday BrunchknowgoodfoodDined on 8/17/2014Lovely historic setting. Delicious, well-prepared and presented dining. Highly recommend trying the Lobster Mac and Cheese Fritters appetizer. It was magnificent and worth the splurge in calories. Their huge burger is to die-for, juicy, cooked to order and dressed with fried green tomato!Special Features:
- Great casual dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014Last Saturday we were looking for something different close to home and decided to give the place a try. Awesome surprise for us. Arrived around 8:30pm and found the bar upstairs in the "attic" portion of the restaurant. Great cozy spot around the corner from the live music. Close enough to hear and enjoy it but far enough that we could have a conversation. Bartender (Uncle Ricky) was fantastic. Introduced himself, asked our names and broke into casual conversation. Menu was clean and a GREAT value. Fried chicken, bacon wrapped oysters and pork chop were all wonderful. Very quiet when we got there but as soon as music started (9pm) the crowd picked up fast. Great mix of couples and parties. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Perfect As Always!DineOutOften321VIPDined on 8/16/2014We never fail to have a great time and meal at Old Vinings Inn.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceMNS618Dined on 8/16/2014Beautiful historic setting for a romantic night out or to gather with friends for a glass of wine. The food is outstanding and the service was very impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On our favorites listbrianburk26Dined on 8/16/2014Great place! First time find for a day date/early dinner and it was.superb! A party of 4. Lobster mac n cheese fritters were so good. I had the meatlof, my wife had shrimp and grits. Both were outstanding. Our guests had scallops and the lamb. Both said they were amazing but wished the lamb serving was bigger. No desserts; only coffee. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerDinnerReviewDined on 8/15/2014I found the menu a bit limited. Only one chicken dish (fried) and the portions were small. The bread did not taste fresh either. The service was very good and it was a very nice location so that is a plus.Special Features:
- Nice BrunchtrwilliamsDined on 8/10/2014Brunch was nice. We loved the Lobster Mac and Cheese Fritters. Will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/9/2014Charming, historic building. Service was excellent, and people (from servers to owners/managers) could not have been nicer. The crabcake was outstanding, and other choices good. They have a kids menu and were very nice to our 7-year-old as well. We did not get to stay to enjoy the upstairs bar/band, but it looked like fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant SurpriseNeighborVIPDined on 8/9/2014It had been years since we had eaten here. We decided to go here for a Sunday brunch. The food was excellent & much better than previous years!! The service was excellent. My husband said it was the best hamburger he had in a long time. I had their Eggs Benedict.Special Features:
- Not Goodsay1944sayDined on 8/2/2014We ordered the calamari, fried green tomatoes, scallops and Lamb ribs. The Calamari and fried tomatoes were very greasy. Scallops had too many spices and I could not eat my ribs. It was noticed by my waitress and she tried to bring me something else. She took it back to the kitchen and said it was nothing but fat. When our bill came, they took my meal off. This was very nice, as I did not complain.Special Features:
- Always Off the ChartRobertDined on 8/2/2014Old Vinings Inn is one of our favorites. The food, service and ambiance couldn't be better. I'd stack it up against any restaurant in Atlanta because as far as I'm concerned, it's off the chart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new fave dinner spot!NanaBVIPDined on 7/28/2014My husband and I try different restaurants throughout the month of July every year. This year OVI was on the list and it did NOT disappoint! From the quiet ambience to the outstanding service, to the AMAZING food, we fell in love with this hidden jewel; so much so that I'm sitting in OVI writing this review as I wait for my food! (The market fish was SO good that we came back 2 days later for a repeat! LOL) Highlights: Our server Drew. We arrived just minutes before the kitchen closed and he gave wonderful recommendations and our food was hot and cooked to perfection. The manager Lee was great. He welcomed us, checked on our satisfaction levels w/the food, and even invited us back for dessert on him! Definitely adding to our faves list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jamabreeze13VIPDined on 7/27/2014The Old Vining Inn was a pleasure to say the least. My wife, niece and I attended for their brunch. My niece and I chose the Fried Shrimp Sandwich while my wife went with the Steak Burger. All choices were excellent and served hot. We did skip dessert but were told later that they have great desserts. Our waiter was Michael and he was very attentive but not over bearing. This is a very special place and if in the Atlanta area it is well worth the visit.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceNummyDined on 7/24/2014We all had different items, and everyone was more than pleased. The speck wrapped tuna was exceptional, as were the desserts, especially the berry cobbler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExtraordinaryPdPRegularDined on 7/19/2014The Old Vinings Inn has been a Vinings maintstay for a long time, but over this last year seems to have hit a high note that few area restaurants can attain. Everything about our dining experience was extraordinary. If you have not visited OVI the past year or two, make a point to visit. You will not be dissappointed.Special Features:
- Southern Birthday supperMonicaDined on 7/17/2014My daughter and I went to this restaurant to have a quiet celebration for her birthday. Since we live four hours apart now, we don't get to see each other often and we just wanted some time to catch up and enjoy each other's presence. Old Vinings Inn had a nice specialty drink selection; we enjoyed the Lady Di, which the manager late told us was named and specially concocted in honor of his wife, named Diane, not the British one, as I had expected. We enjoyed our entrees, the crusted tuna special and the fried chicken with grits and kale. Delish and just the right proportions. We completed our meal with the berry cobbler, a nice finish for a summer Southern dinner. It came complete with a birthday candle and was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old southern charmCorbinandgleeDined on 7/15/2014My husband and I were here on a business trip.We chose the Old Vinings Inn due to its reputation.We were not disappointed .The food ,atmosphere and the friendliness of the staff made it all very special. Loved our waitress ,Lace, she was very knowledgeable of the menu and made a fabulous suggestion of the lavender infused Mojito before dinner. We will definitely be back. We are from the south and this a must for anyone who has not experienced true Southern Hospitality.Special Features:
- Monday night dreamMktwhiteVIPDined on 7/14/2014Great place on Monday nights! Fantastic food and low crowds. Great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group DinnerDisappointedDined on 7/9/2014We had a group of 5 and everything was handled beautifully. The food was fabulous, service excellent.Special Features:
- Anniversary DelightJandJDined on 7/8/2014My husband and I celebrated our 42nd Wedding Anniversary and we couldn't have been more pleased. The food was delicious and the service was great. The Manager surprised us with complimentary champagne ....a nice touch. We will definitely go back soon. A perfect evening indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's the Sauce?iamfoodieDined on 6/29/2014I ordered eggs benedict which was good, not great.... I thought eggs benedict was supposed to have Hollandaise sauce. If it was there, I couldn't detect it. The eggs however, were cooked to perfection. The onion, which was sandwiched between the egg and other ingredients, was very greasy and tasteless. I don't know if it was supposed to be crispy but it was closer to soggy. The coffee was good, the water by itself didn't taste so good since it was chlorinated. If I came back, would bring my own water. The service was excellent and the host made us feel like celebrities. HE WAS 5 STAR!Special Features:
- Great Date NightPrincessDined on 6/28/2014My boyfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed our night out here. We had a nice romantic dinner downstairs, where the food was delicious and our server was great. After dinner we headed upstairs to the attic bar for dessert and cocktail. Upstairs was a much more relaxed environment with a live band. It was as if it were 2 places in 1. Perfect way to end our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Business mtgJustBizDined on 6/25/2014Limited wine list. Good service. I hope you like cheese. Not for healthy eaters. Duffle side was outstanding. Lamb ribs and meatloaf also outstanding. Very attentive servers.
- DonnaDined on 6/21/2014This was our first time dining at Old Vinings Inn. The food was delicious. I had their scallops and my husband had the tuna. Our appetizer was bacon wrapped oysters. Although our choices make it sound like a seafood restaurant, there other selections as well. We were very surprised that the restaurant wasn't busier due to having great food and service. The upstairs bar is very nice as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pick!adriDined on 6/21/2014We used open table to book for our anniversary. The old house was just adorable and the food was to die for. The owner was in house the entire time and made his way to our table several times. The service was impeccable and the prices were absolutely reasonable. When we finished our meal, we went upstairs to the bar area and met the bartender. He was very personable. The band that was playing was excellent, and the atmosphere was fun. We will certainly be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceDeeGeeDined on 6/21/2014Wonderful food and service--would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large family dinner; private roomJohnLynnDined on 6/19/2014Spectacular service, food was amazing and OVI team were very accommodating. Def a neighborhood gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely & Quiet SettingItaliDouglasvilleDined on 6/17/2014I welcome the idea of trying Old Vinings Inn because of the reviews and details found online. We were well received by Michael and that was one of the best parts of the evening. This was a birthday treat for my mom. The appetizer, fried green tomatoes, were very good. The entrée honestly left more to be desired. If I chose to return it would be for the outside seating, an appetizer, and to interact with Michael because he presented as warm, was energetic and interacted very well with us, which include telling us about the meal and what to expect. Dining out is certainly about the food, but also about the experience and exchange from the host and waiter. Improvements could be made with the waiter as well as the food.Special Features:
- BBaileyBBaileyDined on 6/15/2014Old Vinings Inn is in the perfect location with the perfect atmosphere. The food is exceptional and the service is impeccable! It's one of my favorite's places to dine. I highly recommend it if you're celebrating a special occasion, hosting a brunch or simply want a nice quiet lunch or dinner. Loved it!Special Features:
- city meets countryTwilight22Dined on 6/15/2014The food at the Old Vinings Inn blew me away. Everything was seasoned to perfection. I did not pick up the salt or the pepper at all. We dined for Father's Day brunch and it was an excellent choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- under new ownershipashylibDined on 6/14/2014New owner greets guest. friendly staff. great service. All four entrees were excellent.Special Features:
- Hard to beatjak33Dined on 6/14/2014I had been before many years ago, and although it didn't seem recognizable - we loved it. It was as good as I hoped it would be. You can set the mood simply by picking the place you want to eat. Formal inside, moderate on porch, or close to the band upstairs for a completely different feel. The host was great, the food was great, our server Rick was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkFoodieDined on 6/7/2014Great service, but the food was ok. The restaurant interior looks good, but the terrace is outdated. Not impressed at all.
- Open Table Dining Pts not awardedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/5/2014Good ambiance, food and service but restaurant did not award dining points advertised through Open Table even after confirming with hostess that Open Table reservation had been kept.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quint and homely restaurantBronxman67VIPDined on 5/30/2014This restaurant gives you the feeling that of just stepped into someone's home as an invited guess. The service and food were impeccable. My only wish is that they had more of a dress code. The restaurants feels upscale, but with no dress code the guess kind of brought that feeling down. They were too casually dress for this place. The bar and live music upstairs was a lot of fun. Overall I'd defnitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.