Old Vinings Inn
3011 Paces Mill Road
Atlanta, GA 30339Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Old Vinings Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oldviningsinn.net/
- Phone: 7704382282x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Monday - Thursday 5pm-9pm
Friday & Saturday 5pm-10pm
Brunch Saturday & Sunday 11:30am-3pm
Attic Bar Monday - Saturday 5pm - til?
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Don Diem
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music Wednesday - Saturday evenings! Visit www.oldviningsinn.net to view the schedule
A word from Old Vinings Inn
In the quaint town of Vinings, steeped in local history, visit one of Atlanta's oldest historic sites. Our charming building dates back to the early 1800's and has been lovingly preserved to provide you with a comfortable and gracious dining experience. The Old Vinings Inn offers Southern cuisine and a carefully selected wine and cocktail list to complement and enhance our Chef's award winning creations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
Old Vinings Inn - Best Restaurants in Vinings ›
Old Vinings Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (60)special occasion (44)fit for foodies (36)romantic (35)great for outdoor dining (30)great for brunch (19)good for groups (18)late-night find (14)notable wine list (14)great for lunch (14)vibrant bar scene (13)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (3)Show More
- dmc3VIPDined on 10/27/2014This was a great find. The staff were both friendly and knowledgeable. The food was the highlight of my dinner and I look forward to having the opportunity to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014We experienced a lovely brunch with old friends. The shrimp and grits were very delicious. My friend also enjoyed the eggs Benedict.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would go back againfoodjunkieDined on 10/11/2014Took some friends there for their birthday. It was a perfect evening. Great food, terrific service, and delicious food.Special Features:
- WonderfulKCWCDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I went to dinner for our one year anniversary. We love Old Vinings Inn! The food was wonderful! I got the fried chicken, collards, and grits and he got the salmon and grits. They were SO delicious! The waiter was great too, he brought us a surprise toast of champagne to finish off our dinner :) Great service!I would recommend this to a friend.
- peppercorn8Dined on 10/5/2014new owner new chef new mgr new problems. food doesnt have to be overseasoned totry and make it special.I was spittig out numerous peppercorns from my veal and shortrib meatloaf. I was not able to enjoy the meat for the money not worth it to many other good restaurants
- Great EveningDrJ2014Dined on 10/4/2014Drew was super. The trout and lamb chops were awesome. Not crazy about the calamari.Special Features:
- Couldn't have been betterJustDiningDined on 10/4/2014The occasion was my girlfriend's birthday, so I wanted something very nice and romantic: Old Vinings Inn delivered in a big way. We got there a little early because heard great things about the attic bar, and they were all spot on. Rick and Jamie took great care of us, and we immediately felt like regulars. The food was incredible. We started with the mac and cheese fritters and the fried green tomatoes. Both were even better than expected. For the main course we chose the fried chicken and crab cakes, which also were above expectation. Our server went above and beyond and created a custom dessert cocktail for us. Lee was very present and friendly, and has done a great job with the Old Vinings Inn.Special Features:
- katsflatsDined on 9/27/2014The familiar favorite Vinings dining spot just gets better with every new event. Personal greetings from owner to waitstaff welcome you back and make you glad you came. Old favorites like crab cakes are consistently excellent along with some nice fresh surprises.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodDBenedettoVIPDined on 9/27/2014We enjoyed our dinner very much. The atmosphere was great, the food was excellent, prices were reasonable. The waiters were not as professional as we expected, but they were very pleasant and we had a good experience.Special Features:
- ExceptionalPdPRegularDined on 9/26/2014Our visit to Old Vinings Inn was extraordinary. The combination of exceptional food, service, and ambiance is extremely rare indeed, but we found it at Old Vinings Inn. We will be returning on a regular basis.Special Features:
- Anniversary mealIoBlueDined on 9/25/2014This was our first time and we enjoyed our meals and the service. I had the Lady Di's Spring Flower (a gin cocktail) some excellent fried green tomatoes, and the shrimp and grits. My husband had lamb, also tasty. Our server and host were excellent and we had a delicious dessert, which they kindly split in two for us without us even asking. We look forward to coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice but not greatlocalDined on 9/22/2014the staff were very friendly and nice and the place was clean and charming. The food was ok...not great...my scallops were not hot and the combination of flavors with the greens and cornbread croutons was a miss. would not recommend that...but otherwise it was a pleasant place to have a little bit nicer than casual dinner. Not what a would call a family style place but not so stuffy that you feel restricted or restrained.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulSocialFanVIPDined on 9/22/2014Old Vinings Inn was absolutely wonderful. I have lived in the neighborhood for 15 years now and the new ownership, new menu and attention to service and customers is outstanding. Great food, great environment, great service.Special Features:
- Great food, great atmosphereLovetoeatfoodDined on 9/14/2014The food is southern cooking and the atmosphere is old charm. The servers were fantastic and the cuisine was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice serviceAnniversaryCoupleDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed the evening. Having drinks at the bar before dinner was fun and inviting. The service was great and they repeatedly recognized that it was our anniversary. It was a nice local evening out.Special Features:
- Born in the SouthSmallPlateManDined on 9/13/2014Traditional Southern Comfort Food with a modern approach and presentation. Everyone working there truly owned the place and wanted to make our visit enjoyable and special. Very open to questions on the menu and willing to make any adjustments you might want or need. They make a great Martini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avril Beckford RowleyAvrilBDined on 9/5/2014A neighborhood gem. Rick the 'barman' is amazing: Great customer service, makes everyone feel at home, chooses great musicians and is so much fun. He is one of the main reasons it is a great place to take family and friendsSpecial Features:
- Relaxed and friendlyAdmiralDined on 9/5/2014For me the Inn conjures up some of the Southern charm of the old Vinings neighborhood. The service was very welcoming and prompt. I would rate the food 3.75. Any subtractions could be due to my selection. I proposed to my wife at Old Vinings Inn (and she accepted!). We look forward to dining there in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJaredDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I ate there while visiting the area. Food, ambiance and service were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern and Gourmet!GFRANKDined on 8/29/2014New management kept some of the old favorites and added some new twists. The Fried Green Tomatoes are the best I've ever had, and I've had them from Dallas to Richmond. Thick sliced, halved, stuffed with goat cheese and lightly battered, they are a unique and fresh take on an old favorite. Trout, Fried Chicken, Tuna, thick cut pork chops...its all good. And, btw, the service is excellent and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relax and EnjoyKirkDined on 8/26/2014My first time here was definitely one to remember! This is surely a neighborhood friendly place to wine and dine. The food tasted great!Special Features:
- Unique twists to southern cookingScooterVIPDined on 8/23/2014Food was outstanding (lamb cooked just right and the veal & shortrib meatloaf was delicious) but the sides to both these dishes were truly unique. The wild mushroom & sweet onion farmhouse bread pudding accompanying the lamb was prepared in a muffin cup and the truffle-herb potato tower accompanying the meatloaf was quite delicious. Good wine list with many wines in the not too high price range. Service was friendly and pleasant. The honey-lime vinaigrette on the house salad was the best!!Special Features:
- Charming place, excellent diningMandmDined on 8/20/2014It was the right place to celebrate my wife's birthday. The food was excellent, the service great and charming, we enjoyed every minute. They take hospitality seriously. Absolutely marvellous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Bad Wait ServiceJimVetDined on 8/19/2014Food was excellent. Service was below scale for a restaurant of this quality. Quick seating and slow to take and deliver initial drink order, appetizers etc. Appetizer to main course timing was good. slow at end. never asked about desert until after check was delivered. very slow serviceSpecial Features:
- Sunday BrunchknowgoodfoodDined on 8/17/2014Lovely historic setting. Delicious, well-prepared and presented dining. Highly recommend trying the Lobster Mac and Cheese Fritters appetizer. It was magnificent and worth the splurge in calories. Their huge burger is to die-for, juicy, cooked to order and dressed with fried green tomato!Special Features:
- Great casual dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014Last Saturday we were looking for something different close to home and decided to give the place a try. Awesome surprise for us. Arrived around 8:30pm and found the bar upstairs in the "attic" portion of the restaurant. Great cozy spot around the corner from the live music. Close enough to hear and enjoy it but far enough that we could have a conversation. Bartender (Uncle Ricky) was fantastic. Introduced himself, asked our names and broke into casual conversation. Menu was clean and a GREAT value. Fried chicken, bacon wrapped oysters and pork chop were all wonderful. Very quiet when we got there but as soon as music started (9pm) the crowd picked up fast. Great mix of couples and parties. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Perfect As Always!DineOutOften321VIPDined on 8/16/2014We never fail to have a great time and meal at Old Vinings Inn.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceMNS618Dined on 8/16/2014Beautiful historic setting for a romantic night out or to gather with friends for a glass of wine. The food is outstanding and the service was very impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On our favorites listbrianburk26Dined on 8/16/2014Great place! First time find for a day date/early dinner and it was.superb! A party of 4. Lobster mac n cheese fritters were so good. I had the meatlof, my wife had shrimp and grits. Both were outstanding. Our guests had scallops and the lamb. Both said they were amazing but wished the lamb serving was bigger. No desserts; only coffee. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerDinnerReviewDined on 8/15/2014I found the menu a bit limited. Only one chicken dish (fried) and the portions were small. The bread did not taste fresh either. The service was very good and it was a very nice location so that is a plus.Special Features:
- Nice BrunchtrwilliamsVIPDined on 8/10/2014Brunch was nice. We loved the Lobster Mac and Cheese Fritters. Will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/9/2014Charming, historic building. Service was excellent, and people (from servers to owners/managers) could not have been nicer. The crabcake was outstanding, and other choices good. They have a kids menu and were very nice to our 7-year-old as well. We did not get to stay to enjoy the upstairs bar/band, but it looked like fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant SurpriseNeighborVIPDined on 8/9/2014It had been years since we had eaten here. We decided to go here for a Sunday brunch. The food was excellent & much better than previous years!! The service was excellent. My husband said it was the best hamburger he had in a long time. I had their Eggs Benedict.Special Features:
- Not Goodsay1944sayDined on 8/2/2014We ordered the calamari, fried green tomatoes, scallops and Lamb ribs. The Calamari and fried tomatoes were very greasy. Scallops had too many spices and I could not eat my ribs. It was noticed by my waitress and she tried to bring me something else. She took it back to the kitchen and said it was nothing but fat. When our bill came, they took my meal off. This was very nice, as I did not complain.Special Features:
- Always Off the ChartRobertDined on 8/2/2014Old Vinings Inn is one of our favorites. The food, service and ambiance couldn't be better. I'd stack it up against any restaurant in Atlanta because as far as I'm concerned, it's off the chart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new fave dinner spot!NanaBVIPDined on 7/28/2014My husband and I try different restaurants throughout the month of July every year. This year OVI was on the list and it did NOT disappoint! From the quiet ambience to the outstanding service, to the AMAZING food, we fell in love with this hidden jewel; so much so that I'm sitting in OVI writing this review as I wait for my food! (The market fish was SO good that we came back 2 days later for a repeat! LOL) Highlights: Our server Drew. We arrived just minutes before the kitchen closed and he gave wonderful recommendations and our food was hot and cooked to perfection. The manager Lee was great. He welcomed us, checked on our satisfaction levels w/the food, and even invited us back for dessert on him! Definitely adding to our faves list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jamabreeze13VIPDined on 7/27/2014The Old Vining Inn was a pleasure to say the least. My wife, niece and I attended for their brunch. My niece and I chose the Fried Shrimp Sandwich while my wife went with the Steak Burger. All choices were excellent and served hot. We did skip dessert but were told later that they have great desserts. Our waiter was Michael and he was very attentive but not over bearing. This is a very special place and if in the Atlanta area it is well worth the visit.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceNummyDined on 7/24/2014We all had different items, and everyone was more than pleased. The speck wrapped tuna was exceptional, as were the desserts, especially the berry cobbler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExtraordinaryPdPRegularDined on 7/19/2014The Old Vinings Inn has been a Vinings maintstay for a long time, but over this last year seems to have hit a high note that few area restaurants can attain. Everything about our dining experience was extraordinary. If you have not visited OVI the past year or two, make a point to visit. You will not be dissappointed.Special Features:
- Southern Birthday supperMonicaDined on 7/17/2014My daughter and I went to this restaurant to have a quiet celebration for her birthday. Since we live four hours apart now, we don't get to see each other often and we just wanted some time to catch up and enjoy each other's presence. Old Vinings Inn had a nice specialty drink selection; we enjoyed the Lady Di, which the manager late told us was named and specially concocted in honor of his wife, named Diane, not the British one, as I had expected. We enjoyed our entrees, the crusted tuna special and the fried chicken with grits and kale. Delish and just the right proportions. We completed our meal with the berry cobbler, a nice finish for a summer Southern dinner. It came complete with a birthday candle and was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.