Old Vinings Inn
3011 Paces Mill Road
Atlanta, GA 30339Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Old Vinings Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oldviningsinn.net/
- Phone: (770) 438-2282
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Monday - Thursday 5pm-9pm
Friday & Saturday 5pm-10pm
Brunch Saturday & Sunday 11:30am-3pm
Attic Bar Monday - Saturday 5pm - til?
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Don Diem
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music Wednesday - Saturday evenings! Visit www.oldviningsinn.net to view the schedule
A word from Old Vinings Inn
In the quaint town of Vinings, steeped in local history, visit one of Atlanta's oldest historic sites. Our charming building dates back to the early 1800's and has been lovingly preserved to provide you with a comfortable and gracious dining experience. The Old Vinings Inn offers Southern cuisine and a carefully selected wine and cocktail list to complement and enhance our Chef's award winning creations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Old Vinings Inn - Best Restaurants in Vinings ›
Old Vinings Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (69)special occasion (54)romantic (48)fit for foodies (40)great for outdoor dining (28)great for brunch (20)great for lunch (18)good for groups (17)notable wine list (17)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (11)scenic view (8)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)Show More
- Joyce H/Harris ThompsonOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/23/2014Celebrating my cousin's birthday at our "go-to" place, The Vinings Inn, recently, was special, as always....Rainy day outside, but good food and attentive service made us forget about the weather. We chose to do brunch on a Sunday and had difficulty selecting our dishes due to the many fine choices .... We liked the slight "New Orleans" touch, mimosas were wonderful, as were our food selections, eggs benedict, etc. They (not listed on menu this way) scrambled one egg for me with other sides - perfect! We will definitely return...... chocolate sponge cake with chocolate shavings and raspberry? drizzle (on the house) to my cousin for her b'day was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch Southern CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014You can't go wrong with anything on the menu. The fried green tomatoes are a must-get from the starters menu. The port braised short ribs are so rich and delicious, it's like a pot roast that's been in the slow cooker all day, but BETTER. The cheddar grits that the cedar plank salmon was served on took me to my happy place. We went with the dessert trio- chocolate torte, pumpkin flan, and apple cobbler. All three equally amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tradition continuesKulinaryKidVIPDined on 11/21/2014Understand it is under new ownership. The tradition of great food and service continues. We had the beef short ribs, the meatloaf, beef stroganoff and the salmon special. All were excellent. The vegetables were all fresh and tasty,a Dan the whipped potatoes to die for. Thee wine the waitress recommended was excellent and went quite well with the entre's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit but definitely won't be the lastOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/21/2014Absolute perfect evening from start to finish. It started in the bar where we met the very personable bartender Rick. He was assisted by Alexis who turned out to be our server for the evening. I can't say enough wonderful things about her. She was friendly but extremely professional, gave great suggestions when we had questions, and helped to make a birthday celebration special. We were very fortunate to be able to eat in the bear room which is a private room with a fireplace. Alexis was assisted by Savannah who was efficient, professional and personable. The charcuterie platter is generous and varied. Two of us enjoyed scallops which were cooked perfectly. One really enjoyed the beef stroganoff and another loved the blackened Mahi special. Old Vinings Inn is our new favorite restaurant in the Vinings areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner / Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014We ordered a bottle of wine from a pretty decent wine list. Nothing too unusual, but several good selections of common varietals. We started with the calamari appetizer, and it was tasty, but very, very salty and the sauce that it was tossed in was very thick and cloying. Would have appreciated a lighter hand on the sauce/salt. For dinner I had the fried chicken, and again it was tasty, but very salty. Now, I'm one for a good deal of salt/seasoning in my food, and if it was salty to me, it was very salty! The chicken was very juicy, and the mashed potatoes and collards were good. My date had the pork chop, and it was delicious, but also salty. I think maybe the chef that night was a little salt crazed. We ordered a chocolate "tart" to take home. It wasn't a tart of any kind I've seen before, and quite small, but for a little chocolate cake, it was fairly moist and tasted good. Overall, had a nice dinner in a romantic setting, with outstanding service. I've been there several times before, and the food had been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jdback23Dined on 11/15/2014Had dinner up in the Attic Bar for the first time. Great food & great service! The Bar staff was attentive and entertaining. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a date and conversationpazuzuVIPDined on 11/10/2014Visiting Atlanta on business and drove about 30 minutes to try some Southern style dishes. Food was very good. Service was great, never felt like i lacked for anything and manager made it a point to check in on us a couple times. That was nice. Perfect for dinner conversation, not too loud. Parking may be a bit tight- we got lucky.Special Features:
- Date nightKevinRDined on 11/10/2014This was our first time diving at Old Vinings Inn. We were looking for a nice quiet place for a date night and this fit the bill perfectly. The food was great and the bar offers some really interesting cocktails. We will be back.Special Features:
- DisappointedPorkchopVIPDined on 11/9/2014In spite of living in Cobb since 1980, I had never been to Old Vinings Inn. My wife and I were disappointed to say the least. The food was ok, but nothing spectacular. They had setups for two large parties inside so we opted to sit outside. The service was subpar. It took forever to get a check because it was infrequent we saw the waitress. When she finally did deliver provide the check she did so in a drive by so I could not give her my credit card. The manager eventually took the bill. She also refused to get change for us so we could tip the valet and provided us incorrect information on how to get change. I doubt we return.
- Great food, OK service, too loud!megwmcclendonDined on 11/8/2014This was my 4th time eating here. Had it been my first, we would probably not return. The food was excellent, but the service was very slow. It took forever to receive our bread, appetizer, and then dessert. We had a 7:45 reservation and left about 9:30. I don't mind long, romantic dinners, but only because of great conversation and not slow service. As the night got later, the band at the upstairs bar was competing with the music in the dining room, that was very distracting as we waited several minutes for our dessert. Again, food was excellent, but the service was slow and music was too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eddiebelleVIPDined on 11/8/2014This place has become one of our favorites since the new owner took over 18 months ago. The food and service is very good and it just has a great feel to the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OVI-Not as good as last timeSkol380Dined on 11/1/2014Somewhat disappointed last Saturday evening at the OVI. The overall experience was not as good as the last time we dined there. I've had better Fried Green Tomatoes, the Crab Cake was luke warm, the Short Ribs were flooded in a sauce that covered over the fatty portion of the ribs. The ribs were good however. KettleOne on the Rocks w/Olives left much to be desired when comparing cost to the same cocktail at Chops, for example, from quantity aspect to the small, tiny olives. We will give OVI another try but will wait sometime before we do....
- foodloversOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Have lived in Atlanta for 15 years and drive by this place all the time, always saying hey we should eat there sometime. So needless to say we finally did for our 11 year wedding anniversary. We honestly had no idea the food would be so fantastic. It was a beautiful meal and we each got very different things so we could each try. Usually when we go that route one meal is overwhelmingly better than the other, however here they were equally wonderful. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 26th anniversaryyayiraDined on 11/1/2014Romantic dinner with my husband. I had the pecan encrusted trout and he had the shrimp and grits. Both were recommendations by Justin our waiter who looked very much like a grown up Harry Potter (cute!) and was very attentive. We were given complimentary dessert and we chose the pumpkin flan. Our appetizer was the Charcuterie plate, we had a coupon from the Marriott Waverly so that was complimentary, too. Everything was spectacular. The appetizer plate had pickled beets and chicken liver spread amongst other goodies, OMG to die for. We were also given a glass of pink champagne to top it all off. We will definitely be back in the future.Special Features:
- Yum, yumKfoodreviewVIPDined on 10/30/2014Celebrated my husband's birthday, and it was a lovely evening. The fried chicken was good, and the scallops were fabulous, as always. The puréed cauliflower was delicious. Our server, Tressa, was very good - attentive but not overbearing. Enjoyed our dinner and our evening---and received 1,000 points on OpenTable.Special Features:
- dmc3VIPDined on 10/27/2014This was a great find. The staff were both friendly and knowledgeable. The food was the highlight of my dinner and I look forward to having the opportunity to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014We experienced a lovely brunch with old friends. The shrimp and grits were very delicious. My friend also enjoyed the eggs Benedict.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would go back againfoodjunkieDined on 10/11/2014Took some friends there for their birthday. It was a perfect evening. Great food, terrific service, and delicious food.Special Features:
- WonderfulKCWCDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I went to dinner for our one year anniversary. We love Old Vinings Inn! The food was wonderful! I got the fried chicken, collards, and grits and he got the salmon and grits. They were SO delicious! The waiter was great too, he brought us a surprise toast of champagne to finish off our dinner :) Great service!I would recommend this to a friend.
- peppercorn8Dined on 10/5/2014new owner new chef new mgr new problems. food doesnt have to be overseasoned totry and make it special.I was spittig out numerous peppercorns from my veal and shortrib meatloaf. I was not able to enjoy the meat for the money not worth it to many other good restaurants
- always niceNickw865Dined on 10/4/2014table and service were fine - it always feels like going to a friend's house for dinner - only slightly-off thing was when we were asked if we wanted separate checks (we were seated as a couple) - filet was ok, dessert was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningDrJ2014Dined on 10/4/2014Drew was super. The trout and lamb chops were awesome. Not crazy about the calamari.Special Features:
- Couldn't have been betterJustDiningDined on 10/4/2014The occasion was my girlfriend's birthday, so I wanted something very nice and romantic: Old Vinings Inn delivered in a big way. We got there a little early because heard great things about the attic bar, and they were all spot on. Rick and Jamie took great care of us, and we immediately felt like regulars. The food was incredible. We started with the mac and cheese fritters and the fried green tomatoes. Both were even better than expected. For the main course we chose the fried chicken and crab cakes, which also were above expectation. Our server went above and beyond and created a custom dessert cocktail for us. Lee was very present and friendly, and has done a great job with the Old Vinings Inn.Special Features:
- katsflatsDined on 9/27/2014The familiar favorite Vinings dining spot just gets better with every new event. Personal greetings from owner to waitstaff welcome you back and make you glad you came. Old favorites like crab cakes are consistently excellent along with some nice fresh surprises.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodDBenedettoVIPDined on 9/27/2014We enjoyed our dinner very much. The atmosphere was great, the food was excellent, prices were reasonable. The waiters were not as professional as we expected, but they were very pleasant and we had a good experience.Special Features:
- ExceptionalPdPRegularDined on 9/26/2014Our visit to Old Vinings Inn was extraordinary. The combination of exceptional food, service, and ambiance is extremely rare indeed, but we found it at Old Vinings Inn. We will be returning on a regular basis.Special Features:
- Anniversary mealIoBlueDined on 9/25/2014This was our first time and we enjoyed our meals and the service. I had the Lady Di's Spring Flower (a gin cocktail) some excellent fried green tomatoes, and the shrimp and grits. My husband had lamb, also tasty. Our server and host were excellent and we had a delicious dessert, which they kindly split in two for us without us even asking. We look forward to coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice but not greatlocalDined on 9/22/2014the staff were very friendly and nice and the place was clean and charming. The food was ok...not great...my scallops were not hot and the combination of flavors with the greens and cornbread croutons was a miss. would not recommend that...but otherwise it was a pleasant place to have a little bit nicer than casual dinner. Not what a would call a family style place but not so stuffy that you feel restricted or restrained.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulSocialFanVIPDined on 9/22/2014Old Vinings Inn was absolutely wonderful. I have lived in the neighborhood for 15 years now and the new ownership, new menu and attention to service and customers is outstanding. Great food, great environment, great service.Special Features:
- Great food, great atmosphereLovetoeatfoodDined on 9/14/2014The food is southern cooking and the atmosphere is old charm. The servers were fantastic and the cuisine was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice serviceAnniversaryCoupleDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed the evening. Having drinks at the bar before dinner was fun and inviting. The service was great and they repeatedly recognized that it was our anniversary. It was a nice local evening out.Special Features:
- Born in the SouthSmallPlateManDined on 9/13/2014Traditional Southern Comfort Food with a modern approach and presentation. Everyone working there truly owned the place and wanted to make our visit enjoyable and special. Very open to questions on the menu and willing to make any adjustments you might want or need. They make a great Martini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avril Beckford RowleyAvrilBDined on 9/5/2014A neighborhood gem. Rick the 'barman' is amazing: Great customer service, makes everyone feel at home, chooses great musicians and is so much fun. He is one of the main reasons it is a great place to take family and friendsSpecial Features:
- Relaxed and friendlyAdmiralDined on 9/5/2014For me the Inn conjures up some of the Southern charm of the old Vinings neighborhood. The service was very welcoming and prompt. I would rate the food 3.75. Any subtractions could be due to my selection. I proposed to my wife at Old Vinings Inn (and she accepted!). We look forward to dining there in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJaredVIPDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I ate there while visiting the area. Food, ambiance and service were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern and Gourmet!GFRANKDined on 8/29/2014New management kept some of the old favorites and added some new twists. The Fried Green Tomatoes are the best I've ever had, and I've had them from Dallas to Richmond. Thick sliced, halved, stuffed with goat cheese and lightly battered, they are a unique and fresh take on an old favorite. Trout, Fried Chicken, Tuna, thick cut pork chops...its all good. And, btw, the service is excellent and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relax and EnjoyKirkDined on 8/26/2014My first time here was definitely one to remember! This is surely a neighborhood friendly place to wine and dine. The food tasted great!Special Features:
- Unique twists to southern cookingScooterVIPDined on 8/23/2014Food was outstanding (lamb cooked just right and the veal & shortrib meatloaf was delicious) but the sides to both these dishes were truly unique. The wild mushroom & sweet onion farmhouse bread pudding accompanying the lamb was prepared in a muffin cup and the truffle-herb potato tower accompanying the meatloaf was quite delicious. Good wine list with many wines in the not too high price range. Service was friendly and pleasant. The honey-lime vinaigrette on the house salad was the best!!Special Features:
- Charming place, excellent diningMandmDined on 8/20/2014It was the right place to celebrate my wife's birthday. The food was excellent, the service great and charming, we enjoyed every minute. They take hospitality seriously. Absolutely marvellous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Bad Wait ServiceJimVetDined on 8/19/2014Food was excellent. Service was below scale for a restaurant of this quality. Quick seating and slow to take and deliver initial drink order, appetizers etc. Appetizer to main course timing was good. slow at end. never asked about desert until after check was delivered. very slow serviceSpecial Features: