Vinings Fish Company
4300 Paces Ferry Road, Suite 150
Vinings, GA 30339Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Vinings Fish Company
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.greatfoodinc.com/
- Phone: 6788889036
- Hours of Operation:
This Restaurant is Closed.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Cliff Webb
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can make your next event a hit with a variety of menus from each of our restaurants.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private room with a full audio/visual setup that can seat up to 30 guests or have a seated dinner in the main dining room for 40 - 60 guests.
- Private Party Contact: John Gore 6788889036
A word from Vinings Fish Company
This Restaurant is closedContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vinings Fish Company reviews from OpenTable diners
- I thought restaurant was overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2012I thought restaurant was overpriced and food was average. The place was empty saturday night at 8 pm. Could it be because of the prices?Special Features:
- The maitre d was very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/14/2012The maitre d was very nice and made sure we were being properly served through out the evening. The wait staff was also very polite and kind. The appetizers offer large portions, including the soup(s). My entree was very good & they even brought me a slice of key lime pie w/ a candle for my birthday! Will be going back!Special Features:
- I loved the atmosphere. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/8/2012I loved the atmosphere. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary. I'd asked for a booth when I made the reservations and we got a great one. We started off fine but as the night progressed our waitress seemed to forget about us. She also suggested my husband get the lobster tail fried. He really regretted that. My food was a bit better, with the grilled crab cakes. We thought maybe they would've offered us something for our wedding anniversary but no, nothing. We may come back but that's not a certainty.Special Features:
- We enjoyed dinner, but thoughtOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012We enjoyed dinner, but thought the prices were a little high.Special Features:
- We have eaten here severalOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/1/2012We have eaten here several times and have always had great food and service. The hush puppies --often not good in Atlanta -- are crispy and tasty. I loved the iceberg wedge this trip. Plus, since we were celebrating an anniversary, they gave us complimentary key lime pie. We had just returned from the Keys and this was as good as any we had down there. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Food was very good, serviceHosKDined on 8/31/2012Food was very good, service was OK but not outstanding. No complaints. We would certainly go back.Special Features:
- Vining Fish Company has allOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2012Vining Fish Company has all the potential to become a comfortable neighborhood hang out. I can see myself returning just to sit at their great bar. The crab cakes were as good as advertised and the shrimp/scallop entre was excellent. Our server was young, attractive and eager to please though a bit inexperienced. Our booth lacked good lighting and a camping lantern was brought to the table. We all agreed that a lighter background color for the menu would make reading it much easier. The desserts were outstanding, we even ordered a second bowl of ice cream! I was told by our dinner companions that this location has seen a number of restaurants come and go. I hope VFC will figure out how to stay, it is a fun place for dinner.Special Features:
- It was OK but Paul's otherSnowyVIPDined on 8/25/2012It was OK but Paul's other restaurant in Buckhead is soo much better; we expected more. We traveled from Johns creek to get here and it was not worth going out of our way for. The food was just so so in fact it was so unmemorable I can not remember what everyone had. The ambiance was subdued not real fancy or memorable. The host was gracious and did come by our table to check on us; but our waiter was not an experienced server and failed to check on us or refill our water etc. Would not recommend.
- Nice patio experience. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/25/2012Nice patio experience. Great Food! Super Location!Special Features:
- The service was incredible,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/25/2012The service was incredible, and not just from our waiter. We really enjoyed the entire night out at Vinings Fish Company and highly recommend it.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our meal here.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2012We enjoyed our meal here. The fish was fresh and the service was good.Special Features:
- After a rocky start (saladOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/6/2012After a rocky start (salad had to be returned because of old, brown and wilted lettuce), the meal progressed nicely. The manager handled the salad incident with aplomb and continued to check to see that everything was good. The server was excellent and the food was good. This was a business dinner and everyone left happy and full! The molten chocolate cake with Bailey's ice cream was a yummy end to a good meal! I will go again and would recommend it!Special Features:
- The manager here does a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/1/2012The manager here does a great job of relating to the customers. Few places get customer attention from a manager and this restaurant is just the right size to allow him to relate to almost everyone that comes in and he has a great personality to do that.Special Features:
- Food was good but serviceGerrybVIPDined on 7/28/2012Food was good but service rushed Also no AC - I think they should have called to warn me
- The food was great but unfortunatelBrealiaVIPDined on 7/28/2012The food was great but unfortunately, the AC was out!!
- Mom's Night Out!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2012We enjoyed a wonderful Mom's Night Out! Dessert and wine, what a great combination!Special Features:
- Excellent food! Ambiance leavesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012Excellent food! Ambiance leaves a little bit to be desired, however. They need to work on their lighting. It was also a lot smaller and more casual than I was anticipating. We dressed up and people were wearing shorts. Was bummed about that. We had a party of 9 and were seated in a separate room off of the bar, so it was very quiet. I didn't get a feel for the noise level in other areas. For a Sat. night, it was not that busy. The rain may have kept people away, though. Our room had a large white contraption by the window--not sure if it was a humidifier, or what. But it really looked tacky. I also didn't care for the virtual aquariums on the wall. If you just want good seafood and don't care about the rest, you will be happy!!
- There was a large group atOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2012There was a large group at the bar for the entire time we were there. The group was extremely loud, yelling, etc. The two of us sitting across the table could not hear eachother because of the group. The service was also very slow.
- DisappointedpawhVIPDined on 7/14/2012We enjoy going to this restaurant. However, this is the 2nd time that we've been disappointed in the entrees. THE CHEF USES TOO MUCH SALT!!!!!!! To the point, where it can be bitter. I had the Chilean Sea Bass and my husband had the Mahi Mahi with Crawfish Risotto. The individual items did not appear to have salt but the sauces used were over salted. Will probably give the restaurant another try in a couple of months. If this recurs, I'll expect not to have to pay for the dinner!
- could have been betterOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/7/2012We were disappointed. The restaurant was half full -- we made a reservation requesting a booth. Rather than asking us to wait for a few minutes for one to clear she put us at a table in the center of the room -- which I dislike. She said everyone wanted a booth -- but not everyone had made a reservation requesting a booth and having that be ignored. She did come back and move us in about tw0 minutes because of the one that cleared. And, on a Saturday night, they were very empty all night. Service was so - so. Could not find server to get glasses refilled or any other requests in a timely manner. Both of us had shrimp -- his fried and mine herb crusted. They were well prepared but not served with the lemon butter sauce on the menu
- We enjoyed our experienceHarveVIPDined on 7/6/2012We enjoyed our experience at Vining Fish Company. We were not impressed with the interior design and felt that it was simply missing something. A bit on the pricey side, but a good choice when in the mood for fish.
- Only reason ambiance got poorOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/30/2012Only reason ambiance got poor was bc the AC in the restaurant was broken and we weren't told prior to checking in.
- Enjoy their 4-6pm, 1/2 offladolcevitaatlantaVIPDined on 6/26/2012Enjoy their 4-6pm, 1/2 off price appetizers deal. For dinner the Red Snapper with crawfish risotto was excellent. Service was friendly and attentive. Disappointed with the homemade Key Lime Pie. Been there twice and the food has been good on both occasions.Special Features:
- We celebrated my husband'sOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/21/2012We celebrated my husband's birthday at Vinings Fish Company. Both our meals were outstanding and among the best we have had in Atlanta. The management and service staff were interested in making sure we enjoyed our food and our evening. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Starter (crab-cake) and desertcrashmeisterDined on 6/18/2012Starter (crab-cake) and desert were excellent. Main course was disappointing - over cooked. Waiter was friendly and efficient. Restaurant was not busy when we were there.
- Fresh Fish -- great findtaketimetosmelltherosesDined on 6/17/2012Fresh fish in a great atmosphere. Happy to see a reasonably priced fish restaurant in the area.Special Features:
- I had been to this restaurantLovinFlipFlopsDined on 6/14/2012I had been to this restaurant once previously and it was average. This time the food was outstanding. The flounder and crawfish risotto were delicious. Added bonus was that there was jazz concert in Vinings Jubilee courtyard so we were able to enjoy the music while dining al fresco!
- We had a very nice familyOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/13/2012We had a very nice family birthday dinner here. Everyone up front and at the bar was very friendly. All of the food was excellent. The atmosphere could have been a little better or more vibrant for a special occosian as far as the dining room goes. We will be back.Special Features:
- The snapper was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/12/2012The snapper was outstanding. The mahi mahi was pretty good as well.
- The food was great! The crabOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/11/2012The food was great! The crab cakes were the best I have had around town. It a great spot for a nice dinner. The outside setting was cool just no view of any thing but the parking lot. So sitting outside is no big deal.Special Features:
- We expected the ambience toOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/2/2012We expected the ambience to be more up-scaled! The food was okay, though my husband's salmon and spinach came out cold - we sent it back. I guess based on the location (Vinings!) and the price of dinners, we expected somethng more.
- Interior was disappointing;OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/26/2012Interior was disappointing; much like a re-vamped family-style restaurant with booths and cheap art. The outside dining was nicer, but a little crowded.Special Features:
- Nice MealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/26/2012Went to Vinings Fish Co for the first time for a celebration dinner. The restaurant, like many others in the Vinings area, hit a nice sweet spot of being a more upscale than average dining experience without being too fancy or expensive. We started with the Fried Green tomatoes and beet salad and had the surf and turf (broiled lobster tail) and shrimp and scallops for entrees. Everything we ordered tasted great and seemed to be good quality and very well prepared, which is not always easy with seafood. The location is convenient and the service was attentive. The ambiance is ok - it has some nice touches but doesn't put it all together. Overall, I would recommend this to anyone in the area.Special Features:
- Disappointing 1st VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/26/2012Meal was disappointing. Lacked flavor & presentation. Best part were the biscuits. One other disappointing factor is they add a standard 20% service charge to every bill which provides no inventive for the staff to provide great service. Would not recommend & won't return.
- We had a party of eight celebratingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/23/2012We had a party of eight celebrating a graduation. Everyone loved their food and the portions were plentiful. The biggest hit of the night were the fried shrimp. Best anyone ever had! The service was excellent. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Special attention!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/21/2012Our first trip was wonderful. Service and food was great. Love the location. Extra effort was made to help my wife (food allergies)have a stress free exceptional meal.Special Features:
- Great Find..AtlantaFoodieVIPDined on 5/19/2012The food and service were wonderful, along with a very friendly staff. Ask for the outdoor patio.....Special Features:
- A Vinings Must TryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/18/2012The food is delicious. I am surprised there wasn't a larger crowd for a Friday night. It has to be because others have yet to discover the wonderful dishes at this Vinings restaurant. And the cocktails are incredible. They are worth the visit alone.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed the meal. QualityPlace2revisitDined on 5/12/2012Really enjoyed the meal. Quality of food was great.Special Features:
- Very NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/11/2012I took my mom here for Mother's Day weekend. We both loved it. Every staff member we encountered was friendly and kind. The manager even gave my mom a Mother's Day hug on the way out which she loved.Special Features: