Vineyard Steakhouse & Skybar
1000 Texan Trail
Grapevine, TX 76051Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Vineyard Steakhouse & Skybar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vineyardsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 8173286111x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday- Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sky Bar: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday 4:00pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chef Cris Williams
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private rooms for meetings, presentations and special events.
A word from Vineyard Steakhouse & Skybar
Welcome To The Vineyard Steakhouse. We are a casual elegant Texas Steak House proudly serving only the best Prime Beef that money can buy with a variety of seafood dishes and seasonal specialties as well as classic sides and housemade desserts. Our wine list boasts over 200 varietals that will be sure to please any palate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vineyard Steakhouse & Skybar reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (1)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Closed for RepairsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014*****************Great restaurant, but closed for repairs. *****************************************Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was closed down. Please updateOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014Please update your list and remove Vineyard Steakhouse from you reservation list as you can not make a reservation to a resturant that is closed. I was frustrating to find that out at 7:00pm when we arrived and not being from Grapevine, we did not have any options planned.
- Are you kidding me?BobGDined on 5/11/2014I made a reservation for six at this restaurant for Easter Sunday and was called a few days in advance to say my reservation was cancelled due to cirumstances beyond the restaurant's control. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and made reservations for six for Mother's Day brunch and was called two days in advance to say my reservation was cancelled again, and I couldn't believe it. I will never go back to this restaurant again. These occurences were not happy ones!
- It was closedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/10/2014Although we were able to book a reservation on Open Table, the place was closed for remodeling. Seems like Open Table should have been aware of that.
- The following 377 reviews are from the Vineyard Steakhouse & Skybar reviews archive.
- Food missed the mark.FirstTimeDined on 4/10/2014Great service. Interesting wine list. Bad news is the food was not prepared well. Four steaks at our table and three were wrong temperature. Another sent back soup that was very salty. Carrot cake was ice cold in middle. Food just seemed like it was not professionally prepared. Don't think I would go back.
- I had asked for them to havefladinerDined on 4/5/2014I had asked for them to have a yellow rose at the table for a special anniversary in which they did.they were very polite and I could not have asked for any better service.i was very satisfied with their friendly attitude throughout the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hostess was rude, but allOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/28/2014hostess was rude, but all in all good food, restaurant looks a little outdatedI would recommend this to a friend.
- Calamari to die forBoxerMelDined on 3/14/2014We love their calamari. It's by far the best we have ever had. The lobster macaroni and cheese is also very good. We were disappointed that they no longer offer the complimentary glass of champagne to start the meal. We were there to celebrate a birthday so they included it for us anyway, so that was very nice. And the birthday desert was amazing. It was some kind of molten chocolate cake and ice cream. The perfect way to end a nice meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy!WeezaDined on 3/1/2014With a fairly open restaurant, we were placed right next to the noisiest table in the place! Our waiter just happened to be the host and he didn't respond when we asked about seating in the larger section which has great high back lounge style tables. Not wanting to make a fuss I did not pursue a change. But, as soon as we finished our dinner we were all ready to get check and take a chance on a quieter spot in the Skybar! The ambiance and service was great in the Skybar with a fire pit. Food was definitely worth the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot for a Date NightsandyDined on 2/15/2014The Vineyard Steakhouse & Skybar is a great date night spot. It is a bit pricy for a regular night out, but wonderful for a romantic birthday, anniversary, or other special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014We had a great Valentine's Day at Vineyard Steak house. Food was really great. We just needed to wait more time than our scheduled reservation to get a table. Place was full pack since it was Valentine's Day. Would love to go back & try the Sky Bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had gone here two yearsMikeDined on 2/14/2014We had gone here two years ago for Valentine's day and it was great. This time was not a good of experience. Not seated until 20 minutes after reservation, it was not in the dining area, but in the upper bar like area. Order not taken for 20 minutes. Complementary champagne not offered till after order taken. 25 minutes till the first course came, and 30 min. from the time the first was finished till the second came out. (second was soup, so there was not too much prep involved). Waitress was nice, but would continually pass by the area without seeing that we didn't have any food/drink. Brought bread to the table, she only brought one piece. (one slice for two to share?) Steak was good, but I will not go here for a special occasion again.
- Potentially, great - will try againtjlindyDined on 2/14/2014I'll preface this review with the acknowledgement that Valentines evening on a Friday is not a great time to judge any restaurant. Arrived at 7:45 for a 8:00 reservation and checked in. We waited at the bar - Cheryl was great and made excellent martinis - however, there were constant cold drafts from the back door - not great placement of the bar and door. At 9:00, I checked in again and was finally taken to a table. A $75 per person price fixed menu of three course was offered. With a $45 bottle of wine, $60 bar tab (two martini's each) - the evening was over $300. The food was good, but the portions small. My steak had to be sent back, and on return - the vegetables were cold. Pricing was III Forks level, but not the experience.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day MassacreBryanDined on 2/14/2014People were being seated an hour past their reservation times. Kitchen was very backed up, and when your food came it was dropped on your table and off the server went. Didn't bother asking you to cut into your steak to check to see if it was cooked appropriately. Soup was dropped off with no garnish whatsoever. Dirty glasses. No silver on table. No spoon for soup. Awful. Awful. Awful.
- ValentineshersheyskissDined on 2/14/2014It's a nice place but we were surprised that they were not prepared for the Valentine's rush. Made a 7:45 reservation but didn't end up being seated until after 8:15. This was also after going up to the desk twice to ask for a timeframe. They also seemed to be confused about seating in general.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentina's DisappointmentAnnnnieeDined on 2/14/2014We understand that any special occasions will draw crowds and don't really mind waiting as long as the service we get is good. This was the worst I have experienced in a while. The sommelier was personable, the food was excellent. It's a shame the waitress was horrible. Our first course was good but I noticed that the other tables had bread, and we did not so had to ask for it. We waited for our second course, but it never came and next thing you know, our main courses were served. When I told the waitress we had never received our soup, she said "Oh,do you still want it?" It was served in the middle of our main course. It really soured the Valentine experience. The dessert was good and the rose they presented with it was a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth the MoneyKbellDined on 2/14/2014Disappointed we spent our Valentines night here. Booked on OpenTable and didn't realize there was a set menu for $75pp. I didn't care for several items listed. Poor choices and they even messed up the dessert menu and you only got one per couple. Hostess was nigcebut service wasn't great. Ordered drinks and the waitress forgot them...never offered bread, had to ask twice. Several dishes were dropped including a hole tray down the stairs. Waitress had to run down the stairs to get food. I'm not one what ever complains or gives feed back but we were really disappointed after wanting to try this place for a very long time and having enjoyed the sky bar several times (didn't know we'd be sitting in the bar room to eat).Special Features:
- There was an extension cordOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014There was an extension cord on the patio and the small bar on the first floor was more of a wordage room. We were seated in the large meeting room so I was disappointed in the ambiance. I really like the main dining room. Sky Bar is nice except for seating. Maybe one sofa but it's difficult to sit and talk on the sofas.Special Features:
- Valentines Day ExperienceALemireDined on 2/14/2014I do not eat cows milk products. My husband chose this restaurant to surprise me since they had goat cheese options. When we arrived we were disappointed to find the fixed menu. I asked if I could have vegetables, not the asagio risotto with my entree. At first the waitress said “no, this is a fixed menu” then I explained my dietary need, she said she would ask the chef. I expected her to assure me that it would be taken care of but she never did. We were brought parmesan bread. I assumed that it was the “house” bread. While waiting for our dessert I noticed tables with other kinds of bread. We were served cheese bread twice even though I expressed that I did not eat cheese. The wait staff was not attentive, our entrees were boring.
- Our Anniversary Dinner PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/8/2014This has been "Our Anniversary Dinner" restaurant for a while. Tops for steaks in our area including the competition from the local resort that starts with a "G" at their upscale steak restaurant "Old H".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was it closed?BusinessTravelerVIPDined on 2/4/2014Every time I have been there it has been packed so I made a reservation. When I got there at 730p on a Tuesday, we were literally the only patrons. Steak was great, as were the veggies. Server didn't seem to have much of a grasp on the wine, so we rolled dice. We didn't lose, but we didn't win on that.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful place to go!peacevwDined on 1/27/2014This was our first time here. The food was fresh and delicious, and the staff was amazing. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect service and ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/23/2014Great place for romantic dinner, special occasion with the family, business dinner, or dinner out with the girls. The speakeasy room is perfect for our girls night for our moms group. Food is always tasty. Service was friendly and attentive yet not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Overall this is a great steak restaurant. The food is excellent and the location is convenient with an excellent view. I visited this restaurant on New Year's Eve, so they had a special menu, which was a bit pricey, but still a good foodie experience.Special Features:
- Good ExperiencefrenchfriesDined on 12/31/2013This was our first time dining at Vineyard. Sevice was great, very friendly staff. Food was good. General Manager was up front and center making sure guests were happy. Also enjoyed the complimentary New Year's Eve champaign. Thank you Vineyard.Special Features:
- New YearsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Had a good offering on limited menu for NYE! Christian our waiter suggested a great Cab for our meal and was very accommodating! This was my second time and my dates first. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was very nice.1040Dined on 12/31/2013Everything was very nice. We have dined there several times. We were very pleased with our choice for New Years Eve.Special Features:
- SatisfyingKandCDined on 12/24/2013We enjoyed our dining experience; the restaurant was not crowded, we were seated promptly, the wait staff was friendly, service was good, menu selection was varied, and the meals were tasty. We will return for a special dining occasion; however, the price structure is above our particular budget for routine dining out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was Outstanding. SteaksYODADined on 12/23/2013Service was Outstanding. Steaks Fantastic but $$$. Ambiance a bit cold with faux rocks protruding from a way too shiny pained walls. This place needs some wood. It's a 'steak house' and steak houses are supposed to exude warmth, classic classiness and elegance. I'm guessing the owner wanted the place to look 'cool'. He succeeded! Would I go again? Yup. For the steak alone. I've had far worse meat in way fancier joints. Now if they could just marry the meat and the elegance, this place would be perfect. Get the deviled eggs & lobster Mac.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this restaurant!KHanebuttVIPDined on 12/18/2013This was our third time to Vineyard SH and it was just as great as the first two times! The deviled eggs are the best in the DFW area....pulled pork with crispy onion strings on top! Yum! Our steaks were excellent and the sides were great! My fav was the lobster Mac n cheese!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Management... Bad Experience...RFJSouthlakeDined on 12/14/2013We have been to Vineyard a number of times. We met the new manager who indicated he was hired to "turn things around..." It was my wife's birthday and we had a bad experience - the wine we selected (twice) was not available after more than 30 minutes of searching. Manager finally cut us a deal on an average bottle of red... One of our steaks was seriously rare (when ordered "medium") and our table was in the middle of Grand Central Station. Give the new manager a couple of months to get his team in order. Hopefully the place will make a comeback.Special Features:
- The restaurant was very nicepiggywiggyDined on 12/12/2013The restaurant was very nice and the staff was very good. I had the caesar salad and the scallops. Both were very good. My husband had the steak and it was very well cooked. I found that all was very pricey, I would only eat here for a very special occasion. Too expensive.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceBubbaDined on 12/11/2013My wife and I have driven by the Vineyard frequently and always noted that we should try it out...we finally did and what a treat. We had a great experience at all levels; food (quality, preparation, selection), service (timeliness, friendliness, professional, knowledgeable, patient) and management (professional, interactive, interested in our experience, friendly). My wife and I dine out about 2-3 times per week and I am certain that we will be including the Vineyard as one of our regular restaurants. I will also be sure to mention your restaurant to my friends in the area. I was not able to visit the Skybar on our visit but will very soon. Thanks to the entire staff for a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Expensive for the AmbienceNikiDined on 11/29/2013Prices way higher than the sister restaurants. Cheap setting making a possibly nice Ambience unachievable. The mushrooms had a ton of salt...and that is a rating from a salt lover. The server replaced them with what she thought was a lot less salt, but no way, they had to be the same mushrooms that we originally had. Lower your prices...significantly, and taste your own food before serving.
- Birthday Dinnercavalier2Dined on 11/23/2013The set up for this restaurant is very strange, located in the bottom floor of an office building. No valet parking Don't plan on a great wine list from this place. Our food was OK, but the quantity for the price makes it insanely expensive. I ordered the duet which was supposed to be filet and shrimp. I got two very small pieces of filet (perhaps 3" in diameter) and ONE shrimp. the server asked if we wanted desert. I had seen a server with a desert tray and had heard the other server mention pumpkin cheesecake. It would have been so much nicer if we could have viewed the choices as the other tables were offered. This restaurant does not compare to others in this same category as Silver Fox, JR's or Eddie V's.
- Great BarFingersVIPDined on 10/22/2013We actually had dinner upstairs in the Skybar. Perfect weather, outstanding service and great food. The bar had a large group in while we were finishing up so the noise level was high. The staff was very accommodating and easy to talk to. I think this place would be great just for a happy hour get together or a large group dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerKingDined on 10/19/2013Everything was great as usual! We brought friends here for the first time for their birthday and they loved it! Look forward to be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food and a Great EveningIndyPinkBirdDined on 10/19/2013We ate here with our son and his wife. Our steaks were delicious! The items on the menu were outstanding. We went up to the Sky bar after dinner and had a drink and enjoyed the view. It was a bit cold, so some outdoor heaters would have helped or another fire pit. Overall, it was a perfect meal for a perfect evening. It was a celebration for us, and everything was perfect. Great wine selections, too!Special Features:
- VineyardSummervacaDined on 10/12/2013Food was very good - we got the couple 59.95 special for 2 - lots of food -- wine was great as well as coatails - Mark is was a great guy to meet and very friendly -- Red velvet cake was a killerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time was picture perfectBravoDined on 10/12/2013Service and food was well above the average steak house. We will definitely be making this our go-to place to dine. Great job vineyards!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.