Vines Grille and Wine Bar
7533 W. Sand Lake Road
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Vines Grille and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vinesgrille.com/
- Phone: (407) 351-1227
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
Happy Hour Everyday: 4pm - 7pm in our Bar & Lounge area
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Jazz every evening
A word from Vines Grille and Wine Bar
Discover one of Orlando’s premier upscale restaurant and jazz lounge located on the famed ‘Restaurant Row’, minutes from the convention center. Offering an unsurpassed dining experience in an intimate Chicago style ambiance. Specializing in PRIME USDA BEEF, FRESH FISH & SEAFOOD, cooked over live charcoal. Also featuring an impressive selection of fine wines from around the globe, with live jazz performances daily, great martinis & various chef selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Vines Grille and Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Vines Grille and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (39)notable wine list (37)vibrant bar scene (36)romantic (34)fit for foodies (25)good for groups (20)hot spot (19)neighborhood gem (13)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Wonderful- as expected!Birthday2Dined on 11/21/2014We love Vines for everything it is, elegant yet comfortable. Service comparable to New Yorks's finest and food that is always amazing. The prices match the quality so we never mind paying the higher than average prices. Vines always goes the ex tra mess sure for good service, twice now including a table side serenade! We love and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bartender mixed drinks were poor.B52GIRNDined on 11/15/2014The bartender mixed drinks were poor. You know what you suppose to get for $12 plus drink .the martini wasn't even close. Typical at a busy bar but the diffence in a super busy bar is every drink is special. Hire an additional bartender on busy nightsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but very priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014We had crab cakes as a starter and they were delicious. My steak and potatoes were good but as steak is their specialty, I would have expected it to be better. My wife had the salmon and said it was excellent. The wine selection was vast, but expect to pay at least double the price of the wine store down the street.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceSigmaDined on 11/11/2014We booked for 12 and turned up with 23. All our extra people were accommodated even though the place was already full. Great service and the food was talked about all the next day - the seafood was extra special. Staff were super helpful with suggestions. A great experience and definitely one to return to.Special Features:
- Fantastic all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014This restaurant had amazing food, and a great wine list. We had live music that accompanied dinner in a great environment. Service was also beyond great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service!DebOrlandoDined on 10/30/2014We've been to Vines before - service is always outstanding, with two waiters taking care of your every need. I ordered lamb which unfortunately came out not cooked enough. They immediately took my plate back to the kitchen and within minutes brought back a perfectly cooked meal. My husband had one of the seafood specials that was very good. There was a jazz band playing that was also very good, though a bit loud. The overall atmosphere of the restaurant is very upscale and appealing.Special Features:
- Disappointing - sorry !!!!!MikeDined on 10/29/2014We were disappointed with Vines. Although the live jazz band in the bar was very good, we came for a restaurant experience and we could not hear each other speak over the noise. Although some locals were enjoying the bar scene, the restaurant itself was dead and only 3 tables were occupied and the restaurant lighting was very dim. The service was good though. We loved the grilled octopus and the steak and sea bass were good but the herb roasted potatoes were swimming with oil and the lobster risotto under the sea bass was bad. We also ate here in the summer and the food was much better then. If you are looking for good jazz music, you will enjoy Vines but apart from the octopus, the food itself is unremarkable.Special Features:
- BaconOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/26/2014You get 2 great bartenders, a very different (at least to me) and good Manhattan and..... bacon as the bar snack!!! How does it get better?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Family Celebration.mazoneDined on 10/25/2014This restaurant was very nice! Would definitely go again. The noise level is a bit much (not including the live band) and it was very cold! We were a party of 4 and all of our meals were delicious! Cooked to perfection. We had a hard time getting a bottle of wine, seemed as if every bottle we selected they did not have in stock, but did finally get one. All in all a great experience, and would recommend. pricey though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and Quality Outstanding29yearsDined on 10/25/2014Chose Vines to celebrate our wedding anniversary and could not have picked a better restaurant. The food was superb and the live jazz band made a nice ending to our night.Special Features:
- Restaurant Row GemSamBDined on 10/24/2014Arrived to find Jazz musicians performing in the bar but were quickly taken to our table. I'd consider this a lively restaurant for sure. I liked the limitations they put on the cuts of steaks they offer and I enjoyed my Oscar Filet. Calamari was a great appetizer. Service was just OK for me. I get this restaurant is as much about their wine as it is their steak but we asked our waiter about some of the house cocktails and he really had no idea, which is fine but he could have gone and asked someone who did know more about them. I got the distinct impression that our server wanted to just write down what we wanted but didn't want to help us with the menu or guide us in any way, I felt that he felt frustrated by us and that was a shame because regardless of what a server thinks of their customers I'd prefer it if they didn't show it. Don't get me wrong he was polite and he did exactly what a server should do. It's not an intimate dining place but it's still good for couples who appreciate that scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hostess inflexibleOutoftowndinersDined on 10/24/2014Food, server, wine v good. Music from the bar Loud but accepted that coming in. I had 2nd res later in wk for large group visiting for a conference, but am canceling mainly due to inflexibility of the hostess on duty. We arrived 8pm and when seated asked for a different table in the center of the dining room, where several were still unoccupied. We first asked our waiter who came back and said "all were reserved". Then I went to the hostess and asked and she said she made the seating chart for the night and would not change it or allow us to move. She admitted the tables were not specifically reserved. Shortly after she seated people in those open tables and all opportunity was lost. Seemed so simple a request denied.Special Features:
- Perfect Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/13/2014My boyfriend and I were in Orlando for vacation and wanted to end our trip with a romantic dinner. Vines was perfect! The restaurant was busy however the noise was moderate, we were able to have an intimate conversation without feeling like people could hear what we were talking about. The wine list was extensive, with wines by the glass, half carafe and bottle. We had 3 waiters assigned to us and we never had to ask for anything. The food was amazing. The only thing that prevents me from giving 5 stars is I ordered for the peppercorn sauce for my filet but never received it. I didn't ask for it as the steak was cooked and flavored well enough that I didn't need any extra. We both left completely satisfied. I would definitely visit again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Really enjoyed our medal here. The food and wine were outstanding. Service was excellent. Strongly recommend it for those looking for a great mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent overall experience!PickyEaterVIPDined on 10/7/2014I had been to Vines but this was a first for having dinner in the dining room. The service was great and the food was delicious. I will definitely go back and take friends! It was also good to see that they were super busy on a Tuesday night.Special Features:
- Outstanding foodJerseyFoodieDined on 10/5/2014My wife and I visited Vines from out of town (New Brunswick, New Jersey). Having been used to eating at Stage Left and Catherine Lombardi's where the food never disappoints, we had high expectations - they were surpassed. Every component of our night was superb - from the perfectly cooked grilled octopus appetizer to the lively jazz band playing, Vines was a wonderful and romantic dining experience. If I'm ever in the Orlando area again, I will definitely visit Vines Grille and Wine Bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceJackieBDined on 10/4/2014Had my birthday celebration here and it was a very pleasurable experience. The service was phenomenal. I will be returningSpecial Features:
- Pay more expect lessWinterParkgirlDined on 10/3/2014I made a reservation on Open Table for a dinner here to celebrate my husband's birthday. The res was for 7 pm. on a Friday night. We arrived on time and were promptly seated. The dining room was 75% empty when we arrived and almost as empty and hour and a half when we left. A Frank Sinatra style band was playing and they were excellent. The steak was ok, but tasted a little like propane and the sides were cold. (Our dining and leisure budget for the two of us is 30,000/year and we are familiar with good food, value and service. Vines doesn't hold up to its competition.) Convention goers must be the ones who keep this place alive. The man seated behind my husband was practically shirtless. That set the mood for the evening. No Dress Code?Special Features:
- Jazz and Steaks- yes, please!McFly5585VIPDined on 9/26/2014I had been to the bar side of Vines previously and really enjoyed the small plate options and the full plated dinner experience was no different. As our server explained to us, they are "the top steakhouse" in the area, and while I did not order a steak, if the Pork Osso Bucco is any indication, they know how to prepare meat. The wine list is quite extensive- I am talking a book with lots of categories- but there is the option to order a half bottle; good option to try a wine without getting a whole bottle. The entertainment is also fun and energetic- who doesn't love a Frank Sinatra-type crooner with dinner?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Overall experience was good. The steak was excellent. The other food was just okay. For the price you expect everything to be above and beyond which may be difficult. The table we had was in front of a door to a separate room which had some traffic in and out. We asked to be moved but they said they needed the other tables, however the other tabes were never filled. That was disappointing. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- A Nice MealBuckCRNADined on 9/13/2014Had a great meal at this location. Our board had a private room in the back. Service great, willing to accommodate special requests.Special Features:
- Good but....StephMVIPDined on 9/13/2014it wouldn't have taken much to make this place great! We were dining with a Travelzoo deal which made it a lot better value for money. 3 of the 4 of us asked for 12oz center cut filets and none of us got a center cut. When we asked about it, we were fobbed off with an excuse that the chef takes the 12oz cuts from the ends and not from the center - we think it was more to do with the coupon! But the steaks did taste great. Sides of brussel sprouts, beets and goat cheeses were fantastic, not the best sweet potato fries I've ever had so stay away from those. Salads a little on the small side (again could have been the coupon!) Calamari starter was good but not as good as Ruth's Chris. A little disappointed as this was our first visit.Special Features:
- restaurant row gemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014great spot on restaurant row. nice bar area with nightly jazz group. food is excellent service top notch. would recommend for a special occasion or romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Very expensive for a strip center.TJoyceVIPDined on 9/10/2014I think you go to Vines for the music and bar scene and not for the food. Not that the food wasn't outstanding but it was very expensive. Vines is not located in Manhattan yet they have Manhattan food prices. The wine list was very extensive yet very expensive. The days of unlimited expense accounts are over. Even business dinners have limits.Special Features:
- Good potential, but not quite thereGr8FoodVIPDined on 9/8/2014Great place to have a drink with live jazz (even on a Monday night). The dining side, however, isn't what it could be. Started with very enjoyable bread. Bottle of white wine we ordered was very warm - had to wait 15-20 minutes more for it to be chilled. Shrimp bisque was tasty, but exceptionally runny (like broth). Very good quality steaks, but not prepared to requested temperature (ordered medium rare and received very rare, almost Pittsburgh). Took almost an hour from the soup to get an undercooked steak and sides. Sides were very good. Overall, the service was very slow and somewhat inattentive (when the dining room was less than half full). Has great potential, but for what we experienced, it was way overpriced.Special Features:
- BuenisimoGuayoptyDined on 9/6/2014No pense encontrar en Orlando un restaurante de calidad estilo Chicago, Houston o NY. Lo recomiendo.Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodIrishgirl1Dined on 9/6/2014Had a wonderful dining experience at the Vines/ Third visit there. It just keeps getting better. Food and service incredible . Bacon snack at the bar a nice touch. We will be back next time we are in the area.Special Features:
- Disappointing at BestWGreviewerVIPDined on 8/31/2014After looking forward to visiting Vines, we were disappointed by some of the food and especially by the management who refused to come by our table after we asked to speak with them twice. The wine menu was appetizing with lots of good choices - so if we ever go back, it will likely be just for drinks.Special Features:
- Just OkKyleDined on 8/23/2014The sea bass was good. The rest of our meal was just ok. It is not worth the prices you pay. They are known for their steaks but they were average. They have a faint wine list but good luck picking the right one. They do not have half of what they say they offer. Your best bet is to find a different restaurant to spend the money you will at vines.Special Features:
- Romantic DinnerFoodiesDined on 8/22/2014This place was amazing. We had 7:30 reservations and got there a little early so sat at the bar for a couple of cocktails. the bartender was really great at describing her drinks and made 2 of her best recommendations. There was a piano player and a gentleman singing in the bar area that made for a romantic ambiance. We sat in the main dining room next to an elevated fireplace. Next time I would request seating at one of their half circle booths. We had the Grilled Octopus that was Amazing. Wish they made it as a main course. The Pork Occa Buco literally fell of the bone. It was such a large portion we shared it. It was unbelievable. Our wait staff was very attentive but not over the top. Wonderful experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerDoebriggsDined on 8/19/2014Went for anniversary dinner and was blown away by the ambiance, decor and wait staff. Food was excellent. Loved the band!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensiveNeveragainDined on 8/19/2014Live band was way too loud for the size of the restaurant. They use two waiters per table; a mistake. They clearly were not in communication with each other. We went for a anniversary dinner and were seated next to a family where the child was licking the mothers plate and also running around. For the price you pay here that behavior is unacceptable and the staff should have responded. They didn't.
- great meal!mysterychefVIPDined on 8/15/2014Went to Vines for the summer special, the were out of the whole lobster but subbed a lobster tail for the same price ( should have been 2 tails for the size. the waiter seemed a little off at first but then became much more attentive. The food was spectacular! loved he steak, lobster risotto, asparagus cooked just perfectly! Will be returning ! they have live music and it was a great band, nice to hear that while dining. It puts you in mind of an old fashioned supper club, speakeasy type of place.Special Features:
- Amazing!JenGDined on 8/8/2014I am so glad that someone reccommended Vines Grille and Wine Bar to me. The food was absolutely incredible and the service was wonderful. We were in town for the weekend for my boyfriend's birthday and they made it a very special meal. I could not be more pleased. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Overpricingler7135Dined on 8/8/2014Great experience overall , will repeat.Bar ambiance with oldies jazz excellent.Only concern was the overprize wines,there is ample space to make reasonable adjustments which will make drinking more bottles.Special Features:
- The following 742 reviews are from the Vines Grille and Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Just Awesome!!!VeryHappyVIPDined on 7/26/2014We enjoy everything about Vines - the food, the service, the ambience, and the music ... Always a special occasion @ Vines :)Special Features:
- Expensive but greatLuckyDined on 7/26/2014The food was fantastic and the live music as well. Yes, this was an expensive meal but there should be no shock when the bill comes if you can do basic math. The baratta was phenomenal-I've never had fresh mozzarella before. The French Onion soup and Ceasar salad were great. The filet was certainly worth the price but I have to say the gnocchi and the beets were the star of the show. The dessert menu was disappointing but the Kiona ice wine from Washington state was a great alternative. The service wasn't uptight or stuck up as you might expect for the prices. Vinny made us feel comfortable and was very knowledgable. If I could afford a $200+ dinner more often I would certainly make Vines a regular treatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great wine, but priceyPatrickDined on 7/20/2014Service was good. The seabass and steak were delicious. However, the restaurant is very expensive. Two entrees, a side, and a relatively cheap bottle of wine cost close to $200.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/16/2014Great Music and service and food. We went on a Wednesday and it was not too busy. The price was on the high end but well worth it with a great wine list, fantastic Jazz and very helpful waiters.Special Features:
- Not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/12/2014Billed as one of the best wine lists in Orlando by the Ritz-Carlton concierge...well, maybe, if they had anything on the list. Our server greeted us quickly and we started looking for wines. That was when the problems occurred. It took several attempts and "checking" multiple times to find something they actually had. Nothing that we ordered from the list was actually available. In the end, they did discount the champagne to a lower price of something similar after I finally said, "just take this list away and tell me what you do have". The cab we ordered was not the vintage listed either. We all had steaks and they were fine, nothing to write home about...sides were fine, too. The experience was killed at the outset. Bummer.Special Features: