Vines Grille and Wine Bar
7533 W. Sand Lake Road
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Vines Grille and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vinesgrille.com/
- Phone: 4073511227x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
Happy Hour Everyday: 4pm - 7pm in our Bar & Lounge area
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Jazz every evening
A word from Vines Grille and Wine Bar
Discover one of Orlando’s premier upscale restaurant and jazz lounge located on the famed ‘Restaurant Row’, minutes from the convention center. Offering an unsurpassed dining experience in an intimate Chicago style ambiance. Specializing in PRIME USDA BEEF, FRESH FISH & SEAFOOD, cooked over live charcoal. Also featuring an impressive selection of fine wines from around the globe, with live jazz performances daily, great martinis & various chef selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Vines Grille and Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Vines Grille and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (44)notable wine list (39)special occasion (38)vibrant bar scene (28)fit for foodies (17)neighborhood gem (16)late-night find (13)hot spot (13)good for groups (13)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Good but....StephMVIPDined on 9/13/2014it wouldn't have taken much to make this place great! We were dining with a Travelzoo deal which made it a lot better value for money. 3 of the 4 of us asked for 12oz center cut filets and none of us got a center cut. When we asked about it, we were fobbed off with an excuse that the chef takes the 12oz cuts from the ends and not from the center - we think it was more to do with the coupon! But the steaks did taste great. Sides of brussel sprouts, beets and goat cheeses were fantastic, not the best sweet potato fries I've ever had so stay away from those. Salads a little on the small side (again could have been the coupon!) Calamari starter was good but not as good as Ruth's Chris. A little disappointed as this was our first visit.Special Features:
- restaurant row gemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014great spot on restaurant row. nice bar area with nightly jazz group. food is excellent service top notch. would recommend for a special occasion or romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Very expensive for a strip center.TJoyceVIPDined on 9/10/2014I think you go to Vines for the music and bar scene and not for the food. Not that the food wasn't outstanding but it was very expensive. Vines is not located in Manhattan yet they have Manhattan food prices. The wine list was very extensive yet very expensive. The days of unlimited expense accounts are over. Even business dinners have limits.Special Features:
- Good potential, but not quite thereGr8FoodVIPDined on 9/8/2014Great place to have a drink with live jazz (even on a Monday night). The dining side, however, isn't what it could be. Started with very enjoyable bread. Bottle of white wine we ordered was very warm - had to wait 15-20 minutes more for it to be chilled. Shrimp bisque was tasty, but exceptionally runny (like broth). Very good quality steaks, but not prepared to requested temperature (ordered medium rare and received very rare, almost Pittsburgh). Took almost an hour from the soup to get an undercooked steak and sides. Sides were very good. Overall, the service was very slow and somewhat inattentive (when the dining room was less than half full). Has great potential, but for what we experienced, it was way overpriced.Special Features:
- BuenisimoGuayoptyDined on 9/6/2014No pense encontrar en Orlando un restaurante de calidad estilo Chicago, Houston o NY. Lo recomiendo.Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodIrishgirl1Dined on 9/6/2014Had a wonderful dining experience at the Vines/ Third visit there. It just keeps getting better. Food and service incredible . Bacon snack at the bar a nice touch. We will be back next time we are in the area.Special Features:
- Disappointing at BestWGreviewerVIPDined on 8/31/2014After looking forward to visiting Vines, we were disappointed by some of the food and especially by the management who refused to come by our table after we asked to speak with them twice. The wine menu was appetizing with lots of good choices - so if we ever go back, it will likely be just for drinks.Special Features:
- Just OkKyleDined on 8/23/2014The sea bass was good. The rest of our meal was just ok. It is not worth the prices you pay. They are known for their steaks but they were average. They have a faint wine list but good luck picking the right one. They do not have half of what they say they offer. Your best bet is to find a different restaurant to spend the money you will at vines.Special Features:
- Romantic DinnerFoodiesDined on 8/22/2014This place was amazing. We had 7:30 reservations and got there a little early so sat at the bar for a couple of cocktails. the bartender was really great at describing her drinks and made 2 of her best recommendations. There was a piano player and a gentleman singing in the bar area that made for a romantic ambiance. We sat in the main dining room next to an elevated fireplace. Next time I would request seating at one of their half circle booths. We had the Grilled Octopus that was Amazing. Wish they made it as a main course. The Pork Occa Buco literally fell of the bone. It was such a large portion we shared it. It was unbelievable. Our wait staff was very attentive but not over the top. Wonderful experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerDoebriggsDined on 8/19/2014Went for anniversary dinner and was blown away by the ambiance, decor and wait staff. Food was excellent. Loved the band!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensiveNeveragainDined on 8/19/2014Live band was way too loud for the size of the restaurant. They use two waiters per table; a mistake. They clearly were not in communication with each other. We went for a anniversary dinner and were seated next to a family where the child was licking the mothers plate and also running around. For the price you pay here that behavior is unacceptable and the staff should have responded. They didn't.
- great meal!mysterychefDined on 8/15/2014Went to Vines for the summer special, the were out of the whole lobster but subbed a lobster tail for the same price ( should have been 2 tails for the size. the waiter seemed a little off at first but then became much more attentive. The food was spectacular! loved he steak, lobster risotto, asparagus cooked just perfectly! Will be returning ! they have live music and it was a great band, nice to hear that while dining. It puts you in mind of an old fashioned supper club, speakeasy type of place.Special Features:
- Amazing!JenGDined on 8/8/2014I am so glad that someone reccommended Vines Grille and Wine Bar to me. The food was absolutely incredible and the service was wonderful. We were in town for the weekend for my boyfriend's birthday and they made it a very special meal. I could not be more pleased. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Overpricingler7135Dined on 8/8/2014Great experience overall , will repeat.Bar ambiance with oldies jazz excellent.Only concern was the overprize wines,there is ample space to make reasonable adjustments which will make drinking more bottles.Special Features:
- Just Awesome!!!VeryHappyDined on 7/26/2014We enjoy everything about Vines - the food, the service, the ambience, and the music ... Always a special occasion @ Vines :)Special Features:
- Expensive but greatLuckyDined on 7/26/2014The food was fantastic and the live music as well. Yes, this was an expensive meal but there should be no shock when the bill comes if you can do basic math. The baratta was phenomenal-I've never had fresh mozzarella before. The French Onion soup and Ceasar salad were great. The filet was certainly worth the price but I have to say the gnocchi and the beets were the star of the show. The dessert menu was disappointing but the Kiona ice wine from Washington state was a great alternative. The service wasn't uptight or stuck up as you might expect for the prices. Vinny made us feel comfortable and was very knowledgable. If I could afford a $200+ dinner more often I would certainly make Vines a regular treatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great wine, but priceyPatrickDined on 7/20/2014Service was good. The seabass and steak were delicious. However, the restaurant is very expensive. Two entrees, a side, and a relatively cheap bottle of wine cost close to $200.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/16/2014Great Music and service and food. We went on a Wednesday and it was not too busy. The price was on the high end but well worth it with a great wine list, fantastic Jazz and very helpful waiters.Special Features:
- Not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/12/2014Billed as one of the best wine lists in Orlando by the Ritz-Carlton concierge...well, maybe, if they had anything on the list. Our server greeted us quickly and we started looking for wines. That was when the problems occurred. It took several attempts and "checking" multiple times to find something they actually had. Nothing that we ordered from the list was actually available. In the end, they did discount the champagne to a lower price of something similar after I finally said, "just take this list away and tell me what you do have". The cab we ordered was not the vintage listed either. We all had steaks and they were fine, nothing to write home about...sides were fine, too. The experience was killed at the outset. Bummer.Special Features:
- Expensive and loud1980DRGDined on 7/12/2014Don't get me wrong, the food was perfect, the service was just as expected, and the ambience was... Almost great. The restaurant is cut in half by an impressive bar. But this means there is NO quiet time or place inside. It was just a little too dark inside. Bad shadowing everywhere behind the bar (where the tables are). Beware though, it is VERY expensive. Just a tad more than it should be. Other than that, not a bad place.Special Features:
- Great food music service ambienceCharlieDined on 7/11/2014Everything was very nice but a little pricey, the music was nice, everything was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!DisneyfoodieDined on 7/9/2014The food was great, service was absolutely outstanding. The servers even commented a few times...please relax and enjoy. We will take care of you! They escorted me to the ladies room..Not just a point around the corner. Food was fabulous and a terrific wine list. Happy hour is great at 50% which was nice for $20 glasses of wine. The space is lovely but it is loud when the band comes on.Special Features:
- Great dinnerstevebertDined on 7/8/2014I love the relaxed feel of this place, and the grilled octopus is really good. I had the filet and my wife the Chilean sea bass. Both meals were really good. We would like to go back again.Special Features:
- Nice placepayupDined on 7/2/2014We went specifically to celebrate our anniversary. They are definitely known for the wine but it was not our forte. The food was good but again, not one for the marinades and spices. The service was great and they made every effort to please. The music was excellent - got a surprise when a customer got up to sing - she was great! Just wanted to go to an upscale restaurant to celebrate 23 years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Boyfriend's Birthday DinnerPerfectionDined on 6/29/2014I so enjoy eating out and I always try to match a restaurant with a special occasion. I had visited the Vines bar once with my boyfriend, Robert but had not eaten there. One of my co-workers and his wife visit often and told me how wonderful it was, So for a special dinner I made reservations. I was not disappointed. Everything was perfect...the food, the service, the friendliness and knowledge of the staff. The musical group even sang Happy Birthday to Robert. It was a most excellent evening and we plan on coming often. We even tried the octopus appetizer! Delicious. Thank you again, Jackie Brockington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatGreatrebound123Dined on 6/28/2014it was awesome, I loved how you guys pick up the ball, we had to wait a little while for serve but you guy really stepped it up when you got to us way to rebound!! thank you so much for your great serviceSpecial Features:
- Who do they think they are...pickydinerVIPDined on 6/28/2014We've been to some pretty name places in the last year and so we do know sophisticated service and dining. This was not it. Pricey for no reason. We had very poor service - after a pretentious mention that we had two wait staff. Adam, one of our servers, could have cared less for service. Very inattentive. Long waits and plates left for long periods. This was a birthday celebration (which we mentioned at the beginning of the meal). Did the offer any special attention? Not even a complimentary dessert. The wine was a selection we are very familair with and buy it at Total Wine for under $20. Vines had it at $60. What a rip off. Ok, the food was pretty good. We think this has become a tourist attraction. Locals stay away!Special Features:
- Great food, but . . .310LakesideVIPDined on 6/25/2014they canceled my opentable reservation after I showed. Had to go through OT to get my points. If not for that, the service score would be higher.Special Features:
- A little disappointed...OutstandingVIPDined on 6/25/2014Our service was pretty awful, I had my child with me (like I do at many nice establishments) and had an attitude reflected from that. The burger was great, appetizers were not of good value...especially greek salad...and plain burrata, which I was charged full price of the whole setup for. Funny as well, free champagne coupon from Hilton provided to server, he provided nothing but taking my coupon. Wines by the glass were good, not great, the noise level was appropriate with a singer, but for the price...I'd rather spend my money at Vitos, Moonfish, Christinis, etc. in that area there are many other places to splurge which would leave one with better service and satisfaction from the food. Not impressed with this one unfortunately...Special Features:
- Absolutely the Best!!!FLBunnyDined on 6/23/2014If you are looking for a terrific enviornment, great food and outstanding wine list with stellar customer service, this is the place!Special Features:
- Worth the price?StacyVIPDined on 6/21/2014The ambiance, bar area, music and service was very enjoyable. The food was good as well but at $46 for Sea Bass it's a bit much. There are so many options in the area that to charge the prices they do, something should stand out as extraordinary. The food was good, and maybe even very good but I would not go back to this restaurant at that price range. The bench seat we were in was also broken. Given the dining area is very close to the bar/music area, be prepared to speak up if with a guest.Special Features:
- Great food and service!NewFloridianDined on 6/21/2014We enjoyed the food and entertainment. They made my husband's birthday very special. The only reason why I didn't give all five stars for the service is because the waiter forgot to tell us about the dinner specials. We started with two waiters, so maybe one thought the other had already done it. Overall, it was a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedNashDined on 6/15/2014The service was excellent and the food was good. However, it was not worth the final cost of almost $400 for 4 (2 adults and 2 kids). I have had better for much cheaper.Special Features:
- Vines was great!DooSPXDined on 6/12/2014The service, the atmosphere, the food and of course the wine, it all was out standing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- orlandolocalVIPDined on 6/7/2014Have dined at Vines many times. This last experience was by far, the most disappointing. Soup came out cold, took until the third bowl for it to be warm, waiter forgot bread (even after it was asked for twice) until after the third soup was delivered. Steaks came out and had clearly been sitting under some type of warmer because of the soup issue. No managers were seen during dinner or came to check on the meal. Called and left a message asking for a call back and no response. Extremely disappointed with this experience.
- Husband's birthdayVinetimesDined on 6/7/2014The service was top knotch. These are professional servers who complimented the excellent food, wine and live music. Not only did the servers present and remove our table effortlessly and unobtrusively but the entire diningroom was a very intimate experience because of the professional servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely eveninglive2crzDined on 6/6/2014The restaurant was lovely and the music entertaining. Food is always subjective. My children each enjoyed their meal. Service was decent.Special Features:
- Surprisingly Good FoodDineAroundTheWorldVIPDined on 6/6/2014You might think of Vines as a good lounge and patio bar. However, the food is outstanding. Get a table (I prefer out of direct sight of the band), enjoy their very good service, and outstanding food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/5/2014Slightly disappointed by the food. Mashed potatoes were salty. Thought the steak and chicken should have been better for the price. Bread, wine and atmosphere were great.Special Features:
- DianneDianneDined on 6/2/2014Lovely for special night out. Not inexpensive but really very nice experience. We come here every time we are in the Orlando area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.