Vines Grille and Wine Bar
7533 W. Sand Lake Road
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Vines Grille and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vinesgrille.com/
- Phone: (407) 351-1227
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
Happy Hour Everyday: 4pm - 7pm in our Bar & Lounge area
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Jazz every evening
A word from Vines Grille and Wine Bar
Discover one of Orlando’s premier upscale restaurant and jazz lounge located on the famed ‘Restaurant Row’, minutes from the convention center. Offering an unsurpassed dining experience in an intimate Chicago style ambiance. Specializing in PRIME USDA BEEF, FRESH FISH & SEAFOOD, cooked over live charcoal. Also featuring an impressive selection of fine wines from around the globe, with live jazz performances daily, great martinis & various chef selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Vines Grille and Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Vines Grille and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (39)notable wine list (37)vibrant bar scene (36)romantic (34)fit for foodies (25)good for groups (20)hot spot (19)neighborhood gem (13)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- QualitySeadogDined on 4/5/2014We've been on vacation in the United States for over 2 weeks and this was the best restaurant that we have visited. We went there 2 years ago and had very poor service- this time the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvelous but not too seriousMikefromTampaDined on 4/5/2014This place was simply great. I went for a special birthday for a party of two around 6pm on a saturday. It started to get jumping a little later and when the live jazz band lights up around 7pm that's when you REALLY felt the vibe. The servers were fantastic it's fine dining but they didn't take themselves too seriously and were personable & cracking jokes. The sea bass just melted in my mouth sooooo delicious! My girl had the Wagyu steak and said it was "the best steak ever point blank period full stop" She said she was going to make a pilgrimage to the burial site of the cow to thank it personally lol. The only thing negative I would say is to allow yourself a little extra time if you have after plans things can run a little long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love the chillian sea basslocalguyVIPDined on 4/3/2014We love the chillian sea bass at this restaurant. The portion was huge and cooked to perfection. Our server was very attentive. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Love this place!FoodjunkieDined on 3/27/2014Took my boyfriend for his birthday and we had a great time! Food and drinks were outstanding. Not too many places were you can have a five star dinner and dance the night away after. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Atmosphere and musicnorthgapVIPDined on 3/27/2014The atmosphere is great with a cool bar and nice jazz as a backdrop. The restaurant is more formal. We split a giant $100 steak and had asparagus as a side. Both tasted of liquid smoke though I suspect that they had just overdone the mesquite. Good wine list, attentive service. The price though is simply too high for the package. As in take your breath away. I'd stick with drinks at the bar.Special Features:
- Not as good as it used toKarenVIPDined on 3/22/2014Not as good as it used to be. Newer restaurants in the area as beating them!Special Features:
- We are repeat dinersFernVIPDined on 3/17/2014We have been to Vine every time that we are in Orlando and up until this last visit, were very happy with food, drink and service. This visit, sadly, this was not the case. We are very laid back diners and don't mind stretching out our meals but our waiter was not attentive and almost seemed disinterested in serving us. The meal was good but not as good as on other visits. We enjoyed the music at the bar after dinner and will have to give it another try when we are back in Orlando. Maybe, just an off night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service Yasser,KarenVIPDined on 3/15/2014Great food and service Yasser, Tony and Don will make sure you have a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisey in bar area, back room o kraykrisDined on 3/15/2014This was the third time for us at the vine, , four people each time. The first time was the best, but 3/15/14 was not very pleasing. Drinks and dinner took 3 hours, very slow.They gave us Cheese Cake as a Comp for the slowness. No more from here, Its Ruths or Flemmings from now on.Special Features:
- Always a delightFloridasonVIPDined on 3/15/2014Wonderful service - ask for Johnny. I don't drink wine but they have a massive wine list. They rotate their menus occasionally but every item is excellent. Their Beef Carpaccio is tender and always prepared just right. I typically order a steak and it's always a tough decision but I've never been disappointed. The sides are flavorful and if they have the pork belly gnocci be sure to have it, wonderful! The hostesses are never friendly and never acknowledge a return guest or at least they don't like me. Also, one of my favorite servers, Alex, was let go. Apparently one of the owner's friends didn't like him and BAM fired the next day. Really sad, he was always wonderful to us. I think that was a mistake. But Go. Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and WinesandyDined on 3/12/2014Exception steaks and wine selection is wonderful. Good jazz the night we were there. Large tables are given service as if you are a table of 4. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- This is our favorite placeEatinOutDined on 3/8/2014This is our favorite place in Orlando. The osso buco was unbelievable!Special Features:
- A Wonderful experiencenightworks1Dined on 3/7/2014I wanted to try this place for at least 3 years, and we finally did when my husband was promoted at work as a celebration dinner. Both of our wait staff were wonderful, and everything was delicious. The indoor ambiance was perfect and elegant. A fantastic experience, and one I wouldn't mind repeating in the near future!Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperinceElegantfoodieDined on 3/5/2014I took my Dad here for his 85th birthday. From beginning (valet, hostess, decor, table) to the end, (special customized dessert) this place was stunning. We ordered filets. They were tender, juicy and cooked to order. The issue was service. On a relatively slow Tuesday night, we had to continually flag our waiter down. Refill water glasses, refill wine glasses, etc. at one point I had to leave the table to locate him in the restaurant. The food was so good - I will go back. But not for any special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureExplorer1Dined on 3/1/2014This was our 3rd trip to this restaurant. This is without question one of the finest all round restaurants we have been to. You simply can't go wrong. Always great service and food and the adjoining wine bar is a lot of fun with live music. It is pricey, but in this case you do get what you pay for. You should note that most of the women wear dresses (a refreshing change) and many of the men wear jackets. Of course there are a few who also wear jeans apparently thinking that they are appropriate everywhere. They do allow that, but given the atmosphere and what most people are wearing, I can't imagine not coming to feel out of place at some point. A great place for a romantic dinner and socializing afterword in the bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Anniversary NightorlandonewbieDined on 3/1/2014The service here is great. I made a reservation for our anniversary as a surprise for my husband and noted that is was our anniversary. When we got there, all of the service and the musicians acknowledged our anniversary. It was a shock to my husband. One of the singers came to our table, dedicating a song to us. I don't know how to describe the food. Great isn't the word for it because it was 3 x's that. I had the Bass meal and he had the Filet Mignon. The grilled Asparagus that came with my meal was the best Asparagus I've ever had. To top the night off, we got dessert on the house written in chocolate on the tray, Happy Anniversary! The atmosphere is so calming and romantic. We will definitely go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2014I've been to both a happy hour (great) and a dinner at Vine. The happy hour was a lot of fun; drinks and bacon. The dinner was good but expensive.Special Features:
- Rude manager, otherwise waitingtdbc4VIPDined on 2/28/2014Rude manager, otherwise waiting staff is good and food is excellent. Would not go back there only because of manager.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional FoodJennicrunchDined on 2/27/2014I absolutely loved the ambiance and energy of the restaurant and the staff. Everyone was accommodating and attentive, and the food was simply outstanding. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good I went back the second niteOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/24/2014I took a 8 person group VIP client to vines during a conference and the experience was superb! I didn't have a reservation for the next night and had a surprise client show up, The Vines made an exception and squeezed in a table for me the next night, even tho the place was packed! Good is excellence and really couldn't have asked for higher standards! Hats off to the Vines!Special Features:
- Not again!JrojDined on 2/22/2014Ive had better steak for much less. Our bill for 2 was $165.00 with a $20 off coupon. They cooked it wrong. The place is beautifully set up with a great jazz band that gets loud around the bar. Good place to mingle and have a glass of wine for sure. Best Ceasar salade ever. Would not spend that amount again for a steak that isn't great.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceMrsGLBDined on 2/19/2014Vines is fantastic. I go frequently when visiting friends in Orlando. I have never been disappointed. How can a place that serves fresh bacon as a bar snack not be amazing?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedDavidDined on 2/17/2014Great food, awesome wine selection and very knowledgeable serving staff. I entertained business associates.Special Features:
- Always enjoyed going to VinesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014I've always been a fan of this restaurant and decided to go for Valentine's Day dinner. As expected, it was very busy and as a result fairly noisy, which wasn't too bad. I was just difficult at times to have a conversation at the dinner table. I've always recalled great service but our waiter this time around wasn't too attentive with us and had to flag other waiters to come to our table. Overall, it was a good dining experience and certainly would come again, food is excellent as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak???????Wild4everDined on 2/15/2014We finally found a restaurant that preps your steak the way we ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring your walletPappDined on 2/14/2014If you're looking to splurge on a really good dinner then check out vines. Excellent food but if you're on a budget this isn't the place for you. Service is excellent and the food is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular servicePamperedhusbandDined on 2/14/2014Especially considering it was completely packed on valentines day. If you love bacon, great steals cooled your way, and to be pampered, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion RestaurantCaptainDined on 2/14/2014Vines is on the pricey side...but well worth the little extra for special nights. We have been there for Valentine's Day, Birthday's, and Anniversaries. We like to dress up...but perhaps only half or fewer of the guests were looking sharp. Food was exceptional and service is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High profile spotThunderfan68Dined on 2/14/2014We had a Great Valentines dinner and enjoyed the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great findSurprisedDined on 2/14/2014We went on open table to find some restaurants that we have not been to. This restaurant was a great find. There isn't one thing I would say bad about it. From the time we entered and left it was a great evening. We were seated in a private room with probably 10 other tables, so the noise level might of been different in the main area. James and another waited on us, and continued to the entire evening. The food came out in a timely fashion, and from salad to entree, to wine, everything was done to perfection. The pricing is comparable to higher end restaurants including the new Eddie Vee, but the food is better. We had the sea bass at both restaurants and The Vine's wins. We can't wait to go back and try the bar menu next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, Service & Ambience whereMiamiMikeDined on 2/11/2014Food, Service & Ambience where the best. Entertained inportant VIP customers and alll where extremely pleased. Vine selection huge and bar one of the best I've been to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegance and RomanticismAntonioUDined on 2/10/2014Dinner at this restaurant was absolutely amazing. From the minute you walk in, you feel a warm and welcoming environment. The staff is highly cordial and well trained. Great for special occasions. The food is delicious although there is not much variety, the dishes that are offered are top quality. Not only do you have live music, but also you get a romantic, dark, cozy, environment as you have dinner with that special someone. I would totally recommend anyone looking to have a nice time to try this restaurant. Valet parking is a plus (complementary).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced menudavidVIPDined on 2/8/2014This restaurant has been very good over the years but recently their menu changed with a wider selection of options including steaks and seafood. The problem is that their food prices are too high now. Their burger is $28, bone-in rib-eye is $68, and the wagu steak is $85. These prices are extremely high even for this area of restaurant row. These prices are much higher than the newly opened Eddie V's across the street which has a much nicer decor inside. The jazz music was always the incentive at this restaurant so I still highly recommend it but just visit the bar area instead. Eating dinner at this place has gotten ridiculously expensive. Just eat across the street and come enjoy the music afterwards.Special Features:
- Too noisy to have a pleasant dinnertennisdr99VIPDined on 2/7/2014The food is good, but does not compare to better choices in the area. The server was non-existent - felt he already had his 20% tip built into the check. This is an energetic bar pick-up scene for the over 45 group. The live music was too loud for us to have a table conversation - we were frustrated trying to converse across the table. The food was good, although the veal chop ordered medium rare was served well done. Sending it back was not truly an option as we were in a group of 7 people. Wanted to have lamb chops, but mint jelly was not available as the chef felt that "was for dinosaurs." Have no reason to return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Happy repeat visitorsSheryllynnDined on 1/28/2014We were introduced to the Vines with friends two years ago when we came to Orlando for a golf outing. There were 3 couples and we all had wonderful dinners and enjoyed the entertainment. We have since returned twice on our last two visits to the area and will return in the future. While a little pricey it is well worth it. The food was scrumptious ( lamp chops and filet) and done to perfection. The staff is personable and knowledgable. The environment is 'upscale relaxed'. It has an air of sophistication without being stuffy or pretentious. Don't miss it!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2014Have been to vines a dozen times as I come to Orlando for an annual conference. This was the poorest service experience I have ever had there. Waiter basically forgot about us, our group was 8. Not sure if this was the Sunday night "b" team or what. My experience earlier in the week, table of 5, was much better. Probably 45 minutes from the time we finished out salad before our entree came out. Waiter left $250-$300 of revenue out there as we couldn't find anyone to order more wine and drinks. Not good. I will try vines again on my next trip, but definitely one strike against.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Service was great, theCitySlickerDined on 1/26/2014The Service was great, the NY Strip & the Lamb Chops were delicious, and we had an all-around wonderful evening at the Vines!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but loud ambiance, bad steaksBarAndWineOnlyDined on 1/25/2014We were two couples and the ambiance was nice, however the level of loudness allows only for good 1 on 1 conversation in closeness at the bar or sitting right next to each other at the table. Our steaks were burned and originally not even cooked to order. Whatever you do, do not get the long bone ribeye. It sounds nice at 24oz to share but in reality, you get 14oz of a very, very long and very thick bone and a tiny thin stake attached to the end with lots of fat on it which makes only about 8oz of realm meat. That stake is a scam and they should warn you about it if they are a serious business or not even have it on the menu as it is. Finally, the flavor and texture of the steak was not near the quality we expected from this place.Special Features:
- RepeatableDocDJCDined on 1/22/2014This is a happening place with excellent food. One complaint is that we had a reservation and were not seated for over an hour. We were repeatedly told table would be ready in a few minutes. Live music in the bar area made it almost impossible to hear but was a nice touch once we were seated in the dining room. Service in the dining room was very good and the food would bring me back in spite to the long wait. Hopefully, the delay in getting seated was a fluke but if it happened again I would not return as there are lots of places with good food and dining out is all about the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised!NaVelDined on 1/22/2014The food was outstanding. Crab cakes were delicately spiced with a flavourful, crunchy garnish. The sea bass was cooked to perfection. Molten chocolate cake came with a delicious salted caramel ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.