Vineland Estates Winery Restaurant
3620 Moyer Rd
Vineland, ON L0R 2C0Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Vineland Estates Winery Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.vineland.com/
- Phone: (905) 562-7088 x33
- Hours of Operation:
May thru December:
Lunch: 11:30am- 3:00pm
Dinner: starting at 5:00pm (reservations recommended)
January thru April:
Wednesday thru Saturday:
Lunch: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: 5:00pm to 8:30pm
Sunday Lunch only from 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Closed Sunday Dinner, Monday and Tuesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: Justin Downes
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Bring your guests to Vineland Estates Winery and enjoy the unique atmosphere and renowned hospitality of "Niagara's premiere Wine and Culinary Experience". The Carriage House is available for private functions including corporate events, dinners and luncheons, family celebrations and small weddings. With seating for a maximum of 56 guests, it is the perfect venue for any private, elegant celebration. Guests experience 4-diamond customized menus, created by our talented team of Chefs and complemented by national and international Award Winning wines. Allow us to "wine and dine" you like no-where else in our gorgeously appointed historic stone Carriage House.
- Private Party Contact: Diane Teeuwsen (905) 562-7088 x15
A word from Vineland Estates Winery Restaurant
Imagine dining and enjoying the stunning view of our vineyards and lake Ontario in the distance. Headed by Executive Chef Justin Downes, our talented team of Chef's create Niagara cuisine utilizing the freshest local seasonal ingredients. Toronto Life Magazine, Gourmet Magazine, Zagat Dining Review, DiRoNa and Food Network Canada have all recognized our 4-Diamond Restaurant as the quintessential wine country dining experience. For a unique experience, ask us about arriving by helicopter or extending your wine country experience by staying in our private Bed & Breakfast Cottage and the Estate Guest House. Groups welcome!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Vineland Estates Winery Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Niagara ›
Vineland Estates Winery Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (119)special occasion (95)fit for foodies (90)romantic (87)great for outdoor dining (78)great for lunch (65)notable wine list (53)good for groups (27)great for brunch (17)neighborhood gem (17)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great food, great wine...Luv2WineAndDineDined on 10/12/2014As usual, the staff was friendly and service was excellent. The food was beyond our expectations. It's always really good, but this time, they really over did themselves. Kudos to them for a job well done!Special Features:
- One of the finest restauranttnt4dinningDined on 10/12/2014Contined outstanding food, food preparation and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!NomisDined on 10/11/2014amazing taste, presentation, variety and service. Don't miss it.Special Features:
- food was somwhat disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/6/2014I've dined at Vineland many times, entertained clients and friends there. This last time however, I felt the food had declined somewhat. the beef served for lunch was a striploin, sliced, it was tough to be honest, there were many slices but couldn't eat them. The choice of a main, seemed standard and not the usually inventive fair I was used to. wine and service were flawless, and we enjoyed ourselvesSpecial Features:
- Vineland Estates is always amazingWineloversDined on 10/4/2014We love celebrating all of our special occasions at Vineland Estates winery. This time we were celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary. Great atmosphere, great service, great food, and of course great wine! Yet again, another great 5 course dinner topped off with icewine martinis! Cant wait to go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!HMWdeSDined on 9/28/2014We had trouble getting there as all the accesses from NOTL were blocked/detoured & consequently we arrived 10 min. past our 3pm/their last reservation time & we feared we'd be turned away. But the maitre couldn't have been kinder, told us we were there now, showed us to our table & said just relax & enjoy. And we did. The views were breathtaking, the ambiance calm & welcoming, the service impeccable & the food beyond delicious & at no time did we feel rushed. It was the perfect end to my husband's Birthday weekend in NOTL before taking our sons to Pearson airport to return to NYC.Special Features:
- Great view and foodwan34Dined on 9/27/2014Great menu and wine pairings. Beautiful view of vineyard.Special Features:
- DavePDined on 9/27/2014This was the second time we enjoyed dining at Vineland. Food was supurb as were the wine parings. The view was wonderful. A special way to pass a leisurely time enjoying some excellent food (the chef's special 5 course meal is highly recommended) at a leisurely pace.Special Features:
- Simply superbOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014It has been some years since we went to Vineland, but this trip was just as good if not better than our last visit. The food was exceptional, the service timely and friendly, and, being a fan of their Elevation Riesling, the 2008 was a real treat. Sitting on the patio with its wonderful vista and the sun setting was a perfect evening. I wouldn't hesitate to go back or recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine Tour Gem2ontripDined on 9/27/2014Head on over for a little wine tasting and plan to stay for dinner on the patio. Lovely scenery.Great Food. A must Stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Excellent service, terrific place for a special occasion. I would definitely recommend. Beautiful setting. Wine tour very knowledgeable and interesting.Special Features:
- Beautiful DayWoodstockresident123Dined on 9/25/2014We visited on September 25th for lunch. We were overwhelmed with the view and food. Our server was outstanding and answered all questions we had including about the cannons at random shooting off. We had a visitor from our Texas facility and she was blown away with the lunch and the wine store. Thank you for your wonderful hopsitality.Special Features:
- The Right ChoicediningallyearlongDined on 9/23/2014Stunning views from all seats in the restaurant and the patio, elegant table settings, friendly attentive staff are a backdrop for the imaginative and delicious menu. Plating is modern, portions are perfect, cooked to perfection, taste is exactly perfect. Deserts are fun and creative. The property is beautiful with old stone buildings housing the winery and the gift store that has a variety of items from clay pottery to spices and all things wine related. The wine we choose was crisp and light matching perfectly with the dinner. A wonderful spot for lunch or dinner. My Number One pick of the year.Special Features:
- Wonderful!TorontoDinersDined on 9/18/2014We always enjoy our meal here. They do a great job in choosing a wine to pair with each plate. Friendly service. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Good Food, Good Wine, Good ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014The experience I had at the restaurant was good, but the big elephant in the room problem was the washroom issue. I believe that it should have been renovated and been better kept in terms of its appearance and cleanliness.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedTaraDined on 9/13/2014I was not very excited by the menu but decided to go as we were told the views were spectacular and they were! We had the tasting menu which is not published online and we had a very nice food experience. the dishes were of high quality, presentation was what you would expect in a gastronomic place. beautiful setting in the vineyards. Would go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:
- ExquisitesentellosDined on 9/13/2014The chef is simply a genius. The food was amazing. The service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moira McQueenmandmDined on 9/9/2014Food was good -tasting menu was not very exciting - service was good but notable that after we paid there were no goodbyes as we left, although servers were around. We tipped, etc., so that wasn't it. Courtesy goes a long way in our book!Special Features:
- could not be betterodfromstouffvilleDined on 9/7/2014right place for good dinner with friends and loves onesSpecial Features:
- Perfect pairings - delicious food!LoveItSimpleButGoodDined on 9/3/201490 minute drive but worth it!...94 year old mother came along and was pleased to be helped with her walker and other needs in a kind but unobtrusive way. The staff is welcoming, knowledgeable and attentive, but know when to leave us alone to enjoy our meal and our own company. We were seated in a shady spot with a fabulous view of acres of grapes with Lake Ontario and Toronto in the distance. Our lunches included fresh trout and pork tenderloin beautifully and may I say tastefully presented! ... starters included a yummy corn soup and at the end, we indulged ourselves with chocolate, maple and other delights.(I feel like I am gushing...you really should try it for yourself! ) oh...and the suggested wine pairings were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vineland on a summer eveningDianeDined on 8/31/2014The outdoor patio is set amongst the vineyard and is truly a beautiful setting. the food is world class.Special Features:
- A wonderful patioNatalieDined on 8/30/2014has a lovely shop with a tasting bar, fabulous restaurant and gorgeous setting.Special Features:
- Exceptional patioAnthonyDined on 8/30/2014This patio offers a view that I think is unmatched in Ontario. From the patio in late summer, rows of vineyards fill the panorama as far as the eye can see. The food is thoughtful and the service helpful. I think about this place often over the winter months.Special Features:
- Not to be missedAragornDined on 8/30/2014We took friends for a special occasion and their reaction to this restaurant was "it is in the same league as any place in Nappa or Bordeaux". An amazing experience altogether.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must visit to impress yr guestsEE22Dined on 8/29/2014You won't be disappointed in the overall experience. It can be romantic, family friendly & great for party gathering. Very enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best In NiagaraMimeAnDineDined on 8/24/2014This restaurant is recognized world-wide as one of the 10 best in a winery and it deserves that accolade. The food is always spectacular! the setting, with a view over the vinyards to Lake is amazing! Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Second VisitAlTOVIPDined on 8/23/2014We were impressed during our first visit here so I brought my parents this time. My father is in a wheelchair and had no problems as this place is wheelchair accessible (parking & ramps). We sat inside. Food - the 5 course menu this time around was even better than our first visit. We also ordered a la carte and the trout was one of the best I've tasted (I don't think I have tasted anything of similar caliber in Toronto). Meat, fish, vegetables, dessert - all superb. The chicken was not as juicy as I would like but the ravioli in the dish made up for it. Service - excellent. It was a little too slow for us but this is more of a personal preference. Ambience - we sat inside as it was too cold for outdoor. Definately go outside if you can.Special Features:
- Out of the park.trekDined on 8/23/2014Went to Vineland restaurant with another couple and had the 5 course Chef menu with wine pairings. Full disclosure - I am a wine club member there. For $50 a month, they send me two bottles of wine each month and when I dine at the restaurant wine pairings (for myself and one other diner) are free. The food was superb and the wine pairings were wonderful. The service was warm but unobtrusive and efficient - a hard balance to execute but one that I hope more restaurants achieve. I will be back to enjoy lunch on the patio before the summer is out.Special Features:
- Showing off the Niagara RegionTheTaylorsDined on 8/21/2014After two bad meals at other restaurants with our guests from Alberta this week, we had one of the best and most enjoyable lunches ever. After we settled done from appreciating the beautiful stone buildings and spectacular view we were treated like guests by the professional staff. The food was delicious (honestly!), and the wine was paired perfectly. When we left we all agreed that it was the most delightful lunch and everything was perfect. It will become our 'go to' restaurant when entertaining guests from out of town. Thank you to the staff at Vineland Estates Winery Restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionCybercat47Dined on 8/18/2014This was the second time we have celebrated a special occasion here. Both were memorable in a positive way, very good food prepared in a creative and thoughtful fashion, attentive, personalized service in a ambient setting. A wonderful experience, we would recommend without reservation.Special Features:
- Great Brunch VenuelocalfoodieDined on 8/18/2014Met a group of friends there recently and dined on the patio overlooking the gorgeous view. The wine, food and service were all superb! We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful meal experienceSushikouklakiDined on 8/17/2014We chose the 5 course meal with classic wine pairings. Each dish was unique, beautifully presented and perfectly paired with wine. The waiter kindly answered our questions about the ingredients and was very knowledgable about each course and each food pairing. What a wonderful meal experience. The classic rock music playing in the background was the cherry on the cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvitalianDined on 8/17/2014We enjoyed a Sunday lunch on the patio sharing appetizers and a lovely bottle of Pinot Grigio. A perfect setting overlooking the vineyards.Special Features:
- Excellent for our Anniversay31YearsDined on 8/16/2014We went to Vineland Estates Restaurant to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary. We chose the 5 course menu. All food was excellent in taste and presentation, and delivered to our table in a very professional way. Ambiance and scenic view from our table was excellent. We would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Awesome, just awesomegreat2dineDined on 8/16/2014At first didn't know what to expect when I first made the reservation. However, I was really very impressed by everything from the wine tasting, the scenery to the restaurant's food and the quality of service. Even the prices are a bit high it was worthwhile. I highly recommended for those special moments (occasions) like anniversaries and b-day or just want to give a special treat to that someone special. This is the place to go and enjoy a good wine and meal and enjoy the scenery in company of that someone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rehearsal dinnerJustmarriedDined on 8/14/2014It was a fabulous spot for a very special event :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BevyDined on 8/13/2014The whole experience was so satisfying and special. The server was outstanding. She was friendly and genuinely pleasant. We were celeBrating our anniversary. It certainly added to the day. The view is spectacular. You really feel as though you are in the Napa Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NukkaDined on 8/12/2014We love Vineland Restaurant. We have been many times and it never disappoints. Amazing food, service and ambience. We will choose Vineland over Toronto restaurants any day!!Special Features:
- Always Reliablehappy2dineDined on 8/11/2014We continue to come here every time we are in the Niagara Wine region and it never fails to please. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable and the kitchen is willing to make changes if you have dietary restrictions. Food is imaginative, well presented and delicious to the last bite. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Consistently Outstanding!WhineandineVIPDined on 8/7/2014My wife and I go at least once every two months as it is a 45 min drive from where we live. On this occasion we had the five course Chef designed special menu. It was presented beautifully by our very knowledgeable server who not only described a complex nesting of flavours but recommended wine pairings that enhanced the whole dining experience a hundred fold. This restaurant remains one of our favourites and I would complement the staff on the food preparation as well as the presentation. Our good fortune was to bring along some close friends who were visiting from Ottawa and that evening was the highlight of their trip!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.