Vineland Estates Winery Restaurant
3620 Moyer Rd
Vineland, ON L0R 2C0Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Vineland Estates Winery Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.vineland.com/
- Phone: (905) 562-7088 x33
- Hours of Operation:
May thru December:
Lunch: 11:30am- 3:00pm
Dinner: starting at 5:00pm (reservations recommended)
January thru April:
Wednesday thru Saturday:
Lunch: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: 5:00pm to 8:30pm
Sunday Lunch only from 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Closed Sunday Dinner, Monday and Tuesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: Justin Downes
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Bring your guests to Vineland Estates Winery and enjoy the unique atmosphere and renowned hospitality of "Niagara's premiere Wine and Culinary Experience". The Carriage House is available for private functions including corporate events, dinners and luncheons, family celebrations and small weddings. With seating for a maximum of 56 guests, it is the perfect venue for any private, elegant celebration. Guests experience 4-diamond customized menus, created by our talented team of Chefs and complemented by national and international Award Winning wines. Allow us to "wine and dine" you like no-where else in our gorgeously appointed historic stone Carriage House.
- Private Party Contact: Diane Teeuwsen (905) 562-7088 x15
A word from Vineland Estates Winery Restaurant
Imagine dining and enjoying the stunning view of our vineyards and lake Ontario in the distance. Headed by Executive Chef Justin Downes, our talented team of Chef's create Niagara cuisine utilizing the freshest local seasonal ingredients. Toronto Life Magazine, Gourmet Magazine, Zagat Dining Review, DiRoNa and Food Network Canada have all recognized our 4-Diamond Restaurant as the quintessential wine country dining experience. For a unique experience, ask us about arriving by helicopter or extending your wine country experience by staying in our private Bed & Breakfast Cottage and the Estate Guest House. Groups welcome!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Vineland Estates Winery Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Niagara ›
Vineland Estates Winery Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (120)great for outdoor dining (90)special occasion (86)fit for foodies (80)romantic (72)great for lunch (64)notable wine list (48)good for groups (29)great for brunch (25)neighborhood gem (18)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (5)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Best In NiagaraOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014This restaurant is recognized world-wide as one of the 10 best in a winery and it deserves that accolade. The food is always spectacular! the setting, with a view over the vinyards to Lake is amazing! Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Second VisitAlTODined on 8/23/2014We were impressed during our first visit here so I brought my parents this time. My father is in a wheelchair and had no problems as this place is wheelchair accessible (parking & ramps). We sat inside. Food - the 5 course menu this time around was even better than our first visit. We also ordered a la carte and the trout was one of the best I've tasted (I don't think I have tasted anything of similar caliber in Toronto). Meat, fish, vegetables, dessert - all superb. The chicken was not as juicy as I would like but the ravioli in the dish made up for it. Service - excellent. It was a little too slow for us but this is more of a personal preference. Ambience - we sat inside as it was too cold for outdoor. Definately go outside if you can.Special Features:
- Out of the park.trekDined on 8/23/2014Went to Vineland restaurant with another couple and had the 5 course Chef menu with wine pairings. Full disclosure - I am a wine club member there. For $50 a month, they send me two bottles of wine each month and when I dine at the restaurant wine pairings (for myself and one other diner) are free. The food was superb and the wine pairings were wonderful. The service was warm but unobtrusive and efficient - a hard balance to execute but one that I hope more restaurants achieve. I will be back to enjoy lunch on the patio before the summer is out.Special Features:
- Showing off the Niagara RegionTheTaylorsDined on 8/21/2014After two bad meals at other restaurants with our guests from Alberta this week, we had one of the best and most enjoyable lunches ever. After we settled done from appreciating the beautiful stone buildings and spectacular view we were treated like guests by the professional staff. The food was delicious (honestly!), and the wine was paired perfectly. When we left we all agreed that it was the most delightful lunch and everything was perfect. It will become our 'go to' restaurant when entertaining guests from out of town. Thank you to the staff at Vineland Estates Winery Restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionCybercat47Dined on 8/18/2014This was the second time we have celebrated a special occasion here. Both were memorable in a positive way, very good food prepared in a creative and thoughtful fashion, attentive, personalized service in a ambient setting. A wonderful experience, we would recommend without reservation.Special Features:
- Great Brunch VenuelocalfoodieDined on 8/18/2014Met a group of friends there recently and dined on the patio overlooking the gorgeous view. The wine, food and service were all superb! We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful meal experienceSushikouklakiDined on 8/17/2014We chose the 5 course meal with classic wine pairings. Each dish was unique, beautifully presented and perfectly paired with wine. The waiter kindly answered our questions about the ingredients and was very knowledgable about each course and each food pairing. What a wonderful meal experience. The classic rock music playing in the background was the cherry on the cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvitalianDined on 8/17/2014We enjoyed a Sunday lunch on the patio sharing appetizers and a lovely bottle of Pinot Grigio. A perfect setting overlooking the vineyards.Special Features:
- Excellent for our Anniversay31YearsDined on 8/16/2014We went to Vineland Estates Restaurant to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary. We chose the 5 course menu. All food was excellent in taste and presentation, and delivered to our table in a very professional way. Ambiance and scenic view from our table was excellent. We would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Awesome, just awesomegreat2dineDined on 8/16/2014At first didn't know what to expect when I first made the reservation. However, I was really very impressed by everything from the wine tasting, the scenery to the restaurant's food and the quality of service. Even the prices are a bit high it was worthwhile. I highly recommended for those special moments (occasions) like anniversaries and b-day or just want to give a special treat to that someone special. This is the place to go and enjoy a good wine and meal and enjoy the scenery in company of that someone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rehearsal dinnerJustmarriedDined on 8/14/2014It was a fabulous spot for a very special event :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BevyDined on 8/13/2014The whole experience was so satisfying and special. The server was outstanding. She was friendly and genuinely pleasant. We were celeBrating our anniversary. It certainly added to the day. The view is spectacular. You really feel as though you are in the Napa Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NukkaDined on 8/12/2014We love Vineland Restaurant. We have been many times and it never disappoints. Amazing food, service and ambience. We will choose Vineland over Toronto restaurants any day!!Special Features:
- Always Reliablehappy2dineDined on 8/11/2014We continue to come here every time we are in the Niagara Wine region and it never fails to please. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable and the kitchen is willing to make changes if you have dietary restrictions. Food is imaginative, well presented and delicious to the last bite. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Consistently Outstanding!WhineandineVIPDined on 8/7/2014My wife and I go at least once every two months as it is a 45 min drive from where we live. On this occasion we had the five course Chef designed special menu. It was presented beautifully by our very knowledgeable server who not only described a complex nesting of flavours but recommended wine pairings that enhanced the whole dining experience a hundred fold. This restaurant remains one of our favourites and I would complement the staff on the food preparation as well as the presentation. Our good fortune was to bring along some close friends who were visiting from Ottawa and that evening was the highlight of their trip!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Winery Dining ExperienceEverydayFoodieDined on 8/5/2014We brought a group of out of town and local friends here after an afternoon at the Shaw. The staff were very accommodating and attentive. At our table of 8 we had dietary challenges for eggs and gluten; 3 of us had the creative tasting menu with wine pairings...an exceptional foodie treat and the others selected widely from the a la carte menu. All menu items were delicately plated, delicious and the meal well paced given the variations in courses we were having. We had a wonderful evening and were able to purchase estate wines there long after the winery store had closed. Highly recommend Vineland Estates Winery especially for Riesling fans and the location away from the busyness of Niagara on the Lake. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Simply AmazingPocketmaxDined on 8/4/2014We went for dinner at Vineland during our first visit to the Niagara-on-the-Lake region. We decided to go for the 5 course chef's menu and we were satisfied beyond our expectations with every course of the meal. The presentation was nice, the food always had the perfect temperature, texture/consistency and the mix of flavor was divine. The location of the restaurant and wineyard is a bit remote, but that makes it even more enchanting. The old stone buildings and the overview of the wineyard and countryside makes the view quite romantic. We will surely come back when we next visit the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Twenty Valley FavoriteartloverVIPDined on 8/4/2014This continues to be one of my all time favorite restaurants in & around the GTA. We thoroughly enjoyed the tasting menu for lunch. Red pepper bisque to die for, steak cooked to perfection with a bacon jam to perfectly complement. I'm not a cauliflower lover, but the puree accompanying the dish with roasted vegies was delicious. Dessert of white chocolate tart with seasonal berries was the perfect end. Wine pairings made the meal more awesome. The view from the deck was so relaxing. Service was attentive but not obtrusive. The food and wine continue to be outstanding here. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Toronto should take noteAlTODined on 8/3/20145 course dinner done properly. Food beats 5 star hotels and big name restaurants in toronto. Sevice was slow and chill but why are you in a hurry? Good view. Minor food comment: mushroom risotto was a little too acidic and not earthy enough for me. Overall: very impressed and you should go.Special Features:
- BeautifulCandiceDined on 8/3/2014This place is great in all respects! Food, service, location, wine and view. Great for any occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as alwaysWinenotDined on 8/2/2014Would highly recommend to anyone who enjoys beautiful scenery, amazing food & great wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceDerekDined on 8/1/2014Another great experience and awesome food! Only concern was while sitting outside on the beautiful patio we were inconvenienced with the level of flies...which was a little expected sitting outside. Still over all another great experience and will return. thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/30/2014Spectacular in every way! Have eaten lunch several times in the past but this was our first experience with dinner. We were not disappointed. Thank you Vineland for a great evening.Special Features:
- Absolutely fantastic!LeslieDined on 7/26/2014We haven't been back to Vineland Estates for 5 years, after a very disappointing experience 5 years ago. However, a friend told us they had improved - so we thought we'd try it again; we did that this weekend. Our group of 6 very discerning foodies had the 5 course tasting menu and I'm delighted to say every dish was superb. The combination of ingredients were often surprising, yet worked unbelievably well. As just one example, corn bisque with shrimp and pork belly was heavenly. Our only disappointment was that we forgot to get the recipe. Similarly, the unusual combination of lime sorbet with spicy chocolate cake was a perfect way to end the dinner. The wine pairings were also excellent. We'll certainly be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIvinelandescapeDined on 7/25/2014I had the tasting menu and the food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a special occasionehV0Dined on 7/24/2014This restaurant is expensive but the food is not only a meal it is an experience. If you have the opportunity to try a chef's menu selection, then try it. A la carte is always good but the selection groupings are extraordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in VinelandOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/23/2014My husband and I recently had an amazing afternoon lunch at Vineland Estates. The food was tasty and the view spectacular. I also discovered a wonderful new wine called Pinot Meunier. This light red was a delightful surprise. I highly recommend this restaurant for any special occasion.Special Features:
- notitlebebackDined on 7/20/2014food was reasonably good; service was excellent; but the single medium piece of scallop on my appetizer was too small to swallow;Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Faaaantastic!Lasagna007Dined on 7/19/2014I had gone there on a recommendation and they lived up to their reputation! It was a special day as I had earlier proposed over the falls in a helicopter! We then went to Vineland and had their 3 course creative lunch with wine pairing....mmmm! We were late for our reservation however they kept our special reserved table for us...class act! Great service, great food, great wine...all of which they are known for. Thanks again Vineland!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingrebelrunnerDined on 7/12/2014This was our second visit to experience the chef's 5 course creative menu. This should be on everyone's "bucket list" to try at least once. All of the selections were exceptional, but the overall table favourite was the duck breast with mushroom risotto that literally melted in your mouth. It was a beautiful July evening on the patio. Thank you Vineland for another memorable evening out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dinnerBeasmvillelocalDined on 7/10/2014A little pricy but well worth it. We both had the 5 course dinner and it was amazing. Great setting and even better food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014food was the chef special 5 course with a great wine pairing, service was top notch, not rush perfect for our 30 ann . each dish unique and tastes where great. The wines complimented each dish and we bought 2 bottles when leaving . exceptional timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing restaurant.Foodie45Dined on 7/6/2014Patio view was breathtaking and food was well beyond our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodFunaticDined on 7/2/2014Not quite the same since the patio tree came down. The sail needs another layer to keep the sun off the tables. Still one of our favorite spots for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic spotBennyDined on 7/2/2014My husbandand I love to go with friends to Vineland Estats Restaurant. Great ambience,and we enjoy the wine pairings offered with the chef's menu. Lovely spot with historic buildings and great wine shop.Special Features:
- FantasticJazzedDined on 6/30/2014We had the back room off the patio, which was half contained, half open to the air but totally shaded. We lucked out and it was our own private spot. The food, as usual was wonderful, and the staff very accommodating and friendly.Special Features:
- Fantastic PairingsSteveoDined on 6/30/2014We keep returning to Vineland Estates for a very good reason. It is a truly incredible food, wine and Ontario experience. The chef's creative menu was done with imagination and made from the very best incredients possible. The staff are always friendly and time the delivery of your courses perfectly. Dining here is just like making the "Discover Ontario" commercials into reality. We will be back!Special Features:
- Amazing food; very accommodatingNell709Dined on 6/28/2014My partner and I received a gift certificate for the chef's creative luncheon with wine pairing for Christmas, but we saving it for a nice summer day since we were told they have a wonderful patio. I was diagnosed with Celiac disease (cannot have gluten) a few weeks ago and was afraid it would affect my ability to enjoy the lunch. Not at all! I contacted Vineland in advance and was told that it would be no problem at all. The hospitality manager made a special note in my reservation for the Chef, and that was all there was to it. The entire creative lunch was gluten-free. The food was absolutely delicious. I usually don't even like red wine, but the wine they picked for the pairing we enjoyed so much we bought a bottle on our way out!Special Features:
- NOt BadVINELANDDined on 6/27/2014Wife's pickerel was very good but $50 steak was well done, instead of medium. Restaurant comped wine to make up for it which was the right thing to do.Special Features:
- quintessential vineyard lunchfool4patiosDined on 6/27/2014We have dined at vineyard restaurants in several countries and have never had a better experience. Each course presented the same dilemma - we did not want that course to be finished but we could not wait for the next to arrive! Every dish was as beautiful as it was delicious and worked well with the wine. Our first visit was about 15 years ago and we return often and we have found the food to change almost in step with our tastes. The food, the wine, the service and the view - - - who could ask for more. Finally, to Visa Infinite holders, check for the perks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.