Vine Restaurant & Bar
211 N El Camino Real
San Clemente, CA 92672Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Vine Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vinesanclemente.com/
- Phone: (949) 361-2079
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday - 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Saturday - 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday - 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, French American
- Executive Chef: Jared Cook
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Vine Restaurant & Bar
Welcome to Vine Restaurant and Bar located in San Clemente. We have a great selection of Wine Country menu selections! Our menu features seasonal ingredients of the highest quality and are prepared daily from scratch. Menu selections include exceptional meats, flavorful seafood, handpicked produce from our garden, and diverse beverage selections. We have over 25 wines by the glass, 10 craft beers, and a full bar featuring a wide variety of craft cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Vine Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in San Clemente ›
Vine Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (71)neighborhood gem (65)special occasion (51)notable wine list (47)romantic (47)vibrant bar scene (29)great for outdoor dining (18)hot spot (15)good for groups (10)late-night find (6)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/18/2014Vine is a fantastic local restaurant. The owners are very hands-on and maximize the guest experience. Their dishes are delicious, service is outstanding and the cocktails are made expertly. This is my absolute favorite place to go in San Clemente and would recommend this restaurant over all others in the vicinity. If you have not dined here, do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MatildaDined on 11/16/2014Delicious food, excellent service, wonderful atmosphere. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!DavidDined on 11/16/2014Met friends for dinner and loved everything! The atmosphere, food, and service were top notch. Loved the fried green tomato apitizer, Many specials and great menu items to choose from. Great experience all the way around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Disappointed in reservation.SlomoDined on 11/15/2014I made a reservation to celebrate our anniversary thinking that a reservation would get us a dining room table. We arrived to find that our reservation was at a bar table. Somewhat misleading considering there was no mention of this when reserving. The bar was fun for those looking for an upscale TGI Fridays bar scene - not for those looking for a quiet celebratory able for two. Nonetheless, our server, Michelle, was extremely knowledgeable of everything on the menu and she treated us like royalty. The food was outstanding so this saved the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time and definitely not the lastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Great food, great service and great wine…I definitely recommend Vine as a spot for a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Food was a little pricey, but they did have a variety of entrees to choose from. Appetizer list was interesting and we did enjoy the honey duck wings. Service was slow which was upsetting to one of my guests who does not drink and was hungry. My other friend and I enjoyed a glass of wine and good conversation.Special Features:
- Delicious but can improvecollDined on 11/7/2014The diversity of the menu is eclectic and delicious. The presentation of the food is well done. I had the pork schnitzel which was delicious. Others in our party enjoyed the sea bass, scallops, and rib eye. We also loved the duck appetizer, unique with an Asian flair. The service was where the restaurant fell short. The glass of wine I ordered with my meal was never delivered despite asking twice about it. The timing of all four dinners arriving at the same time was off which allowed for cooling of some of the party's meals to cool before we all started eating. I love good unique food, but I love good service. It is usually good service that will bring me back to a restaurant repeatedly, hope if we return the service side will be improved.Special Features:
- Rich in taste and attentionmaxforceDined on 11/2/2014We've been to Vine on several occasions. The comment by my thirty something age children, besides exclaiming how great the meal tasted, was how incredible the service was. Our waitress was present and personal, engaging but not overbearing. There at the right times. Our meals were all unique and each perfectly prepared. A rich birthday celebration. And did I mention they brought us the chocolate soufflé as a free birthday gift?!Special Features:
- Cozy and fun date spotEvrlovelyDined on 11/1/2014This was a perfect spot to go kn a Saturday night! The food was fantastic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014This is one of my favorite spots. My husband and I have been here about 5 times now, and every time we are impressed by the quality of food, attention to detail & friendliness. We love sitting at the counter facing the kitchen & seeing all the amazing dishes come out! This time we had the sea scallops and sea bass, and we finished with a chocolate soufflé.Special Features:
- Excellant Fod and ServicebuddyDined on 10/30/2014This was an gem in a river of mud! Friends need to have a dinner at the Vine! Great service and the food was excellant!Special Features:
- Great meal!luv2eatDined on 10/30/2014Great experience Thursday night, in spite of the traffic problems (crane on 5 FWY). We were seated right away. Had the duck wings, oysters to start. I had the pork schnitzel, which was delicious and a very large portion. My husband had the Wine Country Burger. Had to bring along our 14 year old (had to nix date night). She had the pumpkin ravioli, which she didn't love, but she's a very picky eater. I really enjoyed them though. Our food all came out at the same time, which was impressive, they had two people bring it to us. Waters refilled without asking. My only complaint was our server. He wasn't well informed, he was scattered and forgetful. I will come back next time I'm in the area, hopefully have a different server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AK1126Dined on 10/28/2014Vibrant, fun spot with great food and service! All the staff are professional! Always a special experience!Special Features:
- Still a solid product...MitchellandGretchenDined on 10/24/2014The Vine has been a favorite of ours for date for many years. After Justin sold and Vince left we were really kind of bummed and haven't been nearly as often, but I have to say the food is still great. We really miss Vince the old manager (he just added something - he was like Matthew McConaughey's hipster brother with the perfect wine pairing recommendations), but I can't think of a single complaint about the food or the service - really good - and it is always a pleasure to see our favorite busser Javier. Brought the kids for their first time on Friday night for my wife's birthday and sat at the communal table - we had a blast. Along with Cucina Enoteca I think this is their new favorite place. Man, that's going to cost me...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2014Consistently great food and drinks! Service and staff are always friendly and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SurprisesanclementegriffVIPDined on 10/19/2014It's been a while since we ate at the Vine. On previous occasions it was just too noisy. This time we had the opportunity to eat on their patio and it was wonderful. The ambience was great-the service the best we have had in a long time and the Jajori Chicken outstanding. Not sure if the menu has changed but I think so-and for the best. Great experience and we won't stay away so long this time!Special Features:
- The Vine -- a good vintagecsflcaDined on 10/18/2014The Vine is a great part of the San Clemente restaurant scene. Warm and welcoming, with an interesting menu and great libations. Excellent service and memorable indeed.Special Features:
- Very goodPornelasDined on 10/17/2014Free parking about a block north. The sign is small so keep your eyes open. Great food. Rib eye is enormous. Pumpkin Ravioli was delicious. Good selection of reasonably priced wines. Good variety on beer list with some local choices. ExcellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bob and Charlene's favoriteCharleneDined on 10/17/2014The Vine is our favorite restaurant. First, the service is superior as the owners and staff always ensure our complete satisfaction. Second, the food is delicious. Among our favorites is the lupe de mer (please pardon my spelling), schnitzel, and hamburgers (but this is not a hamburger joint!). Took my in-laws there Saturday night and started with a delightful mixed drink, Hey Jude, named after an owner's mother. We started with pumpkin ravioli and fried green tomatoe appetizer, both we presented beautifully and tasted great. That was followed by a tasty ceasar salad, delicious beet salad and butternut squash soup. The beef straganoff and fish tacos entree's we also delicious. The restaurant is walking distance from home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of San Clemente's BestlovetoeatinSCDined on 10/10/2014The Vine is without a doubt one of the best restaurants San Clemente has to offer. The service is the best in town, hands down. The restaurant gets busy (do make reservations) and gets crowded quickly, but once you get seated you are in for a great meal - no matter what you order. Do save room for dessert. This is my favorite in town and I'll definitely be back. P.S. Try one of the seasonal specialty cocktails - you won't be disappointed. I highly recommend Love Potion No. 9Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vine Restaurant is Divine1BeachLadyDined on 10/10/2014It was our first visit after hearing several great reviews & we were not disappointed. From the hostess Jordan who was gracious, the server Barbara was exceptional, the chefs perfect presentation & preparation of our meal, the pleasant atmosphere of the dining, all made our visit perfect. The bar side & outdoor dining had an entirely different vibe, all good but for our special celebration that night we were thankful for the dining room. Go to Vine Restaurant it is good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome, once again.JamieDined on 10/8/2014This place has the most amazing food, and fantastic service. We both chose the specials - my wife had the Diver Scallops and I had the Short Ribs. One of the best meals I've had in a long time. Paired with some great cocktails and a complementary birthday dessert for my wife, couldn't have asked for a better night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Vine Restaurant in San ClementeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/5/2014Never have had a bad meal here! The Schnitzel is to die for and of course the Scharfenberger Chocolate Souflee!Special Features:
- DissapointedNettieDined on 10/3/2014This was the second time we have eaten here. The first was so delightful...but we only had wine, great cheese platter and desert. The second time we had dinner. Drinks were good, cheese platter wonderful, Duck legs were greasy. Scallops were over powered by the sauce as was the rib eye steak. Desert was a delight at the end of this meal.Special Features:
- VineHunterDined on 9/25/2014The only weak spot was the food. Both of our dinners were extremely salty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The PaughsGoodatmakingresDined on 9/24/2014We had a wonderful evening at The Vine. Our dinner was wonderful and complimented by impeccable service.
- Cozy Bistro in the main dining roomsavorerVIPDined on 9/21/2014We loved the food, the service and the ambiance. The only flaw we could find was that the music played throughout the restaurant was very raucous for fine dining. However, when we asked for it to be adjusted, the staff was very accommodating. We didn't realize until we left, that the bar was full of young people watching sports on TV and eating while sitting on tall stools at bar tables. The restaurant serves two totally different types of clientele.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent, excellent, excellent ...MendoWineDined on 9/20/2014We went with my husband for our anniversary. As soon as we enter the restaurant we noticed that the place looks different... new owner! The decoration is very nice and cozy and the music is fantastic and the service really good and smily. The food quality and flavor is perfect. We talked with the new owner, Russ, very nice and friendly, he even gave as special dessert sample. We will definitely recommend it and go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Love the location and the food was excellent. Definately returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Among the Best Dinners EverSanoboardriderDined on 9/19/2014We moved to San Clemente a few months back and had heard about the Vine but had not had a chance to try it yet. I was a bit disappointed that we were then seated in the bar area since this was our anniversary dinner. Not to worry, Sean our waiter gave great service and recommendations. We split a salad as an appetizer that had to be the best salad I have ever eaten, Watermelon & something :), the wife had Sea Bass that was the best fish dish she has ever had, including dining in New Orleans several times. I had the Mexicali Burger at my wife's suggestion since she wanted a bite and it was outstanding and do not be put off by the price, it is huge and Kobe beef. We were too full for desert but next time we will save room.Special Features:
- Wonderful setting and foodhappycamperDined on 9/18/2014Loved the ambiance outside. The server and food were excellent! The server described the dishes perfectly and the food was more than enough to satisfy. The local beers were terrific and the server knew exactly what kind that I would like based on my description. There was another large family with small kids at the table which made the noise level increase. Other than that I would really recommend this restaurant to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeDined on 9/17/2014Just an excellent night out. Food was fantastic. Service was tops. People very friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service fair'gildaDined on 9/13/2014The service was polite and friendly but so slow. The waiter was informed about the food and descriptive. I scottish salmon I ordered was worth a return trip, however, my friend's cow au vin was so under seasoned it was inedible. They were nice about not charging us. If in the area I would give it another try.Special Features:
- Very tasty foodsMinCarlsbadDined on 9/13/2014Small local, but a gem in San Clemente. Specials were very tasty! Recommend the scallopsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experiencefoodloverDined on 9/13/2014The food was very good. Fun evening with friends. My only complaint was with the wine. I told our waiter that we didn't really like it, but he didn't offer a solution. So that was a waste of a bottle of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!Lisalu1882Dined on 9/9/2014We came for dinner and the service was exceptional. Our waiter told us all about the background of the restaurant as well as explaining the specials. Our dishes were made well and tasted great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent from start to finishSandeeDined on 9/6/2014I recently dined here with my husband and another couple. We started with a round of cocktails. Very creative concoctions and really tasty. For appetizers, the artichoke raviolis and duck wings were great choices. Each of us ordered a different entrée - schnitzel, scallops, sea bass and fish tacos - all were equally fantastic. The dessert was a chocolate soufflé - wonderfully decadent and enough for the table to share. Our server was pleasant and knowledgeable and the atmosphere was fun and lively. I would definitely return to Vine Restaurant.Special Features:
- Check out Vine - amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014If you are in San Clemente CA a must restaurant stop is at Vine on El Camino Real. Its that kind of place where everything is great - great service, great food, great atmosphere, great ambiance and decor. Its a real gem and highly recommended.Special Features:
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014I had heard very good things about vine. All of them were confirmed and more. Very impressive wine list and menu. Great service.Special Features:
- Lulu100Dined on 9/5/2014This was our first time at this restaurant, it was very enjoyable, the service was excellent and good wine list.Special Features: