Vine Restaurant & Bar
211 N El Camino Real
San Clemente, CA 92672Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Vine Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vinesanclemente.com/
- Phone: 9493612079x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday - 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Saturday - 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday - 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, French American
- Executive Chef: Jared Cook
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Vine Restaurant & Bar
Welcome to Vine Restaurant and Bar located in San Clemente. We have a great selection of Wine Country menu selections! Our menu features seasonal ingredients of the highest quality and are prepared daily from scratch. Menu selections include exceptional meats, flavorful seafood, handpicked produce from our garden, and diverse beverage selections. We have over 25 wines by the glass, 10 craft beers, and a full bar featuring a wide variety of craft cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Vine Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in San Clemente ›
Vine Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (64)neighborhood gem (54)special occasion (53)notable wine list (41)romantic (40)vibrant bar scene (27)great for outdoor dining (12)hot spot (10)good for groups (7)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Wonderful setting and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Loved the ambiance outside. The server and food were excellent! The server described the dishes perfectly and the food was more than enough to satisfy. The local beers were terrific and the server knew exactly what kind that I would like based on my description. There was another large family with small kids at the table which made the noise level increase. Other than that I would really recommend this restaurant to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service fair'gildaDined on 9/13/2014The service was polite and friendly but so slow. The waiter was informed about the food and descriptive. I scottish salmon I ordered was worth a return trip, however, my friend's cow au vin was so under seasoned it was inedible. They were nice about not charging us. If in the area I would give it another try.Special Features:
- Very tasty foodsMinCarlsbadDined on 9/13/2014Small local, but a gem in San Clemente. Specials were very tasty! Recommend the scallopsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experiencefoodloverDined on 9/13/2014The food was very good. Fun evening with friends. My only complaint was with the wine. I told our waiter that we didn't really like it, but he didn't offer a solution. So that was a waste of a bottle of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!Lisalu1882Dined on 9/9/2014We came for dinner and the service was exceptional. Our waiter told us all about the background of the restaurant as well as explaining the specials. Our dishes were made well and tasted great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent from start to finishSandeeDined on 9/6/2014I recently dined here with my husband and another couple. We started with a round of cocktails. Very creative concoctions and really tasty. For appetizers, the artichoke raviolis and duck wings were great choices. Each of us ordered a different entrée - schnitzel, scallops, sea bass and fish tacos - all were equally fantastic. The dessert was a chocolate soufflé - wonderfully decadent and enough for the table to share. Our server was pleasant and knowledgeable and the atmosphere was fun and lively. I would definitely return to Vine Restaurant.Special Features:
- Check out Vine - amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014If you are in San Clemente CA a must restaurant stop is at Vine on El Camino Real. Its that kind of place where everything is great - great service, great food, great atmosphere, great ambiance and decor. Its a real gem and highly recommended.Special Features:
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014I had heard very good things about vine. All of them were confirmed and more. Very impressive wine list and menu. Great service.Special Features:
- Lulu100Dined on 9/5/2014This was our first time at this restaurant, it was very enjoyable, the service was excellent and good wine list.Special Features:
- Fine DiningSuzanneVIPDined on 8/22/2014Knowledgeable server, interesting signature drinks, and interesting presentation of the food. My husband had the salmon and raved about the flavors. Upon recommendation by our server, I had the boulibaise and it had a wonderful tomato broth. If we loved in the area, we would certainly be back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old recipes were betterrichardVIPDined on 8/19/2014still a great pub but the food has fallen off, the old clean flavors are now submerged in dressings, sauces, spices, salt
- Great Dining ExperienceMommaMariaDined on 8/16/2014Superb food and great service. Don't miss ordering their Coq Au Vin, delectably tender chicken & mushrooms braised in the best mushroom and onion sauce ever.Special Features:
- Terrific foodGramaDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant is a foodie Haven....the food is always outstanding as is the service.Special Features:
- Great food, service & atmosphere!luvz2dineDined on 8/14/2014My wife and I had dinner here for the first time and really enjoyed our experience. Would definitely refer Vine to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulYummyDined on 8/13/2014Everything was wonderful. Smart and thoughtful waiter. Owner involved and active in making everything perfect. Our party of five enjoyed a huge and very tasty steak, heirloom tomato soup, seared tuna salad, amazing hamburger, delicious lamb shank any very good wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow what a steakPaycheckVIPDined on 8/9/2014I have eaten at the vine on more than one occasion form it's inception to the now. And let me tell you the change is dramatic. the owner is present, the chef is inspired and the meal last night was mouthwatering. I would recommend this place to any of my friends, associates or happens by.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014Food and Service outstanding! Relaxed atmosphere specials are always amazing and the oysters the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Fantastic!ForeverFoodieDined on 8/7/2014Can't say enough about Vines Restaurant. Familiar faces, fabulous food and a fun upbeat environment. Always great and they have a way of making everyone feel special.Special Features:
- Great spotWonderfulVIPDined on 7/31/2014Vine is a wonderful find. Food was excellent as was the service. The wine room would be a great space for a private party. Excellent wine list. No on-site parking (not usual for San Clemente), so allow extra time to find street parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodlizzyDined on 7/29/2014Must admit did not have a good experience initially. They sat us in the bar with a reservation, I complained and we were moved. It impacted our experience. But Gregory made up for most of it. He was excellent and made great recommendations. The food was good. If you visit ask for Gregory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotPKBearFanDined on 7/26/2014Service, food and energy all great. We had the scallops special and it was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occasion2awesomeforwordsDined on 7/24/2014Celebrated our 15th anniversary with a very delicious dinner. Staff were very helpful and personable. Provided us with a complimentary dessert for our anniversary which was totally unexpected. Looking forward to another visit when we are in the area.Special Features:
- otis1Dined on 7/12/2014Food and presentation were excellent. Menu is rather pricey. It was rather noisy by the time we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceWineNdineDined on 7/11/2014We absolutely loved dining at the Vine restaurant. Everything we ordered was amazing. The handcrafted drinks, the various appetizers, main dishes and dessert were all outstanding. This was the best food we've eaten at a restaurant in a long time.Special Features:
- VINE DEVINEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014LOVE LOVE LOVE this new find!!! Exceptional service and food!! The owners come by, say hi and introduce themselves, truly nice and very involved guys!!! Last but in no way "least" is the EXCEPTIONAL wine list and wines by the glass. The waiter, Gregory, is batting 1000 on all recommendations of wines by the glass to accompany the amazing food. Nothing but plus plus plus here, have been back over and over!!!!Special Features:
- San Clemente Quality Diningpeterg270Dined on 7/3/2014World class menu in an accessible environment. The right mix of French Brasserie and California Cuisine for any celebration.Special Features:
- Local GemFoodFiendVIPDined on 7/2/2014Where to begin... We've been coming to Vine for a little while now and everything has always been great. On this particular night, we brought my family so we sat at the communal table in the bar rather than our normal chefs counter (which is always great when it's date night). We started with a charcuterie plate that is superbly well balanced. Then we all went right into entrees. The halibut cheek special was unbelievable! It was melt in your mouth. The braised lamb shank falls right off the bone, no need for a knife. Delicious! The cocktails are always on point too, I really enjoyed the special "salty bangerang" they had. Definitely recommend it to everyone!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014make reservations otherwise it's worth the wait. the tomahawk chop was like butter in your mouth.Special Features:
- Delicious and EfficientThe1gourmetmermaidDined on 6/28/2014We are locals and love this restaurant. Food is Great, service is Great, especially Michelle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FoodLNLadyDined on 6/28/2014The food was outstanding. We were a party of four with very divergent tastes and the Vine Restaurant had something for everyone. The Sea Bass and the Scottish Salmon was amazing. My brother-in-law ordered a hamburger and it was out of this world. As I said, they have something for everyone. The Mac and cheese is not to be missed. Our server was great. He was there when we needed him and gone when we didn't. You can't go wrong making a reservation at this restuarant.Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantTimRDined on 6/20/2014Our first impression was that The Vine felt a bit upscale, maybe a bit pricey, so we decided that maybe we would go there for a special occasion. We went to The Vine for our 27th Anniversary this past Friday. When we were seated it felt like we were in the cellar of a winery. It has a rustic yet upscale feel. The service was excellent. We never felt rushed or pushed along in any way. Everything seemed to arrive at the perfect time. I enjoyed the New York steak with bernaise sause. My wife had the Halibut steak (one of the specials that evening). My steak was perfectly prepared and mouth-watering. The halibut was just as good. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a fine dining experience in San Clemente.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/20/2014I was in the San Clemente area for just over 24 hours and Vine received rave reviews both from locals and online. I ordered the pork schnitzel and dumplings with wild mushrooms, a dish about which the waiter was exceptionally enthusiastic. Unfortunately, it was a big disappointment. The schnitzel was pretty dry and there was almost as much breading as there was meat...the pork had been pounded excessively. As a result, it was difficult to really even taste the meat. The dumplings were also overcooked and very over salted. Oh well. My Romanian grandmother's schnitzel and dumplings could have easily outdone Vine's in terms of moisture and taste, I'm quite sorry to say.Special Features:
- LuvtheeatsDined on 6/15/2014Loved the food. It was absolutely delicious. The service was wonderful our waitress was delightful.Special Features:
- great experiencegotheritageDined on 6/15/2014Loved the menue selection, beautifully arranged on the plate, very tasty food, nice flavors, no overwhelming spices but not blend. Excellent service, outstanding friendly and helpful. Great restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consitently GoodimacDined on 6/12/2014A local favorite for us. We enjoy the option of eating in the dining room or bar, both are nice but have different atmospheres. I also like their wine pricing and section both by the glass and the bottle - the mark up seems reasonable (vs. outrageous) and for this reason Vine is a great locals choice because Vine is equally great for a casual dining or a special occasion. We also like being able to have a tapas style dinner or full course meal.Special Features:
- Amazing meal!luv2eatDined on 6/12/2014There are two sides to the restaurant, a quiet more romantic side and a side with a fun bar scene with high top tables. We have been here many times and love this place. This time they had a Spring menu and it was unique and delicious. We had the lamb cheek with eggplant and chickpeas, oysters, goat cheese pesto stuffed piquillo peppers and beet salad. All wonderful! And we can never go there without having the amazing chocolate soufflé. Great service too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!DesertdinerVIPDined on 6/12/2014Went with two other couples and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. Mostly we had halibut and schnitzel and both were perfect. Wonderful waiter and ambiance. A good time was had by allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceDudsterDined on 6/11/2014Booked a table after seeing all the other reviews. The menu is wide ranging. It was VERY loud in the restaurant. The service was great, but I found the food was a little overcooked. I had the pork schnitzel which was overcooked. My wife's sea bass was better. The Scharffenberger soufflé for desert was a little dry, but good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A find and a halfdavyDined on 6/8/2014We greatly enjoyed the pork schnitzel and this fish special (a variety of escolar?), but the wine, appetizer, and dessert were also superb. We definiitely plan to come again, perhaps with others.Special Features:
- vine does it rightdoktrzDined on 6/7/2014in this day in age of restaurants flipping tables every night it was a pleasurable experience 2 be able to take your time through several courses and several bottles of wine at vine. we were clearly dining on our own terms. We never felt rushed and we were made to feel right at homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.