Vine & Fig Tree Bistro
19 East State Street
Doylestown, PA 18901Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Vine & Fig Tree Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vineandfigtreebistro.com/
- Phone: 2153451555
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday & Wednesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Breakfast: Monday & Tuesday - Saturday: 8:00am - 2:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Drew Abbate
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
A word from Vine & Fig Tree Bistro
Vine & Fig Tree, a truly comfortable, warm and inviting BYO Bistro is now serving a relaxed all-day breakfast and mid-day lunch menu. Casual bistro dinners with simple desserts are available Thursday through Sunday evenings. Seasonal outdoor dining is available on our patio. Chef Drew Abbate draws his inspiration for Vine & Fig Tree from the informal celebrations that took place in his grandfather’s backyard filled with long tables of delicious food, trees strung with lights, homemade wine, and the laughter of family and friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vine & Fig Tree Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- I will truly miss the Vine and Fig!BookloverDined on 10/11/2013What a loss for Downtown Doylestown when this restaurant closes next week! My friends and I have had a wonderful breakfast get together place, both comfortable and with delicious food! The "Healthy" breakfast is my constant favorite. All but twice the weather cooperated and we got to eat outside - the best. It was the most pleasant place to eat with great food and a delightful staff. We will truly miss Drew and his restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vine &Fig visitJaysDined on 10/3/2013Place is closing so not much to say. Location is great.
- Brunch!JvillanteDined on 9/26/2013Vine and Fig Bistro is a delicious spot for breakfast/brunch in Doylestown. If you're going on a weekend, make a reservation. Everyone there is very nice, and if I'm in the area during breakfast, it's their pancakes (try the pumpkin with cinnamon vanilla butter) that I crave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charming and lovely stafflauriekDined on 9/12/2013I had a lovely lunch with a friend at the Vine and Fig Tree Bistro. I had the goat cheese sandwich and loved it. The wait staff is very friendly and the hostess charming as well. The room is very cozy and they have a good selection of unique items on their menu. I just moved here, so I will frequent this restaurant and bring a bottle of wine next time too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceAlissaDined on 9/7/2013Every course we had tasted fresh and well prepared. The menu is limited but the choices were diverse and delicious. We sat outside under the small lights with an acoustic guitar player in the back round. It was a very nice night!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local GemBlueSkiesAboveDined on 9/5/2013This restaurant is a local gem. The food is great, the servers are really nice and the atmosphere is simple yet comfortable. You can't go wrong with a meal at this local gem.Special Features:
- Local GemFoodieDined on 9/4/2013This BYOB is always good. My husband and I went here about 6-months ago and had a fantastic experience. The menu is fresh and always new. We picked it as a couples night out spot and had another great experience. Prices are reasonable and on Saturday nights they have live entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Neighborhood FindsusfratDined on 8/30/2013Food was good, cozy atmosphere, service was good....a little slow but we were in no hurry. Would recommend you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside dining in DoylestownwineanddineVIPDined on 8/19/2013I don't usually dine outside, but it was a great choice at this restaurant. I was seated by the hostess without being given a menu and was forgotten for 5 minutes or so before I signalled to the waitress. She apologised for the hostess. I was a lttle disappointed that what was on line (charcuterie plate and two types of soup) was not on the menu. In fact, no soup was available. I did have a good omlette with lamb slices and tzatziki sauce. Lunch has some limited choices at good pices.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved their outside diningskardmVIPDined on 8/10/2013We spent an enjoyable summer evening dining outside in their courtyard with live guitar music with volume perfect for dinner conversation. The menu selections were creative, and the food was very good. BYO is a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant is in a formerOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/9/2013Restaurant is in a former old house in Doylestown, so the rooms are interesting. Menu is rather limited but all the dishes were excellent.
- Nice and quaint diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2013Friendly and prompt service nice menu that is seasoned for those who enjoy good food with a twist. Always have interesting specials. Nice neighborhood go toSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Wonderful EveningChezDined on 6/29/2013My girlfriend and I have been to Vine & Fig several times and the food is always outstanding. Last time we were able to sit outside and it definitely upped the ambience as well. It's nestled in the middle of town but the noise is not bad and you definitely get a European feel in the back yard with the lights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!KirpaDined on 6/28/2013We really enjoyed our meal here & will be back! The weather was not good, so Outside dining was not an option. Next time I would love to sit outside on a nice night. The food was fresh and very delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cant wait to go backKevinFDined on 6/27/2013Best resturant in doyelstown PA. Everything is freshly prepared with incredible flavor combinations. My favorite is the fired goat cheese, with honey, and figs. Its an amazing and creative combination. Everything that comes out of the kitchen you can tell is fresh and the chef is passionate about the food he is presenting which makes this the ideal place to be adventurous and try new things. I have been here twice and tried Rabbit and Cornish hen for the first time. Both were incredible. We have also tried the gnocchi which was a high-end Italian restaurant quality. For my $ its the best gnocchi in d-town hands down. Overall this place provides great food and reasonable prices. The staff is always friendly and attentive as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Started rough but ended wellRegularChicagoDinerVIPDined on 6/21/2013We were surprised this was BYOB. Luckily there is a wine store 3 blocks away. They did not have our reservation. Also told no more outside seating even though we could see empty tables outside. Then we waited and waited for service and could not even get a corkscrew to open our wine. Just as we were getting up to leave the hostess came over told us there was seating that opened up outside and offering to open the wine. We then settled in to a very interesting twist on bistro food. Service was still minimal (seemed like waitress was overwhelmed). Also some dishes you don't see elsewhere. So maybe it was just a rough start.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining in Doylestownvegan4lifeDined on 6/20/2013We dined outside on the patio, which was tucked behind the building instead of sitting right on the street, so it was very quiet and private. The wait staff are very pleasant and helpful. We were brought a wine bucket to chill the wine brought with us. The food was delicious and was moderately priced. Overall it was a wonderful dining experience that I intend to repeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden, Unpretentious GemRudieFoodieDined on 6/15/2013I could not have chosen nor expected a better place for a first date...or nice dinner for two...or with friends...intimate, quiet, comfortable...and the food was excellent - preparation, presentation, and taste. Highly recommended. Reasonably or appropriately priced...BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening on the TerracediningmavenDined on 6/8/2013We sat outside on the terrace on a perfectly delightful evening. We arrived early so service was attentive, food attractively presented and quite delicious. Interesting menu that combines some tradtional dishes with the chef's own inventive twist. It was easy to forget that we were right in the center of town - rather European. A little gem. Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- QUITE A JEMJGGJDined on 6/1/2013MY CONCERN ABOUT A LIMITED MENU WAS ELIMINATED BY THE QUALITY OF THE FOOD AND SERVICE OF THE WAIT STAFF...WILL DEFINITELY GO AGAIN...QUITE A JEMSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ExperiencePartyof4Dined on 5/27/2013The reservation was made for 4 people. One person of the four arrived on time but was not seated. When I arrived, the front desk seating person told me no one had arrived yet. We waited 30 minutes for a table outside that was already free for seating while other patrons, who did not have reservations, were seated immediately. I would probably not go there again because of the service/ or lack there of. The food was good but pricey. A grill cheese for $7.00, and the coffee was luke warm. When we asked for a decaf cappuchino, we were told they did not have any decaf coffee. The name of the restaurant is cute but the ambiance is mediocre at best. In my opinion, this is not a good review.Special Features:
- We are always looking forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/27/2013We are always looking for good BYOs and this fit the bill! Loved the window table right on State Street! Great menu and service. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am usually very positiveBraveheartVIPDined on 4/26/2013I am usually very positive when I do a review but this was not a great experience. The service was marginal, the food varied from Ok to great, it was cramped and noisy, and very expensive for what you got. With all the great places in this area we will not be returning.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2013I loved the food. I will go back again. I went during restaurant week and was disappointed by the choice of only one thing for that deal. But this was Doylestown's 1st restaurant week so maybe next year will have better offerings. I will, however, go back because the quality and taste of the menu item I had was top notch.Special Features:
- A great byob. Small but quaint.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2013A great byob. Small but quaint. Food was great, as well as service. A great enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- Inconsistent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2013Four for dinner, about half the dishes were excellent and the rest were less than excellent. I started with a salad that was fresh and perfectly dressed. It was excellent. And then I got one of the specials for an entree. It was billed as pork loin, but it was really just a tough, boneless pork chop with a tasteless gravy on it. It was also on top of "squash" that was more like watered down baby food (required a spoon to eat). My partner had a special appetizer of roasted eggplant and tahini which he said was bitter and not very good. His entree of monk fish was fresh and excellent. Only one server for quite a few tables...one rather large party included. She was clearly stretched too far. Live music was way too loud.
- This restaurant gets a reviewDada1VIPDined on 3/22/2013This restaurant gets a review for great manners! They had a personal emergency and called us personally to apologize and cancel our reservation and offered to secure a reservation in a nearby restaurant. Personal service like this is rarely found these daces. We will certainly reschedule our reservation. Charming
- Keep it a secret!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/1/2013First time there, but won't be the last. Food was great, I was bummer that the website's menu was "year's old!"Special Features:
- Fresh food prepared well.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/28/2013Food was fresh and tasty. Some combinations worked better than others( trout and fennel was great, while eggplant and pomegranate not as well.Special Features:
- Wonderful BYOB with an interestingFoodieDined on 2/16/2013Wonderful BYOB with an interesting menu and excellent service. Recommend for any date night or special occasion.Special Features:
- Convenient to County Theater.PatKDined on 2/1/2013Convenient to County Theater. Nice menu additions. Friendly, thoughtful service. Don't miss desserts.Special Features:
- Had dinner there on a Fri.KarenDined on 1/11/2013Had dinner there on a Fri. evening and they had live music. In my opinion it is a small place to have live music as it was hard to hear our conversation. Most of us ordered an eggplant appetizer and I'm not sure if it was supposed to be this way but the outside skin on all of ours was burnt. The burnt skin took away from whatever he was trying to do with the rest of it. My fish was very good as my main course. My husband ordered the salmon and it was such a small portion, it looked almost like it could have been an appetizer....and then add to it they forgot to bring him his salad. We split two desserts that were very good. Could have been an off night, might give it one more chance.
- Dinner and a movie . . . .OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/10/2013Was a great dinner on a Thursday night. Started with a delicious grilled eggplant topped with tahini and pomegranate seeds. Then came the halibut which was cooked perfectly. Since we were running to the movies, we did not have time for dessert. It is a bit noisy with large parties (10 women having a wine tasting - looked like fun) but the server was quite considerate asking them to lower their volume. Will return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Had a great lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/7/2013Somehow our reservation through Open Table was not received by the restaurant but they quickly made accommodations for us by rearranging a group already seated who were willing to move a bit. We had a delicious lunch and the staff were very pleasant and attentive.Special Features:
- I was stuck in the hurricane...wiouOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/4/2012I was stuck in the hurricane...wiout power etc and had to cancel my reservation. I called the restaurant to cancel and they said I had to do it through open table. I attempted to get on line and cancel and could not figure out how to do it. Considering I had major phone and power issues, I gave up. It shouldn't be so hard to cancel a reservation.
- Too pricey for atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/26/2012Too pricey for atmosphere. I often have had brunch there and it's always good. Dinner was very small menu with some unique choices, but my husband's pork was very dry. Sat near ice machine and service area and it almost felt like in the kitchen.Special Features:
- The food was so fresh andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012The food was so fresh and tasty! I love the interesting flavor combinations. I will definetly return to this fabulous find! The chocolate mousse was delish!Special Features:
- SAD... Save yourself the trip !JaffeDined on 10/7/2012Of all my dining experiences... this was the worst. We decided to try this restaurant after looking at the web site where brunch is listed on Sundays. Upon arrival we waited 20 minutes to be seated. The table was sticky, covered with salt and the menus tattered. Turns out their definition of brunch is just a time, not a meal. The server looked confused when I asked for a brunch menu, not the breakfast menu at 11 AM. They DO NOT offer brunch. The food was mediocre at best. The service was poor. I would not recommend this place when there are so many better choices in the area.
- Small menu in a cozy setting.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2012Small menu in a cozy setting. Our part of the establishment had 4 tables - one hostess / server. It was our first visit there and would try it again. The food was fresh and creative. You've got to try the fried goat cheese with honey !
- Menu was very small, 5 entreesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012Menu was very small, 5 entrees and out of 1. They did have 2 specials, but overal limited.Special Features: