1732 N. Halsted
Chicago, IL 60614Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vincichicago.com/
- Phone: 3122661199
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:30 - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Paul Loduca
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Country Italian style cuisine.
- Private Party Facilities: Vinci may accommodate parties of 10 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Aykut Sinanoglu 312-266-1199
A word from Vinci
Vinci serves up hearty Italian food to comfort and satisfy. Beautiful Da Vinci style murals, floor to ceiling wine racks, and soft lighting create a warm and comfortable spot in the heart of Lincoln Parks theater district. Vinci also offers wine dinners on the second Wednesday of each month.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vinci reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (64)fit for foodies (30)special occasion (26)romantic (25)good for groups (24)great for outdoor dining (17)notable wine list (15)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Perfect Italian DiningCrystalDined on 9/7/2014Always love dining here with family or just my husband. We have celebrated birthdays, graduations and special holidays with family and friends for years. Food is always delicious and the staff always make you feel like family and take great care of you. Hope they are around for a long time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2014We haven't been to Vinci in many years and we're so glad we decided to return. The food is as good as we remember and it's just such a great place to enjoy an evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!!!kiepkathDined on 8/29/2014The food was great and the service was very good as well. I ordered a pasta dish off the gluten free menu and it was fantastic!! I would definitely return to Vinci. For an appetizer we ordered the Caprese Salad, which was very good as well. All four of the people in our group had no complaints about the food. The restaurant wasn't super busy when we dined on a Friday night. This restaurant is worth a trip to.Special Features:
- A lovely night in ChicagoaWanderingConsidineDined on 8/29/2014I took my wife to Vinci this last weekend for a romantic dinner for two - and had a lovely time. The staff was very friendly, and had some great recommendations. The food was outstanding. We will certainly make an effort to come back any time we swing through Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed with Vinci'sJaneVIPDined on 8/29/2014We have been dining at Vinci's for many years prior to theater time at Steppenwolf. However, it has been declining lately -- we do not know the reason. We were denied our favorite table, which was empty when we arrived, and stayed vacant for over an hour. We had an unpleasant waitress -- I requested a second serving of bread and she argued with me about the slice I pointed to. She ask no one else at the table if they would like a second, but left in a huff. Our entries appeared to have been warmed in the micro. My raviolies were hard around the edges and the basil leaves were brown and dry. My husband's pasta on the bottom was stuck to the plate. It was all dreadful and we will not return!! Jane
- Cozy, lovely, great foodCherDined on 8/28/2014I nearly always choose Vinci for pre-Steppenwolf dinner because I know it will be great, and service will be prompt if needed. There seem to be other nice places worth a whirl, but I love Vinci too much to try them! It reminds me of the Italian restaurants of my hometown - NYC. Great cocktails too. Warning - the food is high comfort (rich).Special Features:
- Dropped the ballSteakloverVIPDined on 8/24/2014Vinci has been one our GO TO place for wonderful food and service. This past Sunday, I selected Vinci to help celebrate my sister's 75th b-day. Had a 4pm reservation and noted the event. We were greeted and shown to our table. The waiter was VERY difficult to understand, the food made up for his shortcomings. As we ended the meal, I waited for the usual 'cake' to come out. NEVER happened. Upon leaving I asked the host about the oversight, he asked me "Did you let us know?' Which we both saw when he looked up the reservation. He apologized and said "I'll make it up to you, next visit" I said 'fine' and we left. Sadly we can never RE-DO the event. Additionally, I am not inclined to return any time soon and will share this story.Special Features:
- Great for Pre-TheatredisappointedVIPDined on 8/16/2014We had a wonderful dinner before going to the Steppenwolf Theatre. The service was great. Loved my cocktail with the muddled berries and sage. The fig appetizer was delicious and the veal was even better. Would definitely go back again. We sat outside and since the patio is on the side street it was nice and peaceful.Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Always a wonderful experience. Food and service always outswtanding. Love this place. Great place to eat before theater.Special Features:
- Perfect before theaterimwriterDined on 8/12/2014Vinci keeps upping its game, and we continue to be pleased. We've gone there for years, but the food keeps getting better. Beautifully seasoned and very pleasing.Special Features:
- FIne Italian food on the patioBJdinerDined on 8/10/2014On a recent trip to Chicago with friends we chose theis restaurant because of proximity to Steppenwolf. We were very satisfied with both our dinners and service. All had pasta and all of the dishes were well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vinci a Great For Dinner and a ShowRedhawkBillDined on 8/7/2014We had a great evening, dining at Vinci before heading next door to the Steppenwolf for a show. Can't beat the convenience for a very special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GnocchiLookingforexcellenceDined on 8/3/2014Strange sausage in this dish. My friend ate around it. All in all food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and great service!aroy3755Dined on 7/22/2014My husband and I ate here before going to a performance at Steppenwolf Theatre and couldn't be happier. Our reservation was at 5:30PM and they don't start seating until that time but they open the bar at 5:00PM so we went in and ordered a drink while we waited. The bartender was very engaging and made wonderful drinks (he made by the far the best lemon drop I've ever had). Once seated we were served fresh bread and butter which was amazing. I ordered the rigattoni and my husband had the raviolli and both were absolutely mouth watering. We were then surprised with a dessert on the house for our anniversary and it was just as amazing as the rest of our meal. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves italian food!Special Features:
- Theater connectionMURPHDined on 7/16/2014A great pre-theater dinner before going to Steppenwolf! They are very aware of curtain times and aim to please! Great variety of choice menu dishes and good wine.Special Features:
- Great place before TheaterPhilVIPDined on 7/13/2014Great to go before or after Steppenwolf Theater. Good food, friendly service. Clyde is great at the Bar and makes excellent wine suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect before and after theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014The atmosphere was friendly and the food was perfect with ideal portions that satisfied without filling up just before the theater.Special Features:
- OscarOscarDined on 7/6/2014Good food and good friendly service, we wil come backlSpecial Features:
- convenient option for theater nightlucyVIPDined on 7/5/2014Great location near Steppenwolf. Comfortable, attractive, and spacious setting. Fine service. Food/menu was nothing particularly special or interesting - good, not great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/29/2014Dining at Vinci is always a most pleasurable experience. The food and service are always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre-theatrelibraVIPDined on 6/24/2014great for pre-theatre, Food and coffee was outstanding. Service was pleasant.
- Vinci never disappointszoobratVIPDined on 6/21/2014Since patrons frequently use Vinci as a pre-theater dining spot, 8:00 reservations are usually easy to come by at the last minute (helpful for the spontaneous diner!). The food has remained consistently very good throughout their 22 year history with a complimentary wine list and wonderful service. Whether you are dining as a twosome or a group, Vinci will provide a lively, enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastichannahDined on 6/6/2014Great service. The bartender,wish I could remember his name made a great recomendationv to my daughter of the pork chop. She was torn between the veal saltimbocca and the pork chop. She loved the pork chop and would get it again next time we go. Love the place would recommend it highly!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre theater optionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/29/2014How fortunate we felt finding this beautifully designed restaurant just a block away from both the Royal George and Steppenwolf theaters. We had a delicious dinner, were served in a timely manner, and made it to our play. We were also able to talk to one another during the meal, a real plus these days. And... the prices were reasonable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceRidleyDined on 5/25/2014The food was very good. The service was outstanding and added to our experience. Close to theater. It is convenient and a wonderful choice for before or after the theater.Special Features:
- The following 1027 reviews are from the Vinci reviews archive.
- Vein Vidi VinciTheaterdiningDined on 5/24/2014Great food, reasonable prices, friendly, efficient service. Convenient to Steppenwolf and Royal George Theaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Reliable Pre-TheatreScotladdieDined on 5/21/2014Hard to beat Vinci for Steppenwolf pre-theatre. Always solid, reliable, enjoyable experieceSpecial Features:
- Delicious as always!NoGlutenDined on 5/17/2014Thank you for being so aware of allergies and deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-theaterHappyDinerVIPDined on 5/14/2014Wonderful daily specials with fresh, flavorful choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night of Food and TheaterSicilian4lifeDined on 5/10/2014Thank you Vinci for yet another great night of dining and wining before theater. We had a group of eight that got a little loud for the adjacent table (over 60 crowd) but thoroughly enjoyed our meal despite the looks. Six of my eight were first timers to Vinci. They spoke highly of the food quality and presentation. Strawberry Martini special was the perfect elixir to start the evening. The roast duck was outstanding. My wife loved the gluten-free pasta. Compliments and special mention to the chef! Service, as always, was excellent. See you again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OzzieVIPDined on 5/9/2014What has happened! Food was not good. Fresh mozzarella? It was dried out. Too much balsamic. Main entree not any better. Won't be back.
- Not just a GF WOW!GFandNotDined on 5/6/2014Knowledgable waitstaff on wines and menu items. Grilled calamari, mushroom gnocchi started us off beautifully, with seafood, hen and pastas as mains. Everything came out hot and cooked to our specific requests. Best of all, it was all delicious. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trixie and BevoTrixie40VIPDined on 5/4/2014A great go-to place for excellent service and great food, not to mention the creative mixologist who can whip up smooth beverages with interesting ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayImoAVIPDined on 5/1/2014The food is certainly delicious but the portions were pretty small. Our first waiter disappeared without any explanation and we ended up with someone else who was actually pretty nice. The seating is somewhat cramped. Next time I would probably ask for a corner seating. There really isn't a lot of privacy. Although I understand there is a quieter seating area (back room). The tiramisu was delicious except I asked to have my leftover wrapped up and I forgot to take it with me. I will likely return as my food was certainly very delicious!Special Features:
- Not So Good This TimejjwkDined on 4/26/2014I have dined at Vinci several times in the past 3 years pre theater, but this was the first time I made reservations through Open Table. Don't know if that made a difference, but we arrived 10 minutes early for 6 pm reservations and were seated at the banquet table next to the Hostess stand. So, maybe 2nd worst seat in room. Host and hostess were rather cool, not smiling. Waiter had to be asked twice to explain an appetizer, would it be enough for 2, and he just went into a description of ingredients. Not impolite, but again, not warm or friendly. Food was okay, nothing special. This is very different from our past experiences here. Have had waiters who explained specials, recommended wine, etc. Makes a difference.
- Never againsmjaDined on 4/25/2014I have eaten here twice now and have had lousy meals both times. On this occasion, I had a special that was a rolled beef with breadcrumb and cheese filling. It tasted like nothing more than a bowl of wet breadcrumbs. The minestrone soup was good but was priced absurdly at over $7 for a bowl with no option for just a cup. The deserts were unimpressive. The one good thing they do is after dinner drinks, especially the pistachio martini. But that's not enough to get me back. Ever.
- NickyVIPDined on 4/24/2014The restaurant is great for getting people to the nearby theaters on time. Food has always been good, not great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchCeceDined on 4/20/2014Gosh, forgot how good the brunch is here. Live right up the street & can't believe I hadn't been there in so long. I really like that they offer their brunch, dinner & a gluten-free menu. All my guests were covered. Definitely on my radar for a return visit soon!Special Features:
- A charming find in ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2014Only steps away from the theatre, shopping and public transportation is Vinci. Set in a charming vintage building, Vinci is a true gem. As you enter the bar is open and welcome. The host greets you with a smile and you are seated at a checkered table or booth. The Venetian plaster walls add old world charm and a air of coziness. Large arched windows on the north side, stream in natural light without glare. The waiting staff greets you with iced water, a cheery hello, and a smile. The brunch menu is original and specializes in several imaginative frittatas accompanied by garlic breakfast potatoes. The Italian coffees are a treat. And the prices are very reasonable. It was a memorable and I will return at least a few times a month!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnchieVIPDined on 4/19/2014Things I like about Vinci: Good food. Quiet enough that you can actually have a conversation without yelling. Rare restaurant where busboys waited until all diners had finished their meal before clearing the table (first time in several years that we encountered this). Also, check was not presented UNTIL WE REQUESTED IT! Management must have had European training.Special Features: