10 North Market Street
Asheville, NC 28801Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vincenzos.com/
- Phone: 8282544698
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian
- Executive Chef: Jim Guiffre
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A semi-private setting is available in the Ristorante virtually any night and the entire dining room can be reserved on a case by case basis depending on day of the week and/or the time of year.
- Private Party Contact: Dwight Butner 8286925268
- Entertainment: Over the years, Vincenzo's Bistro has become known as a music venue for grown-ups of all ages. While the musicians change nightly all are dedicated to contributing to our music theme offering live, jazz, blues and standards. Many of our musicians have been with us for years and have regular schedules in the Bistro. Once you have identified a particular musician you enjoy it is likely that you can experience their craft each week on the same day. All are dedicated to complementing your dining experience at Vincenzo's
A word from Vincenzo's Asheville
Vincenzo's Ristorante & Bistro is Asheville's premier Northern Italian/Continental restaurant. Established in 1990, Vincenzo's has become an institution in Asheville's downtown restaurant scene. Vincenzo's has won numerous awards for food and service over the years, while maintaining and honoring time tested recipes of Old Italy. While it is difficult to claim authenticity in the United State due to the impossibility of procuring the same products used in Italy, Vincenzo's succeeds at being a genuine Italian restaurant experience. Our wine list is extensive and representative of the depth, breath and character of one of the great wine cultures in the world, Italy. While our main dining room is white table cloth our Bistro is California casual in style and offers live music seven nights a week. The Bistro is one of Asheville's favorite local hangouts offering our same great food in a deliberately more casual atmosphere. Come build some wonderful memories with us soon!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Vincenzo's Asheville - Best Restaurants in Asheville ›
Vincenzo's Asheville reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)romantic (48)neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (29)notable wine list (22)good for groups (17)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (4)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Perfect Friend Celebration!friends4lifeDined on 9/13/2014I introduced Vincenzo's to two of my college friends as we celebrated 30+ years of friendship. They loved everything--the food, the service, the ambiance. I have been coming to this fabulous restaurant for several years and it was the perfect place to reflect on years gone by and look forward to adventures yet to be. I have never been disappointed when I have eaten at Vincenzo's and look forward to many good meals, and celebrations, in the future.Special Features:
- Love Vincenzo'sSamanthasueDined on 9/9/2014Great location, delicious food, great service, one of our favorites!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodMamasueDined on 9/7/2014We've never been disappointed. We especially enjoy listening to Steve while we dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/6/2014Noted anniversary in open table reservation, but never mentioned at dinner by server. Ambiance nice but very very loud with large groups nearby. Typical italian noisy! Food was excellent and reasonably priced. Would return.
- Every moment a special moment...ChinamomDined on 9/6/2014Tim was personable and knew the menu. This wasn't just dining. It was an experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aim to PleaseaimtopleaseDined on 9/6/2014dinner was fantastic, wine great, service fantastic, music...the best!!! There is nothing to complain about. We loved our romantic evening in the bar area and the server couldn't have been any better.Special Features:
- Vincenzo'sPetuniaDined on 9/3/2014The piano music was pretty loud but overall was a very nice experience . A bit pricy so I would save this for a special occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Very helpful and pleasant waiter. Food was excellent. Loved the music downstairs. Would like to eat down there next time.Special Features:
- adequatemiamivisitorsVIPDined on 8/30/2014took over 60min for main course to come after appetizers served. wine selection ok. all pasta over cooked including ravioli, linguini and spaghetti. fish was cooked nicely.
- Terrific!RAC4348VIPDined on 8/22/2014Our server, Hazel, was a gem. Food was terrific. House Cabernet is a keeper (Edna Valley). Great experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An old friendchocolateladyDined on 8/22/2014I have eaten here since the year it opened and always found excellent ambience, service and food. The ambience was excellent and we were greeted and seated promptly. Our waitress was just "doing her job". She did not belong in an up scale restaurant. As I have always been a strong supporter I hope the lackadaisical service was just a fluke.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/20/2014Arrived for an 8:00 reservation on a Wed. night. Only one other couple was there. By 8:10 they left and we were the only 2 people in the upstairs restaurant. Very depressing. At about 8:30 the absence of people got to us and we asked to be moved downstairs. Waitress was very accommodating. There were 2 tables of people. Still depressing. Piano player was excellent and helped to make the evening a little more pleasant. The gnochi that my husband ordered was dry with little sauce or taste. My Caesar salad, however was delicious. We then just ended up ordering dessert and leaving. Very disappointing experience. Will not go back.
- Our Favorite Asheville Italianboo2Dined on 8/15/2014This is the best special occasion restaurant in Asheville. The Ravioli de Francesca is divine, wine list is very special. I appreciate the build-your-own meal menu approach, especially the options for piccollo or full-size portions on the primi and secondi dishes.Special Features:
- Delicsious Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014The food ate Vincenzo's was excellent. Tasty, well prepared, and presentation was good with all three entrees. The waitor was helpful and friendly. The owner came around and was very friendly and checked to see if we were all satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSunshineDined on 8/9/2014We arrived early but the piano player was already playing. Our server was excellent, the food also. We finished just as "family hour" was starting so this was great timing but of note-the place is family friendly. We had a good table, noise level was good-my husband who is hard of hearing-could easily hear me. We truly enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding, as always!HappyLocalDined on 8/2/2014We always go to Vincenzo's to celebrate special occasions. This time, our 6th wedding anniversary was made even more special by the impeccable service and amazing food we enjoyed. In a town such as Asheville, a restaurant has to be absolutely amazing in order to stand out. Vincenzo's leads the way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ROZADined on 8/2/2014over rated restaurant, overpriced food, server was friendly
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014My husband and I were visiting Asheville for our anniversary. A friend recommended Vicenzo's, so we decided to try it for our Anniversary dinner date. They have a piano player, in the bistro area, so we sat there. It was very romantic and the food was amazing!!Special Features:
- The Oaks Bed and BreakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014We discovered Vincenzo's quite by accident a while back while walking the streets of Asheville. The Steve Whiddon's piano magic drew us in and we have been returning for the delicious Italian cuisine, wine and service ever since. Molly was a wonderful part of our evening and we hope to see her again.Special Features:
- Consistently good Italian foodCharlottefoodieDined on 7/26/2014We have eaten at Vincenzo's at least 4 times on trips to Asheville and it has always been very good. It is nice to find a restaurant that is consistently good over a period of many years. This time, we had a gem of a waiter named Tim to make it an even better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and parkingDinaMNVIPDined on 7/26/2014While the restaurant looks a little worn, our food was good and authentically Italian. There were lots of choices. Our server was friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable about the menu. Parking available in adjacent lots was a plus.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014Probably the best Italian Restaurant in town. They have my two favorite dishes, Canneloni and Osso Bucco!Special Features:
- BillOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/23/2014Downstairs is noisy--upstairs is quite and very nice.Special Features:
- The Joy of Old School ItalianJTATLVIPDined on 7/20/2014This was a very pleasant surprise juxtaposed with all the other 'Farm to Table' menu options in Asheville. We liked the comfort and polish of the dining room, the classic service, and the predictable and expertly prepared classics. Many favorites. We'd go back in a heartbeat the next time we're in town.Special Features:
- fantastic foodJimSVIPDined on 7/18/2014The pesce. Napoli is out of this world. Eat downstairs in the bar, it is worth it just to hear their piano player.Special Features:
- Great valueSlimfoodieDined on 7/17/2014I have always felt this is a great value for the money. You have a great selection from which to choose and all of it it wonderful. I especially like the fact that you can get a smaller portion of everything including salads. Most restaurants portions easily serve two and I sometimes split a meal for that reason but at Vincinzos we can each get something different and in an amout that we can eat. There is a regular size for the bigger eaters also. The bar downstairs has entertainment and you can eat there also. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place to eat.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014only complaint was the pasta was a little too well done. other then that it was excellent.Special Features:
- A very nice experienceHighStandardsX2Dined on 7/11/2014This was our first visit. All the special requests we made in the reservation were met. Food and service was very good. My entree was excellent. My wife's meal was just a bit heavy on the garlic which is the only reason this is not a 5 star review, a situation that could probably be remedied when ordering. The menu has many good looking options. We will be back and try other things.Special Features:
- Great service, great Italian food!ErickaDined on 7/10/2014We go there regularly and are always treated wonderfully. There is a great staff, good food and a nice relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:
- Excellent in every way!spicysicilianDined on 7/4/2014This was our 1st stop in Asheville & it was absolutely wonderful! We reserved our large party online at OpenTable, which was very convenient. Everyone in our group thoroughly enjoyed their food; in fact, my dad said the Chicken Francais was the best he ever had (he has had that entree many times). The upstairs was quiet while classical music played softly in the background. Our server, David, was a true professional & wonderful server for our party. Vincenzo's set the bar really high! We're happy to have family in Asheville so we can visit this gem of a place in the near future!Special Features:
- awesome-as alwaysjystadhomeDined on 7/2/2014A favorite for this couple since our marriage 3 years ago. David has always been fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyGumaDined on 6/28/2014As always the food was excellent. This was our fourth time here and we never have been disappointed. We brought another couple wth us and they will now be regular patrons. The service wasn't as good as normal, I relate this to now busy you were Saturday. However the server was pleasant. We will be back again for sureSpecial Features:
- Fabulous!nygalDined on 6/24/2014My favorite place to go when we visit Asheville. Food is always outstanding and service is fabulous. Our server made some recommendations that we followed and were very glad we did. My only regret was being too full to have dessert. Will definitely go back on our next visit.Special Features:
- Excellent choice for Italian farencdinerDined on 6/21/2014Vincenzo's is one of our favorite restaurants in Asheville. The food is consistently good, and the wait staff friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Very good Italianaleonard44Dined on 6/20/2014We have dined at Vicenzo's Asheville before and wanted to go back for our anniversary. The waiter was very attentive and answered all of our questions. The food was delicious and plentiful. It really reminds us of an authentic Italian restaurant , and we recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Food below averageStoneyDined on 6/17/2014Bread stale. Polenta bland. Chicken overcooked could not get ordered drinks. Manhattan. Salad was bland and not fresh
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/11/2014We had a great meal. Our server was attentive and knowledgeable. The atmosphere was relaxed with wonderful piano music.Special Features:
- JodobandoDined on 6/9/2014We love going here and the music by Steve Whidden is breathtaking.Special Features:
- The mussels were out of this worldNFexperienceDined on 6/7/2014Ended up using my spoon to clean the appetizer plate. The sauce was nothing short of outstanding. Our entree dishes were just as good. The small plate portion was a plus and we are always happy to see restaurants offering this option. We had our 9 year old with us and there was not a children's menu items available, however the waiter was able to customize a simplly delicious pasta & chicken dish. Everything was spot on except for one thing. The bread served is of novice quality and lacks luster. For a restaurant to serve an outstanding meal, it must be accompanied with great bread. As a filler, good bread will stretch your meal and allow you to take your leftovers home and reflect on the quality of your overall experience....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our anniversary dinner!CarolbfDined on 6/7/2014We had an upstairs room. Noise was moderate even though it was a large room. Services was excellent. The fried calamari was decent but a bit more breaded than we are used to. The bread was definitely a disappointment. (We thought we'd be getting crusty, but the bread was soft and thinly sliced and fell apart as it was being picked up.) On the contrary, the Caesar salads were excellent and the filets we ordered (one with marsala and one with Gorgonzola) were outstanding. This was our anniversary and we were pleasantly surprised to learn that our glasses of wine were complimentary (the waiter explained that desserts are usually complimentary but we didn't order desserts.) Over all a nice dinner.Special Features: