10 North Market Street
Asheville, NC 28801Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vincenzos.com/
- Phone: 8282544698
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian
- Executive Chef: Jim Guiffre
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A semi-private setting is available in the Ristorante virtually any night and the entire dining room can be reserved on a case by case basis depending on day of the week and/or the time of year.
- Private Party Contact: Dwight Butner 8286925268
- Entertainment: Over the years, Vincenzo's Bistro has become known as a music venue for grown-ups of all ages. While the musicians change nightly all are dedicated to contributing to our music theme offering live, jazz, blues and standards. Many of our musicians have been with us for years and have regular schedules in the Bistro. Once you have identified a particular musician you enjoy it is likely that you can experience their craft each week on the same day. All are dedicated to complementing your dining experience at Vincenzo's
A word from Vincenzo's Asheville
Vincenzo's Ristorante & Bistro is Asheville's premier Northern Italian/Continental restaurant. Established in 1990, Vincenzo's has become an institution in Asheville's downtown restaurant scene. Vincenzo's has won numerous awards for food and service over the years, while maintaining and honoring time tested recipes of Old Italy. While it is difficult to claim authenticity in the United State due to the impossibility of procuring the same products used in Italy, Vincenzo's succeeds at being a genuine Italian restaurant experience. Our wine list is extensive and representative of the depth, breath and character of one of the great wine cultures in the world, Italy. While our main dining room is white table cloth our Bistro is California casual in style and offers live music seven nights a week. The Bistro is one of Asheville's favorite local hangouts offering our same great food in a deliberately more casual atmosphere. Come build some wonderful memories with us soon!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Vincenzo's Asheville - Best Restaurants in Asheville ›
Vincenzo's Asheville reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (53)romantic (45)neighborhood gem (42)fit for foodies (32)notable wine list (27)good for groups (21)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Good food. Nice ambiance. Geat place for dinner before the theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingUncleLarDined on 10/17/2014Great service aside, cold soup (rewarmed in microwave and reserved), clueless bartender and canned clams. Not a good introduction to dining in Asheville.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/17/2014The ambiance, service, and food were all wonderful! One of the best meals I have had since moving to the area almost two years ago. The veal chop was absolutely superb.Special Features:
- AndrewDined on 10/17/2014the occasion was our anniversary and was met with a warm greeting, excellent service and guidance through the menu and fine food.Special Features:
- TraditionalwnctravellerDined on 10/15/2014We chose to eat upstairs in the quieter, more formal dining room as the piano player in the downstairs bar seemed good, but loud enough to drown out quiet conversation. The whole experience, with white table cloths, and formally dressed waiters, feels like dining used to. The food is very good; a slightly rustic, northern Italian style. We had the rissotto arancini, ossobuco, and cioppini, and all were wholesome and filling. The wine list, as you would expect, is primarily Italian varieties, with a wide price range, but the $35 valpolicella we had was good value. Depending on your viewpoint, the decor is either in need or updating or shabby chic, but it does suit the traditional vibe of the restaurant. Recommended.Special Features:
- Good restaurantMichyVIPDined on 10/12/2014Downstairs they have live piano music. Upstairs dining room quiet and outdated. The food was okay. We ordered the veal parmigiana and the eggplant parmigiana. Wine list not so great. All Italian wines mostly. No room for dessert. Prices were good.Special Features:
- TakemeoutVIPDined on 10/11/2014Food was really good. Place looks tired. Could use some fresh energy to compliment the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian comfort foodNeedhamDined on 10/11/2014This is Italian comfort food done extremely well, which is quite an accomplishment. The saltimbocca is an award winning dish and does “jump in your mouth”. Correct spice and very tender chicken with a creamy sauce with sherry over tagliatelle shows why this wins awards. The pollo marsala was very tasty, but needed just a few more mushrooms in my wife’s opinion. The old standard calamari fritti featured cornmeal breading which gave the dish a nice twist. The wine list had many interesting wines that would make good pairings with menu items. The staff was attentive and knowledgeable. Reasonable prices and free parking are added perks. Sometimes it is perfect to revert back to the roots of what makes Italian food so good.Special Features:
- Tired restaurantLaurenVIPDined on 10/9/2014Blah. It's hard to mess up gnocchi and steamed vegetables, but sadly, they managed to do so. With the vibrant restaurant scene in Asheville, they better get their act together soon.
- razorravesandrazzesDined on 10/3/2014One of the finest dining experiences we have enjoyed in a long time. Everything was great, particularly our server (Joseph), the piano man, and the food. Will plan to dine there whenever in Asheville. Small, intimate yet lively, with a very helpful but not overbearing server. Perfect for a great Italian dinner when you want to get away from the chains. Highly recommend OSTRICHE FLORINTINE…Rockefeller style oysters on the half shell with sautéed spinach, bacon & Lacatelli béchamel, and the CIOPPINO.. Sautéed white fish, scallops, mussels, clams, calamari, & shrimp in a spicy red sauce with crostini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuckeyeDined on 10/3/2014We ate at Vincenzo's last week after a 3 year hiatus and apparently there has been change in the kitchen.....we ordered dishes that we have had before and they weren't close to as good....maybe an off night or a bad choice of entre's but we think that good old Vincenzo's has slipped...service is still excellent and the wine list is better than most but those factors can't make up for the rather "ordinary" quality of our food.....Will try Pradas next time in Asheville and keep our fingers crossed....Special Features:
- Just Go!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Great staff and the food was excellent! The bartenders and wait staff were very engaging and friendly. The presentation of the meals was second only to the flavor. The owner even went out of his way to help us select the perfect wine for our meals.Special Features:
- OutdatedNotafoodieDined on 9/27/2014The decor, the food, the servers outfits, the wine menu were all outdated. The menu is way too long. It was a lot to get through before we made our decisions. The wine list lacked descriptions, and they were out of the first two bottles we requested. It's a great place for older generations - as 40 yr olds we were by far the youngest there.
- Food was superbHanoverianDined on 9/22/2014I'm glad I found Vincenzo's in downtown Asheville. The northern Italian food was delicious. They had some local beers that were very good. Service was excellent. Can't wait to go back the next time I am in Asheville.Special Features:
- Good food, poor ambianceDissapointedVIPDined on 9/22/2014It is a shame that the ambiance and staff were not up to the amazing quality of the food. The decor was extremely dated and the chairs made me wish for cheap folding chairs! They ended up being out of several things, but we only found that out after trying to order it! That is all such a shame because the food was truly outstanding!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Friend Celebration!friends4lifeDined on 9/13/2014I introduced Vincenzo's to two of my college friends as we celebrated 30+ years of friendship. They loved everything--the food, the service, the ambiance. I have been coming to this fabulous restaurant for several years and it was the perfect place to reflect on years gone by and look forward to adventures yet to be. I have never been disappointed when I have eaten at Vincenzo's and look forward to many good meals, and celebrations, in the future.Special Features:
- Love Vincenzo'sSamanthasueDined on 9/9/2014Great location, delicious food, great service, one of our favorites!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodMamasueDined on 9/7/2014We've never been disappointed. We especially enjoy listening to Steve while we dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/6/2014Noted anniversary in open table reservation, but never mentioned at dinner by server. Ambiance nice but very very loud with large groups nearby. Typical italian noisy! Food was excellent and reasonably priced. Would return.
- Every moment a special moment...ChinamomDined on 9/6/2014Tim was personable and knew the menu. This wasn't just dining. It was an experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aim to PleaseaimtopleaseDined on 9/6/2014dinner was fantastic, wine great, service fantastic, music...the best!!! There is nothing to complain about. We loved our romantic evening in the bar area and the server couldn't have been any better.Special Features:
- Vincenzo'sPetuniaDined on 9/3/2014The piano music was pretty loud but overall was a very nice experience . A bit pricy so I would save this for a special occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Very helpful and pleasant waiter. Food was excellent. Loved the music downstairs. Would like to eat down there next time.Special Features:
- adequatemiamivisitorsVIPDined on 8/30/2014took over 60min for main course to come after appetizers served. wine selection ok. all pasta over cooked including ravioli, linguini and spaghetti. fish was cooked nicely.
- Terrific!RAC4348VIPDined on 8/22/2014Our server, Hazel, was a gem. Food was terrific. House Cabernet is a keeper (Edna Valley). Great experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An old friendchocolateladyDined on 8/22/2014I have eaten here since the year it opened and always found excellent ambience, service and food. The ambience was excellent and we were greeted and seated promptly. Our waitress was just "doing her job". She did not belong in an up scale restaurant. As I have always been a strong supporter I hope the lackadaisical service was just a fluke.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/20/2014Arrived for an 8:00 reservation on a Wed. night. Only one other couple was there. By 8:10 they left and we were the only 2 people in the upstairs restaurant. Very depressing. At about 8:30 the absence of people got to us and we asked to be moved downstairs. Waitress was very accommodating. There were 2 tables of people. Still depressing. Piano player was excellent and helped to make the evening a little more pleasant. The gnochi that my husband ordered was dry with little sauce or taste. My Caesar salad, however was delicious. We then just ended up ordering dessert and leaving. Very disappointing experience. Will not go back.
- Our Favorite Asheville Italianboo2Dined on 8/15/2014This is the best special occasion restaurant in Asheville. The Ravioli de Francesca is divine, wine list is very special. I appreciate the build-your-own meal menu approach, especially the options for piccollo or full-size portions on the primi and secondi dishes.Special Features:
- Delicsious Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014The food ate Vincenzo's was excellent. Tasty, well prepared, and presentation was good with all three entrees. The waitor was helpful and friendly. The owner came around and was very friendly and checked to see if we were all satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSunshineDined on 8/9/2014We arrived early but the piano player was already playing. Our server was excellent, the food also. We finished just as "family hour" was starting so this was great timing but of note-the place is family friendly. We had a good table, noise level was good-my husband who is hard of hearing-could easily hear me. We truly enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placedmccDined on 8/8/2014Good food and nice atmosphere. Service was attention and average. Drinks were very good and in all, an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding, as always!HappyLocalDined on 8/2/2014We always go to Vincenzo's to celebrate special occasions. This time, our 6th wedding anniversary was made even more special by the impeccable service and amazing food we enjoyed. In a town such as Asheville, a restaurant has to be absolutely amazing in order to stand out. Vincenzo's leads the way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ROZADined on 8/2/2014over rated restaurant, overpriced food, server was friendly
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014My husband and I were visiting Asheville for our anniversary. A friend recommended Vicenzo's, so we decided to try it for our Anniversary dinner date. They have a piano player, in the bistro area, so we sat there. It was very romantic and the food was amazing!!Special Features:
- The Oaks Bed and BreakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014We discovered Vincenzo's quite by accident a while back while walking the streets of Asheville. The Steve Whiddon's piano magic drew us in and we have been returning for the delicious Italian cuisine, wine and service ever since. Molly was a wonderful part of our evening and we hope to see her again.Special Features:
- Consistently good Italian foodCharlottefoodieDined on 7/26/2014We have eaten at Vincenzo's at least 4 times on trips to Asheville and it has always been very good. It is nice to find a restaurant that is consistently good over a period of many years. This time, we had a gem of a waiter named Tim to make it an even better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and parkingDinaMNVIPDined on 7/26/2014While the restaurant looks a little worn, our food was good and authentically Italian. There were lots of choices. Our server was friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable about the menu. Parking available in adjacent lots was a plus.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014Probably the best Italian Restaurant in town. They have my two favorite dishes, Canneloni and Osso Bucco!Special Features:
- BillOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/23/2014Downstairs is noisy--upstairs is quite and very nice.Special Features:
- The Joy of Old School ItalianJTATLVIPDined on 7/20/2014This was a very pleasant surprise juxtaposed with all the other 'Farm to Table' menu options in Asheville. We liked the comfort and polish of the dining room, the classic service, and the predictable and expertly prepared classics. Many favorites. We'd go back in a heartbeat the next time we're in town.Special Features: