10 North Market Street
Asheville, NC 28801Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vincenzos.com/
- Phone: (828) 254-4698
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian
- Executive Chef: Jim Guiffre
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A semi-private setting is available in the Ristorante virtually any night and the entire dining room can be reserved on a case by case basis depending on day of the week and/or the time of year.
- Private Party Contact: Dwight Butner 8286925268
- Entertainment: Over the years, Vincenzo's Bistro has become known as a music venue for grown-ups of all ages. While the musicians change nightly all are dedicated to contributing to our music theme offering live, jazz, blues and standards. Many of our musicians have been with us for years and have regular schedules in the Bistro. Once you have identified a particular musician you enjoy it is likely that you can experience their craft each week on the same day. All are dedicated to complementing your dining experience at Vincenzo's
A word from Vincenzo's Asheville
Vincenzo's Ristorante & Bistro is Asheville's premier Northern Italian/Continental restaurant. Established in 1990, Vincenzo's has become an institution in Asheville's downtown restaurant scene. Vincenzo's has won numerous awards for food and service over the years, while maintaining and honoring time tested recipes of Old Italy. While it is difficult to claim authenticity in the United State due to the impossibility of procuring the same products used in Italy, Vincenzo's succeeds at being a genuine Italian restaurant experience. Our wine list is extensive and representative of the depth, breath and character of one of the great wine cultures in the world, Italy. While our main dining room is white table cloth our Bistro is California casual in style and offers live music seven nights a week. The Bistro is one of Asheville's favorite local hangouts offering our same great food in a deliberately more casual atmosphere. Come build some wonderful memories with us soon!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Vincenzo's Asheville - Best Restaurants in Asheville ›
Vincenzo's Asheville reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (56)special occasion (53)neighborhood gem (47)fit for foodies (35)notable wine list (26)good for groups (26)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (11)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- An Old Fashioned GenBillinVAVIPDined on 11/17/2014This place is a bit of a throwback, in a good way. An old fashioned sort of Italian restaurant, with a talented piano player/singer who seems to know every show tune ever published (an dis not too loud), a friendly, well coordinated staff, a large menu that has all the old favorites and some new items, and a decent wine list. The main dining area shares space with the bar, so that makes it a bit more casual for a white table cloth setting, but it works. Food was very good, service pleasant, prices more than reasonable. A solid bet in Asheville for a long time, it still does the job admirably. We are looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timemichaelDined on 11/14/2014overall it was very good. above average but not outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal, great venuedeb19VIPDined on 11/3/2014Ate upstairs with friends. Authentic Italian food and good service made our visit a pleasure. Conversation possible. After eating, the piano bar downstairs made things lively. All-in-all, a fun experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a great place.NoelDined on 11/1/2014I love your restaurant and I will continue to come for as long as I am semi-close to Asheville! My husband and I have been attending for special occasions for years. Thank you for having such a special place.Special Features:
- EnjoyableLoveItalianFoodDined on 10/25/2014My wife and I had a very enjoyable evening at this restaurant. My veal dish was outstanding and my wife really enjoyed her swordfish. We both very much enjoyed how the green bean side dish was prepared - excellent flavor. We had a Saturday night, 7:00 PM reservation for the upstairs dinning room. By 7:30 PM the place was packed and I understand that is not unique to weekends. Reservations definitely recommended for the later evening. When we arrived, the downstairs piano bar was rocking.Special Features:
- Not at its bestRandRVIPDined on 10/25/2014We've been coming here for years, every time we visit Asheville. We just make a reservation and don’t check the current reviews. But while passable this time the food as others are saying has declined. Service was great. I don’t remember the lights being this dim. But apps were poor; our friends couldn't finish the duck and bacon soup and were disappointed, as were we as their first time in Asheville. Lots of places have highs and lows over the years, chefs leave etc., so hopefully they will bounce back.Special Features:
- We loved it!SarahDined on 10/24/2014Great service. Quiet upstairs. Food delicious. Downstairs had a bar and piano player. Really liked this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Piano PlayingAshevillefoodieDined on 10/24/2014Although in downtown Asheville, a very neighborhood feel. Italian food was good and they have 2 size plates for each entree. I started with an very good oysters Rockefellar and husband had pasta with claim sauce also very good. Excellent piano player every night.Special Features:
- chefOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014I should have looked at the reviews from others on yelp before i booked this reservation for 7 of my friends. No need to go over the bad experience, other than to say the food was sub par at best, which made the service suffer. Examples of poor food quality... cold food, over sauced gnocchi, over cooked green beans, under baked bread.
- Piano Man Makes the ExperiencepattieatteDined on 10/24/2014Food and service were good, but the real find at this place is the piano man. The music is just right for eating by, not loud and a great mix of old ballads and new arrangements. And he sings as well; nice voice. As for the food - I had the ravioli, which is not home made, but very good, non the less. It had a sherry cream sauce with a lot of Portobello mushrooms. Very nice balance of flavors. My husband had the seafood pasta and said it was enjoyable. We each had small Ceasar salads, not the best I've ever had, but good. We split an order of Bruchetta. Lots of topping, not a lot of bread, which was close to burnt. All in all, good, but too pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing Speciallov2golfDined on 10/23/2014There really isn't anything about this restaurant that would make you want to go back. It has an Italian name, but the chef definitely isn't Italian. My wife is Italian and she was very disappointed with her entree. Mine was spicy which I like, but wasn't Italian -- more Mexican. The place was quiet because it was pretty empty.
- Won't RerturnJoanHCVIPDined on 10/21/2014Haven't eaten here in years and decided to see how this restaurant was doing. Despite the dim lights ( a bit too dim) romantic environment and classical music in the background, the food and service did not make me want to return. Two out of the five dishes at our table were not hot, chicken and polenta dish were tasteless and service to refresh bread and drinks was unattainable. With all of the other restaurants in town to choose from, I would not waste time here again despite it's pleasant atmosphere if you are looking for top notch service and great food.Special Features:
- RonnieandLouieDined on 10/20/2014My hubbie and I make our annual trek to Asheville for the fall foilage. We never fail to visit Vincenzo's.....LOVE LOVE LOVE this restaurant! The food is delish, the ambiance is intimate and the service is outstanding...Special Features:
- Mediocre service, outstanding foodYumsterDined on 10/18/2014Our waiter, mr. tattoo, was friendly but lacked any concept of timely service. It was evident when our water was a 20 minute wait that he was one of "those". The food, however, was fantastic and possibly the best Italian I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i had guest in town and they wantedaramcoDined on 10/18/2014to try your restaurant. i made a reservation and requested downstairs because of the music and when we got there we wre told that those tables were for walkins. the hostess finally sat us downstairs. harrison was our waiter and what a bad one he was. when he brought us our salads we still didin't have setups or bread. he brought us forks and was holding them by the top so his hands had been all over them. after we got our dinner we never saw him again. finally some other person came over and told us that he had cut off his finger and was on his way to the hosiptal. what should of been a good evening out with good friends was anything but
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Good food. Nice ambiance. Geat place for dinner before the theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingUncleLarDined on 10/17/2014Great service aside, cold soup (rewarmed in microwave and reserved), clueless bartender and canned clams. Not a good introduction to dining in Asheville.
- DisappointingBradDined on 10/17/2014We have been to Vincenzo's several times and have always enjoyed our meals, unfortunately last Friday night was very disappointing. Despite having reservations we were seated upstairs and unable to hear piano player. BRUSCHETTA CAPRESE arrived with raw onions. My wife wanted the PAPPARDELLE CON ANATRA but was told they had run out even though it was just 7:15 on a Friday night. The waiter was in a hurry to clear the table before we had finished both our wine or meals making us feel rushed and uncomfortable. Given the number of well run Asheville restaurants with much better service and food we will likely not return simply based on the number of mis-steps we encountered on our last visit.
- Wonderful!lovefoodDined on 10/17/2014The ambiance, service, and food were all wonderful! One of the best meals I have had since moving to the area almost two years ago. The veal chop was absolutely superb.Special Features:
- AndrewDined on 10/17/2014the occasion was our anniversary and was met with a warm greeting, excellent service and guidance through the menu and fine food.Special Features:
- TraditionalwnctravellerDined on 10/15/2014We chose to eat upstairs in the quieter, more formal dining room as the piano player in the downstairs bar seemed good, but loud enough to drown out quiet conversation. The whole experience, with white table cloths, and formally dressed waiters, feels like dining used to. The food is very good; a slightly rustic, northern Italian style. We had the rissotto arancini, ossobuco, and cioppini, and all were wholesome and filling. The wine list, as you would expect, is primarily Italian varieties, with a wide price range, but the $35 valpolicella we had was good value. Depending on your viewpoint, the decor is either in need or updating or shabby chic, but it does suit the traditional vibe of the restaurant. Recommended.Special Features:
- Good restaurantMichyVIPDined on 10/12/2014Downstairs they have live piano music. Upstairs dining room quiet and outdated. The food was okay. We ordered the veal parmigiana and the eggplant parmigiana. Wine list not so great. All Italian wines mostly. No room for dessert. Prices were good.Special Features:
- TakemeoutVIPDined on 10/11/2014Food was really good. Place looks tired. Could use some fresh energy to compliment the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian comfort foodNeedhamDined on 10/11/2014This is Italian comfort food done extremely well, which is quite an accomplishment. The saltimbocca is an award winning dish and does “jump in your mouth”. Correct spice and very tender chicken with a creamy sauce with sherry over tagliatelle shows why this wins awards. The pollo marsala was very tasty, but needed just a few more mushrooms in my wife’s opinion. The old standard calamari fritti featured cornmeal breading which gave the dish a nice twist. The wine list had many interesting wines that would make good pairings with menu items. The staff was attentive and knowledgeable. Reasonable prices and free parking are added perks. Sometimes it is perfect to revert back to the roots of what makes Italian food so good.Special Features:
- Tired restaurantLaurenVIPDined on 10/9/2014Blah. It's hard to mess up gnocchi and steamed vegetables, but sadly, they managed to do so. With the vibrant restaurant scene in Asheville, they better get their act together soon.
- razorravesandrazzesDined on 10/3/2014One of the finest dining experiences we have enjoyed in a long time. Everything was great, particularly our server (Joseph), the piano man, and the food. Will plan to dine there whenever in Asheville. Small, intimate yet lively, with a very helpful but not overbearing server. Perfect for a great Italian dinner when you want to get away from the chains. Highly recommend OSTRICHE FLORINTINE…Rockefeller style oysters on the half shell with sautéed spinach, bacon & Lacatelli béchamel, and the CIOPPINO.. Sautéed white fish, scallops, mussels, clams, calamari, & shrimp in a spicy red sauce with crostini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuckeyeDined on 10/3/2014We ate at Vincenzo's last week after a 3 year hiatus and apparently there has been change in the kitchen.....we ordered dishes that we have had before and they weren't close to as good....maybe an off night or a bad choice of entre's but we think that good old Vincenzo's has slipped...service is still excellent and the wine list is better than most but those factors can't make up for the rather "ordinary" quality of our food.....Will try Pradas next time in Asheville and keep our fingers crossed....Special Features:
- Just Go!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Great staff and the food was excellent! The bartenders and wait staff were very engaging and friendly. The presentation of the meals was second only to the flavor. The owner even went out of his way to help us select the perfect wine for our meals.Special Features:
- OutdatedNotafoodieDined on 9/27/2014The decor, the food, the servers outfits, the wine menu were all outdated. The menu is way too long. It was a lot to get through before we made our decisions. The wine list lacked descriptions, and they were out of the first two bottles we requested. It's a great place for older generations - as 40 yr olds we were by far the youngest there.
- Food was superbHanoverianDined on 9/22/2014I'm glad I found Vincenzo's in downtown Asheville. The northern Italian food was delicious. They had some local beers that were very good. Service was excellent. Can't wait to go back the next time I am in Asheville.Special Features:
- Good food, poor ambianceDissapointedVIPDined on 9/22/2014It is a shame that the ambiance and staff were not up to the amazing quality of the food. The decor was extremely dated and the chairs made me wish for cheap folding chairs! They ended up being out of several things, but we only found that out after trying to order it! That is all such a shame because the food was truly outstanding!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Friend Celebration!friends4lifeDined on 9/13/2014I introduced Vincenzo's to two of my college friends as we celebrated 30+ years of friendship. They loved everything--the food, the service, the ambiance. I have been coming to this fabulous restaurant for several years and it was the perfect place to reflect on years gone by and look forward to adventures yet to be. I have never been disappointed when I have eaten at Vincenzo's and look forward to many good meals, and celebrations, in the future.Special Features:
- Love Vincenzo'sSamanthasueDined on 9/9/2014Great location, delicious food, great service, one of our favorites!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodMamasueDined on 9/7/2014We've never been disappointed. We especially enjoy listening to Steve while we dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/6/2014Noted anniversary in open table reservation, but never mentioned at dinner by server. Ambiance nice but very very loud with large groups nearby. Typical italian noisy! Food was excellent and reasonably priced. Would return.
- Every moment a special moment...ChinamomDined on 9/6/2014Tim was personable and knew the menu. This wasn't just dining. It was an experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aim to PleaseaimtopleaseDined on 9/6/2014dinner was fantastic, wine great, service fantastic, music...the best!!! There is nothing to complain about. We loved our romantic evening in the bar area and the server couldn't have been any better.Special Features:
- Vincenzo'sPetuniaDined on 9/3/2014The piano music was pretty loud but overall was a very nice experience . A bit pricy so I would save this for a special occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Very helpful and pleasant waiter. Food was excellent. Loved the music downstairs. Would like to eat down there next time.Special Features:
- adequatemiamivisitorsVIPDined on 8/30/2014took over 60min for main course to come after appetizers served. wine selection ok. all pasta over cooked including ravioli, linguini and spaghetti. fish was cooked nicely.