Vincenzo's Italian Restaurant
150 S. Fifth St.
Louisville, KY 40202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Vincenzo's Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://vincenzositalianrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (502) 580-1350
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Agostino Gabriele
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Vincenzo"s catering is available for on-sight and off-sight events. On-site Vincenzo's can accommodate 5 to 150 guests. Vincenzo's has nine (9) separate rooms for private dining. Please contact Paula Fischer, Catering Director, at (502) 580-1350.
- Private Party Facilities: Vincenzo"s provides on-site and off-site catering. Vincenzos' on-site catering can accommodate from 5 to 150 in nine (9) separate private rooms at the restaurant. Vincenzo's also has an outdoor courtyard that can accommodate up to 150 guests. The menus for catered events are customer driven.
- Private Party Contact: Paula Fisher 5025801350
- Entertainment: Pianist Friday and Saturday nights.
A word from Vincenzo's Italian Restaurant
Established in 1986, by Vincenzo and Agostino Gabriele, Vincenzo"s is an award-winning restaurant, located at 150 S. Fifth Street, in downtown Louisville, which specializes in Authentic Northern Italian Cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Vincenzo's Italian Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown Louisville ›
Vincenzo's Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (98)romantic (85)fit for foodies (62)notable wine list (62)good for groups (23)neighborhood gem (14)great for lunch (8)late-night find (8)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- MemorableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/19/2014Every dish was delightful. We will return. One if the finest meals we have had in the city. And if you can, plan on having the tiramisu for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!FoodieDined on 11/17/2014This restaurant nevers fails to excel in every way: food, service and ambiance. It is always a Fabulous experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JaniceDined on 11/15/2014I have been to Vincenzo's numerous times. Always pleased. This was totally different. The service was terrible. The waiter had too many tables -- forgot one of the drinks we had ordered - took at least 30 minutes before our salads came out. You don't expect this kind of service when you are paying this kind of money. A true disappointment. However, once my salmon came, it was delicious but overall to spend $100 for 2 it was not a good experience.
- Best dining experience ever!LucyDined on 11/14/2014As soon as I walked in Vincenzo him self greeted me at my table. The wait staff were prompt, knowledgeable, personable and attentive. The evening specials were outstanding including the antipasto appetizer. The tableside food preparation was impressive. Quiet setting, but lively with the sounds of patrons enjoying an exquisite dining experience. I was looking forward to the table side violin music but I was there on piano night which was delightful. Go if you haven't been! See you there as I will become a more regular guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and DisappointedUnhappyDined on 11/8/2014There was no communication regarding the dishes or what what comes with them. My husband and I shared an appetizer, carciofini marini, and received one 1-inch artichoke bottom each. We paid $14 for those. Because of literally no communication from the server, I did not get a salad. When everyone else's salads came, I realized I apparently got the pathetic appetizer in place of the salad. We were not told what sides come with our entree. I finally asked and the explanation was so vague, I still didn't know after I asked. I ordered the fillet ripieno which was outstanding, but the sides were tiny and pathetic. I was hungry and angry when I left. I won't be back and I will not recommend this place. I would rather go to Fazoli's.Special Features:
- kennygDined on 11/8/2014Awesome food and ambience! I will be going again in the very near future.Special Features:
- Our group disappointedFirsttimerDined on 11/7/2014I was part of a small group that dined here recently. Some of us had dined here previously, and we were all looking forward to a great pre downtown event dinner. We arrived two hours before our event and notified our server and others of our timetable. However, an hour and forty minutes later, our entrees had still not been served. We had to gulp down our dinner as we begged for our bills. During our dinner, our waiter was mostly AWOL even though the water glass filler was always present. Several in our group were very pleased with the food, however several were disappointed considering the extremely high prices. None of us will return as there are dozens of great restaurants in Louisville the appreciate your businessSpecial Features:
- FredDined on 11/5/2014HAVE ENJOYED OUTSTANDING DINING EXPERIENCES EVERYTIME WE HAVE DINED THERE SINCE IT OPENEDSpecial Features:
- Vincenzo'sOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/5/2014I almost never say this, but we had a quiet wedding anniversary celebration dinner that was flawless. The food quality, creativity, the eye, nose, tooth and taste were perfect. Service was friendly and attentive and timing was great. Thanks to all.Special Features:
- Excellent night out with the Team!MichelleDined on 11/4/2014Dinner was great, food exceptional, service outstanding. A very enjoyable and memorable night!Special Features:
- Wonderful food, waiter, experience!KycatDined on 11/1/2014Our third visit to Vincenzo's didn't disappoint. Gets better every time!!! Great atmosphere, fabulous staff, wonderful food!!! Will definitely visit again when in Louisville!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ColdOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/31/2014My only issue is that, although temperatures were colder than usual that day, the resaurant was very cold. They could have easily had someone turn the heat on in the afternoon.
- amazingamazingDined on 10/30/2014the food was awsome but the service was outstanding the wators did not constantly bug you they simply checked they entertained us by serving the food they are also very freindly people it was my girlfreinds birthday so they brought us out two different peices of cake for no charge with happy birhtday written in chocolate on the plate. they were very nice and showed that they care about serving you and making you happy.Special Features:
- Best ItaliantboneDined on 10/29/2014This was arguably the best Italian dinner I have ever had. I travel all around the country and never was the service and food so good. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SoyummyVIPDined on 10/29/2014Vincenzo's is the best of the best!! Make a reservation now for the dinner of a lifetime!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- And Paul McCartney,icing on cake!Deb2dvineDined on 10/28/2014Great evening! Food was great! As usual Mr Vincenzo was his beautiful, accommodating self. Such a beautiful man. He even prepared some of our food! Great evening. Veal was great and the Almond Joy dessert is to die for! Then to top it off was Sir Paul himself! This was a check off my bucket list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable but not greateatnoutDined on 10/28/2014The atmosphere and service were great. Our appetizer was super but the Caesar salad fell flat. The entrees were good but not exceptional by any means, especially for the price. we enjoyed our evening but could have done better at home for a lot less money.Special Features:
- Amazing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014This was our first visit to Vincenzo's and will absolutely be back. The food was outstanding as was the service. The food is prepared and plated table side which was a nice surprise. Wait staff was extremely knowledgeable about everything on the menu. Huge wine and custom made spirit list. The beer list was less than impressive I would have expected more craft brews/ local beers for this type of restaurant which wasn't a huge deal however. The head chef personally stopped by every table to ensure everything was to his standards. Again amazing food and amazing service. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SoyummyVIPDined on 10/21/2014Vincenzo's is the best of the best. Everything about it is outstanding! Don't wait. Go today.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!!MichelleDined on 10/20/2014Love this place! Food is great! Yummy! Never disappoints!!! Food was hot, high quality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding restaurantRoskaDined on 10/18/2014Vencenzos is OUTSTANDING. My husband and I dine several times a year there. We look forward to going back. FOOD, SERVICE, AMBIENCE..... ARE SUPERB!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Slow to get water, had to ask for bread, never offered coffee. Ambiance excellent, food very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014We came here for my birthday. Our server was Steve and his helper was Casey (I think). Both were very attentive. We both ordered Caeser salads that were outstanding, as always. We also ordered "appetizer portion" entrees which ended up to be more than expected. That's ok because it made a great lunch for the next day. And as a surprise, Casey brought out a "on the house" birthday dessert which was plenty for 2 people to eat. Wine, dinner and dessert at a great restaurant...what more could I have asked for!Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner!maryrDined on 10/17/2014We had a great dinner at Vincenzo's, pre-Orchestra. The food and service were excellent, and they got us out on time! We are very fond of their veal dishes, which you can't find just anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/11/2014Favorite Place in Louisville-1st class experience every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect food & Perfect ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/11/2014The service at Vincenzo's is flawless and the cuisine is spot on. They take all aspects of the diner's experience serious and the result is a special dining experience. Bravo Vincenzo !Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/10/2014Met friends here Friday night for dinner. It exceeded our expectations. Max our waiter was attentive and informative. Chef Augustino makes everyone in his restaurant feel welcome and special. Amazing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Great food, well prepared and presented. Noise level from piano made talking difficult if not impossible. Service was slow and somewhat inattentive. Water level was not maintained and dishes were not cleared immediately after the food had been consumed. They were allowed to sit for an uncomfortable period of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014I had the fettuccine with shrimp and crab meat. It had a white wine and olive oil sauce that tasted very similar to a Healthy Choice meal I have had in the past. It was a good flavor for a frozen meal, but it didn't fit the upscale Italian I was expecting.
- Louisville favoriteKarlTDined on 10/7/2014One of my Louisville favorites. I always look forward to Vincenzo's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Essence of Fine DiningDatenightDined on 10/4/2014Everything was great - start to finish. Staff was professional and personable. Food was fantastic.Special Features:
- Great...butprivateVIPDined on 10/4/2014Being out-of-towners, we'd heard great things about this place. True to form, it was nearly perfect, save for the main course, which was OK, but not spectacular. Essentially, our veal dishes were both smothered in a overpowering and very thick tomato sauce that really detracted from the flavor of the veal. Maybe our bad for our menu choices, but still, it was not what we'd hoped for. Otherwise, excellent service. A great bottle of wine from an exceptional wine list. Table side prep of the apps (which would have been the perfect main dish). Delicious desert. In the end, next time we're in Louisville, we will find somewhere else to spend $250 on dinner.Special Features:
- Great find in LouisvilleWestsideFoodieDined on 9/30/2014They provide impeccable service and ambience at Vincenzo's. Friendly staff/management.Special Features:
- Fantastic restuarantDougVIPDined on 9/24/2014This is a great restaurant. Terrific food, professional and knowledgeable service and great ambiance. You will not be disappointed if you go there.Special Features:
- Best Italian Food in LouisvillefoodmanDined on 9/23/2014This one of the best restaurants in Louisville and Southern Indiana for special occasions and/or to impress clients.It is up to the top New York or Rome food & service standards. We eat there every chance we can,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Restaurant in MidwestAmandaDined on 9/20/2014My boyfriend and I have been to Vincenzo's several times over the last few years and are consistently happy with the food, service, and the setting. I have traveled all around Italy and this is the best Italian food I've found in the US!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oustanding!tryingnewthings417Dined on 9/20/2014This is my husband and I's second time here. The wine was excellent and the service impeccable. Our waiter never rushed us. Let us take our time deciding what to order and answered our numerous questions. My husband had the Salmon with a champagne sauce and I had the Marscapone Cheese stuffed Ravioli with chicken/mushroom/spinach cream sauce. We finished with a chocolate souffle. The food here is so good it is truly indescribable. We will be going again!Special Features:
- Vincenzo's shinesjb1952Dined on 9/20/2014What a place!! Service outstanding, food great, wine unreal, romance high----very expensive, but worth every penny!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything about it was great!KathyDined on 9/19/2014Kind of expensive but well worth it we thought. Everything was excellent from the drinks to the food to the dessert. Cesear Salad was prepared table side and all the entrees were warmed at the table. We could not have asked for a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usual!FoodieVIPDined on 9/15/2014Vincenzo's is by far my number one choice for the highest quality food, service, and ambience in Louisville. I always bring my clients here as well as my loved ones and we always leave satisfied. The waitstaff dress in tuxedos and are truly knowledgeable and very helpful as well as attentive, there are white linens, the atmosphere is wonderful and of course the food, wine and lemoncello are exquisite!Special Features: