714 Montana Ave
Santa Monica, CA 90403Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ristorantevincenzo.com/
- Phone: 3103956619
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Vincenzo Nicoletta
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Coming Soon.
- Private Party Contact: vincenzo 310-395-6619
A word from Vincenzo Ristorante
Welcome to Vincenzo Ristorante Chef Vincenzo Nicoletta has done it again! He has been quietly turning out some of the most refined Italian dishes on the Westside for twenty years, combining his native Italian sensibilities with a good deal of contemporary flair. His former restaurant on Montana, Casa Monica, was a standard for fine Italian cuisine for years. Now, step inside the new Montana restaurant and serenity reigns in the spare yet stylish interior. It is remarkably comfortable. The emphasis is on the food. The cuisine"s strength lies in the use of local ingredients with minimal fuss, stressing the seasonal flavors. The menu features salads and pasta, as well as pesce del giorno; specialties are offered daily. The bread is freshly baked daily on the premises. Wine lovers will feel right at home with the featured wine list of Italian and California varietals. Indulgent homemade desserts and espresso drinks are offered as the perfect ending to a special meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vincenzo Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)special occasion (6)romantic (4)fit for foodies (4)notable wine list (2)good for groups (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Vincenzo is great.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/12/2014It's like been back home in Italy the ambiance an service is great. Vincenzo is a great entertainer. Though the price compared to quality is a bit high. The food is good nothing wrong with it but for the price I would expect more.Special Features:
- Relaxing. Quiet. Attentative. GreatDavidDined on 8/12/2014Took my relatives to this restaurant. The chef and service are fabulous. The food is plenty and well presented. Nice and quiet. Not super loud with any music like almost EVERY restaurant out there now. No need to SHOUT to talk to someone sitting near you. I would go back again. I would recommend the place to anyone to try at least once. Thank you.Special Features:
- Delightful and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014The food was unique and absolutely delicious. The service impeccable. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Strange and HorribleEpicureanVIPDined on 7/20/2014Owner of this restaurant was outrageously horrible. He charged us $25 corkage fee (after quoting $20), then actually yelled at us for bringing in French wine (versus Italian, since he claims French restaurants do not serve Italian wine; we had never heard of such a thing but apologized for our "mistake"), and then he slammed down the check angrily at the end. After charging us $19 for a Cucumber Tomato Salad...Really?!? All we wanted to do was leave this wretched, bizarre place quietly. (We'd come to for a special date night & realized that was a bad idea.) But he would not stop yelling at us over a dish we sent back that tasted horrible. The waiter cautioned us the owner does this often. Huge mistake ever setting foot into this madhouse.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/5/2014las vegas loved your restaurant, outstanding authentic Italian foodSpecial Features:
- Fabulous East-Coast-Style placeSteveSVIPDined on 5/31/2014Not California Cuisine, this is real Italian food. Small place, great service, delicious meal.Special Features:
- The following 134 reviews are from the Vincenzo Ristorante reviews archive.
- Great Italian foodRuth46Dined on 5/11/2014We've been eating at this restaurant for many years. I always enjoy what I order. We were there on Mother's Day. I had a wonderful piece of fish cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent small venueYaznaDined on 5/7/2014Vincenzo's is our 'go to' place for reliable, quiet dining. The food and service are excellent and the noise level allows for real conversation. Vincenzo himself is a real character and makes guests feel welcome.Special Features:
- New Favorite Restaurant!nicpm821Dined on 4/24/2014Amazing food, terrific service and wonderful atmosphere. This is my new favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- metcalfeDined on 4/22/2014Helpful staff and some great menu chouces available. Food was excellent and we were able to gake our time over the meal despite being the last ones there. Authrntic Italian food. Food however a little pricey.Special Features:
- stefanisuzanneDined on 4/22/2014everything was great--not crazy about the bread, but then people in LA don't eat breadSpecial Features:
- Great place to eat and talkOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/4/2014I wish I could walk to it - I would eat there more often. First the food is great. Secondly, it is small and not noisy and therefore a good place to talk. I like to talk. Going out, even to great food, and coming home hoarse from shouting over a crowd is no longer something I will put up with. The owner and his wife are there, cooking and working and they make the place feel homey and safe. I appreciate the feeling that the people who work with my food care about the quality of it. A large place with absentee owners, or worse, an absentee corporation, is not the kind of place I feel comfortable in.European no pressure to leave if no one is waiting attitude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very small but great foodEllenT1VIPDined on 2/15/2014Make sure to make reservations because it is quite small. The menu has a great variety. I had the veal milanese with a side of pasta that was outstanding. It was probably the best tasting, freshest pasta I have had in years. My son had the meatball special and they were fantastic. Great meal and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- high qualitystoochDined on 2/14/2014Very good food. Waiter was a bit distracted and didnt communicate clearly. Space is a littke cramped so dont expect any privacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulMJD2inPDRVIPDined on 2/1/2014Vincenzo's has been a lovely experience since our very first visit, especially because "Vincenzo" is always there to greet us and give the evening his personal attention. The food is outstanding and service terrific. We had the veal with porcini mushrooms and the seafood salad...so delicious and the mozzarella and tomato salad with the white fish special....wonderful.Special Features:
- One of the best in the worldGTDguyVIPDined on 1/5/2014Vincenzo catered our wedding 22 years ago, and his remains one of only a few "best places for Italian food" in the world...and we travel it well. His penne vodka, and rack of lamb, are sublime. Simple, quiet, informal, and just great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibcenzo's is a gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/3/2014Everything is right about this place. The food is prepared to perfection, the ambiance is gentle, the surroundings crisp but warm, and the owner/host Vincenzo Nicoletta will treat you like an old friend...even if it is your first visit (as it was in our case).Special Features:
- Santa Monica Italian GemOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/31/2013Best overall Italian food experience in Santa Monica... the food is better than it is at Valentino, and the smaller, more intimate setting is charming. Put yourself in Vincenzo's hands and trust him!Special Features:
- We enjoyed our Evening immensely,DisappointedVIPDined on 12/6/2013We enjoyed our Evening immensely, we were received by Vincenzo and his very charming wife.The small restaurant is so cozy it felt like we were guests in a home. We ordered tri. - color salad and a marinated fresh seafood salad.......both were delicious and the homemade bread must be the best in the city. We then had Vincenzo pasta and a pork special. The pork was perfectly prepared , tender and tasted how I remember pork used to aste like. The pasta was done perfectly and I would like to return and have this again, it was spaghetti, with a light vodka sauce, Succulent shrimps and capers. We hesitated to write the review because it is a special little restaurant we would like to keep it to ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the best dijon lambmxpbuyVIPDined on 11/24/2013Invited our friends from SF to dinner, who also recently dined with us at La Folie in SF. Concensus agreement. Absolutely wonderful lamb, any my wife raved about the pork chop. This is a neighborhood gem not to be overlooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy and IntimateYummyDined on 11/23/2013A small restaurant that serves tasty food in a homey manner.Special Features:
- Excellent in all respects!DianeMDined on 10/26/2013A lovely evening in every respect! Relatively small space but the tables weren't too close together, so you didn't feel crowded (I really dislike restaurants like that) - very warm and intimate but private too. The servers all were excellent - very attentive and knowledgeable. The Chef came out twice to ask how we liked everything, a genuine, delightful man. All the food was delicious from start to finish. Creative, savoury - just so tasty. We all got something different, to sample as many dishes as possible, and all of our dishes (4 of us) were 5 star. We will definitely return when we next visit. We have dined at a number of what I think are the best restaurants in the Santa Monica area, and this one deserves to be right at the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Food in Los AngelesJeatswellVIPDined on 9/7/2013Vincenzo's offers the best Italian food in Los Angeles, bar none. The pasta dishes are exquisite and cooked to perfection. The sauces and gravies are authentic and delicious. My only desire is that they would offer a few other protein options in their specials as they are heavily reliant on veal, which I don't eat but have heard it's marvelous! Run don't walk to this gem on Montana.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local gemYaznaDined on 9/6/2013Montana Ave. has several excellent dining places , this one is our favorite. We've come in for years and are never disappointed. We've brought friends or small groups and they too have been happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a small gemmillerVIPDined on 8/20/2013in every way, Vincenzo was perfection. From chef V describing the specials, to the presentation of outstanding food, and especially the quiet.
- True Italian cuisine!ENapDined on 8/3/2013A small old style restaurant with unbelievable food! From the buffalo mozzarella with arugula to the porcini risotto to the grilled shrimp. Everything was delicious and service was outstanding. But make sure you make a reservation. Seating is limited and you will be turned away. And you will not want to miss this dining experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vincenzo's is one of the fewOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/20/2013vincenzo's is one of the few small, chef-run restaurants in santa monica that is notable for its food and charm - not any of-the-moment glitz-factor. it's been there for years, has a quiet, low-key atmosphere, and vincenzo is always present, overseeing the food and service. the food is a california nuanced version of italian: no heavy red sauces or thick layers of cheese. instead, dishes are a combination of flavors - each individually discernable and the whole is as good as the parts. the restaurant is most like the small, well-appointed and well-run neighborhood-favorites with excellent food that dot NYC's good neighborhoods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints!mywayVIPDined on 6/29/2013Have dined here several times and never had a bad meal or experience. Relax and enjoy.....Special Features:
- Visit Italy in Santa MonicaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2013Vincenzo's was the perfect place to celebrate my husband's birthday. The food was outstanding and reminded us of the meals we had in Venice. The special burrata appetizer was complemented with prosciutto and perfectly-dressed wild arugula. My husband ordered the Orecchiette con Salsiccie, a homemade ear-shaped pasta with Italian sausage in a red sauce that was slightly spicy and extremely delicious as well as being a great fit with our Italian red wine. I ordered the Branzino, the house-special, which was boneless, delicate and seasoned perfectly with olive oil and lemon. For dessert, we had a creamy, flavorful chocolate mousse. This is a first-rate family-run dining experience. Needless to say, we will be going back to Vincenzo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pass on this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2013We were very disappointed with the food, very bland and very expensive. Definitely not worth it, lots of better options in the area. Very poor wine list and also very expensive. Will definitely not darken their door again.
- The best! The best!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/15/2013Vincenzo always hits his marks when it comes to his food, his service, his hospitality and his selection of wines. In my estimation, dinner here cannot be beat anywhere in LA. Always pure delight to dine here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodgoodeatsDined on 5/4/2013Food and service was great. Meatballs were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I can't remember the lastakrickVIPDined on 4/24/2013I can't remember the last time I had lamb this good. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Vincenzo's brings Italy to SaMoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/17/2013This is a nice yet unassuming tablecloth restaurant with personalized service and excellent linguini ala vongole, just like in Italy. It's not the most economical place in the world, but Montana Avenue is a high-rent district, so one must expect these things.Special Features:
- One of our favorite spotsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/24/2013One of our favorite spots to dine on our own and also bring out of town guests. The pasta is wonderful and the atmosphere is very warm welcoming. Looking forward to our next visit....Special Features:
- In our top ten!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/23/2013We love Vincenzo's! We dine out frequently (high end, low end, foodie, traditional, etc.) and this place is in our top ten. It is intimate, the staff are wonderful -friendly and attentive, and the food is fresh, and consistantly fabulous. Our most recent dinner was, once again, fantastic! Appetizers included the clam and mussel soup in a wonderful rich tomato-based broth, with homemade toasted crostini to break up and soak in the soup, beef carpaccio with arugula amd shaved parmesan (great flavor), and white beans with grilled shrimp and lemon. Entrees were the thinly sliced, perfectly seasoned, grilled rib steak on delicate fresh greens, orecchiette (perfection) and flavorful and tender grilled rack of lamb. Homemade lemon tiramisu!Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood italian.bayheadVIPDined on 3/2/2013Nice neighborhood italian. Had decent salads and pasta's. The Meatballs were wonderful, everything else was good, not great. Pasta would've been better al dente
- NIce Italian spot on Montana...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2013This is one of the better Italian restaurants in Santa Monica. The owner is very visible and engaged with the patrons. The restaurant is small but in a cozy way. Parking could be a problem if you visit on a Friday or Saturday night.Special Features:
- Very well prepared food withgrandmaof2VIPDined on 2/23/2013Very well prepared food with lovely flavors. More fish options would be welcomed.Special Features:
- Consistant quality ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/19/2013Consistant quality Italian food. One of my favorite spots. Warm and homey and elegant yet relaxed and cozy. The food and service are outstanding and you can relax and really enjoy your meal here. Quiet enough for a conversation, with just the right amount of energy. Plus, you might spot a celebrity dining with the kids or picking up a meal to go. It's the kind of place you have to live in the neighborhood to know about and the 'hood likes it that way. Vincenzo is adorable and is there every minute --he takes pride in this, his only restaurant.Special Features: