113 W Grand Ave
Escondido, CA 92025Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vincentsongrand.com/
- Phone: 7607453835
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm Closed: Sunday and Monday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Californian, French
- Executive Chef: Vincent Grumel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For catering or private dinners call the restaurant and speak personally with Vincent.
- Entertainment: Every Wednesday night is La Nuit du Vin (Night of Wine). Every bottle of wine listed on Vincent’s Wine List is half-off listed price. (Does not include wines from Vincent’s Private Cellar.) Trois et Trois Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 5 PM – 6 PM 3 Course ~ Appetizer, Entrée & Dessert 3 Choices ~ Each Course Offers Three Choices $30 per Guest (A new menu each week.)
A word from Vincent's
For 15 years, Vincent’s restaurant has won rave reviews and the hearts of diners at its location in historic downtown Escondido. In Avignon, France, young Vincent studied the culinary arts at Ecole Hoteliere D’Avignon. Combining classic French techniques with his passion for quality ingredients, proprietor and chef Vincent Grumel offers a seasonally inspired cuisine. His dishes are meticulously balanced, complete, fresh and stunning. The cellar holds over 2000 wines bottles and includes an exceptional selection of sought-after-wines including wines from grand vintages as well as coveted wines of small producers. For five consecutive years, Vincent has been honored by receiving the “Award of Excellence” from the Wine Spectator. Vincent’s staff is a graceful blend of polished professionalism and straightforward friendliness. The ambiance is warm, refined and comfortable. Join Vincent, Lisa and staff for a dining experience that captures the essence of Joie de Vivre.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Vincent's - Best Restaurants in Escondido ›
Vincent's reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (28)neighborhood gem (25)romantic (23)notable wine list (19)fit for foodies (15)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)good for groups (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Another Great Meal ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014My wife and I have dined at Vincent's on a number of occasions over the course of a few years and have always had a wonderful experience. The staff has always been informative and truly professional. The menu offers plenty of choice and the specials are truly special. Definitely a go-to spot if you want to have a very nice meal in a comfortable setting. I must add - the wine list is quite impressive as well. I would not hesitate to recommend Vincent's and I am completely confident when taking someone there for their first experience of what Vincent's has to offer.Special Features:
- Special ExperienceNickVIPDined on 9/6/2014Filet included an excellent red wine sauce reduction, and he put a moderate amount of sauce on the filet. I enjoyed both the tenderness of the steak and the flavor of the sauce- an excellent combination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!gaaaaaryDined on 8/23/2014Our first time to Vincent's, I was looking on Open Table for a nice place for our anniversary dinner, and it turned out fantastic! Great food, friendly service, nice atmosphere. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite RestaurantsallywDined on 8/20/2014Always good, always quiet, always great service. This is a favorite restaurant of ours.Special Features:
- Recommended for quiet dinnercdc1Dined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed our first dinner at Vincent's. Great ambiance, friendly service, and the food tasted very good. We'll definitely go back. The restaurant was quite busy, but still quiet. Dress is informal. Price for two starters, two salads, two entrees, and two glasses of house wine plus tip was about $140.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/6/2014Excellent as always. The special week day menu is a great deal.Special Features:
- Great little gemavistravelerDined on 8/6/2014This is a wonderful restaurant. This is my third time coming here and I brought 8 friends plus my husband to celebrate my 60th birthday. They were gracious and the larger group in small restaurant never changed the great level of service we received. Love the food, their special 3 for $30 tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and 1/2 price wine day on Wednesdays.Special Features:
- Return VisittimtymeDined on 8/1/2014Once again, never a disappointment. The bone-in ribeye was incredible. And the wifes fish was also excellent. Always a pleasure to dine here.Special Features:
- Gem in Escondidofoodie1Dined on 7/26/2014Vincent's is a quaint, french restaurant in downtown Escondido. The food, in general is good but I want to comment on the Beef Wellington. My husband had it before and raved about it so he ordered it again. He loved it. He has had it at other restaurants by famous chefs and theirs was mediocre in comparison--and at almost double the price. Also, we forgot that the menu said the entrees came with soup, so ordered appetizers. Between the decent portion sizes and the soup, we couldn't finish our entries so be forwarned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- clongOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014This place is a great find in Escondido. We go there often. Great food.Special Features:
- Always Perfect!sallywDined on 7/22/2014We have been to Vincent's multiple times and love it every time. This is our "special occasion" restaurant and they never disappoint. Food, service and ambiance always great. Small, intimate and quiet.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 6/28/2014Nice setting, friendly atmosphere, service was a bit uneven but nothing to complain about. We've been twice now and on each occasion the food wasn't anything special. An OK meal but nothing more.
- Good Food, Service Horribly SlowOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/19/2014We've eaten there twice and both times we enjoyed the food, but the service was extremely slow and lacked attention to detail (like pouring wine into empty glasses, checking on how our meal was etc.). The worst part was the wait between courses. We expect a relaxing atmosphere and don't like being rushed, but come on....20 minutes after finishing a course is a bit slow. i would give the food a 5 rating because it is quite good, but the service....yawn, wake me up when my next course is ready.Special Features:
- Worth the travelPantherSpawnDined on 6/18/2014My wife and I live over an hour away, yet we travel to vincents every year to have our anniversary dinner. And every year we are not disappointed. The food is always outstanding, the staff friendly and attentive and the wine list top notch. It's usually a fairly expensive meal, but totally worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as expectedunevenDined on 6/7/2014Food was uneven. I had beef wellington. Asked for it medium. What I got was almost raw on one end and well done on the other. So on the average it was medium. I don't know how mea can be cooked that way. A real mystery. My wife had the rack of lamb which was drowned in a sauce. Overall, not a particularly good experience. Probably will not go back.Special Features:
- Another great visit!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/6/2014This was a requested return visit with my in-laws who were visiting from out-of-town. Although it was bustling outside with a local event, the restaurant was quiet. We were seated promptly at a wonderful corner table with a view of the passersby. For appetizers we ordered several dishes to share: Crab cakes, Country (duck) Pate, Oysters Rockefeller and the Smoked Salmon Plate. Each were nicely presented with fantastic flavors. The Pate was plentiful; left overs were just as good. The main entrees were equally outstanding. We had a short visit with Vincent after the meal. I think it's wonderful that he takes the time to visit his patrons. He genuinely shows an interest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 576 reviews are from the Vincent's reviews archive.
- French Colonial Saigon, Indochina.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014A limited Mother’s Day four course selection. Not providing their dinner menu was a big disappointment. Our guests were anxious to order Vincent’s “Duck a’l’ Orange and this entrée was not offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014Terrific food and great service. I will have to go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome anniversary celebration!LeahGDined on 5/10/2014Great restaurant for a last minute pick on a holiday weekend. Busy yet charming, great service, great food- can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NeighborhoodsouthwestgirlDined on 5/8/2014I have now eaten at the restaurant so many times it really is part of my neighborhood. Every time I thoroughly enjoy the atmosphere and food.Special Features:
- Always GoodDeniseDined on 5/3/2014Vincent's is a diamond. The food is always good, the service impeccable and the only problem is by the time you finish dinner, there is not enough room for the decadent desserts. It is not inexpensive but the flavors and ambience are worth every penny. Thank you for making another celebration perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the usual for VincentsrscgDined on 4/30/2014Can't say excellent as usually since the appetizers were not as stated on the menu. My husband ordered the Moules Mariniere topped with shoestring potatoes. No shoestring potatoes. When asked, we were told they forgot to order the potatoes. Myself & two others ordered the Kale salad with Cara Cara oranges with dried pears, shaved fennel & hazelnuts. None of us got any oranges ,& mine did not have any fennel or dried pears, and I did have two hazelnuts. Otherwise the entrees & deserts were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent find in Escondido!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2014We enjoyed dinner at Vincent's on a Saturday night. I would definitely recommend making reservations, especially after 6 PM. Food was well prepared, appetizing to look at and artfully arranged. Great French onion soup! Healthy, local vegetables were served. We didn't partake of dessert, because we were too full, but I'll try to save room the next time! Great service from all staff. Thank you!Special Features:
- Great findMmmB8VIPDined on 4/11/2014A hidden gem of delicious food without a pretentious atmosphere. Can't wait to return and try more on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lil gem in downtown Escondido!!!MikeRebornDined on 4/5/2014This place is a total anomaly! I would expect a restaurant this amazing in the Gaslamp district downtown or in Golden Hill or something. My wife and I were extremely impressed to say the least. The service was awesome to start. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and took pride in the chef's creations. The food was absolutely incredible. French onion soup was the best I've ever had. The broth was incredible and flavors were over the top! I had the rack of lamb and my wife had the filet and both were fantastic. Even the side veggies were a cool mix that complemented well and had great flavor. I don't know how he did the potatoes au gratin but I wish I could do that at home and I wish the plate had more! We WILL be going back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great, Never Disappoints...JoeVDined on 4/5/2014Going to Vincent's is something that I always look forward to for so many reasons. You walk in and are immediately greeted by the friendly staff, you're seated quickly in their wonderful ambiance and then the wine list and menus are presented with such a list of quality choices. Their 'Specials' have always been wonderful (if offered, always get the Paella for 2), the food quality is so fresh and the wait staff and others work in this sort of on-going orchestra of moving about the room, delivery, pouring, picking up and conversating with you in a dance throughout the evening. On occasion, you might even see the maestro himself make an appearance as he chats with the guests at the tables throughout the night.Special Features:
- Excellent foodKBSSWSDined on 4/1/2014First time we have been here. Had 3-course special dinner, all 3 courses were excellent. Bit pricey but we found the dinner well justified it. Plan on coming back every 2-3 weeks to try other menu itemsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food is always very goodmikeDined on 3/18/2014Excellent preparation and presentation. The four of us all had different and we were all very pleased.Special Features:
- Will not be back!Travelbug7333Dined on 3/15/2014Arrived for our 7:45 reservation. Table not ready... wait would be 20 to 25 mins. Questioned this, since two tables empty; informed tables reserved for party of six booked for 8pm. They proceeded to push the tables together and reset for party of six. We questioned the logic (we had the earlier reservation!) ..."restaurant protocol. " Requested the manager. At 8:10, still not seated, manager had not emerged and the 8pm reservation had yet to show. Requested manager again... Ilya emerges. Offers free drinks, the hostess was "wrong," BUT no indication as to when we might be seated. We left the restaurant at 8:15 without having eaten, the table for six was still empty...we can only suppose that it was being held open for some local celebrity
- Terrific!RaymonVIPDined on 3/15/2014Vincent's has been our special occasion favorite restaurant for several years. Last Saturday's birthday celebration dinner was superb. My wife and I agreed the potato and leek soup was tasty and my bone-in ribeye was scrumptious. The apple tart was a delicious finish to the meal. Service and ambiance were first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayFriederVIPDined on 3/14/2014We had escargots that were great. However, the Filet Wellington was disappointing. Instead of served in crisp puff pastry, it was served in a thin, 1/4" layer of what appeared to be bread. It was soggy and the beef came rather medium to well-done instead of medium rare as it was ordered. For a dinner that ran $500 for four (including exquisite wine, though), we would have expected better and found better before in North San Diego county.Special Features:
- French bistro cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/5/2014Escondido has a treasure in Vincents, serving French bistro cuisine in an upscale setting. From the wrought iron arbor at the entrance, outside patio dining to watch the street scene, friendly greeting in the entryway to the privacy afforded by the placement of the tables, this restaurant is a real gem. The menu and wine list are superb and the service friendly and attentive. Although the prices are on the high side the quality of the food and the experience make it a worthwhile expenditure. Vincent is known for several specialities that he has served since opening twenty some years ago. Be sure to ask your waitperson about them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as always!Frito10Dined on 3/1/2014My husband and I dined at Vincent's before going to the theater. I have eaten here many times and as always, everything thing was delicious! The ambiance reminds me of a bistro in Paris, casual, yet elegant at the same time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Started rough but ended quite wellMeganInSoCalDined on 2/27/2014First time at this restaurant. Brought my parents from out of town and my dad is snooty about wine (not a fan of most of the CA wines). Got a sitter so we could have a nice quiet adult conversation. And what happened but we showed up at 6:30 to find a table of young girls celebrating a birthday. The one adult at the table tried to keep them quiet, but the restaurant is so small, there was little anyone could do but talk loudly to one another and try to concentrate on your own conversation. When they left after 7, the night turned into what I expected, great food, great wine, nice ambience, great service, ... Probably just a fluke that this happened to us so I will definitely go back and I have already recommended to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!jmdinnerDined on 2/25/2014It is a small and cozy restaurant. The food is excellent, very well prepared. Nice place for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- A disappointing Valentine's DayDavidDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I were very excited to come here for Valentine's Day, and were so disappointed. I want to look for a positive in the experience, and I simply can't. The food was bland, improperly cooked, and not tasty in the least. After we were done the waitress came up to us and asked us what the desert was because apparently they didn't tell the staff. She was asking us how it tasted, and the texture. Aren't you supposed to give the dishes to your servers so they know what they are serving? This was pretty unbelievable. For a $200 meal, I was beyond disappointed - and left hungry. We love fine dining, and were excited at the prospect of another fine dining restaurant in Escondido, but alas, we will not be coming back here.
- Pretty let downEscrowdebDined on 2/13/2014We arrived 8 minutes early and you would think it was an hour early by all the frustration on the hostess part. Then she sits us with 2 other people that are having a private conversation . Had to ask for napkins and water refills (horrible service!) The food was ok. We came on the 13 th instead of valentines day to receive better service but instead it was the worst! soup was terrific! Sauce on filet was way overdone. We have been to Vincent's many times and enjoyed the food, service and ambience. Our waiter didn't serve our food nor ever stop by and ask if we needed anything. Instead we had to wave to anyone to get something. Never again will we go to Vincent's. the also did not ask if we would like coffee or desert after dinner.
- excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2014Excellent food, great presentation. Extensive wine list and full bar. On 2/13 completely sold out therefore somewhat noisy but service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food/Indifferent ServicehkodgoalieVIPDined on 2/12/2014As per usual, food was all noteworthy. Surprising and very disappointing was the indifferent/distracted service that was far below the standard we have come to expect at this establishment.Special Features:
- Good FoodRobinDined on 2/12/2014Our lunch was very fresh and tasty. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.