113 W Grand Ave
Escondido, CA 92025Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vincentsongrand.com/
- Phone: 7607453835
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm Closed: Sunday and Monday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Californian, French
- Executive Chef: Vincent Grumel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For catering or private dinners call the restaurant and speak personally with Vincent.
- Entertainment: Every Wednesday night is La Nuit du Vin (Night of Wine). Every bottle of wine listed on Vincent’s Wine List is half-off listed price. (Does not include wines from Vincent’s Private Cellar.) Trois et Trois Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 5 PM – 6 PM 3 Course ~ Appetizer, Entrée & Dessert 3 Choices ~ Each Course Offers Three Choices $30 per Guest (A new menu each week.)
A word from Vincent's
For 15 years, Vincent’s restaurant has won rave reviews and the hearts of diners at its location in historic downtown Escondido. In Avignon, France, young Vincent studied the culinary arts at Ecole Hoteliere D’Avignon. Combining classic French techniques with his passion for quality ingredients, proprietor and chef Vincent Grumel offers a seasonally inspired cuisine. His dishes are meticulously balanced, complete, fresh and stunning. The cellar holds over 2000 wines bottles and includes an exceptional selection of sought-after-wines including wines from grand vintages as well as coveted wines of small producers. For five consecutive years, Vincent has been honored by receiving the “Award of Excellence” from the Wine Spectator. Vincent’s staff is a graceful blend of polished professionalism and straightforward friendliness. The ambiance is warm, refined and comfortable. Join Vincent, Lisa and staff for a dining experience that captures the essence of Joie de Vivre.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Vincent's - Best Restaurants in Escondido ›
Vincent's reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)neighborhood gem (34)romantic (30)fit for foodies (25)notable wine list (21)good for groups (4)hot spot (4)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Consistent excellenceBusinessfoodiesDined on 10/16/2014This was our 3rd trip in 2 years since we live over an hour away. This time we specifically picked this place to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The menu selection has its fine staples and the chef keeps it updated to present new and different items. The food maintained its expected excellence. The wine list is robust though not extensive and pairs well with the menu selections. The service, from the pace to the helpfulness, the right touch of attentiveness and the friendliness, was impressive. Well worth keeping this place in the memory banks. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem in EscondidoTasmanVIPDined on 10/11/2014Great food and service every time! A nice array of appetizers and entrees. Make a reservation because it isn't a large restaurant and you don't want to miss out!Special Features:
- Off night? Or have things slipped?OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/3/2014Maybe it was restaurant week, but this night missed on many fronts. Despite it being October 3rd and looking at a list that said "updated Oct 3rd", first four wines selected were "not available". Finally, waiter brought a bottle that "was similar to last wine you selected". I wasn't told (and in fairness, did not ask the price as this was getting old). When check came, price was about 40% higher than the bottle I had selected. Given four unavailable bottles, and taking 25 to 30 minutes from seating to have an open bottle, I think the better thing would have been to apologize and offer bottle at same price (Wed is all bottles 1/2 off, so margin there). Food wise, one of six items between us was good. Others poor to bad, all under seasoned.
- Great Food...SymbaVIPDined on 9/30/2014This is one great little restaurant. The food is amazing. Prices are also very affordable. The chef comes out and check on your satisfaction with his chef d'oeuvre! Took a big customer there and they loved the place. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- realfoodieDined on 9/30/2014My veal for resturant week was very good just not quite enough. but did enjoy it!Special Features:
- Perfect Dinner SpotFranklinsDined on 9/27/2014We Loved the Location, the restaurants decor was fantastic..my husband even said the bathroom was nice! The food was Awesome..it took a little while between courses to get our food but we didn't mind so much because it gave us more time to talk. The Chef who is also the owner came out and greeted everyone it was a really good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChuckChuckDined on 9/27/2014Always a pleasure. Great food and staff. Quiet, easy for private conversations and outstanding wine list. Wonderful food and great presentations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food slow serviceFoodielouDined on 9/27/2014We came to Vincent's on our anniversary and left completely underwhelmed on every level. The meal started off well with a bowl of absolutely delicious French onion soup. If I had left there, I would have given a five star review. Unfortunately, we moved on to the next course. The beef raviolis were salty to the point of being inedible while the beef bourguignon was mediocre at best, lacking any real notable flavor. After waiting for 15 minutes for the waitress to come around to give us our check, we left the restaurant $100 lighter in the wallet and wishing we just cooked a meal at home...Special Features:
- One of SD's best???Hardly.sdfoodieVIPDined on 9/26/2014I don't usually write reviews on restaurants, but after our visit to Vincent's I have to. This was one of the most amateur dining experiences I can remember. I had heard good things about the place from others and so last Friday my husband and I decided to try it out. We made a reservation on Open Table, but when we arrived we were not on the reservation list. The visit went downhill from here. Both my husband and I ordered food that during the course of the meal "sold out", though the table behind us that arrived after us was served those dishes. The serving staff was absolutely pathetic. Our clueless waiter came up to us and one point between courses and asked "so, what are you waiting for?". They need to get it together here.
- Outstanding!SharonaDined on 9/26/2014Who would guess that one of the county's finest dining spots can be found in downtown Escondido?! From beginning to end, our dining experience was off the page. I highly recommend Vincent's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- server was ver slowOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2014The food was excellent however the server was slow. We told we were going to see an opera and I had it on my reservation too at 7 . We ordered our desert at the beginning . He forgot to bring the desert and when we reminded him he went to get them . It was 650 and and we were there from 530 . He comes back and tells me the one I ordered they are out of it. He had all that time to see if they were out of .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014We had a wonderful time. The food is fantastic, the service great, price could not be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy saucesSoCalFoodieDined on 9/25/2014We went last week for my son's birthday. He had Beef Wellington which was incredibly beautiful. It was filling, esp. with the soup that was included. The rest of us has the special menu items which were very tasty. The sauces were incredible. From the meat to the fish to the grill dish and most of all the caramel on the apple tart !!! Perfection! It is not cheap, but was well worth the prices.Special Features:
- Never disappointsBruceDined on 9/25/2014We are always happy with Vincents, it never disappoints us.Special Features:
- Consitent top notch foodOldHRHitterDined on 9/16/2014Vincent had been a superb San Diego chef for three decades. We eat there often and frequently bring a great bottle of wine to combine with his excellent food.Special Features:
- Outdoor DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/13/2014We had dinner outside at the sidewalk tables on a quiet Saturday night. The food was outstanding. Especially the soup and the Beef Wellington. Definitely would go back when next in Escondido.Special Features:
- Another Great Meal ExperienceEatingWellDined on 9/11/2014My wife and I have dined at Vincent's on a number of occasions over the course of a few years and have always had a wonderful experience. The staff has always been informative and truly professional. The menu offers plenty of choice and the specials are truly special. Definitely a go-to spot if you want to have a very nice meal in a comfortable setting. I must add - the wine list is quite impressive as well. I would not hesitate to recommend Vincent's and I am completely confident when taking someone there for their first experience of what Vincent's has to offer.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsgardengalVIPDined on 9/10/2014We visited Vincent's as my birthday choice for French dining. Oysters Rockefeller is something we always order when on the menu-big oysters nicely cooked but overall flavor gets a 6 out of 10. Soup of the day is gratis with your entrée and this one was delicious. The caesar salad wedge was really crisp leaves of romaine with parmesan, bacon, and Vincent's dressing--yum! My husband loved the perfectly cooked pork chop. Service was excellent and a free birthday dessert leaves such a nice impression!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special ExperienceNickVIPDined on 9/6/2014Filet included an excellent red wine sauce reduction, and he put a moderate amount of sauce on the filet. I enjoyed both the tenderness of the steak and the flavor of the sauce- an excellent combination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!gaaaaaryDined on 8/23/2014Our first time to Vincent's, I was looking on Open Table for a nice place for our anniversary dinner, and it turned out fantastic! Great food, friendly service, nice atmosphere. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite RestaurantsallywDined on 8/20/2014Always good, always quiet, always great service. This is a favorite restaurant of ours.Special Features:
- Recommended for quiet dinnercdc1Dined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed our first dinner at Vincent's. Great ambiance, friendly service, and the food tasted very good. We'll definitely go back. The restaurant was quite busy, but still quiet. Dress is informal. Price for two starters, two salads, two entrees, and two glasses of house wine plus tip was about $140.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/6/2014Excellent as always. The special week day menu is a great deal.Special Features:
- Great little gemavistravelerDined on 8/6/2014This is a wonderful restaurant. This is my third time coming here and I brought 8 friends plus my husband to celebrate my 60th birthday. They were gracious and the larger group in small restaurant never changed the great level of service we received. Love the food, their special 3 for $30 tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and 1/2 price wine day on Wednesdays.Special Features:
- Return VisittimtymeDined on 8/1/2014Once again, never a disappointment. The bone-in ribeye was incredible. And the wifes fish was also excellent. Always a pleasure to dine here.Special Features:
- Gem in Escondidofoodie1Dined on 7/26/2014Vincent's is a quaint, french restaurant in downtown Escondido. The food, in general is good but I want to comment on the Beef Wellington. My husband had it before and raved about it so he ordered it again. He loved it. He has had it at other restaurants by famous chefs and theirs was mediocre in comparison--and at almost double the price. Also, we forgot that the menu said the entrees came with soup, so ordered appetizers. Between the decent portion sizes and the soup, we couldn't finish our entries so be forwarned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- clongOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014This place is a great find in Escondido. We go there often. Great food.Special Features:
- Always Perfect!sallywDined on 7/22/2014We have been to Vincent's multiple times and love it every time. This is our "special occasion" restaurant and they never disappoint. Food, service and ambiance always great. Small, intimate and quiet.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 6/28/2014Nice setting, friendly atmosphere, service was a bit uneven but nothing to complain about. We've been twice now and on each occasion the food wasn't anything special. An OK meal but nothing more.
- The following 580 reviews are from the Vincent's reviews archive.
- Good Food, Service Horribly SlowOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/19/2014We've eaten there twice and both times we enjoyed the food, but the service was extremely slow and lacked attention to detail (like pouring wine into empty glasses, checking on how our meal was etc.). The worst part was the wait between courses. We expect a relaxing atmosphere and don't like being rushed, but come on....20 minutes after finishing a course is a bit slow. i would give the food a 5 rating because it is quite good, but the service....yawn, wake me up when my next course is ready.Special Features:
- Worth the travelPantherSpawnDined on 6/18/2014My wife and I live over an hour away, yet we travel to vincents every year to have our anniversary dinner. And every year we are not disappointed. The food is always outstanding, the staff friendly and attentive and the wine list top notch. It's usually a fairly expensive meal, but totally worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as expectedunevenDined on 6/7/2014Food was uneven. I had beef wellington. Asked for it medium. What I got was almost raw on one end and well done on the other. So on the average it was medium. I don't know how mea can be cooked that way. A real mystery. My wife had the rack of lamb which was drowned in a sauce. Overall, not a particularly good experience. Probably will not go back.Special Features:
- Another great visit!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/6/2014This was a requested return visit with my in-laws who were visiting from out-of-town. Although it was bustling outside with a local event, the restaurant was quiet. We were seated promptly at a wonderful corner table with a view of the passersby. For appetizers we ordered several dishes to share: Crab cakes, Country (duck) Pate, Oysters Rockefeller and the Smoked Salmon Plate. Each were nicely presented with fantastic flavors. The Pate was plentiful; left overs were just as good. The main entrees were equally outstanding. We had a short visit with Vincent after the meal. I think it's wonderful that he takes the time to visit his patrons. He genuinely shows an interest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French Colonial Saigon, Indochina.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014A limited Mother’s Day four course selection. Not providing their dinner menu was a big disappointment. Our guests were anxious to order Vincent’s “Duck a’l’ Orange and this entrée was not offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014Terrific food and great service. I will have to go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome anniversary celebration!LeahGDined on 5/10/2014Great restaurant for a last minute pick on a holiday weekend. Busy yet charming, great service, great food- can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NeighborhoodsouthwestgirlDined on 5/8/2014I have now eaten at the restaurant so many times it really is part of my neighborhood. Every time I thoroughly enjoy the atmosphere and food.Special Features:
- Always GoodDeniseDined on 5/3/2014Vincent's is a diamond. The food is always good, the service impeccable and the only problem is by the time you finish dinner, there is not enough room for the decadent desserts. It is not inexpensive but the flavors and ambience are worth every penny. Thank you for making another celebration perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the usual for VincentsrscgDined on 4/30/2014Can't say excellent as usually since the appetizers were not as stated on the menu. My husband ordered the Moules Mariniere topped with shoestring potatoes. No shoestring potatoes. When asked, we were told they forgot to order the potatoes. Myself & two others ordered the Kale salad with Cara Cara oranges with dried pears, shaved fennel & hazelnuts. None of us got any oranges ,& mine did not have any fennel or dried pears, and I did have two hazelnuts. Otherwise the entrees & deserts were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent find in Escondido!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2014We enjoyed dinner at Vincent's on a Saturday night. I would definitely recommend making reservations, especially after 6 PM. Food was well prepared, appetizing to look at and artfully arranged. Great French onion soup! Healthy, local vegetables were served. We didn't partake of dessert, because we were too full, but I'll try to save room the next time! Great service from all staff. Thank you!Special Features: