Vincent's Italian Cuisine
7839 St. Charles Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70118Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Vincent's Italian Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vincentsitaliancuisine.com/
- Phone: 5048669313
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Creole
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer catering for both on/off premise events for up to a 1000 people. Please call if you have any questions about catering at your office, holiday party, or any special event.
- Private Party Contact: Vincent 504-866-9313
- Special Events: We do have a private wine room that can accomodate up to 22 people. For larger parties we have a room that can accomdate up to a 100 guest at our Metairie Location
- Cross Street: Fern
- Public Transit: If your looking to get out of the city and explore the historical St. Charles Ave, you can get on the street car and Vincent's is one stop before Carrolton Ave in the riverbend. The street car will stop in front of Vincent's on the corner of St. Charles Ave. and Fern St.
- Parking: Street Parking
A word from Vincent's Italian Cuisine
Vincent's is located in the Uptown area of New Orleans in the heart of the Riverbend. We have been serving the New Orleans area for 20 years and continue to serve the the finest ingredients at a reasonable price. Vincent's has been voted "Best Italian Restaurant" for 10 years in a row by multiple publications. The menu is considered to be Creole Italian which consist of Italian food with a New Orleans Twist. We serve your all your Italian favorites from homemade pasta's to Osso Bucco along with many classic New Orleans dishes such as Blackened Redfish, Seafood Stuffed Porkchop, Veal Chop, Stuffed Shrimp in Pastry, Herb Crusted Salmon and Crabcakes. If your looking for a cozy neighborhood restaurant with great food and service, Vincent's is the place to be.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Vincent's Italian Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Carrollton ›
Vincent's Italian Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (97)special occasion (63)fit for foodies (55)romantic (49)notable wine list (39)hot spot (19)good for groups (11)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- TerryDined on 10/25/2014Vincent's serves delicious, traditional Italian food, and does it consistently! They offer an excellent variety of entrees, expertly prepared, with sauces that are 'right on'. The 'real' Caesar salad, along with crab-and corn bisque served in a bread bowl, are great beginnings. My wife and I drive the 60 miles to New Orleans once a month to enjoy this food. A great neighborhood restaurant treasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Allways a treat. Treated like family. Great food,Great services.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food but had to waitluveatingoutDined on 10/18/2014reservation was for 8pm didn't get seated until 8:45pm, once seated had to wait another 10 mins before a menu was brought to us. Food was excellent but service was just okSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great place.CreoleOrleansDined on 10/18/2014If you're just looking for good authentic Italian food… This is the place to be. The service is phenomenal, and the wine list is very good. This is probably one of the best Italian restaurants in New Orleans hands-down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mama MiaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014As an Italian (from the west coast), I am always a bit put out by a seeming lack of Italian food I grew up with in this area. With the utmost respect to the Italians in the area who have certainly put their own regional twist on things, which is also fantastic. But sometimes, I just want a kitchen hug from mama!! Vincent's fills that void in more ways than one. Boisterous is an understatement for the crowd. Big, loud families surround you in the best sense of the word. The food- FINALLY- the food! I found a place I can take my mother to when she visits. A bit heavy on the veal in all dishes would be my only complaint, as I do not eat veal. However in terms of authenticity everything was dead on. The Sicilian antipasta plate: must!Special Features:
- The Perfect EveningCWReviewDined on 10/16/2014Needed a special place to celebrate our 15 year anniversary. We love Italian food & try to eat local when we can. Many entries came up, but something kept pointing me to Vincent’s Italian Cuisine. The more reviews I read online the easier my decision was to make. From your first impression walking up to the front door till when you walk out the door everything screams Italian Restaurant in a good way. The wonderful décor, the friendly staff, the attentive owner, etc… Then there is the food. The amazing food. My wife had the canneloni & I had the chicken parmigiana. Both were done to perfection. We will recommend Vincent's Italian Cuisine to any & all. Thank you for the great & special evening.Special Features:
- Our Favorite Place in New OrleansOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014This restaurant is, by far, our "go to" place in New Orleans- whether it is for a special occasion or just as a "I don't feel like cooking tonight" outing. Always outstanding service and unbelievably fabulous food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014The person coordinating the reservations and waiting list was very courteous and pleasant. The food was excellent and the service was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vincent's is a must!JuJuDined on 10/10/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary at Vincent's. I had heard from many that is was fantastic and saw it was awarded the Best Italian restaurant in New Orleans. It lived up to the award. Fantastic food and can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- UniqueLuckyEaterDined on 10/10/2014Im from Oklahoma and my boyfriend from Alabama. Although he lived there for 9 months he had never heard of Vincent's. I did research and all the reviews were excellent. And I will say Vincent's did not disappoint. I will highly recommend this to anyone headed that direction.Special Features:
- Awesome2happydinersDined on 10/7/2014Awesome food and overall great dining experience. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very SpecialVeritasDined on 10/7/2014Wanted to have a special meal for a dear friend and it was indeed just that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & great friendly serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/4/2014Tabels are tight, but makes for a vibrant atmosphere. If you want a bit more room ask to be seataed in the "wine room."Special Features:
- love2dineatvincentsDined on 10/2/2014When we are in New Orleans, this is the restaurant we always go to! Food and service are always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Night ClassVAPiedmontDined on 9/28/2014Vincent's is mostly a neighborhood Italian restaurant, but don't let that fool you. The cooking is very good, not one sauce fits all, and the portions are good sized. In our case, my wife had chicken parmiggiano, I had veal Napoleon, and the flavors were very different - my "gravy" was closer to the original tomato, less cooked down than the parm, and the seasoning was perfect. The wine list by the glass or bottle is large enough for most palates, and most of the regular items on the menu come with suggested pairings. If only we had enough room for the desserts!Special Features:
- from Riverlands SPCAOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Vincent always donates to our annual Bark after Dark fundraiser, and we like to reciprocate by dining there. Last Sunday, a major sponsor took us to dinner. He likes Italian and is a vegetarian. so we had wine and dinner at the St. Charles location and managed to avoid Saints traffic, too. Food was great; I knew it would be. Our friends from Switzerland really enjoyed their food! We appreciate Vincent's generosity and his most excellent and dependable food. The only change I recommend is just a bit more light; people were using flashlights and cell phones to see the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulLindagatorDined on 9/28/2014We so enjoyed our dinner here. The food was very good & the wait staff did everything they could to make our visit enjoyable. The menu is extensive. The breadsticks & garlic butter was habit forming. The restaurant was very attractive & clean. The noise level was high from everyone talking & having a good time. Other than that, the evening was perfect.Special Features:
- cquinnkDined on 9/27/2014Rose of Sicily, eggplant parmagian were great. It is a neighborhood favorite. We visit Vincent's every time we are in NOLA.Special Features:
- Hands down my new favoriteNolaFoodieDined on 9/26/2014Hands down the best service in New Orleans. Vincents delivers on all fronts and the friendly attentive staff brings it home! Overall the food is incredible and the atmosphere is unbeatable for any romantic occasion. Being 100% Italian I could not ask for a more authentic Italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodZorroVIPDined on 9/26/2014Vincents is a terrific local find. Consistently good. Great waitstaff who work as a team (how refreshing!). Can get a little busy and tables are close together so book ahead on weekends if you can.Special Features:
- Packed like sardinesneworleansnewbieDined on 9/26/2014Very busy and tables are very close together. Service was attentive but not overwhelming. Would have appreciated a little more direction on the menu as it was our first time at the restaurant. Servers didn't make too much effort with our table. There were other tables that were regulars and were obvious favorites. Food was good but very heavy. Food came out in a timely manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unforgivably bad!SaccoChildDined on 9/24/2014I have eaten at Vincent's Restaurant's since I was a child and was always treated like family, ate great food and had amazing service. My last visit was the complete opposite. The food was ok, I felt rushed, we had dirty silverware and our wines delivered from the bar were mixed up. The dramatic changes going on have caused me to never return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Genuine ExperienceNOLAFoodieDined on 9/20/2014Vincent's is a great destination, when you are searching for an experience, not only a tasty meal. Hubs and I wanted to take his parents out for a treat. The staff tryly delivered. Stuffed cannelloni simply melts in your mouth, ooh la la! The eggplant Parmesan and lasagna was a hit as well. Father in-law enjoyed his chicken, however the garlic was a bit heavy. (He's not Italian, forgive him. lol) Raymond, the ultimate, attentive senior wait staff was on point! He's very conscientious and provided a bit of humor. He made us feel very welcome and at home. He wasn't pushy about the menu or desert. Even when we declined desert and then changed our mind, and decided to opt for the Spumoni, he rolled with the flow. He's surely a keeper!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food but extreme crowdingcea1Dined on 9/16/2014Quite a trek if you are staying in Riverfront/French Quarter but the trip is worth it. You pass many beautiful homes on your trip so always something pleasant to observe. We were seated immediately and wait staff were attentive and accommodating . Food was delicious and wine list was fine. Only drawback for me was the crowding of the tables. Seemed they were trying to put 40 tables into a 25 table spot. No one seemed to mind with all the great food coming to the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentEatinStyleVIPDined on 9/14/2014We adore Vincent's Italian Cuisine ... find a nook here and order up! Excellent traditional Italian dishes. Service always on spot and welcoming! This family gets it! Keep up the great work!Special Features:
- Great nightOliverDined on 9/13/2014We had a great night at Vincent's! It was our first time but the food was amazing. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old school ItalianCalWVIPDined on 9/13/2014Both artichoke apps are delicious. Our party loved the veal, crabmeat salad, fish, corn bisque. Caesar is so so. The ice cream is delicious. The only negative (besides the parking ticket) was that the spaghetti in the bordelaise was over-cooked. I wish Vincent's would step up and be the first to offer whole wheat pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st VisitMEadsDined on 9/13/2014Our first visit to Vincent's made a great impression. Definitely would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonZRonZDined on 9/12/2014Nice busy restaurant in New Orleans. Being from Chicago I may have become spoiled when it comes to good Italian food, but I was not at all impressed or happy with the food we had here. We had the veal parmisan & the Lasagna. Both deserved Poor ratings! Although large helpings, Veal was mushy and overly covered with over cooked (almost burned) gravy (or sauce for you non Italians) & Lasagna itself was prepared well with ingredients besides just the usual ricotta and mozzarella cheeses and almost had a chance but again had burned gravy which destroyed it. My wife and I would not recommend or return here based on the food we had. Its a very popular restaurant so maybe just a bad cooking night. This is our opinion based on food we had.
- Never disappointsChefLocoDined on 9/12/2014My favorite restaurant in NOLA. Great Italian food only available here. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New York in New OrleansjulsDined on 9/11/2014Walking into Vincent's is like walking out of NOLA and into NYC. Tony is such a sweetie and wants to take care of everyone. The food here is wonderful. The best veal dishes I have ever had. It is a nice break from Cajun cuisine. The price is very reasonable for the meal and my son luved the cannola that we got to go. It is walking distance from Tulane and right on the Street Car Line. I look forward to many more visits there as I plan to visit my son often over the next 5 years.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014If yoh like italian food, just eat there. You can't go wrongSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome all around experienceBrianDined on 9/7/2014This is the full package. Great food, nice location, and very friendly service. We look forward to coming again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Best Italian food ever! Try the cannelloni! That's all I need to saySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!dfsol92Dined on 8/31/2014Great atmosphere and delicious food! The Cannelloni and Lasagna were absolutely fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as alwaysnicknameVIPDined on 8/31/2014We have been here many times and the food is always fantastic. New risotto dish is fantastic. Veal dishes are also great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014My favorite restaurant in NOLA. The food is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightJmfhDined on 8/26/2014Vincents is great. Such an array of italian dishes. Always consistent, always delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST ITALIAN IN NOLA !!!localyokel1976VIPDined on 8/24/2014This is by far the best Italian restaurant in the city of New Orleans. Quite possibly the best restaurant in the city. Fantastic Italian food. Superior service. A +++Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Food was excellent and service was fantastic. Great location for a romantic meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.