1475 W Balmoral Ave
Chicago, IL 60640Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://vincentchicago.com/index.htm
- Phone: 7733347168
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Adam Grandt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Vincent
Vincent is a new American Bistro inspired by local sourcing and European cuisine. The room inspired by Amsterdam.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vincent reviews from OpenTable diners
- Andersonville GemelkrutschDined on 8/30/2013Can't believe it took me three years of living around the corner to finally try out Vincent. The food was fantastic and the service was the best I've had in a really long time. This small venue is best for 2-4 people, has a lovely patio space out front, and is filled with energy. Don't expect a quite night of whispers, but do expect an excellent cocktail list and a fantastic time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, not worth the priceHarborDinerDined on 8/16/2013I had a whitefish entree that was $26, totally flavorless and a bit overcooked. Absolutely nothing to write home about. Meals were about a half hour late coming out. Good thing we weren't starving, and we did get a little TLC near the end of the evening, which was appreciated.Special Features:
- great birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/28/2013I took a friend with a moderate memory problem.The staff was very helpful. They even provided her with a great birthday desert/ even thou there was nothing listed on the brunch menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice sidewalk diningvinofanVIPDined on 7/24/2013Had a pleasant meal outdoors including the Charcuterie plate, Beet salad and a pork dish. My companion loved his Lamb burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After finally dining at Vincent,chifoodieVIPDined on 7/23/2013After finally dining at Vincent, I'm sorry I waited so long. Everything was delicious, and the atmosphere is great. While I had hoped for more traditional Dutch foods, the menu is impressive and there are authentic Dutch gins (genever) on offer, which was just as nice. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedFoodieMcGeeDined on 7/18/2013After positive Yelp! reviews and a glowing recommendation from a friend, I had high hopes for this restaurant. Entering the place, and looking at the menu online beforehand, my expectations continued to rise. Sadly, the meal I had was nothing to write home about. We ordered four small plates, and maybe our issue was what we ordered. We ordered the foie gras mousse, bone marrow custard, tarragon gnocchi and crispy pork belly. The presentation on all the dishes were definitely top notch, especially for the foie gras mousse. Unfortunately, I found the tastes to be off on the mousse and custard, I would not recommend them at all. The gnocchi and pork belly were both pretty good, but nothing too crazy impressive.Special Features:
- Wednesday night dinner. WeatherOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/17/2013Wednesday night dinner. Weather precluded dining outside and the inside din chilled conversation. Food was prepared as requested, and plated and presented with care. I will return and continue to suggest this restaurant, but only if outside dining is possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fun PlacegreatDined on 7/12/2013Have been here numerous times. Love the pomme fritesSpecial Features:
- Fantastic food, great spaceJenwomonVIPDined on 7/5/2013We had a fantastic dinner at Vincent. The cocktails are interesting but not overwhelming. The staff is very friendly. I like that the staff and room are casual, even though the food is seriously gourmet. My partner had the salmon, our friend had the amish chicken and I had a white fish special. It all tasted very good. We split the seasonal beet salad and frites. Overall, a wonderful meal and a lovely evening. I've been raving about it to friends and neighbors.Special Features:
- Second visit as good as the firstOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/29/2013Vincent is consistently great. The wait staff is very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. They have no problem making recommendations if asked. The food is very good - inventive combinations that reflect the seasons and superior quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and Food excellentveggiechicagoVIPDined on 6/14/2013Great options for vegetarians as well. Outdoor seating is lovely and Michael and wait staff exremelty personable. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- There Will Be More Visits!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/11/2013Loved it. The flavors were astonishing. The service wonderful. 3 of us did the 3 course meal and to be perfectly honest it was too much food. We each had an app, a salad, and an entree and by the time the entree came we were full. You can't beat the deal, 3 courses for $33. Our server was excellent in her wine knowledge which really made for a great experience. We like to pair wines by the glass with our courses so we all can enjoy the true pairing experience. She was great at it! We will make this a place to bring friends so they can experience how wonderful the food and service are at Vincent.Special Features:
- This place never dissapoints.PaulVIPDined on 6/5/2013Rainbow Trout stuffed with Crawfish! OMG! Seriously every time I eat here, I have something that I have never had before. And anytime you see a whole fish on their menu, GET IT! Their drinks are a creative and delicious use of schrubs and gin, good wine list, and their charcuterie is always a treat. Each time I go I am blown away by the outstanding and original food choices, great service and awesome drinks.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood placefuntodineoutVIPDined on 6/1/2013We enjoyed Vincents. The beet salad was delicious as was the fish & chicken dishes we ordered. Would have liked to see more non-meat choices. The noise level was incredibly loud & we chose to have desert elsewhere just to escape the noise level, as we had to practically shout to hear each other. Enjoyed the photos of Amsterdam.Special Features:
- Vincent is one of our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/17/2013Vincent is one of our favorite neighborhood spots and we go there often. The food is very good but the service is hit or miss. The host/front of the house manager is awesome and very friendly but the waiters range from attentive to totally indifferent. The last time we went on a Friday night, the service was extremely slow. It took forever between courses and waited far too long to flag down our waiter for drink refills. I wish I could say this was a one-time occurance but it wasn't. I fear that a very good place will go under if they don't fix the service problem. That would be a shame because, as I said, the food is very good.Special Features:
- Delicious Brunch...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/5/2013...in a lovely room with a very friendly, competent staff.Special Features:
- A wonderful timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/4/2013Good food. Nice small space. Great staff. I'm a very happy eater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some Great CheesesOpenTable Diner Since 1990VIPDined on 5/2/2013They have a great selection of cheeses you can get by the half and full ounces. We got 4 half ounces. Yummmm. Only feedback is would like to see more veggie dishes. A few, but limited. Overall, great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightsoundanswerDined on 4/30/2013My wife and I had a great date night here. The food was really incredible! The drinks were outstanding, loved the cheese plate. We definitely recommend it. While we felt overdressed for the occasion (most folks were in shorts) it was still a great romantic night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy relaxing neighborhood spotFoodVIPDined on 4/26/2013We've lived in the neighborhood for years and finally decided to stop in for dinner. The place is charming. The wait staff very friendly, attentive and genuine. The food is good. Had a fish special and my guy had their vincent burger. Both were yummy. Flie gras appetizer well presented and tasty. Lots of fun cocktails and a good wine list. Will go back.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood gemSuperbVIPDined on 4/20/2013The food is good, but nothing to rave about. Service is a bit slow on weekends and the restaurant is very noisy since the tables are very close to each other and fairly small space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strange - Won't ReturnEwokiddoVIPDined on 4/20/2013This was the strangest dining experience I have ever had. We ordered drinks, appetizers, and entrees. The appetizers came out pretty fast, we ate them, and then waited. And waited. The waiter never came to check in. After 45 minutes, we flagged him down asked what was taking so long. He didn't answer, just left and got the manager. The manager was immediately very rude. He started telling us that it had only been 15 minutes since we finished apps (what?) and then he told my mother in law that she was being rude. He said, you know what, dinner will all be on the house and then you never have to come back here again. Um, way to escalate the situation. This was really upsetting so I left. My husband and MIL stayed and said the food was ok.
- The service needs to be improved.FishVIPDined on 4/6/2013The service needs to be improved. We waited 45 minutes after our reservation time to be seated. We then waited over 30 minutes at the table to receive cocktails....and time for food to arrive was likewise late. The waiter seemed only cursorily interested in our dining experience.
- I rarely write reviews butOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/30/2013I rarely write reviews but this was one of the best dining experiences I've had in Chicago. I highly recommend Vincent...The food and cocktails were delicious and left nothing to be desired. The wait staff was accommodating and knowledgeable, and the atmosphere was comfortable and unpretentious.Special Features:
- Vincent's food was fine, butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/28/2013Vincent's food was fine, but not as amazing as the prices imply. I was underwhelmed by both the concept (how are fish and chips especially Dutch?) and the service, as the pleasant waitstaff had a hard time locating non-alcoholic drinks (ie hot tea) and seemed unclear about who was actually serving our table. This shouldn't have been a struggle, given that our reservation was the first of the night. I marked this as a "special occasion" restaurant, but only because of the high prices. I will not bother going back, as there are so many other excellent restaurants to try in Andersonville.Special Features:
- Prix Fixe Tuesdays at VincentnikiraeVIPDined on 3/19/2013Their Tuesday night prix fixe is a great bargain. Excellent choices for delightful food. From the soup, to salad and an amazing entrees the meal was fabulous. Try the Citrus & Avocado salad and the coffee rub pork chop. The chef makes an amazing soup. As always excellent service and a fun evening of food, beverage, and conversation.Special Features:
- Service and Noise unfortunatelyChowoutVIPDined on 3/17/2013Service and Noise unfortunately outweighed the food - which was very good.
- Can't wait to go back-thisOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/16/2013Can't wait to go back-this was an exceptional restaurant with delicious food and excellent service!Special Features:
- Andersonville FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Vincent is our go-to special occasion restaurant, but it's also great for brunch and dinner any time. In the summer they usually have a "beer and burgers" night once a week, which is really worth checking out. The dishes tend to sound like traditional offerings, but always have a unique twist that makes them special. The chef is right on - daring enough to try new things, but starts with a good foundation. Top picks: any of the mussel selections, roasted beet carpaccio, charcuterie, amish chicken breast and panna cotta. Something else worth noting - the staff. We have been consistently pleased with the staff at Vincent. I get the feeling that they are genuinely happy to work there, which says a lot about a restaurant. Enjoy!Special Features:
- By far my favorite neighborhoodNYCdecoratorVIPDined on 3/2/2013By far my favorite neighborhood restaurant in Chicago. From beginning to end Vincent is a pleasurable experience. You never have to wait for your reservation. The service is friendly and smooth. The food is delicious and creative without being precious. Always a fun night ... wheter with my spouse or with a group of friends.Special Features:
- It's a keeper!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/23/2013Love this place, have been I think 3-4 times. Every time the service and food are excellent and of high quality. They know how to make you feel welcome and the food feels special and thoughtfully done. Great neighborhood restaurant. Love the décor too!Special Features:
- Service was outstanding, thankOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/22/2013Service was outstanding, thank you Brian! Food was soo delicious!Special Features:
- Great for Valentine's Day!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Great for Valentine's Day! But will be back for dinner.. Oysters, apps and entrees were all perfect! great Place!Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2013We've been to Vincent before and this was this first time thru Open table. We like the local places.Special Features:
- delicious, great friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/3/2013delicious, great friendly service, will be back! the pork belly, trout hash and pancakes were all amazing. the staff was so wonderful. we love vincent!Special Features:
- Service was really awkward.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2013Service was really awkward. However, the food and drinks were so good I didn't care!Special Features:
- never disappointsDouginChicagoDined on 1/25/2013This was maybe our 5th time eating here, and each time is better than the last. Such a wonderful place, such fantastic service, and the food is just outstanding. One of our favorites in Andersonville for sure, but also one of our favorites in the city period.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurantnikiraeVIPDined on 1/10/2013Great neighborhood restaurant in Andersonville -- excellent food and service, wonderful staff. Lots of good energy.Special Features:
- The best dinner in Andersonville,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/30/2012The best dinner in Andersonville, imho. I wish I had made the trek up here sooner, every dish from the salad, and soup to the outstanding burger and sirlion, to the awesome dessert was some of the best I have had. The ambiance is simple and comfortable, with a great playlist that kept surprising me. I cannot recommend this hidden gem enough and cannot wait to try brunch.Special Features:
- The food, service and ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/29/2012The food, service and ambiance is always outstanding here!Special Features: