Vinaigrette - Santa Fe
709 Don Cubero Alley
Santa Fe, NM 87505Neighborhood:
OrganicPrice: $30 and under
Vinaigrette - Santa Fe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vinaigretteonline.com/
- Phone: 5058209205
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Vinaigrette - Santa Fe
Vinaigrette is a chic and green Santa Fe bistro that raises the "salad bar" with bold and delicious entrée salads. Featuring innovative flavor combinations and the option to add savory protein accompaniments like diver scallops, lemon-herb chicken or grilled hanger steak, these tantalizingly hearty yet healthy creations allow for guiltless and delicious eating at the same time. Much of the restaurant’s organic produce is grown on owner Erin Wade's 10-acre Nambe farm, Los Portales, harvested within hours of arriving at Vinaigrette's kitchen. When not grown at the farm, the restaurant strives to source local and organic ingredients. As one local publication put it "Eating well never tasted so good."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Vinaigrette - Santa Fe - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
Vinaigrette - Santa Fe reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (35)neighborhood gem (27)great for lunch (26)fit for foodies (24)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (5)good for groups (4)romantic (4)late-night find (2)special occasion (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Organic and GreatPocoLocoLocalVIPDined on 10/17/2014Most of the menu is comprised of salad. If you like salad, you cannot find a larger variety anywhere in Santa Fe- and they are really good. If you are not in the mood for salad, Vinaigrette has soup, a limited selection of sandwiches and entrees, AND limited beer and wine. My wife and I highly recommend Vinaigrette and will continue to enjoy their wonderful salads and appetizers :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My First DinnerSFChicaVIPDined on 10/11/2014I have been to Vinegrette's many times for lunch but this was our first time for dinner. It was great. I let myself splurge on the scallops. $18 is a lot for a salad with 3 scallops but the salad is so very good and the scallops were perfectly cooked. A glass of wine rounded it all out. I would definitely go back for either lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- ValerieDined on 10/10/2014Interesting and large salads. Mushroom stew and gumbo very tasty. Very nice patio.Special Features:
- Always the bestLuvveroVIPDined on 9/15/2014We are never, ever disappointed here -- we come at least once a week!!Special Features:
- Fresh & FlavorfuljdougDined on 9/10/2014Very pleasant, cozy patio. Salads are fresh & flavorful, just right amount of dressing. Protein choices are cooked to order, very good but small. Short but thoughtful wine and beer list. Overall a very pleasant, not to mention healthy, dinner! Reservations are a good idea if you want to eat on the patio.Special Features:
- Good light food but noisysantafecitaDined on 9/9/2014The best thing about Vinaigrette is the menu of salads that can be complemented with shrimp, duck, flank steak or chicken. They also have interesting sandwich/salad combos. When I was there most of the wine list was sold out, but even so, the wine list was not impressive. The dessert special was a wonderful homemade peach pie. Overall service was OK, but the server seemed exhausted and, without being rude, betrayed impatience with our questions and requests. She was probably exhausted from the non-stop noise a group of very loud women were making -- the dining room doesn't have good noise reduction solutions. It was almost impossible to eat and have a conversation. If you want a quiet meal don't eat indoor, or go somewhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The freshest ingredientsJimmyDined on 9/4/2014We are regulars at the Santa Fe location especially in summer because the patio is wonderful for evening outdoor dining. I usually opt for the Omega Salad but this time I tried a seasonal special with kale and quinoa that was fantastic. Be sure to enjoy the fresh baked bread too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchen can't support great foodFriendsdineoutDined on 8/22/2014Had a lovely evening with friends in pretty outdoor space. Many dishes were excellent, some tasteless (do not order the soups!) The menu offered nice wine selections BUT many were unavailable and the 'substitutions' were not on par. Luckily being surrounded by good friends overcame maddening issues such as the (bad) soups being sent out with the main course as there were no spoons available earlier an issue the hapless server said they'd been dealing with for a couple of months??? WTF-Go down the street to Target and pick some up!!! We also felt it was the kitchen/management that delayed informing the server about sold out selections, information relayed many minutes later so no good recourse to reselect. Go but bring good humor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superstar of wholesome restaurantsDaveVIPDined on 8/19/2014Vinaigrette ranks at the top of my restaurant list for healthy, creative and delicious dishes. Kudos to Erin & staff for creating and continuing to serve the Santa Fe and Albuquerque markets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm to table goodnessSantaFelocalDined on 8/18/2014With their own acreage providing much of what is served, you are really getting farm to table food here. Nice variety in the menu, even though it's mostly salads and sandwiches. If you want quiet rather than excitement, dine in the patio area if you can..shaded, very pretty and much quieter than inside which gets very noisy as the place fills up...which it always does. Everyone at our table loved what they ordered. We have eaten here several times and had great experiences every time. They are also dog friendly on the patio!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014My issues are with seating almost 30 minutes after reservation time, then very slow service, way beyond a relaxed pace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply WonderfulTwibbsDined on 8/9/2014Vinaigrette is standout amongst the wonderful dining choices and a wonderful departure from the traditional New Mexican cuisine in Santa Fe. The inside dining is simple, clean and provides a nice hum of conversation and activity while the outside dining is a wonderful little sanctuary to enjoy an amazing meal. Our family, including two young boys (4) (7), enjoyed the entire experience. Our order included the Omega salad + fresh fish of the day, The Beet Goes On, and the boys split Erin's Mac & Cheese and an order of Sautéed Kale. Everyone commented on the kale as one of our favorite kale dishes we have had...and we eat a lot of kale:) Enjoy!Special Features:
- Summer on the PatioMickDined on 8/9/2014Four of us dined on the shaded patio at 6 on a summer evening. We were looking for a lighter energizing meal before a concert, and the various fresh and nutritious salad-based dishes hit the spot. Tables were well spaced, the service friendly, relaxed and efficient.Special Features:
- Terrific aside in NMburrphilDined on 8/7/2014We have been enjoying the SF and ABQ locations since they opened several years ago. When you need a balanced, healthy break from the vital red/green, the all-salad entree menu really hits the spot. On this occasion, it made for the ideal fare prior to the opera. We have also found there to be a strange disparity among the wait staff. Either we are graced with true polished, professionals in said roles or saddled with a waiter who is sadly in need of further training and a true sense of decorum. Regrettably, this trip provided the latter. Nonetheless, we had a lovely meal of chilled cucumber mint soup, salad entrees and shared peach pie. We look forward to more fine meals at both stores.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Food was good but very overpriced. We will not return.
- Delicious!starwatcherDined on 7/29/2014I took a friend from Mexico & she loved it. The salads were tasty.Special Features:
- a neighborhood favedbnmDined on 7/26/2014food is always fresh and delicious. Beautiful patioSpecial Features:
- Healthy & creative choiceGood4youDined on 7/18/2014Excellent salad based meals that offer creative combinations at a reasonable price in a laid-back setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulPhillyGirlVIPDined on 7/15/2014We are in Santa Fa for 8 days. I know there are supposed to be great restaurants here but I could eat at Vinaigrette every day-lunch or dinner. This is how I like to eat. Healthy, interesting food. First night, I had the Mushroom Stew and the Sautéed Kale. I am in heaven with this kind of eating. My husband had gazpacho and their Asian Chopped Salad. No added proteins for us that night but there are great suggestions for each salad if you want to add on. We ate on the patio and it was lovely. Then we split a fabulous flourless chocolate torte. The inside space is very simple but it was full last night when we stopped by for take-out. I had The Beet Goes on with the added baby grilled artichokes. Perfect!Special Features:
- Freshest Food in Santa Fetastebuds2Dined on 7/12/2014After eating unremarkable food for three days in Santa Fe (at nice restaurants which are over hyped), finding V on the last night was a great way to end our trip. Salads were fresh, dressing was perfect and our taste buds woke up after a long nap. Will be our first choice next time we visit SF.Special Features:
- Always niceBobdesuVIPDined on 7/5/2014My wife's favorite restaurant. Nice outdoor seating. Always friendly service. Known for great and interesting salads. A safe bet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ViniagretteSantaFeregularDined on 6/28/2014We've been to Viniagrette a few times and are glad to see that they seem to be thriving. A couple of quibble about our meal. We split a "Eat Your Peas" salad and added the grilled chicken. The chicken was a little sparse - only 4 small pieces to share between the two of us. And the dressing was less sweet and more tart than we remembered (in other words, more vinaigrette!) - my wife did not appreciate that but I did. And we added the mozzarella cheese balls which were fine and very rich. Other than that the salad ingredients were crisp and fresh and service was fine - a dependable and healthy standby in Santa Fe!Special Features:
- Great placesusansDined on 6/23/2014We go to Vinaigrette often and we love it there. In the summer is the best and being able to sit on the patio is a little vacation at the end of a day.
- Service Supreme!NuggetVIPDined on 6/23/2014Vinaigrette-Santa Fe offered outstanding service from the onset. It was a very hot day. We were offered a glass of cold water while we waited for seating in the charming outside patio. Our waiter was attentive friendly and knowledgeable about food pairings. We will return if we ever have an opportunity to visit Santa Fe again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 93 reviews are from the Vinaigrette - Santa Fe reviews archive.
- Local and excellentlsnmDined on 6/6/2014Vinaigrette has been consistently excellent for dinners. This was maybe my 4th visit and I look forward to going back. One thing I didn't realize before is that they grow as much of what's on their menu as possible locallly. Gotta love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Salads, Charm.FlashDined on 6/6/2014The salad list tempted to the point of being overwhelming (in a good way). Unique approach to salads, and the beautiful delivery did not disappoint. We sat in the patio under the apricot tree, and there was a delightful, cool breeze. Romantic. I would have given a five-star rating all around if it weren't for my husband's disappointment about the table with a dog in his viewing range. The dog was on the woman's lap eating from her plate. The restaurant should announce that it is dog friendly so that those who are not dog lovers could be forewarned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SurpriseNewMexicoVeganDined on 6/5/2014After reading an article about owner Erin Wade in the Santa Fe New Mexican, I wanted to try out Vinaigrette to sample the farm-to-restaurant fare raised on her Nambe farm. I went the route suggested by Mapquest, but discovered that there is easy access right off Cerrillos instead of down Don Cubero Alley. The restaurant was busy inside, and due to a threat of rain, I decided to eat indoors. Although not completely packed, the restaurant was full - and loud. It was a bit difficult to hear, but gratifying to see the restaurant to be so popular. I found enough vegan offerings on the menu to satisfy my eating style, which was pleasing. The portions were big, the salads were fabulous, and the service was great. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is excellent; Service so-soOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/5/2014The food is always excellent at Vinaigrette. It would be so nice if the service was consistently great too. Alas, the service is often so-so. But we still enjoy going for those delicious, creative salads. Maybe someday the staff will be as good as the food!Special Features:
- Consistently fresh, creative mealsP123VIPDined on 6/4/2014We have never been disappointed by this restaurant and have been here for both dinner and lunch. The best seats are outside. Eating inside can sometimes be challenging (many seats have no chair backs), but this is still one of our favorite Santa Fe restaurants.
- Good salads, slow servicenordicaVIPDined on 5/31/2014Once again, Vinaigrette offers a nice 'farm-fresh' salad experience with a fun patio for summertime, and agonizingly slow service. In fact, our waiter was so embarrassed he bought our wine after an hour's wait for our entrees. Go if you want a choice of salads w/ a choice of protein...but beware of the lackadaisical attitude many of the folks who work there have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Fresh GreensSFJoDined on 5/24/2014The salad greens were fresh and flavorful. Too many other restaurants today put a handful of bagged greens on your plate and call it a salad. Not here!Special Features:
- Good saladsPatrickandDianeDined on 5/15/2014We had salads for dinner and they were very good.Special Features:
- Vinaigrette met our expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/14/2014We read about this restaurant in San Francisco and decided to try it. Though it isn't easy to find, it was well worth the effort. We enjoyed everything we ordered and we'll definitely be returning before we leave Santa Fe .... this time with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/10/2014We were lucky to be able to walk to Vinaigrette from our hotel (parking can be difficult); then we had our choice of outside tables on a warm and not windy evening. They offered Cremant de Limoux by the glass, they bring fabulous bread and olive oil, and we needed a little mac and cheese to take the edge off while browsing the menu..... Perfect start to our evening. This is a great place to go to get in your numerous helpings of vegies for the day along with a delicious protein, all options are there. The trout was tender and flavorable, and the duck made my husband very happy. I LOVE to eat here; why isn't there one in Denver?Special Features:
- DaveVIPDined on 5/10/2014Vinaigrette is the best of restaurants with knowledgeable, friendly staff, creative dishes made fresh with wholesome ingredients and wonderful wines. It's casual atmosphere and contemporary furnishings make it a perfect night out for dinner for two, four or more, and the patio's the place to be when the weather warms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RVAfoodieDined on 5/3/2014Caesar kale salad was delicious! W had eaten at the location in Albuquerque the previous day and enjoyed it so much we decided to try this location. The food was equally good and I loved dining outdoors.Special Features:
- Don't Rely on GPSOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/3/2014GPS took us to a dead-end street behind the restaurant. Parking is a major issue for V. The salads are refreshing, delicious and worth the parking problem. Service is good but very casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Community supportadobefoodieDined on 4/24/2014Part of Angels Night Out, your restaurant demonstrated community support. I have never had a meal there I didn't just love and for a great price - proof you don't need to spend $mucho bucks for a great meal.Special Features:
- TastyGourmetDined on 4/22/2014Really flavorful food, good heathy options, with some unusual combinations. You can choose the protein to add to the greens, lots of choices for both. Decor is simple, clean, bright, upbeat and friendly, maybe not a date night kind of place, but perfect for friends. I wish we had this in seattle, it would fe very popular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014It's so different than anything else. Love the stuff they pair with the salads. And it's great there are meat options, sandwiches and soups. Just outstanding.Special Features: