Vinaigrette - Albuquerque
1828 Central Ave SW
Albuquerque, NM 87104Neighborhood:
OrganicPrice: $30 and under
Vinaigrette - Albuquerque
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vinaigretteonline.com/
- Phone: 5058209205
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Vinaigrette - Albuquerque
Vinaigrette is a chic and green Santa Fe bistro that raises the "salad bar" with bold and delicious entrée salads. Featuring innovative flavor combinations and the option to add savory protein accompaniments like diver scallops, lemon-herb chicken or grilled hanger steak, these tantalizingly hearty yet healthy creations allow for guiltless and delicious eating at the same time. The restaurant strives to source local and organic ingredients. As one local publication put it "Eating well never tasted so good."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Vinaigrette - Albuquerque - Best Restaurants in Albuquerque ›
Vinaigrette - Albuquerque reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (45)great for lunch (42)neighborhood gem (38)fit for foodies (30)good for groups (14)kid-friendly (13)great for brunch (11)special occasion (8)romantic (4)hot spot (4)notable wine list (3)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Casual but great dining experienceSmitchelVIPDined on 10/9/2014Vinaigrette is not fancy, but it has a unique dining concept and the place was packed. We went here on a trip to Albuquerque and wish that a similar restaurant would open at home. Our waitress was very helpful and our salads were great.Special Features:
- delicious!!!JohnJanetDined on 10/7/2014One of the most flavorful meals we have enjoyed dining out! Fresh, fulfilling and fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceLAtoonDined on 10/3/2014Found this gem of a eating establishment whilst on our road trip to Florida. A great experience; ambiance, service, food all tremendous.Special Features:
- Amazing Salad MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/26/2014Vinaigrette has an amazing salad menu and beautiful atmosphere, especially the back patio. The service was good. The tables are sort of close to each other, so you can definitely hear what people next to you are talking about. Overall, great place for a lite dinner.Special Features:
- Beautiful outdoor patioRoadrunner505Dined on 9/26/2014This restaurant has a beautiful ambiance both indoor and outdoors. We sat outside on the patio during a beautiful evening and couldn't have been more pleased. I ate the turkey sandwich with 1/2 garden salad. The salad had nice fresh veggies but I thought the dressing was fair. I would have liked for the sandwich to have less turkey and more veggies but that could just be personal preference. It was my first visit so I would be willing to return and select aomething different from the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice clean healthyceceDined on 9/25/2014So happy to eat a salad after so much new mexican food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Salad!RegularsVIPDined on 9/15/2014Service was very good, unfortunately due to weather we couldn't sit outside, but food was good.Special Features:
- LisaRDined on 9/7/2014We thought the food was very good but the prices were a bit high. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuziQDined on 9/6/2014We were very happy with the food, service, ambiance. We will definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VinaigretteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014Really enjoyed the food and our waiter was such a charmer! They did not actually have our reservation when I called to see if I could back it up a bit. We decided to try to go anyway. No wait, except for the outdoor dining. Would have enjoyed trying that. Inside was noisy, but the food was refreshing.Special Features:
- easy breezyFab4Dined on 8/27/2014Relax dining...great choices...good folks...it all equalled to a lovely end to a busy work day.Special Features:
- Delsih...but a tad noise-ykannieDined on 8/3/2014My friend and I eat here for the location and the fresh, flavorable food...she is a tad hard of hearing and the vibrations of sound and voices on this last event had her saying she did not hear what I had just said and so I needed to repeat myself quite often...my only issue is the lack of attention to noise absorption. k'annieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wbjrWbjrDined on 7/24/2014Excellent food. Broad bistro type menu. A bit loud, but energetic ambienceSpecial Features:
- Great FoodcpalynnDined on 7/17/2014I love the food at Vinagrette. Following a vegan diet makes it difficult to dine out in Albuquerque, but there are many delicious options at Vinagrette. My favorite item has to be the Chickpea Duo. Love that! I also enjoy the mushroom stew. Service is hit or miss. The servers are usually friendly, but service can be slow. Not a place to go if you're in a hurry.Special Features:
- Customer and fanpickupurforkDined on 7/16/2014The menu was surprising to read but, it lived up to it. The sandwiches looked good, but had to have one of the salads! Yummy. I will be back for more, plus the service was great. Our server was very helpful, especially with suggestions about what would compliment our choices. Dessert was delicious. I had the Lemon Cheesecake and someone else had Homemade Ice Creme. Both were wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New find in ABQJoBlueDined on 7/11/2014We have actually been here 4 times now. The salads here are most unusual and a nice twist on salad. You can also add meat or fish to any of them. They also serve great bread in cute little baskets with oil....there is a pleasant outdoor covered area which is much quieter than the inside part of the restaurant. They make a fresh carrot cake that was featured on Albuquerque, the magazine that is outstanding !...share it !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovelycjess91Dined on 7/10/2014Delicious giant salads, the best combinations, and a well cooked steak. There is a salad for everyone. Our server Sierra was excellent, very attentive and kind. Thank you for a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love saladsLovesaladsDined on 6/29/2014Enjoyed Vinaigrette's very much. This was my second time and I really want to go there more often. I need to eat low fat, lean protein, meals with lots of veggies and so many restaurants have the same old boring stuff, and I always think "I could make this salad a lot cheaper at home!". Vinaigrette's has so many wonderful salad options, I went with my husband and sister and each one of us got a different salad and they were all delicious. Plus I can always add on grilled shrimp or lemon chicken. I also enjoy the contemporary garden like decor and I just discovered that they had a patio outside with a garden. Next time we might go later in the evening so we can sit outside.Special Features:
- Tasty but a little loud insideshargarDined on 6/27/2014My parents are hard of hearing, so when we were seated inside I was slightly dreading it. Other than the bad acoustics inside (I haven't eaten outside but I imagine the sound is much better) the food was great and the service was on par. There is a wide variety of foods on their menu and some are vegan friendly or could be made vegan friendly (that alone was amazing). Our group had a four-year-old (who was rather well behaved) however, there was no child's menu for him. Luckily, he was just fine with some bread (available by request only) and their mac and cheese. I am definitely coming back here in the future but maybe I'll sit outside next time.Special Features:
- The following 204 reviews are from the Vinaigrette - Albuquerque reviews archive.
- Great for GuestsshotsieDined on 6/21/2014My friends wanted a lighter, more wholesome dinner with a great atmosphere - and Vinaigrette fit the bill! My friends started off with the mushroom soup, which I suggested, and they wished they had just ordered that. We then all had specialty salads - roasted beets, duck confit and another salad - again, they were flavorful and filling! And the waiter put up with my friend who sampled three different reds, trying to find the least "oak-flavored" - well, there was a winner but maybe she should stick to white wine... Very pleasant atmosphere, and they locally source their food, so, all in all, a pretty fine feast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBobRDined on 6/21/2014My wife and I had salads, both were excellent. My wife said the carrot cake we had for dessert was the best ever. The long booth in the middle of the restaurant divides the room nicely. As the restaurant filled up the noise did get somewhat uncomfortable, also the seating along the booth was a little close. It was hard to carry on a conversation while the table next to us was listening. Overall an excellent restaurant which we will dine at again.
- Great Food and ExperienceRussellABQDined on 6/16/2014Vinaigrette is a wonderful addition to Albuquerque and a great place to enjoy a tasty meal. The ambiance is fantastic, particularly on the patio, and my experience was leisurely and un-rushed. The food was superb from the goat cheese gratin appetizer to the key lime cheesecake. I added scallops to my entree salad which were cooked perfectly. I would highly recommend this restaurant for either lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Great Great Great MealCCABQDined on 6/13/2014Went to dinner before a performance at the Albuquerque Little Theatre, my food was outstanding and the service and ambience were equally as good. Fresh and tasty salad and the best Cuban ever!! I Will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014I took my wife here for our 16th wedding anniversary. She loves salad, I do not. I was pleasantly surprised with the menu choices and found a dish that looked good. It was excellent, and with enough to leave satiated. The building layout is open and industrial, so noise is a problem when there is a crowd. However, the outdoor patio was nice. Our waiter was very knowledgable and his suggestions were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lesandbarbDined on 6/11/2014the food is great, could use a few more nightly specials otherwise regular menu may get boring (with time).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014The dining experience was very enjoyable. The tuna steak was delicious. The roasted veggies were too spicy ( I usually like spicy) Very noisy on a Fri. night even at 5:30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CHLFoodieDined on 6/1/2014I had the roasted artichokes on a salad with spinach, pistachios, and goat cheese - it was delicious. My hubby and I shared a cup of roasted tomato soup - also delicious. My husband got his favorite there - the corned beef sandwich with a Cobb salad side - everything was fresh, well prepared and it was a great dinner.Special Features:
- Great dinner!SuzyQDined on 5/31/2014We went for dinner on Saturday night. We got reservations from Open Table, and they seated us right away. Food was well-made and we enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatlovethekaleDined on 5/30/2014Only "beef" was that we were 10-15 minutes late, and our table had already been given away. I understood that the restaurant was busy, but it's usually my experience that you get a 15" window on a reservation. We were definitely between 10-15 late (no more) and then had to wait for another outdoor table. This won't keep me from returning, because I LOVE the food, but would have appreciated at least a call before the table was given to others. Too much to ask?Special Features:
- Great salads!psanbsDined on 5/30/2014This is a great place for a lighter lunch or dinner. The salads are substantial so you don't walk away hungry. The Asian Salad is one of my favorites! The only problem is if they are busy, you may have to sit on backless benches at your table. This gets very uncomfortable and makes it tough to enjoy a relaxed lenghty meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NIce and healthy...CharlottesvillianVIPDined on 5/26/2014The food is fine and healthy, salads are great and soups are amazing. Service is slow. Neighborhood is not appealing in teh evening - make sure you have transportation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent menu, delicious foodmskatiemaeDined on 5/26/2014We ate salad, sandwich, and beverages. I liked the hibiscus tea mixed with grapefruit soda. It would definitely merit a return trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic high quality foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Love this restaurant! This is the second time I've been in a week. Salads are diverse and interesting, with delicious house made dressings. Service was fine. Prices are a bit high, but the quality at attention to the food makes it well worth it. Very noisy though inside when busy, as it is one very large room with high ceilings, and an industrial feel.Special Features:
- BusyDaveVIPDined on 5/23/2014Although we had reservations, the table wasn't available when it was time. The staff responsed well and created a spot within a few minutes of the reservation time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at VinaigretteWbjrDined on 5/23/2014Reservations accepted! Clean, contemporary decor. Excellent food with innovative menu. Fresh, tasty ingredients. Friendly and prompt service. The noise level is high and dessert choices are limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place for salads in ABQthought4foodDined on 5/18/2014Excellent salads freshly prepared, with or without your choice of protein are the forte of this restaurant. The menu has a large number of salads from which to chose, with many interesting and tasty ingredients (it is definitely NOT just lettuce and tomatoes with carrot shavings). And, they don't commit the number-one salad sin of overdressing. I haven't had anything that wasn't excellent here. Even the deserts are top-notch. So if you are in the mood for a fabulous salad, head on in!Special Features:
- Vinaigrette never disappoints!jmasDined on 5/16/2014The choices at Vinagrette makes this a great place to eat. You choose your salad and then get to choose a paired protein. So this time I got the frisée salad with the duck confit and it was so yummy! Had a glass of a Malbec rose which was a good drinkable wine. The carrot cake for dessert was really good as well. You can't go wrong at this restaurant. Really.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New Spotgriego3Dined on 5/9/2014What a great new place! I've been there twice now & both times have had wonderful experiences! The salads are unique, well-thought out & so good! My daughter, who is 9, loves the sandwiches & Mac & Cheese! I highly recommend this gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food & AtmosphereLaurenMichelleDined on 5/3/2014My husband and I spent a long, hot day working on our house and wanted some place to go for dinner that was relaxing, refreshing, and delicious. Vinaigrette met all of these requirements to a T! We loved the modern and slightly quirky ambiance. If you go at the right time you can see the sunset over the Sandia Mountains from the window. My salad was absolutely amazing, with lots of flavor and the perfect amount of dressing. My husband ordered a sandwich and really enjoyed it! I've been trying to get my husband to go to the Vinaigrette for a long time now and he has refused simply because it was a salad restaurant. Once at the restaurant he didn't know why he was avoiding it! He loved the restaurant and said he definitely wants to go back.Special Features:
- Fabulous saladsFlitedocnmVIPDined on 4/30/2014Generous portions, lots of different salads to choose from. I always order the mushroom soup (REAL mushroom soup, filled with mushrooms), and trout to go along with my salad. Good service, limited but nice choices of wine and beers. Service is friendly and prompt. Prices are very reasonable. Vinaigrette has become a frequent choice for an easy, tasty and nutritious dinner. (The only reason I didn't check "Great for Brunch / Lunch" is that I've only been there for dinner.) Highly recommended.Special Features: