Vin Vie Bistro
2285 Peachtree Rd. N.E.
Atlanta, GA 30309Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Vin Vie Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vinviebistro.com/
- Phone: 404-317-7020x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 5:30pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Steakhouse, French
- Executive Chef: Derek Wood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: A room like no other, wine room, screen & projector built in. Seats 16
- Private Party Contact: Laurend Abraham 4043177020x
A word from Vin Vie Bistro
Vin Vie Bistro, offers classic French menu.Continued
Over 25 wines by the glass and great bottle selections.
Patio with full service and a private dining the accommodates up to 18 people.
Over 25 wines by the glass and great bottle selections.
Patio with full service and a private dining the accommodates up to 18 people.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Vin Vie Bistro - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Vin Vie Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (62)romantic (55)special occasion (52)neighborhood gem (50)notable wine list (45)good for groups (21)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- You Need to go hereBhamFoodieDined on 9/13/2014Just a wonderful night of great service, wonderful food and nice atmosphere. And better yet, the prices are pretty reasonable for the quality of food you get. It is a French inspired steak house and all the meat is grass fed. The endive salad is a must and the little rolls with home made creamy butter are a must to try and this is coming from one who does all to avoid bread. Also, the french mojito is a great way to start the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VMVAtlantaVIPDined on 9/12/2014Vin Vie Bistro is new to the neighborhood, and so we wanted to take advantage of a new dining experience. They did not disappoint. The Host, Jessie, made an impressive first impression. He was friendly, personable, and helpful. My husband enjoyed the Salmon with Asparagus. It was deliciously prepared and attractively plated. He criticizes most flourless chocolate cakes, and yet found Vin Vie Bistro's "Decadence Cake" delicious. One touch that appeared to make a difference was the chocolate shavings topping the cake. The Server was friendly, helpful and attentive without being intrusive. The dining and the evening were enjoyable! Great first impression.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Date NightALeeDined on 9/12/2014I would say the service was number one. Rodrick was our server and did an amazing job. They have only been open four months and are off to a solid start. They remembered I made a note about it being my husbands birthday and brought out a desert for him. Food was very good but a little pricey. Recommended for special occasions. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dining experience!NainDined on 9/5/2014Awesome service, great food - will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JJsbirthdaygroupDined on 9/2/2014Overall a great dining experience. We were celebrating a friend's birthday and the food, service and attention to detail was impressive...we will certainly add Vin Vie Bistro on our "return for more" list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationVermaasDined on 8/29/20144 of were there to celebrate our French friends Bday. The server, Rodrick was fabulous as was everything else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit a bustJamesVIPDined on 8/29/2014We were so excited to go back to what we thought was finally a find for French cuisine in Atlanta. Unfortunately while Broderick again provided great service and the Martini was outstanding the food was bland (salmon on mashed potatoes) or overly salted in the case of the expensive lamb chops. The endive salad was overloaded with blue cheese and lacking in endive. We would like to come back but now we are wary!
- Good experiencemgatlantaVIPDined on 8/23/2014We enjoyed Vin Vie. The chef offers some very tasty intermezzo treats, and our entrees (chicken, salmon) were cooked just as we like them. Biscuits were outstanding. As a bonus, you will find the check to be very reasonable.
- Great Au Poivre and Duck ConfitDocDinnerVIPDined on 8/22/2014Well wrought French bistro with a pitch perfect crispy duck confit appetizer and a splendid steak au poivre. Maitre'd Jesse brings his trademark aplomb and waiter Roderick is a cheerful guide. Desserts need work. All that is needed to be five star is a real grand mariner soufflé prepared while apps and entrees are served. I mean a good one that matches everything else. We will be back for sure for confit and au poivre done right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STAY AWAY DO NOT GO HEREperfectDined on 8/22/2014I just want to keep it undiscovered so I will always have a table. Watch out Hals and Bones the French are coming. I had the most perfect rib eye steak at a much lower price than the 2 other guys listed above. Our server Cher beats out 95% of the servers in atlanta she was watch full to our needs and a non stop smile she gets it. We brought in our own wine and the owner asked if we would like it decanted as we had a drink at the bar. Bravo, spot on, to our anticipated need being delivered without asking they get it to. So I have to give them a 99% not all was perfect now enters the story about four limp and very pale green gray asparagus that could not be consumed. no one noticed they where untouched put I got to pay for them anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/22/2014A nice place for the neighborhood but nothing special. By the glass wines is large and reasonable per earlier comments. Food mediocre at best
- French Find in BuckheadOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014Vin Vie has a traditional French menu in the heart of Buckhead. The decor is attractive and the food is excellent. It is a great place to go when you have a craving for some French favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an extraordinary experiencekbatlDined on 8/22/2014I've eaten at Vin Vie many times, and it always lives up to my expectations. Attention to detail, outstanding service (ask for Brian) and exquisite cuisine make it a delightful dining experience. This time it was my mother's birthday, and they went the extra mile by bringing a glass of champagne and putting together a dessert plate with her name spelled out in chocolate. Nice touch!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014I had the trout and it was delicious. My friend enjoyed the scallops. We had a reasonable bottle of Pinot Grigio and the flourless chocolate cake for dessert....a very tasty meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent find!love2eatVIPDined on 8/16/2014We were delighted to find Vin Vie. It is well located on Peachtree St. just north of Piedmont Hospital. Handsomely decorated in a European style, inviting, tables not too close together. The menu is a combination of traditional French bistro foods and steaks and chops for the more American tastes The food was excellent with rave reviews for the seared fois gras, the frogs legs and the mussels. Also an excellent filet mignon.The endive salad was outstanding. The bread (biscuit style) was wonderful, along with delicious desserts, all made in house. The wine list was extensive with good choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and mediocre executionLuckyDined on 8/16/2014We ate here for the first time last Saturday. On the basis of first impression, the decor is gaudy and uninviting. The servers and service were good. The food, however left much to be desired. One diner ordered the lamb chops, priced at $34. She got six tasty chops with a little dipping, spreading sauce. That's all. I would expect some sort of side vegetable included in this price. Any sides are ala carte. Another friend had the boef bourgignon. It, too, was tasty, but not an authentic preparation. Mussels were overcooked with a paucity of sauce and served with two charred slices of french bread. The one good item was the endive salad. The mix of greens and dressing were very good.
- One of our new favoritesAtldeuceVIPDined on 8/15/2014Excellent new French focused restaurant. The food was delicious. I had a filet topped with seared foie gras and it was memorable. The service was excellent. Our waitress, Cher, even hand stuffed some blue cheese olives for my martini when she found that the bar did not stock them. Easy valet parking at the door. The only nit I have is the interior is very dimly lit and the first 2 top table they offered us was a horrible, small round table even though the restaurant was not full. When I refused it they did remedy it with a very comfortable booth in the back. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New spot worth a tryfinikyVIPDined on 8/15/2014This restaurant has only been open 3 months, our entire meal was very nicely prepared. Service was great, prices very reasonable. Solid French food preparation. Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousBonefishVIPDined on 8/15/2014At last fine dining where you can carry on a conversation. This is a hidden gem. Tell everyone. Great food, atmosphere, service at a reasonable price. We've been twice and loved it. We'll be back again.Special Features:
- Great, AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014Went with a group of 6 on a Friday night. Great time, excellent food. Very crowded and a little noisy but service was prompt, wines suggested were very good and very affordable. I love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing New Spot!!!DEnerDined on 8/1/2014Within the past month I have been here 3 times. Basically every Saturday. The food is out of this world...especially their biscuits!! I kept on ordering additional plates of these babies. Each time I tried a different entree on their menu and I was never dissapointed. In terms of service, I love Brian (Sunshine) he makes you feel super important and special. If you leave it up to him, he knows how to take care of you. He is one of the best servers I had the pleasure to dine with and I highly recommend sitting in his section. The owner, Laurend Abraham, is a superb entrepreneur and an excellent businessman. Every place he touches, he turns them into the most elegant and attractive spot in Atlanta. Highly recommend this place! 10 stars!Special Features:
- Great Time!AtlantaNativeVIPDined on 8/1/2014The food was excellent as was the service. There was a large rehearsal dinner dining at the time we were there but it did not impact the service at all. The staff was outstanding and we can't wait to go again soon! Loved the cheese plate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice addition to the neighborhoodLAfoodieDined on 7/31/2014Went to Vin Vie for the first time on Thursday night. Had a drink at the well stocked bar before heading to our table. Not very crowded, but they've only been open 2 months and it was pouring rain -- BTW: great valet parking -- right at the front door! Their mussels were excellent! I had the rib eye and the steak was great. Nice cut of meat and cooked just how I ordered. Get the whipped potatoes -- amazing! Our waiter topped off the evening with truffle balls for desert which I had with a glass of port on the covered front patio. All in all -- I'd go again and recommend to friends.Special Features:
- solid choiceDisappointedDined on 7/26/2014The food was very good, especially the appetizers and entrees. Dessert was a little disappointing. Service was exceptional! It was the first time at the restaurant, and would go back.
- ExperiencedGuyBVIPDined on 7/26/2014They have potential, but need time and attention to detail to be good enough for me to go back.
- Buckhead DelightsBuckheadDelights1Dined on 7/19/2014Just enjoyed a fantastic dinner with friends at Vin Vie Bistro. Positive reviews lead us to try it out and we were not disappointed. Atmosphere is sensual and food was everything we had hoped for from the appetizers to those incredible pastry deserts. Well worth a return visit and recommendation to friends.Special Features:
- A great findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014What a great night! Everything was perfect!! The food was excellent! Service was great, our waiter Bryan was a blast! We will definitely be back sooner rather than later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive menuMargoDined on 7/18/2014The quality of the food and the inventiveness of the dishes is excellent at Vin Vie. My guests have enjoyed their meals there. The service is very attentive. The subtle jazz background music adds charm to the dining experience.Special Features:
- WonderfulBarbaraDined on 7/17/2014We took our friends Mother to celebrate her birthday--wonderful meal and sevice was impeccable. The 2nd time we have eaten here and love the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/15/2014We started with a cocktail at the bar to make sure we experienced the whole restaurant. When we finished we told the host that we were ready to be seated. I had asked for a table for people watching and that's exactly what we received. I looked over the wine list, mostly French, after a conversation with the sommelier we decided to start with a glass of white with our first courses and ordered a bottle with entrees. The food was great, the service was friendly and attentive without being intrusive. Overall a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AndyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014The food, Ambience ,atmosphere ,dessert, was exceptionally great, we recommend this place to friends and family, we will definitely go back for another great experience,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience.EatmoDined on 7/14/2014The food, drinks, service, and ambience were all excellent! I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, didn't love the decorJennDined on 7/12/2014I hope people give this restaurant a chance. The food is really good, but the decor is really bad. You know all the Paris decor you see at TJ Maxx, Home Goods, etc...that is what they've used to furnish their restaurant. All the same cliche art work, Paris pillows, etc...it was all a little tacky especially for the price point of the restaurant. The food though, was excellent. Everything was cooked perfectly, hot, and full of flavor. If they can match the ambience to the food, they'll have a real winner on their hands!Special Features:
- Great Night Out...PleasedDined on 7/12/2014The experience must be expressed in superlatives. It was a dining experience which encourages visiting with your dinner partner(s). The entire staff seemed involved in the service and ambiance. The food was most tasty, with varying taste experiences. Recommend everyone try it once, you'll return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding culinary experiencekbatlDined on 7/11/2014Vin Vie provides an outstanding French culinary experience. We tried many items on the menu...the escargot (my personal favorite), the mussels, the frog legs, the steak tartare, the duck confit, and the sinful flourless chocolate cake. All were incredibly delicious and prepared to perfection. The wine list is also divine. Owner and sommelier Laurend and server Brian provided outstanding service, knowledge and expertise.Special Features:
- Nice and FrenchDavidVIPDined on 7/5/2014This is a very nice restaurant presenting excellent French cuisine.Special Features:
- RichardVIPDined on 7/4/2014I was very pleased with this great addition to the Atlanta fine dining scene. The service was excellent - the chef made special accommodations for our dietary restrictions. We look forward to our next experience at Vin Vie. Cudos to the Exec ChefSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & Service but...yannickVIPDined on 7/3/2014we enjoyed the food and kindness of everyone but the service was too long. It took us 45 mn between the time we ordered and the time we received our entrée. also a kid menu will be great even if portions allow for sharing
- place to visit in Atlanta Vin VieColonelAngesDined on 7/3/2014Vin Vie Bistro is a great restaurant. We had dinner and it was excellent. I highly recommend it. Vin Vie has a very good wine selection at reasonable prices. The appetizers were delicious "make sure you try the home made bread." The main course was served hot and full of flavor. The staff was very friendly, accommodating and involved. We had a chance to talk to the chef. He was recently featured on TV in Atlanta. I will definitely go back to Vin Vie again on my next visit to Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still getting the kinks worked outktfoodDined on 7/3/2014ordered a vodka tonic- tonic machine was fiat. ordered a Gibson- they didn't have cocktail onions. ordered a glass of champagne- it was sour & flat from being opened too long. we both ordered rib eyes which were very tender & good if a little heavy on the char. escargot were just ok- creamed spinach was too salty & not traditional in spite of asking how it was prepared. frites were good. foie gras was excellent. cream brûlée was lovely. flourless chocolate cake was dense & fudge like which was not what was described or wanted. wine list ok- not big but broad selection. not sure the bartender us the best. would try it again after open awhile longer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.