Vin Santo- Wisconsin
7462 Hubbard Avenue
Middleton, WI 53562Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Vin Santo- Wisconsin
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vinsanto.us/Vin_Santo/Welcome.html
- Phone: (608) 836-1880
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Vin Santo- Wisconsin
Named after "the wine of the Saints", Vin Santo features authentic dishes from the Italian country side.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Vin Santo- Wisconsin - Best Restaurants in Middleton ›
Vin Santo- Wisconsin reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (47)fit for foodies (40)special occasion (29)romantic (18)notable wine list (10)good for groups (7)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Wex2Dined on 11/22/2014Vin Santo never fails to satisfy. Excellent quality and generous portions. I recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food, great service, will come back againLouAnnDined on 11/22/2014Enjoyed our first visit to this little gem a month ago. Saturday we brought two couples with us that like to dine on made to order food. The staff was very accommodating and the desserts were over the top yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ToughPlateDined on 11/8/2014A great place for a traditional Italian meal, and a solid wine list that's not expensiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Speedy Service, Great Ambiancefancyfoodaddict1Dined on 11/1/2014Amazing food, friendly faces, and cozy atmosphere. Our server was spot on with specials never bothered us to much knew when we needed her. Overall we will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Night at Vin SantoEatoutoften22Dined on 10/24/2014We enjoyed another great evening at Vin Santo. Everything was well done--the food was excellent. The Ceasar Salad and the Bread Pudding were shared and much enjoyed by the four of us. We find this place delightful; it is "alive".Special Features:
- Viva Vin Santo's!delft2girlDined on 10/10/2014This small Italian restaurant tucked away in downtown Middleton, WI, was a find! All 4 of us had something different, from mussels with fresh garlic to Scampi Diavilo to more traditional pasta in red sauces. We were not disappointed! The waitress recommended wines for us, and our celebration night was perfect for the Prosecco she brought. We will definitely return to Vin Santo's!Special Features:
- Making reservationSumeDined on 10/6/2014Loved the convenience of making reservation through opentable.Special Features:
- Always good food and service.JoyceDined on 10/3/2014We always enjoy having dinner here, and love the food.Special Features:
- Great foodJBHstatsDined on 9/27/2014We love Vin Santo. The food is wonderful and the service is warm and friendly. We took my family out to celebrate my parent's anniversary and everyone was impressed with the food (and that includes my brother from New York who knows a thing about Italian food). Highlights were the eggplant parmesan and the lobster stuffed ravioli, and of course, the tiramisu. We sat in a corner and didn't notice any of the other diners. It was a perfect celebration for the six of us.Special Features:
- Yummy, creative, and gluten-free!XtremegardenerDined on 9/26/2014We went at 5 pm on a Friday night so we could catch a 7 pm movie. We lingered over wine & cocktails & appetizers, thoroughly enjoyed our entrees, and split a delicious dessert--all with enough time to spare that we drove our leftovers home before going to the movie. Not all dishes are gluten-free, of course, but many truly wonderful ones were; I can't recommend the chicken in marsala sauce highly enough, and the GF chocolate cheesecake split three ways satisfied the other two non-celiac diners as well as me. A wonderful place to go for delicious Italian food (I'm Italian and very picky), and a great find for us celiacs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatMadDinerDined on 9/25/2014Vin Santo is consistently wonderful. Delicious pastas. I like the fish dishes as well. Delightfully pleasant and unpretentious service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out!wsdinerDined on 9/20/2014It has been a number of years since we last dined at Vin Santo. We shouldn't have been away so long. Every dish we had was excellent. There are many vegetarian options which is appreciated. Service was quick, responsive to questions, and friendly. Overall, very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as usual.GBfarnyDined on 9/19/2014Food, service, price and portions were spot on. I love dining here when I am in town.
- Culinary Gem in MadisonFoodieJohnDined on 9/17/2014Went to Vin Santo during a recent trip to Madison and was pleasantly surprised to find this gem of an Italian restaurant. This is NOT your typical red-sauce italian! We started with a Cesar Salad and Calamari in a spicy roasted tomato sauce. The Calamari was tender and the sauce rich and luxurious. Apps and Salads are sized to share. My meal was chicken Marsala - and was not your typical. The sauce was chunky with mushrooms and bacon pieces and a little sauce giving it sensational flavors. For dessert we shared a Tiramisu and it was the best I'd even had - and was big enough for a family! Ambiance was spare but comfortable, service was friendly and very attentive. If decor was fluffed a little I'd give5 starts! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- LmavenDined on 9/15/2014Wonderful service and chef accommodated for my food allergies and food sensitivities with a delicious meal! Delicious coffee too!Special Features:
- Never disappointedBagginsDined on 9/15/2014Both food and service are excellent. Small, quiet Euro ambiance. Ample portions, specials always a delight, bread pudding to die for. I love this place.Special Features:
- CodyDined on 9/5/2014My only complaint was the pasta with pecorino cheese that was described as having whole cloves of garlic in the sauce (which I like and which is the reason I ordered the dish). There were no whole cloves of garlic as described in the menu. The chef's wife (and hostess) said he changed the recipe because some people complained about the garlic. I told her that was the reason I ordered the dish and was disappointed it was not as advertised. To her credit, she did comp this meal, but I would question the waiter when ordering something similar in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frequent customerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014The experience was absolutely great. The food was terrific and high quality. The atmosphere and service was pleasant and friendly. Will come again!Special Features:
- shamusDined on 8/23/2014food was good and service was excellent.atmosphere was like a Italy type experience in downtown middleton.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014It's dark and quiet and great for dinner (NOT in your list above!)
- DeliciousMillDined on 8/18/2014We seem to celebrate our wedding anniversaries at Vin Santo. The most recent was our 57th. It's a great place for such a celebration — friendly wait staff, excellent food, not ostentatious. My salmon meal was the best salmon I have ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WeedDined on 8/18/2014The lasagna with hot Italian sausage is fabulous. Every time I travel to the Madison area I make a reservation at Vin Santo. I wish they bottled the sauce so I could take it home with me.Special Features:
- WonderfulNuts4CoffeeVIPDined on 8/13/2014I read the reviews as I had never been here before. Wonderful neighborhood gem! Staff was very attentive, helped make recommendations on entree selections and we were not disappointed. Met a friend here and we sat for a long time catching up and didn't feel rushed. Definitely would recommend and will go back!!Special Features:
- The following 324 reviews are from the Vin Santo- Wisconsin reviews archive.
- Vin Santo - Always Exceptionallooking4gr8tDined on 7/29/2014This restaurant never fails to please. The food is consistently excellent. You feel like you are in Italy, and where is dining betterSpecial Features:
- Vin Santos is a sure betZagerDined on 7/26/2014Wow. The food was excellent. The bread pudding was awesome.Special Features:
- Very Good - We'll Be BackWickedLilyDined on 7/5/2014Cozy, quiet atmosphere. Service prompt, courteous and watchful to ensure beverage glasses were re-filled. The pre-dinner bread was a little dry and quite chewy, perhaps just the nature of the type of bread. The mixed drinks and wine were good; the wine serving could've been a bit more generous. The entrees were the definitive highlight of the meal, perfectly seasoned and bursting with wonderful flavors. We didn't have dessert, so no feedback there. Consistent with our last visit, several years ago. Our friends attending with us raved about the entrees and said this is their new favorite Italian restaurant. It is still our favorite, too. We all plan to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/2/2014Love the scampi gabriella, ravioli vin Santo and calamari. Our family's favorite restaurant for special occasions. Generous portions, nice specials and attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Middleton RestaurantGrapsDined on 7/2/2014Food is wonderful and the service is outstanding. What a great restaurant.Special Features:
- Consistent excellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/28/2014We've been dining at Vin Santo for about 20 years. It is always excellent!Special Features:
- Always good food and service.JoyceDined on 6/27/2014We are familiar with the owners and always find everyone there to be hospitable, and the food is always delicious, and the wine as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall excellent foody experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2014We love the friendliness of the staff, the excellent service and the delicious food. If you have room for dessert, the tiramisu is incredible and definitely enough for 2+ people.Special Features:
- Repeat customersGregDined on 6/26/2014We have been to Vin Santos numerous times over the past year. The food is consistently wonderful, as is the service. We have never been the anything but pleased. Do come hungry, because the portions are large. The lasagna can easily feed two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soWinegirlVIPDined on 5/31/2014We booked here based on some online reviews, since it was closer to our hotel than Lombardinis and we craved Italian. The interior is a little like going to your Italian grandmother's kitchen. Not unpleasant but quite dated. We ordered a pasta special that neither of us liked at all. It was pasta dressed in balsamic vinegar and did not have a balanced mouthfeel. Tasted somewhat sharp and lacking in layers of flavor. Wine (Chianti I believe,) was rough too. Service was cordial enough. Place was very quiet in prime Saturday evening time slot: huge crowd across the street at another place. We were disappointed and wished we made the trek to Lombardini's instead. No comparison, unfortunately.
- Great FindDan73DXDined on 5/30/2014We visited Vin Santo about 8 years ago and, since then, have returned many times. Food is consistent, delicious and visually pleasing. Owners have been present every time I've visited. Nice place to take someone you are trying to impress. Menu contains wide selection of entrees and is vegetarian friendly. The bread pudding is "magnifico".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table on sidewalk for dinner-great!bboydDined on 5/28/2014Business dinner on great evening weather for meal outside!Special Features:
- Excellent food as usualIntowntrainingDined on 5/24/2014Our food was freshly prepared and excellent as usual. This place is a real treat to your palate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vin Santo - Wisconsinkateblu2001Dined on 5/24/2014My partner and I go to Vin-Santo regularly. Being Geezers, we generally arrive at 5:30 when it is very quiet. As the restaurant fills up, it does become quite loud, but it does so gradually. The food is reliably delicious; the portions enormous (we can easily share one each appetizer, salad and entree - if we each have an entree, we have leftovers for two meals!); the staff friendly, patient and appropriately attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciosoKathiePDined on 5/16/2014Vin Santos offers OUTSTANDING Italian food...the portions are outrageous; and while it may be a little on the pricy side (mid-range...most entrees were $15-20), entrees could easily be shared. LOVE IT!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is out of this world.CareyDined on 5/11/2014The food is fantastic, as is the service. The lasagna and ravioli are so delicious that ordering those dishes anywhere else is always disappointing. The tiramisu and bread pudding are also the best anywhere in the world. The atmosphere is intimate and homey - just the best place imaginable. I have to pinch myself that I can walk here in 5 minutes, and have been able to eat here for several years now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks for a wonderful experience!DelightedDined on 5/5/2014As rated above, this was a very pleasant experience. We enjoyed everything and it was not at all disappointing.Special Features: