Vin Santo- Wisconsin
7462 Hubbard Avenue
Middleton, WI 53562Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Vin Santo- Wisconsin
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vinsanto.us/Vin_Santo/Welcome.html
- Phone: 6088361880
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Vin Santo- Wisconsin
Named after "the wine of the Saints", Vin Santo features authentic dishes from the Italian country side.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Vin Santo- Wisconsin - Best Restaurants in Middleton ›
Vin Santo- Wisconsin reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)fit for foodies (30)special occasion (24)romantic (21)notable wine list (8)good for groups (6)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Wonderful service and chef accommodated for my food allergies and food sensitivities with a delicious meal! Delicious coffee too!Special Features:
- Never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/15/2014Both food and service are excellent. Small, quiet Euro ambiance. Ample portions, specials always a delight, bread pudding to die for. I love this place.Special Features:
- CodyDined on 9/5/2014My only complaint was the pasta with pecorino cheese that was described as having whole cloves of garlic in the sauce (which I like and which is the reason I ordered the dish). There were no whole cloves of garlic as described in the menu. The chef's wife (and hostess) said he changed the recipe because some people complained about the garlic. I told her that was the reason I ordered the dish and was disappointed it was not as advertised. To her credit, she did comp this meal, but I would question the waiter when ordering something similar in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frequent customerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014The experience was absolutely great. The food was terrific and high quality. The atmosphere and service was pleasant and friendly. Will come again!Special Features:
- shamusDined on 8/23/2014food was good and service was excellent.atmosphere was like a Italy type experience in downtown middleton.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014It's dark and quiet and great for dinner (NOT in your list above!)
- DeliciousMillDined on 8/18/2014We seem to celebrate our wedding anniversaries at Vin Santo. The most recent was our 57th. It's a great place for such a celebration — friendly wait staff, excellent food, not ostentatious. My salmon meal was the best salmon I have ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WeedDined on 8/18/2014The lasagna with hot Italian sausage is fabulous. Every time I travel to the Madison area I make a reservation at Vin Santo. I wish they bottled the sauce so I could take it home with me.Special Features:
- WonderfulNuts4CoffeeVIPDined on 8/13/2014I read the reviews as I had never been here before. Wonderful neighborhood gem! Staff was very attentive, helped make recommendations on entree selections and we were not disappointed. Met a friend here and we sat for a long time catching up and didn't feel rushed. Definitely would recommend and will go back!!Special Features:
- Vin Santo - Always Exceptionallooking4gr8tDined on 7/29/2014This restaurant never fails to please. The food is consistently excellent. You feel like you are in Italy, and where is dining betterSpecial Features:
- Vin Santos is a sure betZagerDined on 7/26/2014Wow. The food was excellent. The bread pudding was awesome.Special Features:
- Very Good - We'll Be BackWickedLilyDined on 7/5/2014Cozy, quiet atmosphere. Service prompt, courteous and watchful to ensure beverage glasses were re-filled. The pre-dinner bread was a little dry and quite chewy, perhaps just the nature of the type of bread. The mixed drinks and wine were good; the wine serving could've been a bit more generous. The entrees were the definitive highlight of the meal, perfectly seasoned and bursting with wonderful flavors. We didn't have dessert, so no feedback there. Consistent with our last visit, several years ago. Our friends attending with us raved about the entrees and said this is their new favorite Italian restaurant. It is still our favorite, too. We all plan to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/2/2014Love the scampi gabriella, ravioli vin Santo and calamari. Our family's favorite restaurant for special occasions. Generous portions, nice specials and attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Middleton RestaurantGrapsDined on 7/2/2014Food is wonderful and the service is outstanding. What a great restaurant.Special Features:
- Consistent excellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/28/2014We've been dining at Vin Santo for about 20 years. It is always excellent!Special Features:
- Always good food and service.JoyceDined on 6/27/2014We are familiar with the owners and always find everyone there to be hospitable, and the food is always delicious, and the wine as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall excellent foody experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2014We love the friendliness of the staff, the excellent service and the delicious food. If you have room for dessert, the tiramisu is incredible and definitely enough for 2+ people.Special Features:
- Repeat customersGregDined on 6/26/2014We have been to Vin Santos numerous times over the past year. The food is consistently wonderful, as is the service. We have never been the anything but pleased. Do come hungry, because the portions are large. The lasagna can easily feed two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soWinegirlVIPDined on 5/31/2014We booked here based on some online reviews, since it was closer to our hotel than Lombardinis and we craved Italian. The interior is a little like going to your Italian grandmother's kitchen. Not unpleasant but quite dated. We ordered a pasta special that neither of us liked at all. It was pasta dressed in balsamic vinegar and did not have a balanced mouthfeel. Tasted somewhat sharp and lacking in layers of flavor. Wine (Chianti I believe,) was rough too. Service was cordial enough. Place was very quiet in prime Saturday evening time slot: huge crowd across the street at another place. We were disappointed and wished we made the trek to Lombardini's instead. No comparison, unfortunately.
- Great FindDan73DXDined on 5/30/2014We visited Vin Santo about 8 years ago and, since then, have returned many times. Food is consistent, delicious and visually pleasing. Owners have been present every time I've visited. Nice place to take someone you are trying to impress. Menu contains wide selection of entrees and is vegetarian friendly. The bread pudding is "magnifico".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table on sidewalk for dinner-great!bboydDined on 5/28/2014Business dinner on great evening weather for meal outside!Special Features:
- Excellent food as usualIntowntrainingDined on 5/24/2014Our food was freshly prepared and excellent as usual. This place is a real treat to your palate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vin Santo - Wisconsinkateblu2001Dined on 5/24/2014My partner and I go to Vin-Santo regularly. Being Geezers, we generally arrive at 5:30 when it is very quiet. As the restaurant fills up, it does become quite loud, but it does so gradually. The food is reliably delicious; the portions enormous (we can easily share one each appetizer, salad and entree - if we each have an entree, we have leftovers for two meals!); the staff friendly, patient and appropriately attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 310 reviews are from the Vin Santo- Wisconsin reviews archive.
- DeliciosoKathiePDined on 5/16/2014Vin Santos offers OUTSTANDING Italian food...the portions are outrageous; and while it may be a little on the pricy side (mid-range...most entrees were $15-20), entrees could easily be shared. LOVE IT!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is out of this world.CareyDined on 5/11/2014The food is fantastic, as is the service. The lasagna and ravioli are so delicious that ordering those dishes anywhere else is always disappointing. The tiramisu and bread pudding are also the best anywhere in the world. The atmosphere is intimate and homey - just the best place imaginable. I have to pinch myself that I can walk here in 5 minutes, and have been able to eat here for several years now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks for a wonderful experience!DelightedDined on 5/5/2014As rated above, this was a very pleasant experience. We enjoyed everything and it was not at all disappointing.Special Features:
- Great service!EmilySDined on 5/2/2014Adam, our server, was outstanding! Very knowledgable and entertaining. The food was also amazing, as usual. Best bread pudding I've had :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true gemHomerOmnivoreVIPDined on 5/2/2014Vin Santo is one of our favorite restaurants. The food is consistently outstanding, and the owners are friendly and accommodating. The Scampi Gabriella is incredible!Special Features:
- Large Italian mealtheBruniDined on 4/19/2014I've gone twice now. Once with the lady and once with my parents. Every time the food was delicious, but most of us had a hard time finishing our meals. Though, the Pollo Tuscano and Salsiccia Rossa were both good re-heated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little disappointedsharon8Dined on 4/12/20144th time we were at vin Santo's and I have trouble understanding why people rave about the food. our meal was just ok. mussels were lackluster, not bad but just nothing special. mushroom soup actually not good. thin and milk-like rather than rich, buttery and creamy. what professional doesn't know how to make a good mushroom soup? the recommended shrimp dish was tasty but the shrimp were overdone. again what professional overdoes shrimp? the mushroom ravioli special was tasty. the mushroom ravioli were very good but it was as if it was just doused in balsamic vinegar. not very creative. needed a little something more than just vinegar as a sauce. just not understanding why this place gets such good reviews. service excellent
- Wonderful restaurantjads8627Dined on 4/4/2014Went here on recommendation of friend. Was more than pleased with the experience. There were four people in my party and we all ordered something different. All four entrees were great. One ordered the lasagna of the day and said it was well worth the wait. We ordered the calamari appetizer to start and to munch on while we waited for the lasagna (it takes half an hour) On the recommendation of the waitress we didn't order salads, the entrees are huge. The lobster ravioli was creamy goodness, the lasagna was heavenly and enough for two meals. Wish we would have saved room for dessert. Next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Italian restaurant.JoyceDined on 3/21/2014We think it is one of the best Italian restaurant in the area, well managed, and terrific food. One of our favoritesSpecial Features:
- great Calamariambrai101VIPDined on 3/21/2014great Calamari-not breaded and fried- but cooked and then served in spicy tomato sauceSpecial Features:
- Great food at a great value!DinerDellDined on 2/28/2014We always visit Vin Santo when we want great quality food, with great portions at a great price! For my money, the best Italian food in Madison and the best outside NYC. Quality is always top-shelf and the prices and portions are midwestern - not like Chicago or pretentious upscale eateries in Madison. It's a cozy venue, not modern, just a diamond in the rough for fabulous food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small but very comfortableDineout9Dined on 2/26/2014Small but very comfortable atmosphere with great food and wine. Vin Santo is one of our favorite spots to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightKrisDined on 2/15/2014Vin Santo is an excellent dining experience. You are served fabulous food that you can enjoy at your pace while having a wonderful conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dark and quiet and LOTS ofOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Dark and quiet and LOTS of excellent food; service was attentive but not intrusive -- ("How is the pepper tonight?", e.g.).Special Features:
- SolidKGKGVIPDined on 2/15/2014Clarissa and Greg know not to screw around with a good thing. I get the same thing every time I go and am never disappointed. The specials always sound great, but I end up going back to my old standby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service & huge portionsEridaniDined on 2/14/2014We went to Vin Santo for Valentine's dinner, and everything was great. We arrived a little early for our reservation and were seated immediately. Our server was fantastic! Very friendly and cheerful. He was obviously working a lot of tables but still checked in on us often. Food was delicious -- the lasagna of the day, with homemade sausage and ricotta in a spicy tomato sauce, was absolutely delicious. Portions were HUGE, so expect 1-2 meals in leftovers in addition to your meal at the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Room for improvementdaveDined on 2/14/2014The restaurant is small and homey. Menu is refreshingly different. Food did not match up with the experiences I've had at other good Italian eateries. Enjoyed the experience, but barely able to recommend given the other options available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.