Vin et Fleurs
69 Thompson St.
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Vin et Fleurs
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vinetfleurs.com/
- Phone: 2124313335
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch/Dinner: Monday - Friday: 8:30am - 11:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 10:30am - 11:30pm; Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:30am 11:30am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We don't have a separate function space but we do offer the option of booking the entire space for parties over 20 for either a sit-down dinner or a cocktail reception.
- Private Party Contact: Ellen Lane 6463456144
A word from Vin et Fleurs
We believe in simplicity. American favorites done with a French influence. French classics with an American twist. A New York City wine list without New York City prices. Minimalist design, never without fresh flowers. A feeling that's sophisticated but not fussy. A cool, neighborhood vibe with friendly faces. What could be simpler than Wine and Flowers?Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vin et Fleurs reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (7)romantic (6)neighborhood gem (5)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (3)fit for foodies (2)good for groups (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Yummy; most of itYUMMYfoodaddictDined on 7/12/2014So I love coming to this place... the pancake is amazing (they should really change the menu to say pancake and not pancakes.. because you only get one... but it's delicious and filling). The sliders are to die for... (although for 17 dollars you should get three not two... wasn't filling enough). The ceviche was eh.. not so good. I've had better.. it could use more lemon and not have that ginger on top of it which if you accidentally put in your mouth was aweful)... but i won't hold it against them.... All in all amazing!Special Features:
- crablovrDined on 7/8/2014Enjoyed it. Love the little baguettes, and the creative sandwiches. French with flair.Special Features:
- Cute spotMariVIPDined on 6/21/2014Really cute spot. The croque monsieur was terrible. So sad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast all day!nycjemDined on 6/13/2014They have a wonderful breakfast served all day. Yummy eggs benedict with delish potatoes. The pitcher of Bloody Mary's is great price, spicy and plentiful. Also pitchers of mimosa & sangria. Ambiance is nice/romantic, if a little tightly packed-- but less so with french doors pulled back to open into the charming street on a lovely day. Service was very pleasant, if a tad slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So pretty and yet...EpicureVIPDined on 6/4/2014this is one of the prettiest NYC restaurants I have been in yet the dining experience was oddly uneven. Waited over an hour and twenty minutes for our entree even though the restaurant was only 1/3 full. The entrees were "just fine," a word that has come to mean passable. The hot baquettes were delicious though the second round (one per person) were burned black on either end. Our waiter was cool, borderline brusque, despite our best efforts to be cordial. (Other staff members were warm and professional.) Won't go back despite its charmingly pretty looks. I really wanted to love this place. sigh.
- A Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/31/2014Just delicious lunch and you could actually hear the person you were sitting with. we sat at one of the tables facing the sidewalk. it was a beautiful day! The beet salad was divine if you like beets. My friend had the french toast which was delicious. I had the avocado and shrimp salad. The sauce was yummy and the avocado perfectly ripe. The restaurant is charming and reminds me of Europe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in Sohotoks77Dined on 5/27/2014I loved the location of the restaurant...the food and service were great and fast! They also have a great wine list. I expected a snobby atmosphere because it's a french restaurant but it was a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere! I plan to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 55 reviews are from the Vin et Fleurs reviews archive.
- Good place but bad service!AnnieVIPDined on 4/20/2014Had a reservation for late brunch Sunday - place was quite packed when we got there. Got seated straight away and forgotten about. had to reach out to get menus. Ordered a pitcher of mimosa which took about 15 min 'as it was too many bubbles', so guess they made it in the wrong order... any who, had the lobster benedict which was good, but the best was the pre-brunch mini baguettes. All and all ok experience but always had to reach out to waiters. Noone asked how the experience was or how the food tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little bistro...OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/17/2014great little place in Soho...food was very good and a nice cozy atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite nicewocaplelVIPDined on 4/4/2014We ate here for the first time, both the food and service were very good. Our table wasn't ready so we sat for a few minutes and they bought us a glass of wine. The cost is comparable to the other restaurants in the area. We will eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A terrific meal !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/1/2014Not a complaint to be noted - everything was wonderful ..food ,wine and service .. will surely dine there again ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little treasureSoozeDined on 3/29/2014This was our second time here, and we love the intimate, earthy atmosphere..lots of wood, and floral/foliage touches that are lovely. It's a small place, and can feel a touch crowded, but service is wonderful, as is the food! Don't miss the hot-from -the-oven bread, the brussels sprouts salad, the pate….really everything is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu and great spaceTravelerVIPDined on 3/15/2014Quaint can be overused but Vin et Fleurs is perfectly appointed with it's lighting (flattering to most) and varied menu. An easy choice for a small, great neighborhood find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJimLVIPDined on 3/9/2014The restaurant was jammed, but our table was held and we had a great meal. Slightly atypical French bistro fare, but all good. Most impressive was the service. Our Server really went the extra mile to make everybody fell comfortable. And that's not easy at a table with 10 and 77 year olds at it. It's getting harder to find this in New York, and that alone would lead me to recommend this place. but the food was also excellent. Not one complaint across the board and the Crepe Soufflé left us all drooling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just like ParisJerseyGirl227VIPDined on 3/4/2014A very authentic Parisian Bistro. Food was excellent and the service was wonderful. The owner is very friendly. Can't wait to go back in the Spring. It is very small, which was great on a week night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing serviceschnitzelloverVIPDined on 3/3/2014i planned a romantic date for me and my bf and they were very accommodating the ceviche was not as good as expected but the main entrees were amazing!!! (grilled tuna and croquete)Special Features:
- Great service, annoying doorfitnesscDined on 3/1/2014The food and service were great. The waiters were very attentive and friendly. The one irritating thing was that we were dining in early March, indoors of course, and the front door kept swinging open and staying open unless someone shut it firmly. The cold blasts of air throughout the meal were awful. There also didn't seem to be a sign up or any alert that said the management acknowledged the problem and were getting it fixed. Waiters would just eventually see the door and then run over to close it. Overall it was a good experience, I just wish it hadn't been affected by the door.Special Features:
- the place to go in SOMAwado13VIPDined on 2/18/2014almost don't want to recommend as it will make it impossible to get a reservation in the future as too many will flock there. But we owe it to the resturant and staff. Food is great, amibence is supurb and the staff is very, very accomdating. Definitely one not to miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall I thought it was aVinwineandflowersDined on 2/17/2014Overall I thought it was a great place. However, they were out of many of the foods which could have been because of snow storm and delveries. But what we did have was great. I'd still recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood placeLuccioSDined on 2/8/2014Nice little place, good vibes and atmosphere, perfect for a night out with friends. Food is good but not great (as you would expect). Good wine list and very attentive service (better than expected).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively atmosphere. Food wasGastonSingeVIPDined on 2/7/2014Lively atmosphere. Food was surprisingly good. Menu leaves off many details (e.g., clams with the order of mussels, fries with the burger, ...)
- Charming!greatguestDined on 1/19/2014Warm and charming! Great host Fazio. Delicious coffee. Fresh ingredients. Lovely atmosphere. True neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small, Romantic, & TastyJamesVIPDined on 1/18/2014There are only 7 tables or so in this quaint French bistro that offers dim lighting, well executed cuisine, and a great martini. Even though there is soft lighting, it can be noisy because of the small quarters and proximity to your neighbor... but if you've been to France, you know that is authentic. Dine here, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good find!SusanDined on 12/15/2013Was looking for bunch spot to meet some out of town visitors who were staying near Times Square. This was perfect for a "different" atmosphere from the tourist craziness. Food was good and a pitcher of Bloody Marys was great for three people. Waiter was fun without being overbearing. It's crowded because it's a tiny place and the noise level is pretty high...but overall a wonderful little place. Reservations a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lucky find!HappyCustomerVIPDined on 12/7/2013I chose this restaurant on a whim, and both my boyfriend and I were pleasantly surprised! The owner, Fadzio, is tres gentille, and he speaks French with his customers (si vous voulez..). Fadzio - merci pour une petite dejeuner memorable!Special Features:
- Nice place - very smallnathbeckVIPDined on 11/24/2013We had a very nice brunch here. The place is small so we felt quite cramped in. The staff was quite pleasant but perhaps a bit overwhelmed. Some parts of brunch arrived quite late. But would go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for catching up with friends!ILoveNYDined on 11/10/2013So quaint, comfortable and great bistro food! The staff and service were outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little Slice of ParisBevBVIPDined on 11/9/2013With its rustic exposed brick walls and charming flower arrangements, walking into Vin et Fleurs feels like walking out of Soho and into a charming bistro on the Ile St Louis in Paris. Perfect for a girl's lunch during an afternoon of shopping, but it also has a romantic feel that would make it fun for a date as well. Our server could not have been more charming or attentive. He recommended a great bottle of wine (and dissuaded us from another; his was the better choice!). The food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem!AJANDined on 11/9/2013Great overall, but I would hesitate if your dining partner is large. The chairs are quite small and may be uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJudyVIPDined on 11/8/2013On a nicer day, would have been better experience. Cold outside - each time door open chilled air poured into this small space -no effort to rectify (canopy at least?!). Our server was nice but in knowledgeable and kitchen messed up our one request. Bar did not stock Lillet- this is a French bistro!
- Very pleasant first visitnathbeckVIPDined on 11/1/2013We had a very nice meal at this eclectic sorta french place. The salmon tartare was excellent as were the ribs and the mousse was very nice; the bouillabaisse less so. Very pleasant service. Quite small. Definately will go back - could be our jean Claude replacement. Prices quite good (low).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply perfectCali75VIPDined on 10/11/2013Very cute, beautiful setting and intimate , alm the good is great, a true French experience that makes you feel you are traveling to Paris. The menu is great although I wish they had more choices for dinner entreesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceCrazyDiamondDined on 9/20/2013My husband and I celebrated our 4th Wedding Anniversary here. The menu is eclectic and the food was great. The place is very small but you are not rushed the wait staff is attentive and non-intrusive. Overall a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Quaint and charming!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2013I have had dinner twice at Vin et Fleurs and both times have been very enjoyable. I'm not a regular steak eater but each time I have ordered this, it has been fantastic. We also ordered the truffle mash, this is a must... Our most recent dinning experience was with friends from out of town and Vin et Fleurs was a great place to take them, it feels cozy and local. We were seated at the front of the restaurant, the doors were open so it felt like we were dinning outside. The noise level is perfect we were able to catch up with out hearing other conversations and there was no need to yell to be heard. The service is friendly. We ordered a wine which they did not have in stock so this was replaced with a more expensive bottle. Very happy.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great little French placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2013If you are in Soho and want to get away from the busy streets walk over to Thompson Street. The tree lined quite street makes it a great get away from shopping madness. This small restaurant can be very busy but you will never feel rushed. The wines compliment the food. The portions are larger than expected and the menu has somthing for everyone. I have pretty much eaten every item on the menu and never had a bad meal or somthing unexpected. The chef knows how to mix simple flavors cooked correctly. Your taste buds will be happy and your tummy full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We stopped in for brunch.PointCloatesVIPDined on 6/16/2013We stopped in for brunch. Thought it was much better than average. Good selection of dishes, well prepared. Very casual vibe and I think for dinner would need to fit that ambiance.
- outstandingtonyVIPDined on 6/9/2013food,service everything was perfect. server took his time on a busy sunday afternoon. We never felt rushed!Special Features:
- Slow service with flippantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/11/2013Slow service with flippant servers. Ordered a soy latte and it was not until I had to follow up for the overdue coffee was I told they don't serve soy lattes. Suggest staff not to take an order that can not be fulfill? Won't be returning.
- Great small place.... ParisOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/28/2013Great small place.... Paris in NYC. Food and service was great!Special Features:
- Lovely little place...DotsHurlVIPDined on 4/20/2013This is a lovely little gem of a place. Felt like Paris in Spring...food was outstanding. Highly recommend the tuna tartare appetizer and ribs with orange sauce as entree. Warm chocolate cake for dessert was to die for. Would definitely go back...Special Features: