Vin de Set
2017 Chouteau Ave
St. Louis, MO 63103Neighborhood:
Downtown St. Louis
ProvencalPrice: $30 and under
Vin de Set
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vindeset.com/
- Phone: 3142418989x
- Hours of Operation:
Kitchen: Tuesday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm, Friday: 11:00am-12:00am Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Happy Hour: Tuesday - Friday: 2:00pm-6:00 , Saturday late night appetizer specials from 10:00pm-close Sunday: Industry night
Bars stay open later
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, French
- Executive Chef: Ryan Buettner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For parties of 9 to 20 guests, we have a semi private wine loft overlooking our elegant bar area and a rooftop sky deck. Executive Chef, Ryan Buettner can create a menu according to your taste! This is the Chef's Tasting menu for $59.95 per person. We also feature a 3 or 4 course Prix Fixe menu for this area. Please call 314-241-8989 for more information regarding the Wine Loft for up to 20 guests, For information regarding larger parties, please contact Moulin Events and Meetings at 314-241-4949.
- Private Party Facilities: Rehearsal dinners, Corporate events, wedding receptions, and social events hosted. Groups as intimate as 10 or as grand as 750. All rooms, menus and service is customized for our guests. All spaces can be equipped with AV and sound systems upon request. Contact Ann Jones for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Ann Jones 3142414949x
A word from Vin de Set
An upscale, casual bistro with many dining areas; one with a beautiful fireplace & a lively year-round outdoor terrace featuring approachable, Southern French cuisine.Outdoor seating is not guaranteed at the time of your reservation. The name Vin de Set comes from the phonetic spelling of the French number 2017, the address on Chouteau Avenue. Situated on the roof of a national historic landmark just minutes from downtown St. Louis, Vin de Set offers an expansive open-air deck for dining and outdoor bar, indoor dining rooms and a breathtaking indoor bar. The design is inspired by 19th century architecture which features vaulted ceilings, exposed brick and towering arched windows with panoramic views of the arch, Union Station and downtown St. Louis. The marriage of the existing structure, modern finishes, seasonal classic cuisine of southern France which creates a distinctive atmosphere & culinary experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Vin de Set - Best Restaurants in Downtown St. Louis ›
Vin de Set reviews from OpenTable diners
245 reviews since June 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (199)scenic view (153)special occasion (134)romantic (133)fit for foodies (121)neighborhood gem (81)notable wine list (53)good for groups (52)great for brunch (41)hot spot (36)great for lunch (34)late-night find (27)vibrant bar scene (14)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- Evening with friendsMikeDined on 10/17/2014Vin de Set is known for a great view and amazing brunch. For lunch I recommend the Croque Monsieur sandwich and the crepes are amazing. They have an excellent wine list. For October they were selling an amazing red wine with proceeds going to breast cancer research. Well done!Special Features:
- Great food, great service!JakeDined on 10/10/2014We went here for our seventeenth wedding anniversary on the recommendation of a friend and found it to be a romantic setting without being too stuffy. The food was excellent, we are normally bar & grill type dinners this was a good departure from our normal fair. Our waiter Ryan helped us choose a great bottle of wine & answered all of our questions about the meals. Our waiter asked if we where there for a special occasion and surprised us with complementary champaign. I highly recommend Vin De Set for a romantic night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view but...JR747VIPDined on 10/7/2014Have dined here several times. Each time with a party of four and each time requested a table along the rail with the best view. Have never come close to getting a seat there even when it's not busy. It seems like there are only seats for two along the rail. Still, the food and service are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014Very good food and outstanding service. What more can be said. I'll say it again: Very good food and outstanding service.Special Features:
- overpriced for the qualityheadchefDined on 10/3/2014Service and ambiance were very good. For the price the food was average at best. The best option is the prefix menu. Although the menu items are more limited it is certainly a better value. If one isn't worried about price, this is a very good place for a special occasion dinner.Special Features:
- Isn't it romantic!dine2dayDined on 10/1/2014We celebrated our 48th wedding anniversary at Vin De Setand had a most enjoyable experience. It was the first time we have been to this restaurant and found it extraordinary. The service was excellent as everyone was so friendly and accommodating. The food was exceptional and very tasty. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealLarryDined on 10/1/2014My wife and I went down on a Wednesday night. Did the specials in the outdoor rooftop bar...$6 wine and half price appetizers. The trout and the scallops had unique accompaniments. The bar staff was very friendly. Our table was right along the fence looking east toward the Arch. My wife had the sea bass (cooked perfectly) and I had the special (walleye). Her's was better but mine was still very good. We would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salmon CrepesSalmonCrepes4EverDined on 9/30/2014The salmon crepes were literally the best thing I have ever eaten. I would not recommend the red pepper soup... but I'm sure it's simply a matter of preference. Our waitress did offer to replace the soup with salads, which was very nice of her. It was also a bit windy, but of course that's no one's fault. Just make sure you bring a jacket, just in case!Special Features:
- Paris in the LouLindaDined on 9/28/2014I love everything about this (my favorite) restaurant. It engages me on every level. I love being on the rooftop and just entering that space thrills me. It's like Paris in St. Louis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Perhaps the best outdoor dining in the StL region. Excellent food and service in a beautiful, distinctive setting. A consistently reliable winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- would not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014we were rushed to order and then waited 45 minutes for the food to arrive, dry and over cooked
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/23/2014Very unique nice variety of food choices , very nice outdoor diningSpecial Features:
- Dine with the Stars!ChuckDined on 9/21/2014As night falls over the St. Louis skyline, offer a toast from the 3rd floor rooftop dining room of Vin de Set where the service is friendly and impeccable, the food delicious, and the setting magical. This is a special place for anyone who loves al fresco dining...with a little altitude.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch BuffetImpressedVIPDined on 9/21/2014First time visit Sunday brunch buffet was awesome. House made sausage and biscuits and gravy were favorites and the eggs Benedict was to die for, still doubt know how they kept the eggs perfect in shafing dish. Service was great and mimosa included was a nice touch. Can't wait to return for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely B-day dinnerImakerezDined on 9/20/2014Beautiful evening for rooftop dining. Superb service & you MUST try the French 75 cocktail..wonderful! Our appetizers were great. We each ordered 1 of the 2 specials offered; Prime rib & the Hake. My husband thought it was the best Prime rib he'd ever had. My hake was perfectly cooked, but it came on a bed of gnocchi that were tasteless & like paste...it made the whole dish unappealing. I would definitely go back, but not order anything with gnocchi:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014The setting is great. Food quality could be better for price you're paying. Service was pretty good. Best for appetizers, small plates and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance, food was mehCirclegirlDined on 9/19/2014The potato croquettes were bland and both of our steaks were tough (he had the ribeye, I had the petite filets). Fries were soggy and cold. I was so excited for my first experience here, and left disappointed.Special Features:
- Always love this placeLittleJohn2Dined on 9/19/2014This is one of my favorite places in St. Louis. Great view - Very metro feel. Service is great and food is always very good, but I was disappointed in the fish I ordered. It was their special that night and the variety was something I had never heard of before so I thought I would try it. It turned out to be very soft - too mushy for me. My husband had the Chilean Sea Bass - excellent. The other thing I like about Vinde Set is that the menu is varied. There is usually something on it that I have not had before. It was our anniversary and staff was wonderful. They gave us a free dessert and a card signed by the wait staff. Very nice. It will continue to be one of my favorite places.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014Loved the restaurant. We had a great waiter that made the evening fun also. I would highly recommend to everyone! Loved it!Special Features:
- St Louis GemStevieTDined on 9/17/2014We always have a wonderful experience at Vin de Set. The ambiance, service, and food are always top notch. This is definitely our "go-to" restaurant for special occasions. When the weather is warm and the sky is clear you can't beat their roof-top dining.Special Features:
- Great foodMurrayDined on 9/7/2014A nice brunch with a wide variety yet not so overwhelming that it becomes unpleasant. Nice shaded patio. Love that a mimosa is included - that was a happy surprise.Special Features:
- great experienceyuppiedinerDined on 9/6/2014pro: seated on time, excellent service, and beautiful view (rooftop dining). con: drinks were overpriced. food was very solid but nothing memorable (I had one of the fish selections, on the recommendation that this was a top seafood spot).Special Features:
- Perfect EveningAnnCDined on 9/6/2014Loved the wine, sea bass, company, service and view. Thanks for making my bday so special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greattheWaiterDined on 9/5/2014Great as always ,forgot my credit card at the restaurant, they called me before i knew i left it.which is another reason to have a reservationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sept 6regulardinerDined on 9/5/2014Specials were outstanding. I had pork bellies appetizer and lamb chops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience.MikeDined on 8/31/2014Our waitor was Charles and he was an excellent help to my girlfriend because she had never been to a French restaurant or even knew what the menu said. He was also very personable and friendly. On top of that the food was excellent.! I will definitely be returning in the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesourpl8Dined on 8/31/2014We have been visiting Vin de Set for years and always enjoy our meal and atmosphere. Our Marine son was engaged here, our other son had his first date with his fiancé here!! It is our place for special occasions and for my husband and I to enjoy. The wait staff was excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, execution needs workDougFoodRantsDined on 8/30/2014We had a reservation but ended up in one of a few booths in the bar.Ambiance was bar like,not fine dining.Overall the food was good, but the chef’s spotty execution needs work.I think we came on “no salt night” because on my dishes I needed to add salt.The onion soup was very good with a dark broth,but it was really sweet and needed salt.The Potato & Gruyere Croquettes were cooked well,crunchy and smooth inside,but again they needed salt and the Gruyere was not detectable.I had some of my wife’s mixed green salad and it was very well made.For my entree,I ordered the Grilled Petite Filets with the Brandy peppercorn sauce.My dish was over cooked and needed to be remade,which they quickly did.Ran out of room,so the rest will be on urban spoon.Special Features:
- Never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Vin de Set is our go to neighborhood restaurant for special occasions. This visit did not disappointed. The food was amazing, the wine was plentiful, and the service was top notch. And don't forget dessert. Totally worth the caloric splurge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014Always a lovely dining experience. Menu is a bit limited, but everything is excellent.Special Features:
- Problem with entreeEdZachDined on 8/27/2014My order was the Grilled Petite Filets from the menu. Two filets were delivered and one was grilled perfectly. However the other was not cooked 'medium' as specified but was instead very rare and really chewy. Of course it was my fault for not sending it back but this type of restaurant should get it right the first time. It will be a while before I return.Special Features:
- A bit let downKah8756Dined on 8/24/2014I was really looking forward to their brunch after hearing all the amazing reviews. All of the food was cold and we arrived at 11am. This should not have happened.Special Features:
- loved the place and the service butbgroneDined on 8/23/2014the restaurant is beautiful inside and the outdoor seating would have been great except it was 100 degrees the day we went so sitting outside wasn't an option that night. they accomodated us by letting us sit inside and the server was very good even though he had tables outside and ours upstairs. That was a little odd but he did a good job none the less. Appetizers and salads were just great and my wife couldn't stop singing her praises for the Sea Bass. I on the other hand had a less than favorable ribeye steak. It was cooked just the way I like it, medium rare, but the meat itself was tough and flavorless. For a $30 steak I would have hoped for better. I thought that it might have just been my steak but my friend said the same thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TeddyDined on 8/23/2014Had a good experience. Food was not as adventuresome as it was the last time I was there. The manager was very efficient and keep our reservation when we called that we were delayed in traffic. Overall experience was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been a while but great againtwofoodiesDined on 8/23/2014We hadn't been at Vin de Set in quite a while but was so glad we came back. Just marvelous as we remembered. Brendan was our server and he was fabulous. The best Sea Bass in all of St. Louis and the Petite Fillets melted in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening Even on a Hot NightMOmannDined on 8/22/2014We dined at Vin de Set for my wife's birthday on a hot August Friday. We had an 8 o'clock reservation, but arrived 20 minutes early and were still promptly seated. The heat may have scared some off. We had the crab beignets, beef tartare, special garlic soup, split the Missouri trout and got the crembrulee (on the house) for dessert. The best dish was the beignets. Overall, good food, but even better setting. We'll be back sometime to try the Sunday brunch that our waiter raved about.Special Features:
- Great experienceemily123Dined on 8/22/2014We had a group of nine people. We opted to sit outside. Even though it was a warm evening with the sun down it was defightful. Each person could hear one another as we shared appetizers. The food was delicious with great wine. Several of us lingered for awhile enjoying the evening.Special Features:
- Worth the Drive!FromWaterlooDined on 8/22/2014We make the drive from Southern Illinois because we have found the food, service, and outdoor dining worth it! A favorite place to celebrate birthdays and special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerdavemoDined on 8/22/2014One of the wife's favorite places. Sat inside for the first time due to the heat. Always a pleasure.Special Features:
- Excellent, as usuallrslacDined on 8/17/2014As usual, the service was outstanding (Thanks, Adolphus), the rooftop beautiful, and the food was delicious. This is really a nice place to enjoy an evening. Our guests had never been there before, and my dad was completely bowled over by the experience.Special Features: