Vin de Set
2017 Chouteau Ave
St. Louis, MO 63103Neighborhood:
Downtown St. Louis
ProvencalPrice: $30 and under
Vin de Set
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vindeset.com/
- Phone: (314) 241-8989
- Hours of Operation:
Kitchen: Tuesday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm, Friday: 11:00am-12:00am Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Happy Hour: Tuesday - Friday: 2:00pm-6:00 , Saturday late night appetizer specials from 10:00pm-close Sunday: Industry night
Bars stay open later
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, French
- Executive Chef: Ryan Buettner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For parties of 9 to 20 guests, we have a semi private wine loft overlooking our elegant bar area and a rooftop sky deck. Executive Chef, Ryan Buettner can create a menu according to your taste! This is the Chef's Tasting menu for $59.95 per person. We also feature a 3 or 4 course Prix Fixe menu for this area. Please call 314-241-8989 for more information regarding the Wine Loft for up to 20 guests, For information regarding larger parties, please contact Moulin Events and Meetings at 314-241-4949.
- Private Party Facilities: Rehearsal dinners, Corporate events, wedding receptions, and social events hosted. Groups as intimate as 10 or as grand as 750. All rooms, menus and service is customized for our guests. All spaces can be equipped with AV and sound systems upon request. Contact Ann Jones for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Ann Jones 3142414949x
A word from Vin de Set
An upscale, casual bistro with many dining areas; one with a beautiful fireplace & a lively year-round outdoor terrace featuring approachable, Southern French cuisine.Outdoor seating is not guaranteed at the time of your reservation. The name Vin de Set comes from the phonetic spelling of the French number 2017, the address on Chouteau Avenue. Situated on the roof of a national historic landmark just minutes from downtown St. Louis, Vin de Set offers an expansive open-air deck for dining and outdoor bar, indoor dining rooms and a breathtaking indoor bar. The design is inspired by 19th century architecture which features vaulted ceilings, exposed brick and towering arched windows with panoramic views of the arch, Union Station and downtown St. Louis. The marriage of the existing structure, modern finishes, seasonal classic cuisine of southern France which creates a distinctive atmosphere & culinary experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Vin de Set - Best Restaurants in Downtown St. Louis ›
Vin de Set reviews from OpenTable diners
192 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (141)special occasion (105)scenic view (104)fit for foodies (103)romantic (101)neighborhood gem (75)notable wine list (49)good for groups (43)great for brunch (28)great for lunch (23)hot spot (21)late-night find (13)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Anniversary nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014We went there to celebrate our 39th wedding ann. Had never been. We were seated in the upstairs balcony. We could look right down on the bar. Loved that. However it was very dark up there, Hard to see menu. And going up and down stairs was dark too. I ordered the pork roulade. It was excellent. My husband got prime rib. It was a little tough and a lot of fat. I had the beet salad, it was very good. Our waiter Ryan brought us champagne to celebrate at the end and he took our picture, He was very helpful and pleasent. I would go back, but skip the prime rib.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for anniversary dinnerRachelBDined on 11/22/2014This was my boyfriend and I's second anniversary and I told him I wanted to come here for about 2 years! Mainly because my mother and father came here and just raved about it, so I knew I wanted to check it out. It was chilly out (It's late November) so we didn't get to check out the patio but we did luck out because outside of the window there were fireworks going off downtown for some event. So, that was pretty neat to see. Also, we got there early and it was very quiet (5:45pm) but once it hit around 6:30-7 the noise level picked up which was fine because we are pretty loud people ourselves but that first relatively quiet hour was rather enjoyable for a bit. The spicy crab beignets were divine and I wish there were four just so we didn't have to split the last one. I got the bacon wrapped duck which was just fantastic and my boyfriend got the prime rib special. Both were fantastic, but the duck took the cake. Unfortunately, we didn't have room for dessert, but I also didn't see that we were missing much because I only saw about two items on the dessert menu. Anyways, overall I would recommend this place to my friends for sure because it's not outrageously priced but it's still relatively expensive which makes this place fancy for a nice anniversary but it shouldn't break the bank!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is not a French restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014It desperately wants to be French with its wall art but the food proves the opposite. Even the name is ridiculously not French at all. I was looking forward to a good " steak bearnaise" but the sauce was anything but bearnaise.
- Great spot for a romantic night/special occasionRollBillsDined on 11/16/2014Affordable special occasion with your significant other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprisemomonomamaDined on 11/9/2014My husband (chef) & I were pleasantly surprised when we dined at Vin de Set on Sunday night. There are only a handful of restaurants open on Sundays, especially nice ones are hard to find. However Vin de Set was open with nice selection of menu, romantic atmosphere and good service. The server, Charlie, was friendly yet very polite. The anmbience was nice with high ceiling. We enjoyed it very much and will definetly will come back.Special Features:
- So soNot4meDined on 11/4/2014Much too noisy for a quiet dinner. It was our 53rd wedding anniversary and our dinner consisted of listening to a loud woman cackle during our whole meal. Only a few tables were occupied. Great venue. Servers were excellent!Special Features:
- excellent experience for alltpmash28Dined on 10/26/2014Our first wedding anniversary was made excellent by the restaurant's staff and food. We will totally suggest the restaurant to all of our friends and familys. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningccmoDined on 10/25/2014With the weather being so beautiful, my husband and I decided to go to Vin de Set to sit on their great deck for dinner. We had a great server, delicious appetizer (Spicy Crab Beignets) and great dinner. This restaurant is always consistent. We will return.Special Features:
- Tuesday Evening before the SheldonSheldondateDined on 10/21/2014Very slow evening, service was very good to excellent, appetizer (Scallops) were excellent, Main entree, average (rib eye steak was way too peppery) desert (cheese cake) excellent.Special Features:
- Vin de Set is a favorite of oursJerriDined on 10/19/2014Vin de Set continues to be one of our favorite restaurants! The food is always outstanding and so is the service. JerriSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing brunch as alwaysMirandaDined on 10/19/2014Vin de Set is our go-to spot when 1) recommending brunch to others, and 2) treating others out to brunch. We know the food will ALWAYS be excellent no matter what is on the buffet menu, and we know we can always count on outstanding service. Our visit this past Sunday had both the amazing food and excellent service. Thank you for making Sunday brunch here an experience we can always count on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Wonderful evening; food was excellent, staff was incredibly friendly and accomodating. One of our favorite restaurants!Special Features:
- One of my St. Louis favoritesKrisPDined on 10/18/2014It was an incredibly romantic night being the only ones sitting outside the entire evening. The heaters worked perfectly. There is something about dining outside on a rooftop that adds to the entire experience. The food was amazing. My date and I couldn't decide between the crab beignets and the scallops for an appetizer. So we went with the more interesting unchartered territory...the beignets. TO DIE FOR!! But to our surprise our waiter brought out a complimentary order of the scallops for us. It just further made the night that much more special (and they were yummy too - but I'd sti go with the beignets).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding eveningYummyFoodVIPDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I dined at Vin de Set this weekend and it deserves all the kudos it receives. The fish special of the evening, oyster fish, was prepared to perfection. Our server, Keith, was professional and attentive, but not intrusive. Wines were properly chilled, one of the hallmarks of fine dining. One of our favorite STL restaurants. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Evening with friendsMikeDined on 10/17/2014Vin de Set is known for a great view and amazing brunch. For lunch I recommend the Croque Monsieur sandwich and the crepes are amazing. They have an excellent wine list. For October they were selling an amazing red wine with proceeds going to breast cancer research. Well done!Special Features:
- Great food, great service!JakeDined on 10/10/2014We went here for our seventeenth wedding anniversary on the recommendation of a friend and found it to be a romantic setting without being too stuffy. The food was excellent, we are normally bar & grill type dinners this was a good departure from our normal fair. Our waiter Ryan helped us choose a great bottle of wine & answered all of our questions about the meals. Our waiter asked if we where there for a special occasion and surprised us with complementary champaign. I highly recommend Vin De Set for a romantic night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view but...JR747VIPDined on 10/7/2014Have dined here several times. Each time with a party of four and each time requested a table along the rail with the best view. Have never come close to getting a seat there even when it's not busy. It seems like there are only seats for two along the rail. Still, the food and service are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014Very good food and outstanding service. What more can be said. I'll say it again: Very good food and outstanding service.Special Features:
- overpriced for the qualityheadchefDined on 10/3/2014Service and ambiance were very good. For the price the food was average at best. The best option is the prefix menu. Although the menu items are more limited it is certainly a better value. If one isn't worried about price, this is a very good place for a special occasion dinner.Special Features:
- Isn't it romantic!dine2dayDined on 10/1/2014We celebrated our 48th wedding anniversary at Vin De Setand had a most enjoyable experience. It was the first time we have been to this restaurant and found it extraordinary. The service was excellent as everyone was so friendly and accommodating. The food was exceptional and very tasty. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealLarryDined on 10/1/2014My wife and I went down on a Wednesday night. Did the specials in the outdoor rooftop bar...$6 wine and half price appetizers. The trout and the scallops had unique accompaniments. The bar staff was very friendly. Our table was right along the fence looking east toward the Arch. My wife had the sea bass (cooked perfectly) and I had the special (walleye). Her's was better but mine was still very good. We would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salmon CrepesSalmonCrepes4EverDined on 9/30/2014The salmon crepes were literally the best thing I have ever eaten. I would not recommend the red pepper soup... but I'm sure it's simply a matter of preference. Our waitress did offer to replace the soup with salads, which was very nice of her. It was also a bit windy, but of course that's no one's fault. Just make sure you bring a jacket, just in case!Special Features:
- Paris in the LouLindaDined on 9/28/2014I love everything about this (my favorite) restaurant. It engages me on every level. I love being on the rooftop and just entering that space thrills me. It's like Paris in St. Louis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Perhaps the best outdoor dining in the StL region. Excellent food and service in a beautiful, distinctive setting. A consistently reliable winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- would not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014we were rushed to order and then waited 45 minutes for the food to arrive, dry and over cooked
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/23/2014Very unique nice variety of food choices , very nice outdoor diningSpecial Features:
- Dine with the Stars!ChuckDined on 9/21/2014As night falls over the St. Louis skyline, offer a toast from the 3rd floor rooftop dining room of Vin de Set where the service is friendly and impeccable, the food delicious, and the setting magical. This is a special place for anyone who loves al fresco dining...with a little altitude.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch BuffetImpressedVIPDined on 9/21/2014First time visit Sunday brunch buffet was awesome. House made sausage and biscuits and gravy were favorites and the eggs Benedict was to die for, still doubt know how they kept the eggs perfect in shafing dish. Service was great and mimosa included was a nice touch. Can't wait to return for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely B-day dinnerImakerezDined on 9/20/2014Beautiful evening for rooftop dining. Superb service & you MUST try the French 75 cocktail..wonderful! Our appetizers were great. We each ordered 1 of the 2 specials offered; Prime rib & the Hake. My husband thought it was the best Prime rib he'd ever had. My hake was perfectly cooked, but it came on a bed of gnocchi that were tasteless & like paste...it made the whole dish unappealing. I would definitely go back, but not order anything with gnocchi:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014The setting is great. Food quality could be better for price you're paying. Service was pretty good. Best for appetizers, small plates and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance, food was mehCirclegirlDined on 9/19/2014The potato croquettes were bland and both of our steaks were tough (he had the ribeye, I had the petite filets). Fries were soggy and cold. I was so excited for my first experience here, and left disappointed.Special Features:
- Always love this placeLittleJohn2Dined on 9/19/2014This is one of my favorite places in St. Louis. Great view - Very metro feel. Service is great and food is always very good, but I was disappointed in the fish I ordered. It was their special that night and the variety was something I had never heard of before so I thought I would try it. It turned out to be very soft - too mushy for me. My husband had the Chilean Sea Bass - excellent. The other thing I like about Vinde Set is that the menu is varied. There is usually something on it that I have not had before. It was our anniversary and staff was wonderful. They gave us a free dessert and a card signed by the wait staff. Very nice. It will continue to be one of my favorite places.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014Loved the restaurant. We had a great waiter that made the evening fun also. I would highly recommend to everyone! Loved it!Special Features:
- St Louis GemStevieTDined on 9/17/2014We always have a wonderful experience at Vin de Set. The ambiance, service, and food are always top notch. This is definitely our "go-to" restaurant for special occasions. When the weather is warm and the sky is clear you can't beat their roof-top dining.Special Features:
- Great foodMurrayDined on 9/7/2014A nice brunch with a wide variety yet not so overwhelming that it becomes unpleasant. Nice shaded patio. Love that a mimosa is included - that was a happy surprise.Special Features:
- great experienceyuppiedinerDined on 9/6/2014pro: seated on time, excellent service, and beautiful view (rooftop dining). con: drinks were overpriced. food was very solid but nothing memorable (I had one of the fish selections, on the recommendation that this was a top seafood spot).Special Features:
- Perfect EveningAnnCDined on 9/6/2014Loved the wine, sea bass, company, service and view. Thanks for making my bday so special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greattheWaiterDined on 9/5/2014Great as always ,forgot my credit card at the restaurant, they called me before i knew i left it.which is another reason to have a reservationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sept 6regulardinerDined on 9/5/2014Specials were outstanding. I had pork bellies appetizer and lamb chops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience.MikeDined on 8/31/2014Our waitor was Charles and he was an excellent help to my girlfriend because she had never been to a French restaurant or even knew what the menu said. He was also very personable and friendly. On top of that the food was excellent.! I will definitely be returning in the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.