207 SW. Greenville Blvd.
Greenville, NC 27834Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.villedgenc.com/
- Phone: 2523559500
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brandon B. Qualls
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: VILLEDGE offers two private rooms The Wood Shed and The Tobacco Exchange
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment
A word from VILLEDGE
Wood Fired Kitchen & Bar located in the Hilton Hotel. Progressive new American food that is comfortable and eclectic. Numerous Small Plates, Flat Breads, Steaks and Seafood. VILLEDGE uses local when available and in season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
VILLEDGE - Best Restaurants in Greenville ›
VILLEDGE reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (3)fit for foodies (2)romantic (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- TammyDined on 7/5/2014Made a dinner reservation on 7/5/14 through Open Table. Arrived at Villedge and the restaurant was closed. Bar area was open with a limited menu so we decided to stay. Food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 26 reviews are from the VILLEDGE reviews archive.
- Villedge - left us wantingWolfpackjackDined on 3/8/2014The food was very good. However, for the prices they are demanding you would think the service and offerings would be more. No bread, or salad, or veggie side was offered with the meal and with a couple of glasses of wine the bill with tip was over $100. The service was ok, but felt like they were just trying to get us our food and have us go.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceasdfhklDined on 1/23/2014The food was excellent! From great drink recommendations from our waiter, to the appetizer of fried Brussel sprouts (delicious), to lobster and corn chowder, to our entrees of filet mignon in a Cabernet reduction sauce, and shrimp and grits with chorizo and mussels. It was all great. I'm not a fan of mussels, so they were okay. I also think there could have been more shrimp on the dish, but that is my only suggestion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not HappyGeorgeDined on 11/7/2013The service was great and we had some very good wine. Food was mediocre at best.Special Features:
- Awesome VisitFoodieVIPDined on 9/27/2013I stopped at Villedge on my way to a meeting in the area and it was the best decision I made that day. Everything I ordered was amazing from the salad to the sandwich and fries. The Caesar salad I had was one of the best I've ever had. The lettuce and toppings were all very fresh. The sandwich and fries were also cooked to order which made for a pleasurable lunch experience. The service was also very attentive and courteous. I am definitely looking forward to visiting again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in GvlleanniversaryQueenDined on 9/26/2013I searched hard for a nice upscale restaurant to celebrate our anniversary. I am a romantic at heart so I really wanted something with an intimate romantic atmosphere along with fine dining. Although we didn't get to have a totally secluded and private spot all to ourselves as I had hoped, it was still a wonderful dinner and an enjoyable night. I earned some "Brownie" points for the restaurant selection (which was a total surprise to him until the last few hours), the Apple Ale I ordered for him to taste, and the Sweet Potato Goat Cheese Biscuits to go along with his Hopin Salmon and my Duck Dumplings. Mmm, Mmm, Good!! Great service and delightfully tasteful food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our second visit,RoadiniersVIPDined on 6/14/2013This was our second visit, had dined here about a year ago. Found the food and service to be better coordinated, which seemed to pay off in more diners. Started with a pork belly, which was well prepared to be tasty without being overly fatty. Then had the veal chop special which was cooked medium rare as ordered and with a gorgonzola topping was a good choice. My wife ordered the local fish special which was also good. The chef stopped by to ask if all was well and seeemed genuinely interested in our responses. We departed before the Friday band started to play arond 9 PM, but they seemed to be working on some country sounds, if that is to your liking. If you are in the Grenville area, this place is worthy of a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!FoodieQueenDined on 6/14/2013I loved the ambiance of Villedge; very chill and laid back but with a "romantic" twist. This was the first time my husband and I had been there and we definitely plan on going back. They had the triple threat: great service, great food and a great atmosphere. And for being a restaurant in a hotel, this says a lot! Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good - betterLindaVIPDined on 5/28/2013Food was very good - better than one would expect in a hotel restaurant. Definitely recommended. Interesting, inventive menu. Fried brussel sprouts were a little greasy but had a yummy flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2013I booked a reservation at Villedge after viewing their menu. The restaurant had a special menu for graduation and food could not be ordered from their regular menu. Very disappointed in the options and wish I had known this before arriving. I would have cancelled my reservation. For the price, I was not impressed with our dinner.
- I took my wife to VilledgeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013I took my wife to Villedge for our anniversary and the food, atmosphere, and staff were excellent. I recommend them as a great place to go!Special Features:
- Good Food at HotelEyechatterDined on 4/2/2013Living in a "small" town is challenging when you're looking for an evening out with good food and no fuss. This restaurant has been able to achieve it and brings our community an option which we regularly take advantage of. Friendly staff, good food, ambiance...what more could one ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I was hoping foreyelovegoodfoodDined on 3/8/2013The remodel of the old Christine's is very nice. I had high hopes for a tapas restaurant in town. After reviewing the menu online I found the offerings to be a bit slim for a true small plate restaurant, but had selected a few items that sounded interesting. We were seated promptly when we arrived and our waiter was very helpful and attentive. Problem was, everything I asked for, from drinks to small plates to soups, was no longer on the menu. We were assured that the steaks were the same great quality as they were with Christine's, but they were not cooked to the requested temperature. Fortunately the drinks were good.
- Great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2013Special occasion with my family. Had a great meal served by a knowledgeable wait staff. We all had great food and had no complaints. My ribeye was cooked perfectly and my son commented the cheeseburger was the best he has ever had! Dessert made by Pia was delicious ( cheesecake).Would Highly recommend Villedge to anyone looking for a wonderful night out.Special Features:
- Went for Valentine's dinner,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2013Went for Valentine's dinner, crowded but not overly so. Excellent server, noise level was not bad at all, nice decor. Duck was excellent, pricey for Greenville but we will go again.Special Features:
- Greenville GemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Villedge is a true gem! The food is outstanding and there's always a good bar scene. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Decent but overpricedric0suaveDined on 2/14/2013A good addition to the higher end palate of Greenville. For the money, would still opt to go to Starlight or jaunt down to Chef and the farmer. Maybe it was the Valentine's menu with its limited selection, but the items we had were just okay. Would have liked to have sampled the jerky, Burgers, & more of the flatbreads if they were available. Could improve on the service since my dessert selection was incorrect.Special Features:
- I arrived about 5 minutesOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/6/2013I arrived about 5 minutes before my reservation and it was almost 15 minutes before I was even greeted--very disappointing. Since this was my first time there, I was beginning to wonder if I was even in the right place.
- When you plan a night outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2013When you plan a night out with friends and make the reservations you want the experience to be a good one. Well Villedge did not disappoint...PERFECT NIGHT!!! Great atmosphere,service,music and really delicious food. Definitely a Gem!Looking forward to coming back.Special Features:
- Worth a visitAlwaysHungryDined on 12/31/2012One of a few places in Greenville serving inventive food with high quality ingredients. Will definitely return for other special occasions.Special Features:
- jhuppeats2starjuppeatsVIPDined on 12/19/2012Second time to Villedge, this time for lunch. I put a Yes by the "Would you recommend..." question, but not sure. Depends on what you want. Went on a Wednesday during holiday season and only a few guests there. This may be nice if you jut want a quiet place to talk, but for us it felt unwelcoming. We all had the buffet lunch which is a good value. Hamburger steak and chicken entrees were good, as were the salad and green beans. Roasted potatoes cut too large for my taste. Didn't try the desserts.
- Interesting recipes for appetizersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/14/2012Interesting recipes for appetizers but preparation needs to be tweaked a little. Oysters should have been cut away from shell before baking and snails were hard to extract from shells. Rib-eye could have been better quality and better prepared. I almost had the impression that both steak and vegetables was precooked and then just warmed up? I have a lot of confidence in the executive chef and will return when things settle down a bit. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- juppeats3starjuppeatsVIPDined on 12/11/2012Villedge is a step up from Christine's that used to occupy this space in the Hilton. Decor and general ambiance much better. Limited yet interesting dinner menu. My guest had the tuna appetizer on bed of greens. Looked like standard restaurant supply house frozen tuna that had been sliced, but it was properly seared. I had stripped bass that was prepared nicely, but didn't taste like very fresh fish. Server was nice and helpful, but hadn't been properly trained in how to serve a bottle of wine. Giving them 3 stars for trying and moving in the right direction.
- Good but very loudOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/5/2012Our food was very good however the place is so loud you have to almost shout to here the person across the table.Special Features:
- our waitress, Bethany, wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2012our waitress, Bethany, was so welcoming and gave us great service!Special Features:
- Food is a little foo-foo forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012Food is a little foo-foo for my taste. Outstanding appetizers however, especially the cornmeal breaded okra. Very loud for a smallish restaurant.Special Features:
- Off to a good start. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2012Off to a good start. Service was knowledgeable, pleasant and efficient. Food was nicely presented and prepared, may need some taste testing by the chef to be sure innovation is balanced.Special Features: