Villaggio Grille at the Wharf
4790 Main Street, F108
Orange Beach, AL 36561Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Villaggio Grille at the Wharf
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.villaggiogrille.com/
- Phone: 2512246510
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John Odom
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Big or small we can handle any event.
A word from Villaggio Grille at the Wharf
Polished casual dinning with cuisine representing the gulf coast, local fishermen, and farmers alike.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Villaggio Grille at the Wharf - Best Restaurants in Orange Beach ›
Villaggio Grille at the Wharf reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (33)fit for foodies (27)special occasion (26)romantic (16)hot spot (15)good for groups (14)great for brunch (12)neighborhood gem (12)notable wine list (12)great for lunch (11)late-night find (7)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Really good foodImwoozDined on 8/22/2014It's what I go to a restaurant for, really good food. Service was great and never lacked for anythingSpecial Features:
- ConsistentHigg3Dined on 8/12/2014I know it's redondent.....but Villagio was consistent AGAIN ! As an condo owner and frequent visitor to the area....Villagio is our favorite ! The grouper special was the best ever ...... Listen carefully at the specials....they are fresh and well preparedSpecial Features:
- Great food - but super noisyBloonsDined on 8/8/2014We really enjoyed the food at Villaggio Grille, but the ambiance was lacking. The restaurant was so noisy that is was hard to talk to anyone other than the person right next to you. (We had a large table of 14). The restaurant was also very dark. Despite the noise and the darkness, everything we ate was exceptional, including flat pizzas, calamari, grouper, seafood pasta, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Villaggio is The PlaceOldtimerDined on 8/3/2014This is the kind of restaurant you are always looking for. Great personal service and wonderful foodSpecial Features:
- DisappointedSoutherndinerDined on 8/1/2014Bad food and an inexperienced server. The server didn't get our order right, the special was terrible, the steak I ordered to replace my meal was overcooked and tastelessSpecial Features:
- Ask for MikeChadVIPDined on 8/1/2014Great food, right in the middle of the Wharf! Sit outside and enjoy the light show. They also allow small dogs on the patio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodJohnhVIPDined on 7/30/2014We had a great time. 4 adults 2 kids. Variety of foods items from seafood to Italian dishes.Special Features:
- Some great, some just okayjeannet34Dined on 7/27/2014We had a very nice time at Villagio Grille, and some of the food was excellent - such as the artichoke and leek bisque with crab - Delicious! I got the Truffle Honey Shrimp (can't remember the exact name), and the shrimp was very overcooked. Flavor was good though. Service was great - kudos to Jim for handling our large table of women!!Special Features:
- VillaggioSinacleSamDined on 7/26/2014At The Wharf. We ordered four entrees. Mine a bone in ribeye was superb! My wife a honey shrimp dish was excellent, one of my sons a pesto and chicken flat bread very good and the other son Alfredo and pasta with chicken, shrimp, etc was a problem. It wasn't seasoned very well and after salt, more salt and pepper he ate about half of it. We brought our own wine, corking fee was $8 when I called, but changed to $15 when we got there (train your people). Overall an above average restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Pizza cooked in a wood fired oven, mmmm. Our group had steaks, very good, pizza, excellent, pasta, very good, and fish, very good!Special Features:
- So soOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014The place was full and seemed crowded. It was tough to get through the tables and chairs. The appetizers had the potential to be so much more. The bruschetta was a huge disappointment. We excepted the crab topping to be heated or room temperature. It was COLD RIGHT OUT OF THE FRIDGE! When we asked our server, Comet, if it was supposed to be freezing cold the answer was a curt "yes". No offer to warm it or redo it or offer another selection in its place. We had to put the menus in her hands after we ordered and she brought our drinks because she had not noticed that they were still on the table and there was no room for the plates. The entrees were very good and exceeded our expectations asked on earlier. The fish & scallops were A#1
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/23/2014The food was fine but certainly geared to a tourist crowd. Nothing special. Service was average, and they tried to hurry us through, perhaps in hopes that they could turn the table more quickly.
- Potential but poor executionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014The food was good but timing was a problem. The appetizers (an excellent goat cheese/walnut salad and good baked oyster dish) arrived after almost 25 minutes, and the entrees less than a minute later. The server (not our primary waitress) was dumbfounded when we politely asked her to take them back and not to put either dish (tuna rare and a seafood pasta) under a heat lamp. The manager quickly arrived to apologize and said he would handle it. After another long wait (over 30 minutes) our entrees reappeared. The tuna was new and quite good. Unfortunately the pasta appeared to have been reheated in a microwave (excessive steam from the middle when stirred) and contained only two shrimp and two scallops). Overall a mixed dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good!FoodieKatDined on 7/16/2014Went for dinner during the week. The Devils on Horseback (bacon wrapped fried oysters) were my husband's favorite - and I enjoyed them, even though I 'm not a fan of oysters. The white truffle honey shrimp was probably the best shrimp I have had - at least in a very long time. It had a sauce with it that was delicious and went well with the honey and truffle oil on the shrimp. We did not get the risotto with this item and instead got brie and apples. Put that with the bread and the sauce from the shrimp...oh my goodness. The saffron risotto and the scallops were very good. Our server, Christina, was excellent in her recommendations and the service was good without being intrusive. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great foodAlabamaDined on 7/12/2014This is a very good restaurant! The food is fabulous and the staff is wonderful. It is one the high end $$, but it is worth every penny. When we eat out we make sure it is unique in every way, not like something I would fix at home.Special Features:
- Lost TableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014I reserved a table for five outside during the weigh in Friday night. It started sprinkling and the women didn't want to get their hair wet. So we went and sat at the bar inside and waited for the rain to pass. But before going inside asked the waitress if we could have our table after it stop raining and she said yes. It really didn't rain that much so we asked to go back outside and someone had taken our table. We ask for another table but she said there were none available and clearly there were a couple open. And the pizzas are terrible!
- Great TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014We were seated right away. The food was delicious and the wine selection was well above average. It was a little loud but what do you expect for the 4th of July weekend. We try to dine there every time we travel to Orange Beach.Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014We come from Michigan and always make plans to eat at Villagio's. Wife and I have been here 6 different times and tried something different on the menu each time only to be completely overwhelmed by the taste and presentation of the food. Great service and very friendly. Makes us feel at home. Prices very acceptable.Special Features:
- MomaVDined on 6/26/2014We travel to the beach every summer and discovered this place last year. It was so good we came back. We were not disappointed and to top it off we had the same GREAT waiter.....James. Every bit of the meal was wonderful. We look forward to our next trip.Special Features:
- Alpha and OmegaTaTeeDined on 6/23/2014The service was exceptional. The food was not. We enjoyed the light show and the hula hoop contest. Location is great.Special Features:
- Excellent food; friendly staffFoodiePilgrimageDined on 6/14/2014Went twice on my trip to Orange Beach. I have two small kids, and both times the wait staff was very sweet in accommodating them (and helping ensure they did not disturb other diners). The risotto was excellent, and I was particularly impressed the kitchen produced an excellent risotto when we were the final seating at 10 PM the second night - thank you. Only negative is the bruschetta - not Italian bruschetta; if you order it expecting that you will be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great DinningJAG1Dined on 6/7/2014Great dinning once again. This is our faviotite Restuaurant in the area.Special Features:
- Good place to eat!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/6/2014They were very accommodating and the service was excellent!! The food was great as usual. I could without the seizure inducing light show though :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGMrandMrsWestDined on 6/1/2014We're from Texas and decided to eat here for our wedding anniversary, our waiter John was wonderful, he went above and beyond for us! The food was the best food we have ever had!! The place was beautiful and the drinks were awesome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/24/2014I made a reservation at this restaurant for 5 people based on the menu posted on line. When I arrived the dinner menu looked nothing like what was on line. It was a bit over priced for what we got, but at the least service was excellent.Special Features:
- Awesome Surprise!!JFortuneDined on 5/24/2014We booked our dinner from viewing the menu only, and were surprised by the atmosphere. It was such fun...especially with the musical light show in the courtyard ! We were not expecting it. We will certainly go back next year when visiting .Special Features:
- Great FoodMelYizDined on 5/23/2014My husband and I had dinner here for the first time. We ate outside and were treated to a light show along the palm tree lined lane with music to match. The food was wonderful except a bit salty for my taste. We had the mussels, scallops and grouper. Each had it's own special flavor. We would definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2014Brown butter grouper is always my choice. Also enjoy pizzas. I husband said his porkchop was one of the best he's ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/15/2014I had reservations for outside dining if possible. It was to chilly. Instead of a nice table inside we were placed in the back next to the drink machine. There were six of us and it was a special event. I am very sad about the evening.
- Good but not greatLovegoodfoodDined on 5/11/2014Very nice atmosphere. Food was good. My risotto was a bit salty. Salads were delicious. Will defiantly try it againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar tending bad & priceyDisappointedDined on 5/10/2014Could have more reasonable specials . Bar tender cannot make drinks, puts what taste like 7up in our Manhattans on the rocks , then when we complained & just asked for bourbon on rocks put in a tiny glass filled w/ ice. Drinks not worth the price!
- Wonderful evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014What a great meal for our entire party! We love your restaurant!Special Features:
- HiloaDined on 5/7/2014The salmon crusted with brown sugar and ginger was truly outstanding. Moist and delicious. It was over couscous,deliciously seasoned. The mustard greens were a little bitter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 92 reviews are from the Villaggio Grille at the Wharf reviews archive.
- Busy PlaceTnTripAdvisorDined on 5/3/2014First time ever at the Villaggio Grille and were a little disappointed that was not able to receive Red Snapper as we had looked on the menu before coming. Waiter went out of his way to be nice and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/29/2014Food is excellent. Great lunch specials for the price and you are getting top-notch authentic food. Pizza is killer!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceDocmanDined on 4/26/2014We arrived for our reservation and were told about the special. My girlfriend and I ordered special and an appetizers. My daughter's friend ordered a menu pizza special with no mushrooms (she is allergic). 5 minutes later the waiter comes back and informs us that the restaurant is out of the specials and the appetizer I had ordered. So we re-order. 45 minutes later no food. They forgot the no mushrooms and had to remake the pizza So after an hour they served 3 luke warm meals and a hot pizza. We told them of the food temperature. They offered to remake them but we were too tired. Probably good food but the service was poor. They apologized and comped the entrees.
- Browns81Dined on 4/24/2014Best place in the area! We have gone each trip to the beach past three years, always amazing! Grouper is best ever!Special Features:
- Good food, decor not great.worldtravelerDined on 4/21/2014The food was amazing. I think I got their daily special, and I was very happy with it. Big portions - I took half of mine home. The decor though was really modern. They have a large outside dining area, and it looks like they have music in that area often, so it would be cool to eat there when they have that going on.Special Features:
- Our Favorite SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014After discovering this restaurant last year, we make plans to eat here every time we visit Orange Beach. Entrees are mid $20's but worth every penny. The Brown Butter Grilled Grouper is my favorite.. a must try (you will be hooked)! We also tried the Seafood Pasta this go around and it was rich but very good. The lump crab meat mixed in the sauce was my favorite part. Overall, a great dining experience!Special Features:
- Consistently perfect !Higg3Dined on 4/16/2014Fine dining at the beach is hard to find, however, Villagio has hit it out the park ! Our favorite in the Orange Beach/Perdido Key area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.