2301 Grand Avenue STE 109
Hoover, AL 35226Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thevillaggiobirmingham.com/
- Phone: 2052904342
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wed 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar
A word from Villaggio
Authentic Italine CuisineContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Villaggio reviews from OpenTable diners
- Outstanding Anniversary DinnerSteveDined on 5/31/2014My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary at Villagio. When the staff learned that it was our anniversary, they went above and beyond to make us feel special and appreciated. The service was outstanding, the food was excellent and the price was very reasonable. Also, the bread sticks are phenominal.Special Features:
- Loved it!bhamblondeDined on 4/12/2014First experience at Villagio - we enjoyed everything - from appetizers to the main course. Loved the Seafood Ravioli and the Fried Red Tomatoes! Great atmosphere, friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/12/2014Friend and I made reservations for a Saturday night. We had been drinking at Ross Bridge resort and didnt want to drive. The bellman will take you by golf cart! Turns out we didnt need reservations. The place was pretty empty. There were maybe 4 other couples eating. The bartender was also our waiter. Got us drinks and garlic bread quickly. Salads and entrees were also pretty good. There were only 2 waiters and a hostess working. 2 couples came in and the hostess said it would be 10-15 minutes before she could seat them. They looked around at all the empty tables a little confused and she explained that it was because they only had 2 waiters. I'm not sure if this is normal or if someone didnt show up for work. I would eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has PotentialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/2/2014This place could be much better than it is. Problems that arose are easily correctable. They were out of 6-7 different menu items that night alone (including beers, wines). The bottle of wine we did have was very good. The appetizers were ok but very overpriced. The calamari could have been very good, but had over-seasoned breading. And at $16 it cost more than some dinners. From the salads on, the dinner was solid, albeit again overpriced. Dessert was very good. The service left much to be desired for a place that presents itself as fine dining. Not much personality from the server, offered the dessert menu while we were still eating dinner, just things that could easily be addressed to improve this place.Special Features:
- Slow kitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/29/2014Food was very good. Waiter very friendly. however kitchen very slow. 30 min wait for my wife's entree to be served after my entree delivered to table. Staff kept saying multiple times they were sorry that kitchen was swamped, unfortunately that was all they offered to make it right.Special Features:
- Great Looking Menu butLeftyMHVIPDined on 3/23/2014Several menu items looked exciting but the preparation was poorly done. One example was the fried lobster tails which were fried too long. Another was the calamari which was way over salted. Of the two orders of Calamari we could only eat about 20%. Service staff was quite nice and friendly but lacked some professional skills like how to serve wine.
- Painfully slowEatoutoftenVIPDined on 3/15/2014The service was very unorganized and slow. Our food came out at different times and we had to ask for drinks after our food came. The food is good but it's not worth the hassle of having to wait so long and then have to eat at different times.
- DissapointingdonnykeddyDined on 2/15/2014Steak over done, wine too expensive and service lacking. Had to ask twice for black pepper, still did not get any. We were not asked about desert. When informed my steak was over cooked, we got a frown & no comment from the waitress. Not worth the money. We went looking for authentic Italian only to find run of the mill pasta dishes. Nice décor and mood, but overall not what we were looking for.Special Features:
- Great Getaway PlacegdoctorDined on 2/15/2014My wife and I had a great dinner after a conference at Ross Bridge. It was quiet, romantic, and the food was out of sight. You'd never know that such a gem was hidden in this secluded location. I'll put it on my list of goto places in Birmingham.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine dayValentineDined on 2/14/2014A hidden gem for a great romantic dinner. The service was really good. I made a reservation on valentines day and was very accurate in getting my seat at the time of reservation. The waiter was really good and the food was awesome also. Will definitely make a trip back.Special Features:
- PoorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Not a good value. 32 dollars for pasta and 4 shrimp, wait 20 min for water. Save the trip and go to Highland or Bottega
- Villagio was fair, exactlyluv2dineVIPDined on 2/14/2014Villagio was fair, exactly as most reviewers have stated. We had a nice but not exceptional meal there for Valentine's. Service was quick then non-existent. Also I introduced myself to the owner and she pointedly noted that she could not chat, she was too "busy." The steak was prepared as asked but lacked flavor. Surrounded by two small potato halves, 2 asparagus, perhaps a few dots of some kind of flavoring for color and variety? To Villagio's credit however, it was served on 2 plates so the entree could be split. The wine list was below average, with Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc costing just under 3 times the regular retail price. The $5 Garlic bread was great. Bottom line, it was good to try this restaurant, but we won't likely be back.Special Features:
- The food was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014The food was outstanding. The restaurant was extremely hot inside - enough that it was uncomfortable. The service was almost non-existant. It was not very crowded yet we could not get water or drink refills....we will not be going back.
- Wonderful Italian MenuindieDined on 1/31/2014We enjoyed our dining experience very much. Our reservation was for 6:30pm, but we arrrived in town later than expected and changed our reservation to 7pm. They were very understanding and accommodating. When we arrived we had a very short wait and were seated. Our service throughout the evening was excellent, from the hostess to several of the waiters. The food was delicious, nice ambiance and tasteful music. We will certainly return to dine there again when in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good but had issues.RandyDined on 1/10/2014I had the chicken piccata. The sauce and noodles were very good but the chicken was over cooked, dry and tough. My wife the filet which she loved but the asparagus was woody and tough. Impossible to eat. They evidently have very good receipts but need to work on their cooking technics.Special Features:
- A Great Discovery!BenAroundDined on 1/10/2014This was our first time at Villaggio - and it won't be the last. A little out of the way at Ross Bridge, but well worth it. We ate all of what was put in front of us. My wife had salmon and I had a fillet. It was all excellent and the staff was helpful and attentive without hovering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREATEmilyDined on 12/31/2013I had read many reviews about this restaurant, many of which were not good. BUT we went there for New Years and had a fabulous experience. The food was great and the service was exceptional.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Found new favorite restaurant!ConconDined on 12/31/2013We used open table for New Year's Eve because we couldn't find reservations at any other restaurant. What a pleasant surprise Villaggio was! We loved, Phillip, our server, the food, the atmosphere, etc. We will definitely go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- My bo's birthdayMaddyruthDined on 12/7/2013I highly recommend Villaggios! My boyfriend and I had a wonderful,very elegant, not too formal, but nice dinner there. It was a great experience and was romantic to boot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceNexusDined on 9/23/2013Took my wife here for our anniversary. Looking at previous reviews I was a bit worried. We went on a Monday evening and the place was fairly empty. We were seated quickly at a table for two. The waiter answered a few questions about the menu and gave us some recommendations. We ordered the $5 garlic bread that I've heard many people fuss about paying for. It was not your run of the mill massed produced garlic bread and was excellent. Our food came out in a timely manner and was outstanding. Our water and wine glasses were consistently filled by the prompt and courteous staff. The desert menu did not have many items, but we were full so we passed on the final course. In all we had a very pleasant and enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- A very good deal. Come again soon.JFTLDined on 9/5/2013This is a very good restaurant. The food was excellent and the services outstanding. Prices were more than reasonable. I would recommend it without hesitation. It is also one of the few options that is walking distance if you are staying at the nearby hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is great but priceyhealthydiner4Dined on 5/3/2013We had a wonderful meal at Villaggio. The pizza was amazing and the wedge salad was delicious. Our server was very attentive. My only complaint is the price of the food. It's very expensive, which is unfortunate because that means we won't eat there that often even though it's in our neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.