Village Tavern Scottsdale
8787 North Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85258Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Village Tavern Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.villagetavern.com/
- Phone: 4809516445x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: David Young
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: All menu items available plus flexibility to create individualized menus
- Private Party Facilities: Exterior covered patio with heaters, misters and fans available for large parties
- Private Party Contact: Paul Apana 4809516445x
- Entertainment: Monthly complimentary wine tastings
A word from Village Tavern Scottsdale
Upscale Casual restaurant featuring fresh seafood and hand cut steaks. Award winning wine list and a true "tavern" feel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Village Tavern Scottsdale - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Village Tavern Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (80)great for lunch (54)good for groups (29)special occasion (29)fit for foodies (20)great for outdoor dining (14)vibrant bar scene (14)kid-friendly (12)romantic (11)great for brunch (10)notable wine list (8)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Great food, great ambiance, even greater service. We were a group of six and the noise level was not energetic, it was over-powering. The acoustics are such that it seems everyone is sitting at your table and everyone is talking at once. Might be good for couples if they sit side-by-side and talk directly to each other.
- Our Favorite Restaurantlhwcc82Dined on 8/23/2014We LOVE Village Tavern!!!. We go for special occasions ie: birthdays, anniversaries, holiday dinners etc. Our kids love their food and we love it as well. You won't be disappointed by trying it :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceLin2Dined on 8/23/2014We had a delicious and relaxing dinner with friends from out of town. Our server, Giles, was excellent. I appreciate that we were able to relax and talk in a quiet atmosphere with great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chef1942robearDined on 8/17/2014Brunch was wonderful (and I didn't have to cook)...celebrated 2 birthdays. Will be back soon to try dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A HIDDEN GEMS IN SCOTTSDALExnycopVIPDined on 8/15/2014From the greeting at the reception desk, to their careful honoring or reservations and their great food and service, we love the Village. Special kudos to the bar staff. Ashley, Amy, Rick and Lorenzo are always there for you serving generous drinks and excellent food. Their Prime Rib is better than the Prime Rib at most of the local steakhouses. Prices are great and the Happy Hour offers premium brands at bargain prices.Special Features:
- GreatJanetVIPDined on 8/14/2014Always a good dining experience and the varied menu gives you a different choice each time you are there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScottsdaleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014Service was very good. Took special care of us and saw to our needs. Food was average and price was on the high end for what you got. It can be seen that the restaurant spent a bundle on improvements to the facility and they need to recoup in the price of food but it was not that great. Prices need to be lowered by approximately 20%.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/31/2014As usual, the food and service were great. Their flexibility is making substitutions is appreciated and not something you can take for granted when dining out. I recommend making reservations at lunch time as it is always packed.Special Features:
- RenoF250Dined on 7/30/2014Nice menu selection. We were all happy with out meals.Special Features:
- SO SOSEB1Dined on 7/27/2014Came here 1st time. Was given rave reviews ahead of time. Was disappointed in quality of food. Also for a lunch setting it was quite dark.Special Features:
- Resturant was HotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014The air conditioning was broke and made for a misreable experience.
- Disappointed this timeluv2bnazDined on 7/20/2014We have been to the Village Tavern many times but this time they changed the menu an the chef didn't seem to be up to speed. I ordered fish tacos and the fish was in large pieces, burned on the edges and the tortilla shell fell apart. My husbands chicken sandwich had so much caramelized onion on it he couldn't pick it up. We both ended up eating our dinner with a fork. Always before when we mentioned our guest was having a birthday (60th on this occasion) we were welcomed at the door with a Happy Birthday and the birthday guest received an small ice cream dish. Very disappointed.Special Features:
- Great Casual VenueAletheaVIPDined on 7/15/2014Myself and friend went for a later dinner, and dined at the bar. Drinks, food, and service were all very good. Will be back again another time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeeinScottsdaleDined on 7/15/2014Restaurant is qiet which makes it a great place for private dinners. I have a set dinner apointment every two months and my choiceis always Village Tavern. Service is escellent, the servers are always courteous and friendly. Ijsually have the Scallops and I think the dinner is outsatanding. I have arecommended Village Tavern on several occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunchMDA1Dined on 7/8/2014great for business lunch. Food and service were perfect.Special Features:
- Wrong sandwichBizalBDined on 7/6/2014I had my heart set on the cowboy chicken grill sandwich but was served another chicken sandwich in error. I was with business partners and did not want to point it out to the server and make everyone wait while mine went back to the kitchen so I ate what I was served. Unfortunately it was a disappointment and I would have expected better service from this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Find Another PlaceJDoggDined on 7/5/2014My reservation did not do me any good. The appetizer we were able to get once someone finally took our order was disgusting. Luckily no one would take our dinner order so we simply left. One thing they were really good at is apologizing and saying this is not their "usual level of service."
- Great foodLove2eatDined on 7/1/2014Village Tavern has consistently wonderful food! We ordered differently than ever before and found all to be new favs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Salad and PizzaFinelychoppedDined on 7/1/2014The crispy chicken salad was tasty and well seasoned. I had the salad finely chopped and it was easy to eat over a business lunch. My guest and I split the salad and ordered a pizza, that was equally as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening with FriendsFlagstaff3018Dined on 6/27/2014Our experience was pleasant. The server was friendly, most of the food was delicious and served in a timely manner. Server overcame my overcooked flank steak by taking it off at the close of the meal. He kept me from sharing that the meal I received was less than superior, but sharing with others how he overcame what he observed, despite me saying it was "ok" to eat! Thanks for stepping up. VT has a nice varied menu and is perfect for a group or just a night out as a couple. It has a warm ambiance and keeps you wanting to come back and try new menu items. They need to build one in Northwest Phoenix where I live! I drove 45 minutes to get here, andoverall, well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great decor, happy hourBeachluvrDined on 6/25/2014Warm and inviting decor with great food and diverse menu. Had happy hour pricing on wines which made the wine extensive wine list extremely affordable.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great Service!east2westDined on 6/21/2014It's been a few years since I was here last. That's only because it's a bit of a drive from where I live. Then like now the food was superb and the service excellent. Have the best crab cakes and crab dip appetizer. Being originally from the east coast it's almost impossible to get good crab cakes in Arizona. If I lived close to this restaurant I would dine here every week.Special Features:
- Food not cooked as orderedHenryDined on 6/17/2014My food was not cooked as ordered. I asked for flank Steak to be done med. Rare and they served it rare and in a couple of pieces it was raw. Manager came by and asked about food and I stated that it was not med. rare but showed him the raw meat. he took it back and it was replace but not as much as was taken away.I would recommend this to a friend.
- dmrdinerDined on 6/17/2014Office lunch meeting for 6. Everybody raved about the extensive menu choices! When we all finally deciding on what to have, we were all more than pleased with our choices. Fish tacos are yummy! Entire table agreed, the House potato chips are delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood Stops Trafficeat2LIVEDined on 6/16/2014Bacon-wrapped scallops best I've eaten & crab cake entree great choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burgers & crab cakes & wine, Oh my!AbcdefghiDined on 6/16/2014This is our favorite "special occasion" restaurant. My wife absolutely loves the crab cakes, either one cake as an appetizer or two cakes in the dinner. I always get the burger, which is cooked perfectly and has a great, meaty flavor . Lots of other good stuff on the menu too. Vibrant bar scene, although we aren't into that ourselves. Only problem is that it is pretty noisy inside, but what popular restaurant isn't?Special Features:
- DaveUVIPDined on 6/14/2014This place is always awesome. Never had a bad experience. Food is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mine was goodMsVickiTDined on 6/13/2014But my husband ordered the filet mignon (lunch) and he said it was a bit dry and overdone (I don't remember how he ordered it). I ordered the 8 oz prime rib (end cut, as close to medium as possible) and it was good but seemed to have a bit more fat than usual. I like the end cut because it has more flavor (seasoning), however it didn't seem to be an end cut and the server didn't mention that it wasn't available. Anyway, I was still satisfied with the dinner. The server was just okay; nothing special but we've had better. We'll still come back, because I like the overall atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diane ZiskaDiner1VIPDined on 6/8/2014Great Find! Food & Service is always good! Open all day so it is very convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The mother-in-law loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/8/2014We have been here many times and, of course, obviously enjoy the Village Tavern. This time our special guest was my mother-n-law who has celiac disease and adheres to a gluten free diet. She loved everything about the Village Tavern which is quite an endorsement! The Village Tavern has a special gluten free menu which takes a lot of stress out of ordering. My mother-in-law said it was the best gluten free pasta she has had. She also liked the ambience and our waiter, Dylan, who was so personable and accommodating.Special Features:
- Train wreckMarcoPoloVIPDined on 6/7/2014My wife and I decided to try the Village Tavern Saturday evening. I ordered the Steak au Poivre with grits and a side of spinach. The meat was way over cooked and I sent it back. The grits were like nothing I've ever seen in the South -- more like soupy cream of wheat. Disgusting stuff. The spinach was limp, limp, limp. I finally ate the new steak but left the rest. My wife enjoyed her meatloaf, but we agreed that it was the worst dining experience we have had in years. The restaurant comped my dinner, but it was too little, too late. Don't waste your time.
- Meeting friendsdiningoutDined on 6/6/2014Meeting two of my long time friends my wife had never met, we decided on the Village Tavern being approximately half way between both our homes. It would be most accommodating with an "out of the way booth" to visit. The waitress made us feel so "unhurried" through out our long lunch experience enabling us to catch up with our visiting Our food was very good and our friends thoroughly enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second year in a row...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/5/2014We came here for our anniversary last year, and were very well taken care of. So well, that we decided to come back again this year. If the quality of, well, everything stays as good as it has, we will be here many years to come. John specifically went out of his was to make sure my wife and I were comfortable and enjoyed our meal together. The filet mignon is always cooked exactly how we want it, the appetizer we tried was both not what we expected but still quite tasty (Colorado chips, ask for the BBQ sauce on the side though). Apple cobbler... man, that is such a way to end a night. Crisp apples, crumbles on top, ice cream... The double-decker cheesecake is fantastic, but we'll be back for that cobbler for sure. Thank you again!Special Features:
- Awesome!luv2bnazDined on 6/4/2014We took my husbands sister there for her 83rd birthday. We had a wonderful booth towards the back which was not to noisy and the gentleman who checked us in wished her Happy Birthday. After we finished our meal they brought her an ice cream sunday topped with a candle. It was very thoughtful and she enjoyed her dinner, ate every bite! We all enjoyed our meal and the waitress was outstanding. The service was a little slow but I think they are understaffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemTobyVIPDined on 6/3/2014A great consistently good restaurant. Waiters are friendly and attenttive.Special Features:
- KateDined on 6/3/2014Ouur server was great however the food runner brought two of our meals and we sat there for quiet a while before the third meal was brought by the waitress . This makes for a very uncomfortable evening when your food is sitting gettting cold waiting for a thirdSpecial Features:
- liketoeatDined on 6/1/2014Food for lunch was excellent. We needed some substitutions that were done without problem. Very nice and accommodating waiter. We did not feel rushed but then the restaurant was not busy.Special Features:
- Best Prime Rib I've had in years!GoodScottsdaleEatsDined on 5/31/2014I Had the Prime rib and they actual cooked it Medium Rare! Girl friends Rack of ribs was excellent also.Special Features:
- petuniaDined on 5/30/2014Polite, frienly staff with superb food and comfortable lighting. Restaurant booths are somewhat private and bar area is lively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014Restajrant was too noisy. Hard to carry on a conversation. shrimp scampi were few but a lot of linguini. very oily too