Village Tavern Scottsdale
8787 North Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85258Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Village Tavern Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.villagetavern.com/
- Phone: (480) 951-6445
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: David Young
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: All menu items available plus flexibility to create individualized menus
- Private Party Facilities: Exterior covered patio with heaters, misters and fans available for large parties
- Private Party Contact: Paul Apana 4809516445x
- Entertainment: Monthly complimentary wine tastings
A word from Village Tavern Scottsdale
Upscale Casual restaurant featuring fresh seafood and hand cut steaks. Award winning wine list and a true "tavern" feel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Village Tavern Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (75)good for groups (41)great for lunch (31)fit for foodies (30)special occasion (26)great for outdoor dining (16)vibrant bar scene (13)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (12)romantic (8)notable wine list (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (2)Show More
- noreturnlDined on 11/20/2014ordered fish and chips....as always, the food was great......i will bring or meet my friends here again...didn't feel rushed, our every need met....we had a handicapped diner and he was accommodated brilliantly....the hostess was so nice.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrogmanDined on 11/18/2014We always enjloy the Village Tavern, great for both lunch and dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Improvements NeededOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014We have been here several times within the year. Food is alittle on the high side especially when our last visit was very noisey and poor service. Waitress left our glasses empty and then dropped a glass in my plate of food right off the bat. Needs better waiters and less noise for prices they charge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Much NoiseGlennDined on 11/11/2014Not everyone enjoys having to shout in order to be heard across the table. Food is really good, service too. But the noise needs serious control.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Village TavernseakayiiVIPDined on 11/7/2014Great spot for lunch; attentive service; refills of iced tea happily provided. Reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchseakayiiVIPDined on 11/6/2014Village Tavern is a busy spot for lunch. The service is attentive. The food is freshly prepared. The main dining room is somewhat noisy. Overall, this a very reasonably priced place to have a nice luncheon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veggie BurgerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014I did not like the veggie burger at all! I did not expect it to have rice in it, which I do not eat. Plus, it was very mushy. I should have sent it back, but I didn't want to make a scene in front of my guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- back againBuckeyeVIPDined on 11/2/2014Whenever we are visiting Scottsdale we stop here for at least one dinner. We again had great food. Only disappointment is that the hot crab dip appetizer is no longer on the menue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trusted favorite.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2014Village Tavern is one of those places that you can always depend upon for great food and service. I love the atmosphere---upscale without being stuffy. Rich woods and a massive fireplace make this place warm, friendly and inviting any time of year.Special Features:
- DaveUVIPDined on 11/1/2014Awesome as always. Went for breakfast. Never had a bad meal or experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Choice For ChoicesVVWDAWVIPDined on 10/31/2014The Village Tavern is always a good choice when you want a menu with lots of choices. We've tried a wide variety of items, including appetizers, salads, sandwiches, pizzas, entrees and steaks, and we have been pleased with almost everything. Our two favorite entrees are the Baby Back Ribs and the Chicken Marsala. Also the Spinach Salad is wonderful.Special Features:
- Something was missing!luvthecrabdipDined on 10/27/2014First, let me say I love this restaurant and I love their food. If I didn't I would not keep coming back for over 14 years!!!! BUT they no longer have the hot crab dip appetizer on the menu which is a staple of every meal I have had here. That put a damper on our meal the other night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/26/2014Fabulous food and fabulous service from our waiter, John.Special Features:
- Good foodBarbara3123Dined on 10/23/2014Can always count on the. Village Tavern for a good lunch or dinner. It is predictable.Special Features:
- great recommendationsDmckDined on 10/16/2014although I've eaten here before, until tonight had not strayed from what I know to be good. The server was very helpful and turned us onto some fantastic sea bass! The preparation was spot on! We'll be back.Special Features:
- Best Prime Rib!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Went looking for prime rib and we found it! The best in Phoenix!! Brought out-of-town guests from Portland, OR and they also thought it was the best they'd had!! Our server, Ben, was awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveUVIPDined on 10/4/2014Awesome as always. Never had a bad meal or service. Food is always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoteworthyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/30/2014Always enjoy Village Tavern and so do my guests and friends.Special Features:
- ALWAYS A GOOD VISITluvOTDined on 9/28/2014Love the food; service is consistently good; I would not go out of my way to order the steaks--they are good, but not worthy of a special visit to VT for steak.Special Features:
- Great light, late dinnerNjkayeDined on 9/26/2014Waiter suggested the bruschetta and it was great! Barbecued chicken flatbread was very tasty as was the chicken teriyaki. All in all, great food and great service.
- Awesome PlaceDaveUVIPDined on 9/21/2014Always a great experience dining at the Village. Have never had a bad experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningGinaDDined on 9/20/2014Wonderful atmosphere, food & service. Bobby at the bar was terrific in all aspects from service to conversation. Our server was wonderful as well. We shall return with 100% confidence.Special Features:
- Great serverBabsVIPDined on 9/17/2014We enjoyed our meals and the server was delightfulSpecial Features:
- Always ExcellentLoveToDineDined on 9/16/2014I have been going to The Village Tavern for years for both lunch and dinner. I love that it is a restaurant that not only has amazing food but one in which you can actually have a conversation with your fellow diners as the noise level is not off of the wall. Absolutely love the food, service and ambiance here. This is a very special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected surpriseextinexDined on 9/13/2014I loved the menu, so much variation and so many options. All the way from burgers to tacos to Maryland crab cakes to shrimp and grits. Just a great menu. And everything reasonably priced. I ordered shrimp and grits and my partner ordered crab cakes, we shared. Plenty of excellent food. I loved the privacy of the booths. The staff were wonderful, kind friendly, nothing was a trouble. I was surprised to find that my favorite cocktail a "Dark and Stormy" was available which is unusual I never find it anywhere. It was also very authentic, it is a Bermuda cocktail and the ingredients were Goslings Bermuda black rum and also Goslings ginger beer. There are just so many restaurants in the Phoenix area but this is my new favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightHungryVIPDined on 9/12/2014Great place to grab a bite before a movie. Service, food and ambiance perfect for a date nightSpecial Features:
- Flank SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014The flank steak was very chewy and tough. I wouldnt order thai dish again. Also the black beans that were served with the dish were not fresh.Special Features:
- Not up to previous visits.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014Long time guests. Reserv handled and were seated promptly. Took the waiter longer than reasonable to take drink order and deliver water. Menu has been revamped & not for the best. Heavy steak emphasis. No pork entrees and 5 out of 6 pasta dishes contained chicken. And who eats a pimento BLT? Why would you add fries and black beans to a flank steak entree? Too many carbs, too heavy. Brought to the manager's attention that menu did not meet previous expectations and he said he felt uncomfortable with our complaints and said that a new executive chef had redone the menu and we should contact their corporate hdqtrs. And continued to argue. In his defense, he did comp our meal but it was not the best we have had there. Won't be back.
- Village Tavernpeanut95Dined on 9/5/2014We were celebrating a birthday with family and made a reservation accordingly. We love the Village Tavern and have been coming here for years. They never disappoint. Our server was fantastic and the food was very good. I ordered my all time favorit, the Shrimp and Grits, other family members order the Flank Steak, Fish and Chips, and the Chicken Colorado. Everyone was very happy with their selection, however I was not as happy with my Shrimp and Grits. The overall flavor is not what I remembered and the grits were quite runny. The server was amazing and bought us a piece of their signature dessert, Warm Butter Cake. Well that just made up for everything! The cake was absolutely amazing and we ate everything and licked the plate!!Special Features:
- Great - As AlwaysViolet07Dined on 9/1/2014One of our favorite neighborhood spots. Food is always great, service friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise Level2dinersDined on 8/31/2014Our food was good, server was great, but the noise level from the kitchen was annoying. A lot of commotion and dropping of loud objects that was objectionable. Not the place for a good conversational type of evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!MargieAlbertVIPDined on 8/30/2014Great service, friendly and inviting and the food was terrific! Our party of 6 included someone in a wheelchair - they could not have been more accommodating. You can't go wrong at Village Tavern Scottsdale!Special Features:
- great foodelfoodDined on 8/30/2014Good filet mignon. The atmosphere was nice and fairly private, but just slightly old. It could use some music to liven the place up, even classical music, to appeal to the older crowd maybe?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good dining experienceSandyVIPDined on 8/30/2014This is a dependable neighborhood destination with a variable menu for all kinds of appetites. It is popular with the early diners but supports an active and energetic happy hour. It has a loyal following and is always busy. You can have a full entree of good steaks, fish dishes or just a light entree salad and sandwiches at dinner. All the tables and booths are comfortable and it is popular even for many loyal single diners. The service is friendly and the food is dependable from one time to the next. Good place to teach young grand kids in my case the points of finer dining from quick fast food restaurants. It's a restaurant you can count on like an old friend to serve tasty food, good value and leave in a good feeling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT ENTREE AND SERVICEPapadonVIPDined on 8/29/2014The food was excellent and the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- notafanDined on 8/27/2014Great food, great ambiance, even greater service. We were a group of six and the noise level was not energetic, it was over-powering. The acoustics are such that it seems everyone is sitting at your table and everyone is talking at once. Might be good for couples if they sit side-by-side and talk directly to each other.
- Our Favorite Restaurantlhwcc82Dined on 8/23/2014We LOVE Village Tavern!!!. We go for special occasions ie: birthdays, anniversaries, holiday dinners etc. Our kids love their food and we love it as well. You won't be disappointed by trying it :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceLin2Dined on 8/23/2014We had a delicious and relaxing dinner with friends from out of town. Our server, Giles, was excellent. I appreciate that we were able to relax and talk in a quiet atmosphere with great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chef1942robearDined on 8/17/2014Brunch was wonderful (and I didn't have to cook)...celebrated 2 birthdays. Will be back soon to try dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A HIDDEN GEMS IN SCOTTSDALExnycopVIPDined on 8/15/2014From the greeting at the reception desk, to their careful honoring or reservations and their great food and service, we love the Village. Special kudos to the bar staff. Ashley, Amy, Rick and Lorenzo are always there for you serving generous drinks and excellent food. Their Prime Rib is better than the Prime Rib at most of the local steakhouses. Prices are great and the Happy Hour offers premium brands at bargain prices.Special Features: