Village Tavern Scottsdale
8787 North Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85258Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Village Tavern Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.villagetavern.com/
- Phone: (480) 951-6445
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: David Young
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: All menu items available plus flexibility to create individualized menus
- Private Party Facilities: Exterior covered patio with heaters, misters and fans available for large parties
- Private Party Contact: Paul Apana 4809516445x
- Entertainment: Monthly complimentary wine tastings
A word from Village Tavern Scottsdale
Upscale Casual restaurant featuring fresh seafood and hand cut steaks. Award winning wine list and a true "tavern" feel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Village Tavern Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (75)good for groups (41)great for lunch (32)fit for foodies (27)special occasion (26)great for outdoor dining (16)vibrant bar scene (13)kid-friendly (13)great for brunch (13)romantic (9)notable wine list (5)hot spot (5)late-night find (2)Show More
- Mother's Day BrunchVeggiediners2VIPDined on 5/11/2014VT throws a great Mother's Day brunch if you eat meat. We don't, but we ate a lot of delicious berries, Belgian waffles, French toast, and salad. Service was slow and forgetful, but she was probably overwhelmed. It has been a family tradition to do this for the past few years and we will likely continue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/7/2014This was our first time at this restaurant. Our server (Dylan) was excellent. Although the restaurant was extremely busy, Dylan made it seem as though we were the only folks in the room. He was very attentive and got everything right. We appreciated his efforts. We also appreciated that there are options for vegetarians on the dinner menu, and that dish was terrific. The NY Strip steak (for the meat eater in our group) was just okay. The desserts were great, as were the appetizers. We would return to this location.Special Features:
- Love at First Bite, so good bye...OldguyDined on 5/7/2014The Village Tavern Scottsdale was a very pleasant surprise. Had driven past it for years. So for mybirthday we decided to try somewhere new. The menu was ample, the selection outstanding. Prices reasonable. The meals were wonderful. Beautifully prepared and an absolute lack of complaint from anyone for anything. This is a restaurant to which we will gladly return and enjoy. There is however one caviat, because we like it so much, we have given it the kiss of death. If we love it, it will shutter it's doors. Perhaps this one will break the curse. I sincerely hope so.Special Features:
- JeffeyADined on 5/6/2014Very good food and great service on this visit and at other times as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we were there for dinnerDINNERDined on 5/5/2014IT WAS VERY GOOD....SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT. WE HAVE BEEN GOING THERE SINCE IT OPENED, SOME 20+ YEARS AGO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diner1VIPDined on 5/3/2014Clean, good service, good food only draw back was the noise level was too high! Otherwise almost perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing mealthebigorangeVIPDined on 5/1/2014The service was excellent but the meal was disappointing. My wife ordered a Caesar salad that was large but lacked taste. She followed with a plank steak that was overcooked and lacked taste and texture . I had clam chowder and the tavern salad that were good but couldn't overcome my wife's meal. Unfortunately we will not be returning.
- Nice place!kathVIPDined on 4/30/2014Food, wine and service were very good. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/30/2014We all enjoyed our lunch very much and look forward to returning again to try new menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Very GoodVVWDAWVIPDined on 4/27/2014The food and service are consistently very good here. There is a large variety on the menu, and it is reasonably priced. The wait staff is well trained and always very pleasant. We attempt to try something different every time we eat here, and we're always happy with our selections. Our favorites, however, continue to be the Chicken Marsala and the Baby Back Ribs. And of course Wednesdays are also a favorite because of half-priced wine!
- Great Find in the NeighborhoodViolet07Dined on 4/26/2014Finally made it to Village Tavern for a birthday dinner for a family member. It was delightful. Food was very good, service was excellent. Attentive wait staff. I'd come back in a heartbeat and bring my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeffeyADined on 4/25/2014Very good food and service. Noisy is our only complaintI would recommend this to a friend.
- rustyVIPDined on 4/25/2014Always a memorable meal with wonderful service. We will be back!Special Features:
- Friend's lunchBirthday123Dined on 4/23/2014Great service with great food. Appreciated the server's patience because we talked & talked. He treated us very nicely through our 2 hour lunch.Special Features:
- WONDERFUL!LittleJewelDined on 4/20/2014We've been a "regular" at Village Tavern for years, and always find that it is a perfect fit for many occasions. The variety offered on the menu suits a wide range of guests, and the food is top notch. The ribs are my favorite, although prior to that I thought their short ribs were the best on the planet. Why are those no longer available? In any case, great food, great booths, great service and a wide variety make this a FAVORITE!Special Features:
- TomandVanDined on 4/20/2014We have eaten at the village tavern many times and taken friends there and everyone likes the service, food and the atmoshpere. Keep it up...................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Short ReviewJuanDined on 4/19/2014Generous, tasty desserts and the main meal was great, too.Special Features:
- The little things countOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2014I am a huge fan of the Village Tavern. Had many great meals there in the past and will be back. However, the quality for me last night slipped a little. We ordered the calamari, batter was good but the cheweness that should be there wasn't. It was alsmost like they tenderized it to much. They actually carried coctail sauce and the thai dressing was a nice twist. The ceaser salad side was a good size portion. It would have hit the spot if the plate was colder along with the lettuce. But good flavor. The ribeye had great flavor but a little over cooked for medium rare. Would have been nice to see a little green on the plate. Having the fries and meat, made the presentation blah. A sprig of parshley or something wold have made it pop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome for Lunch!FoodViews4YOUDined on 4/19/2014This restaurant was really, really, great! Great atmosphere, fabulous food and super service. I would definitely recommend this to others. Several of us had salads and were really impressed. The salmon entree got rave reviews as well. Easy to find in a very popular area. Put this one at the top of your list for lunch!!!Special Features:
- DBJBVIPDined on 4/16/2014We always enjoy Village Tavern. The food is always good and a varied menu.Special Features:
- Another delicious lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/15/2014We enjoy the Village Tavern very much and are frequent diners here. Lunch, as usual, was delicious and accompanied by excellent service.Special Features:
- Huge portions/great dealMoonRiver1VIPDined on 4/12/2014It is refreshing to dine in a restaurant that includes two sides with the majority of their entrees. It is time that the public starting protesting all of this ala carte business. Delicious steaks, prime rib with all the trimmings - a must try if you are in Scottsdale, AZ.Special Features:
- Upscale Bar FoodartkVIPDined on 4/12/2014This is a nice casual restaurant. An extensive menu some items are very good some just fair. I would stick to the basics like ribs and burgers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Really Enjoy this place.MsVickiTDined on 4/11/2014It's not too trendy and not too noisy. I like that you can sit inside for lunch and imagine you're in a steakhouse at night. The food is always great and you can tell that they care about their customers. The drinks were a little late, so the waiter comped them for us. Now that shows they really care about the customer experience. I've settled on the prime rib as my favorite, but my husband ordered a steak sandwich and he thought it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceJimTDined on 4/6/2014Waiter, Jesse was great. On the spot, very accommodating.. Four different entrees , all prepared well and served timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchMurphDined on 4/6/2014my sister was visiting, so we took her and our nephew to lunch. Everything we ordered was delicious. They were so impressed. The service was excellent (thanks, Kevin) and we had a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family members were in townCarolDined on 4/4/2014Family members were in town staying at the Hayatt - we walked over - food, atmosphere and server were all great!Special Features:
- Very pleasant. Very good foodArMcDined on 4/3/2014Very pleasant. Very good food and service. Ribs were great. Large portions. Very reasonable prices. Very popular. Should have reservations.Special Features:
- A great find!BobbiDined on 4/2/2014We are from NJ, and were visiting friends in Scottsdale (stayed at the Gainey Suites Hotel). We had invited a niece (who lives in Mesa), and a great-niece (who lives in Phoenix) to be our guests at dinner, and had no idea where to take them. Since your restaurant is right next to the hotel, we decided to go there. What a delightful place - great menu (something for everyone) - great service, on-time with our reservation, and great food. Thank you. We really were lucky to find you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a delightful lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/1/2014Once again, we very much enjoyed our lunch at the Village Tavern. I just love their crab cakes! Our waitress, Terry, was absolutely delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Village TavernDavidDined on 3/30/2014A great place to take family or friends. Menu is quite extensive with lots of good choices and variety, Nice ambience. Sunday Prime rib is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first visit was very enjoyable.WilkyDined on 3/30/2014Our first visit was very enjoyable.We had sweet potato fries for an appetizer . They were the best we ever had. We had the chicken spinach salad...delicious. Our guests had fish and chips.Our only recommendation would be to put the fish and chips on a plate instead of the baskets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had Sunday brunch the otherBarbara3123Dined on 3/30/2014We had Sunday brunch the other day. Two of us had omelets, one had crab cakes Benedict. All of the good was delicious. The omelets were served with country potatoes and fruit, and were made with very little fat. The Benedict was really tasty. We go there for dinner often but this was the first time we went for brunch. I would recommend it for any meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent food and serviceDrDaveVIPDined on 3/28/2014Good location. Friendly staff serving good food on every visitSpecial Features:
- Never lets us downJeffDined on 3/28/2014We have been eating at Village Tavern for over 15 years. They never let us down with the quality of the food, exceptional service and great dining experience. Whether we are taking family, friends, out of town guests or just by ourselves, we always are glad we chose Village Tavern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Very GoodHoneyBflyVIPDined on 3/27/2014This establishment is always consistent. We dine here almost weekly and we are always satisfied. Service is good and friendly. Food is tasty and fresh. It is a very busy place in the season but the wonderful host and hostess are so accommodating and are always welcoming.Special Features:
- Always Bring Out-Of-Towners HereVVWDAWVIPDined on 3/26/2014This is a great place to bring friends from out of town. There is a big variety on the menu, and the food is always tasty. The service is also very good. It's always enjoyable and a good value. Wednesdays are 1/2 price wine nights, so it can be really busy (especially during Spring Training and Spring Break), so be sure to make a reservation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for lunch, butseakayiiVIPDined on 3/24/2014Great spot for lunch, but often busy. Make an Open Table reservation like we did. Food is tasty and reasonably priced. Attentive service. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentSteveVIPDined on 3/23/2014Food and service are always good. However we find management to be impersonalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable, Moderately Priced RestaurAlMacDined on 3/22/2014A known quantity, reliable, decent wine offerings. A good go-to place for a lot of reasonsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.